Paychex Insurance Agency Employee Reviews

Great Company
Broker health insurance plans (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2017
Great Company , middle management needs work as they are hiring people who are not qualified and can make the entire division look bad. More thought needs to be put in this process.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Middle Management
Great platform to advance in your career
Sales Development Associate (Current Employee) –  MD/DC/VAMay 9, 2017
Great benefits. Good management. Can be very stressful when the division is not doing well. As an admin, sometimes it feels like your job is at risk if the division is not doing well. You do learn a lot. Company pays for your licensing class.
Energetic, competitve
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 3, 2017
Overall great place to work. Benefits and compensation are worth mentioning. The possibility for advancement however is lacking. Leadership is strong but communication from the top down isn't always there.
Racist
Health and Benefits Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 2, 2017
Racist company unless your white then your ok racist racist racist Ummm more racist they over work you just horrible experience overall so yeah they're racist
District Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 3, 2017
I like working at Paychex, but could not find a position to accommodate my acquired degree. I want to stay with the company but no opening are happening, so it is time to look outside the company.
Great company to work for!!!!!!!
SENIOR LICENSED HEALTH & BENEFITS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 4, 2016
Great company to work for and plenty of opportunity for advancement. Paychex takes great care of their employees which is why they are ranked at the top of the list for company's to work for.
Unique Sales Environment
District sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 25, 2016
Paychex is a unique sales environment due to the many different divisions that all work with clients. They can supply everything that a company would need to function such as Payroll, HR services and Employee Benefits.
Fun diverse working enviorment.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 8, 2015
Good sales training and leads. The product delivered was not exactly aligned with the product I was trained to sell.

Training was thorough, sales processes were taught to ensure success and get in the door to make the presentation. Tools for success were readily available. Management supported us and made sure that we were successful. It was only once the product was sold that the company fell short on delivering the promises.

Training and tools should have been provided to the support staff that had to actually support the sold product and deliver the expectations that were set in the sales process. This was the biggest problem I encountered. I had to not only sell, but continue to service the prior sold products, while management wanted me to wash my hands of the sold products and sell to new clients.
Organized
Data Entry/New Case Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 13, 2015
Paychex is a very organized company that makes sure their employees are comfortable and successful. In the small amount of time I have been here it's been the smoothest transition.
Excellent company
Regional Retention Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 12, 2015
Paychex is an excellent company to be a part of. They encourage you to share your ideas. They work with you to help you accomplish your goals. They allow you to pursue and lead projects. Paychex regularly wins awards for their training environment. We consistently have other companies approach our employees as they know that they will be well trained.
Pros
Excellent overall company
Great people, terrible pay
Operating Risk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester NyMarch 4, 2015
Great job for after college and needing experience. Doesn't pay all that well, but if you value a stable job more thenthis is a perfect place for you.
Pros
stabilty, people
Cons
Doesn't pay well
Great working evironment
Health and Benefits Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Good working environment. Good benefits and room for growth. They don't pay enough for the amount of work you have to do. Volume of work is unmanageable. Can cause anxiety.
Pros
Great benefits and opportunities for growth
Cons
Volume of work can be unmangeable
professional
PIA Specialist II (Current Employee) –  sawgrass dr rochester, ny14620October 24, 2014
professional office, sawgrass dr. Rochester, ny
god benefits
Health & Benefits Sales
Health & Benefits Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2014
A typical work day consists of prospecting, pre call planning, making sales calls, and quoting health plan designs.

I have learned how to use the CRM Sales Force. Paychex has helped me grow personally and professionally.

My managers at Paychex have helped develop my skills as a sales rep.

Interacting with my co-workers has helped me identify that I have strong leadership and coaching skills.

The hardest part about the job is not growing impatient when not exceeding personal goals.

The most enjoyable part about the job is the ability to work in an energetic and fast pace environment.
Very happy with my years spent at the Agency
PROPERTY AND CAUSALITY UNDERWRITER (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2014
Over all, I'm very happy with my time at Paychex Insurance Agency Inc. I've spent almost 6 years here and am walking away with some great friends and work experiences that will help me in the future. It's still a fairly "young" company so they do make mistakes but they adjust to the mistakes and move on. I feel for the most part upper management listens to their employees in order to keep us happy.
Pros
Flexible, room to grow, training
Cons
Salary is not adequate, but they are working to remedy that
Great place to build a long term career
Service and Retention Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 7, 2014
Days can be long and tough but the entire company works as a team to meet enterprise level goals. The company is constantly working to make every employee feel vested and engaged in their business.
Pros
Constantly growing and room for advancement
Cons
compensation could be better tied to overall company performance
Great for a large corporation
SALES DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 20, 2013
Paychex is a fortune 100 company and with that comes with a lot of great things and some not so great. I have much more positive things than negative to say. The management structure can be very confusing and who you report to for what.
Pros
Compensation, Job Growth
Cons
A mile wide and an inch deep
Product Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 29, 2013
A rough environment. Dysfunctional management team applauds and rewards pessimism, condescension, and arrogance. Non-type A personalities need not apply.
Pros
Integration with payroll services
Cons
Innovation is stifled
Good culture overall
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 13, 2013
There are some very solid leaders within Paychex. There are times I feel leadership does not fully understand all aspect of the company can be run the same exact way.

Pros
good beneits
Cons
Some leadership positions are not true leaders
leadership lacks ethics
Group Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 3, 2013
leadership in the insurance agency lacks the business knowledge of the products they are trying to have their agents sale.

They based quotas on numbers that are inflated, making it hard to actually do your job in a limited area.
Cons
company could not do what they were "selling" to the clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paychex Insurance Agency. Our community is ready to answer.

Paychex Insurance Agency Reviews by Location