Paychex Insurance Agency

Paychex Insurance Agency Employer Reviews

Health & Benefits Sales
Health & Benefits Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2014
A typical work day consists of prospecting, pre call planning, making sales calls, and quoting health plan designs.

I have learned how to use the CRM Sales Force. Paychex has helped me grow personally and professionally.

My managers at Paychex have helped develop my skills as a sales rep.

Interacting with my co-workers has helped me identify that I have strong leadership and coaching skills.

The hardest part about the job is not growing impatient when not exceeding personal goals.

The most enjoyable part about the job is the ability to work in an energetic and fast pace environment.
Very happy with my years spent at the Agency
PROPERTY AND CAUSALITY UNDERWRITER (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2014
Pros: flexible, room to grow, training
Cons: salary is not adequate, but they are working to remedy that
Over all, I'm very happy with my time at Paychex Insurance Agency Inc. I've spent almost 6 years here and am walking away with some great friends and work experiences that will help me in the future. It's still a fairly "young" company so they do make mistakes but they adjust to the mistakes and move on. I feel for the most part upper management listens to their employees in order to keep us happy.
A mile wide and an inch deep
Product Development Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 29, 2013
Pros: integration with payroll services
Cons: innovation is stifled
A rough environment. Dysfunctional management team applauds and rewards pessimism, condescension, and arrogance. Non-type A personalities need not apply.
Good culture overall
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 13, 2013
Pros: good beneits
Cons: some leadership positions are not true leaders
There are some very solid leaders within Paychex. There are times I feel leadership does not fully understand all aspect of the company can be run the same exact way.
leadership lacks ethics
Group Insurance Agent (Former Employee), CaliforniaApril 3, 2013
Cons: company could not do what they were "selling" to the clients.
leadership in the insurance agency lacks the business knowledge of the products they are trying to have their agents sale.

They based quotas on numbers that are inflated, making it hard to actually do your job in a limited area.
Productive and reliable workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 10, 2012
Paychex is a great company to work for. Not only is there job stability, but the people are great as well. Paychex has a great work life balance for it's employee's and I do not mind going into work daily.
A good working environment
Implementation Coordinator (Current Employee), Naperville, ILApril 23, 2012
There are many good people who work for this company. Unfortunately my position is being relocated, so I am looking outside the organization for employment.