Paycom Employee Reviews

Opportunities are everywhere!
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 16, 2017
I have been with Paycom for several years and have been amazed at the growth I have seen. People work hard but are rewarded with promotions within their positions as well as promotions into management. Opportunities are the biggest selling point of this company. Plus I feel we are only on the ground floor of something much bigger than where we are now.
Pros
Catered lunches for $4.00. Gym with 2 basketball courts, weights, treadmills, etc.
August 17, 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you sharing your experience.

Best Place I've Worked
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2017
Paycom is the best place I have ever worked. I've worked for several large employers in OKC. Great culture. Lots of opportunity. They care their employees and we get catered lunches, lots of training and some of the best leaders!
Pros
Culture, Growth, $1 insurance, 401k, Stock Program
Cons
It's a grind but can be so rewarding
August 16, 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you sharing your experience with others.

Best Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2017
I've worked at multiple places throughout my career and this has been my favorite by far. It has a great culture that's fun, fast-paced and positive. I love my co-workers, department and team. I have great work-life balance and a rewarding career.
Pros
Benefits, perks (on-site gym, discounted lunches, fun events), advancement opportunities
August 16, 2017

Thank you for sharing your love for your co-workers, department and team with others! We're glad you're a part of the Paycom team.

"Working at Paycom will change your life - and push you to be better than you are today."
Corporate (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKAugust 15, 2017
Competitive pay
Fantastic benefits - $1 health insurance, great co-pays, low deductible, on-site flu shots, wellness program, EAP, HUGE network of providers, competitive premiums for dependents
Easy to use technology - Apps, clear training, integrated in all aspects of employment
Endless leadership development for all employees, not just management
Catered lunches with easily accessible healthy choices

This is not a secret - Paycom has high expectations. It is competitive. If you're looking for a place where you can loaf... keep looking! To succeed at Paycom you have to be driven, innovative and you have to perform. This is not a "con" for those looking for a place to build a lucrative and rewarding career at one of Oklahoma's most prestigious growing companies.

Is this real life?
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2017
Paycom is truly an incredible place to work but more importantly an incredible place to grow personally and professionally. The fast pace and winning culture keep you on your toes and constantly learning while enjoying the people you work with. Our leadership teams are unwavering in their support of our mission, our clients and their teams. I have never felt more supported and valued at any other company as I do at Paycom. My boss is incredible and makes my learning and development experience enjoyable and pours so much valuable time into me. I have been at Paycom through the growth phase and I would not have it any other way as I have grown with the company as a person and professional in ways I never could have if it was at an "easy" company. The best of the best make it here and I am proud to be among them.
Pros
executive leadership, opportunities, lunches, benefits, culture
August 17, 2017

Thank you for your review and for sharing your perspective!

Only the Strong Survive
PSD (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 14, 2017
If you want to be the best, you have to work for the best. Paycom is a wonderful organization that thrives on a work-hard, play-hard atmosphere. I have had the privilege of watching the company grow from 300 people to over 2,000. I love working for a strong and profitable technology company that has supported me as an adult learner and also financially.
Pros
$1 healthcare, catered lunches, fun activities and amazing coworkers
Cons
family healthcare
August 16, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Paycom employee with others!

Great place - Poor management
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2017
Good place to work, but management is short sited and fails to equip certain departments with what they need to handle their client load. Micromanaged heavily.
August 17, 2017

We’re glad you agree Paycom is a good place to work. We hope you gave specific examples regarding your claim about management and not equipping certain departments properly during your exit interview. We wish you the best of luck.

Great culture with great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 3, 2017
Great place to start. Has great benefits and a great culture. You have various activities throughout the year to participate in which makes work life exciting.
Pros
Luncheons, culture, great pay, benefits
August 16, 2017

We're glad you enjoy the various activities throughout the year! Thank you for sharing.

