PAYCOM

PAYCOM Employee Reviews

Great culture, good advancement opportunity, office politics
Additioal Business (Former Employee), OKC, OKJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Catered lunches, onsite gym and activities, great benefits, clean environment
Cons: Office politics, lack of trainin beyond the basics.
Great place to work. Decent pay, great benefits. Due to its tremendous growth there are lots of advancement opportunities.
Training is a hot word and a big deal, though not executed very well.
Culture is great and communicated a lot.
Office politics do play a bigger role than they admit, so how you communicate is more important than performance once you get past entry level.
Team oriented environment with an involved management.
Paycom Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 1, 2015
Pros: Monthly company lunches, employee involvement, gifts
Cons: Learning curve
Paycom was frequently a high stress environment but was balanced by the amount of care available from team leaders and management. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the amount of new accounts given out especially during the busy end-of-the-year season. The best part of the job was knowing that what I was doing was truly valued through monthly free lunches and random free gifts.
I'm Paycom Proud!!
Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 21, 2015
Pros: $4 catered lunches, $1 healthcare, on-site gym
Cons: NA
Paycom is the place to be! They are a growing company that truly cares about their employees. Training is incredible not only for corporate employees, but for sales reps as well. The culture is amazing, and can't be beat! I feel very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to shine within a company with such talented individuals.
High Risk/ High Reward
Client Relations Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 28, 2015
Pros: great compensation, reimbursement, car allowance
Cons: no PTO, long hours, micro-managing
Decent place to work, but work/life balance is non-existent. I love working with existing clients and building those relationships, but the management makes it hard to do my job because of the strict rules they set in place: 12 appts/week, $8K sold/week, different types of meetings needed/week
Amazing Place to Work
Paycom (Former Employee), OklahomaDecember 16, 2014
Paycom was the best place I have had the luxury of working. They have excellent training programs for everyone within the organization. Benefits are exceptional... you can't beat $1 health insurance and different plan options based on your family. The paths for career success are clearly defined so there is never a question of what is expected next in order to receive promotions, etc.
Do NOT work in COBRA Department
COBRA Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 4, 2014
Pros: catered lunches
Cons: bad management, expensive family benefits
Outdated processes. Team Lead is there because of friends, not experience. Will ask you way too many personal questions and use that against you later. Also is VERY inappropriate, insecure, and manipulative. She lies several times a day to everyone. The company itself is great, but everyone who has complained about her to supervisors has been fired. Horrible and degrading position at the company.
Structured and rigid sales team
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: sales experience, training
Cons: micro management, work life balance
A typical day at work involved out bound prospecting and appointment creation.
Company has reputation for too many employee leaves
Temp (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 12, 2014
Pros: lunches were charged to your card.
Cons: management
Great start for a young adult. Not a company that keeps their employees at a long period of time.
Great Pay but Hidden Company Agenda
Sales Executive (Former Employee), ParsippanyOctober 6, 2014
Pros: money and benefits for a year or two, experience developing b2b sales skills with businesses not in the market for payroll
Cons: zero job security after two years, 13 plus hour days, 1 and half days vacation every six months, blackout months with no time off allowed, door to door sales to companies not in market, drops of chachki to bribe people into meetings
Ignore the recruiters and the managers because they are the ones that stand to make money if you get hired. Here is the deal. If you have a fluid life, and are willing to relocate thousands of miles away, feel free to work here. All reviews about crazy hours, no time off, but incredible compensation are true. However, do not plan to stay put in your current location. Once you succeed for a couple of years, you will be asked to relocate to manage an office a thousand miles away. If you decline, your next option will be to travel for weeks/months on end to territories outside of your current state for sales work. If you refuse that, good luck keeping your job. People that do not move up to manager, and refuse to travel across the country for long periods of time to expand on territories far away, will definately be let go. Don't believe me? Go on Linkedin and try to find sales reps or exec reps that remained employed in their original location for more than 5 years. 870 employees and you may find 1 or 2 people that were not let go or did not move on. Why do they do this? Well to start, you make 50k. In a few years? 120k! Why pay someone triple the pay for cold calling and canvassing when you can use your world renowned training to get young employees up to speed quickly and pay 50k for similar results. It's all about profit margins and turnover to conserve on the most expensive part of the business- payroll. It is a brilliant business model but they should be up front about this at the interview process. If you are looking for job security, longevity in your current location, look elsewhere.
no stress
interview process is simple
enjoyable work culture
Not as great as they tell you...just wait 3 months
Account Executive (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: $$$
Cons: everything else
They say the turnover rate is 4% - that is a lie. People feel way too much pressure and leave. The only people that have been there more than 3 years are in management or supportive roles (admin, client services, customer support, etc.) They say that as long as you hit your numbers you will be fine - that is a lie. You will hit quota, then be asked, "what did you bring in today & what do you have in the pipe for tomorrow?" with a straight face (after being congratulated of course...sike!) They say that management is the best - that is a lie. Management only pays attention to the top of the top.

