Paychex Insurance Agency Employee Reviews in United States

Fun diverse working enviorment.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 8, 2015
Good sales training and leads. The product delivered was not exactly aligned with the product I was trained to sell.

Training was thorough, sales processes were taught to ensure success and get in the door to make the presentation. Tools for success were readily available. Management supported us and made sure that we were successful. It was only once the product was sold that the company fell short on delivering the promises.

Training and tools should have been provided to the support staff that had to actually support the sold product and deliver the expectations that were set in the sales process. This was the biggest problem I encountered. I had to not only sell, but continue to service the prior sold products, while management wanted me to wash my hands of the sold products and sell to new clients.
Organized
Data Entry/New Case Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 13, 2015
Paychex is a very organized company that makes sure their employees are comfortable and successful. In the small amount of time I have been here it's been the smoothest transition.
Great people, terrible pay
Operating Risk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester NyMarch 4, 2015
Great job for after college and needing experience. Doesn't pay all that well, but if you value a stable job more thenthis is a perfect place for you.
Pros
stabilty, people
Cons
doesn't pay well
Great working evironment
Health and Benefits Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Good working environment. Good benefits and room for growth. They don't pay enough for the amount of work you have to do. Volume of work is unmanageable. Can cause anxiety.
Pros
great benefits and opportunities for growth
Cons
volume of work can be unmangeable
professional
PIA Specialist II (Current Employee) –  sawgrass dr rochester, ny14620October 24, 2014
professional office, sawgrass dr. Rochester, ny
god benefits
Health & Benefits Sales
Health & Benefits Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2014
A typical work day consists of prospecting, pre call planning, making sales calls, and quoting health plan designs.

I have learned how to use the CRM Sales Force. Paychex has helped me grow personally and professionally.

My managers at Paychex have helped develop my skills as a sales rep.

Interacting with my co-workers has helped me identify that I have strong leadership and coaching skills.

The hardest part about the job is not growing impatient when not exceeding personal goals.

The most enjoyable part about the job is the ability to work in an energetic and fast pace environment.
Very happy with my years spent at the Agency
PROPERTY AND CAUSALITY UNDERWRITER (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2014
Over all, I'm very happy with my time at Paychex Insurance Agency Inc. I've spent almost 6 years here and am walking away with some great friends and work experiences that will help me in the future. It's still a fairly "young" company so they do make mistakes but they adjust to the mistakes and move on. I feel for the most part upper management listens to their employees in order to keep us happy.
Pros
flexible, room to grow, training
Cons
salary is not adequate, but they are working to remedy that
A mile wide and an inch deep
Product Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 29, 2013
A rough environment. Dysfunctional management team applauds and rewards pessimism, condescension, and arrogance. Non-type A personalities need not apply.
Pros
integration with payroll services
Cons
innovation is stifled
Good culture overall
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 13, 2013
There are some very solid leaders within Paychex. There are times I feel leadership does not fully understand all aspect of the company can be run the same exact way.
Pros
good beneits
Cons
some leadership positions are not true leaders
leadership lacks ethics
Group Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 3, 2013
leadership in the insurance agency lacks the business knowledge of the products they are trying to have their agents sale.

They based quotas on numbers that are inflated, making it hard to actually do your job in a limited area.
Cons
company could not do what they were "selling" to the clients.
Productive and reliable workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 10, 2012
Paychex is a great company to work for. Not only is there job stability, but the people are great as well. Paychex has a great work life balance for it's employee's and I do not mind going into work daily.
A good working environment
Implementation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 23, 2012
There are many good people who work for this company. Unfortunately my position is being relocated, so I am looking outside the organization for employment.

4.4