Excellent Company
Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKAugust 2, 2017
Paycom is a great company with tons of benefits and has a great atmosphere. The workforce is highly motivated to make the company the best it can be. A great team atmospheres. The $1 employee health insurance is unmatched, the fitness center, cafe, campus and management are top notch! The company pours education, life skills and a lot of heart into their employees.
Pros
$1 healthcare, Excellent Training, Paid Time Off, holiday pay, fitness Center, yoga classes, basketball teams, opportunity for career growth, family functions
August 4, 2017

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience during your time at Paycom.

Paycom Pays
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 27, 2017
Paycom is a great company for someone who is looking to make a great salary based on sales. They have a very generous commission structure and flexible scheduling. This job allows you to be your own boss when it comes to managing your clients and book of business. You meet with your manager twice a week to go over goals and quota. I loved it!
August 4, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Client Relations Manager with others. We wish you the best of luck!

excellent
Production Specialist I (Current Employee) –  7501 W Memorial Rd OKC OK 73142July 27, 2017
Positive and excellent management. Good benefits. On site gym. Fantastic year end party. Good team.
Annual reviews. Training is comprehensive. Growing and expanding.
Pros
Paid Insurance and management.
July 31, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience as a current employee with others.

Amazing company as long as you stay away from the PSD Department
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 11, 2017
Paycom is an incredible company as a whole. I worked there for many years and never had a problem with the company. However the Paycom Service Department is a absolute sewer. If you are going to work for the company just make sure that you apply for any other department.
July 25, 2017

We’re glad you think Paycom is an incredible company. We hope you gave specific examples regarding your claim about the Paycom Service Department during your tenure and in your exit interview. Recently we had a TL who did not adhere to our professional standards nor did they demonstrate Paycom’s core values, and were subsequently dismissed.

Proceed With Caution.
Video Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2017
To be honest, Paycom is an ok place to work. It was rated the #1 place to work in 2016, but take that with a grain of salt, since Paycom encouraged its employees to leave positive reviews in order to achieve this status.

Currently, Paycom is in a sort of panic mode. After running into some serious issues, it seemed like leadership panicked and didn't know how to operate without taking the legs out from under many employees. A large number of departments are required to work excessive hours of mandatory overtime, which, after speaking with multiple employees, had never been mentioned during the interview process.

Expect a minimal work-life balance. PTO is slow to come by, but that is partially due to the nature of the business.

Paycom was most recently ranked one of the fastest growing tech companies in the United States. This is absolutely true. Paycom is growing so fast they are unable to effectively train their new hires. Even after a massive, 12-week training course for client-facing positions, many class graduates have told me they don't feel prepared because the trainers have never actually worked in Paycom's software with a client or had to address real problems.

As you look into working at Paycom you'll probably hear a lot about its culture. They do try to create a great culture by hosting week-long events, theme days/weeks, giveaways, free lunch days, etc.. However, a culture is only as good as its people. The majority of the people are great, but the majority of people I know from working at Paycom are stressed and/or unhappy. In my opinion, these events
  more... and giveaways are merely a band-aid covering up a bleeding culture.

That said, there are some great benefits of working at Paycom. $1 per pay period health insurance for full-time employees, $4 catered lunches every day, an on-site gym (the equipment is very outdated) and numerous employee discounts and perks.

All of this to say, proceed with caution and make sure you're asking questions and getting honest answers during your interview process. I'm sure Paycom will respond to this review and argue nearly every point I have made, but just remember: These reviews are supposed to be the honest opinions of current and former employees, not what Paycom wants you to think about the company.
Pros
Some positions and departments pay very well (others are terrible), $1 health insurance, on-site gym, room for advancement (comes at a price), $4 catered lunches
Cons
A large portion of employees are overworked and underpaid, some positions may require 8+ hours of mandatory overtime each week, culture isn't what it is said to be, no control over management styles (some leaders are good, but some are terrible), write-ups are tossed around like candy on Halloween.
July 25, 2017