Be ready to give up your entire life. If you do not come in before 8am or stay after 5pm you are not "passionate" about the job. You will be expected to WANT to work 60 hours a week. Pay is great, but not THAT great to give up everything else. Management will even say that they hate when people complain about work life balance because it is up to them to create it...they are saying that because everyone is complaining about it...
Great place to work if you are wanting to work
Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 3, 2014
Pros: lunch, insurance, training, gym, money!
Cons: vacation time- too little
Paycom is amazing! I've had a few different jobs at large companies and never have I seen a company out so much time and effort into training, promotion plans, and making people happy. My first year was spent working towards a goal of getting promoted and I got promoted 4 times! My salary increased with each step and I couldn't ask for more. $1 EE only insurance, $4 decent lunches, free gym with boot camp classes, and free swag on a monthly basis. These are just some of the things you can expect from working a Paycom. Like I said before, they tell you exactly what you need to do to be promoted and give you ongoing, state of the art training in order to accomplish your goals. Management really cares about EEs.
Great Company
Sales Representative/ Project Manager (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: management, alone all day
Great company with tons of potential. I am looking for a more collaborative environment at this point of my career, and this is very individualistic.
Great Company Culture
Operations (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 6, 2013
Pros: $4 lunches, $1 benefits and on-site gym
Cons: like most office jobs, sitting at a desk most of the day.
I love working for Paycom. The company culture is great - $4 catered lunches, on-site gym, $1 benefits and everyone is very nice to one another.

Management is respectful to everyone and often recognizes its employees for their hard work. Its nice to know that my hard work is being noticed and is appreciated.

The product is also outstanding, which is why this company is growing massively. It's been named as one of the best places to work in Oklahoma City multiple years in a row. I continuously recommend people I know to apply.
Fun Place to work managed terribly
Administrative Operations (Former Employee), Oklahoma CItyDecember 1, 2013
Terrible Company Terrible Managers and rude people. I do not recommend joining this company you will be jobless in 3 months.
A career not just a job....
Sales (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 20, 2013
Pros: excellent career path. very rewarding
Cons: love what i do it's almost a hobby
I have been with Paycom since 2009. Each year I have grown and seen my career progress with this company. To be successful you must be driven, be a self starter, and be confident in your abilities. Paycom is growing so it's really amazing to be able to contribute to the success of the company. Best product out there by far which makes it exciting to sell. Great leadership and a very positive work environment. Very low turnover with new employees and almost zero for employees who have been here for 2years.
An exciting place to be
Client Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 7, 2013
Pros: the daily $4 catered lunches from area restaurants are quite the perk!
Cons: too little vacation. massive growth causing parking problems.
I've only been at PAYCOM for a couple of months now, but I am highly impressed with how it compares to all the places I've worked in my 20-year career.

It's exciting to be part of a company that's not just successful, but experiencing such incredible growth at an unbelievable rate. It appears the ceiling isn't even in view yet. With my oldest child not too far away from starting college, finding a job at a stable, well-positioned company was of utmost importance to me; that I'm able to use my creativity there is a bonus.

Management is more open and accessible than what I'm used to. Co-workers are friendly and -- this is a huge plus -- slackers are not tolerated. If you don't work, you don't work here. That's refreshing coming from places where so many work so hard to do only the bare minimum.

The culture is fun, especially for a corporation of this size. I expected one far more buttoned-up and strict than it actually is. On the downside, vacation days for the first year pale. That could be improved.

Still, I look at what we get out of the job -- $1 health insurance, $4 catered lunches every day, an on-site gym -- and it's too difficult to complain.
It was a productive and fun work environment.
Human Capital Executive/Consultant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 25, 2013
Paycom is an AMAZING company with terrific benefits and great management. Although quite exhausting, you definitely are financially compensated.
Must want a completely career focused life
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 26, 2013
Pros: great base salary
Cons: just about everything else
The interview process is ridiculously lengthy, and they make you think that you are not quite right for the job, just so you will want to prove them wrong. I made the mistake of falling for this and should have known that this company's culture wasn't for me in the beginning. You must want to center your life around your career to be successful, and I was not willing to sacrifice relationships for my job, so I helped contribute to their very high turnover. If you think that you can handle spending the majority of your time being told "no" and annoying people at their places of work daily, then you can make a great living. Be sure that you can be happy in a "typical day at work" before jumping in at Paycom.
Best job ever!
Admin Assistant (Current Employee), Lewisville, TxJuly 28, 2013
Pros: $1 health care, advancement, awesome coworkers
I love the company and my coworkers! There is always work to be done and I'm able to help other areas when they need it which means it's never boring or repetitive. We are always getting catering or rewards and we have one-on-ones with our supervisor each month to see how we're progressing. We also meet after work once a month for company get togethers...the whole atmosphere is fun, even when working!
Headquarters