Oklahoma’s Top Workplace was conducted through an anonymous survey and employees were asked to tell others about their experience. Any candidate that is interested in departments that have blackout periods or overtime are aware of those circumstances prior to interviewing. This is communicated during the interview process. In regards to work-life balance, there may be times when employees work more hours and are compensated accordingly. It takes a person that is willing to put in hard work and we recognize this isn’t for everybody, but those that do put in the effort, reap the rewards. We’re happy to say Paycom has listened to employee feedback regarding paid time off and recently increased paid time off for all employees. We also see you are a former employee, and hope you gave all feedback regarding training and culture during your exit interview. Best of luck in your new career.

1st Week
New Client Setup Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 2, 2017
I just finished my first week at Paycom as an NCS specialist and have enjoyed it! The amount of information you need to know can be overwhelming but should become easier after completing training.
Pros
$1 health insurance, $4 catered lunches, on-site gym
July 6, 2017

Thank you for sharing your first week experience with others. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Work hard play hard
Tax (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 19, 2017
They expect a lot out of you, but for $1insurance it's hard to say no. Very team and task oriented. Lots of fun weeks filled with food trucks, and silly dress up themes.
Pros
No mirco managing, minimal saturdays
Cons
Lots of overtime
August 17, 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you sharing your experience.

New Client Setup Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 9, 2017
The interview process is very, very thorough, but well worth it. They appreciate their employees and do the best they can to make sure you are treated well. Everyone is extremely nice, the security is top notch, and the benefits are awesome.
Pros
The people, $4 lunches, $1 health insurance, gym, training
Cons
Pto
June 23, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience as a Paycom employee with others!

too large of a company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 2, 2017
Boring: Pulling forms needed from various resources for to assist "Tax Analyst" with their research.
Manage the "Tax Inbox" email, forward to appropriate department, and store in proper folders.
Handle "Electronic Funds Transfers" applications, processes, and filing.
Make sure that checks are delivered to "Banking" at end of day.
Other administrative duties as needed to assist "Tax Department".
Pros
nice facility and employee gym
Cons
too much overtime
June 13, 2017

At Paycom, employees who succeed embrace grit, display an attitude of servitude and are always looking for ways to lead within their community and organization. These are the qualities that have helped us continue to achieve high levels of growth. We realize these traits aren’t in everyone and we hope that you are satisfied in your new job. Best of luck.

Strewsful
Team Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 30, 2017
If you don't fit into mainstream model of worker bee then you are passed up for advancement even if you are qualified. If you do know what you are doing then you are usually passed up because you may rock the boat, as it were,
Pros
Healthcare, lunches
Cons
Pay, respect level
June 14, 2017

Advancements and promotions are not given without warrant or effort. Those who display an attitude of servitude, embrace grit and accomplish the goals required to level-up reap the rewards. Please reach out to your team leader or manager for more information on ways you can achieve optimal levels of success that result in higher earning potential. As a current employee, we would also encourage you to speak with your TL, utilize the anonymous employee hotline or stop by HR to talk with your business partner regarding the “rock the boat” and “respect level” statements, as those are concerning topics and ones we take seriously.

Incredibly fast growing Payroll/HCM provider
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2017
Paycom is a great company to get a start at in sales. They provide good training under their Chief Sales Officer. In the role you will have to work incredibly hard and it is a very high pressure sales role. However they do pay very well for the position.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work Life Balance
June 14, 2017

We appreciate you acknowledging the many positives to working in sales at Paycom. It is no secret that the HR technology industry is highly competitive. Being a sales representatives is challenging and they must always be at the top of their game. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Best place I have ever worked
Production Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 22, 2017
Everything about this company was great. The culture played a huge part in me staying for as long as I did, I made lifelong friends that you just don't seem to find at other "corporate" jobs
Pros
Cheap lunches, gym, good pay, overtime
June 8, 2017

We appreciate you sharing your experience with others. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paycom. Our community is ready to answer.