Paycor Employee Reviews

Atmosphere is wonderful
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 25, 2017
Work day is very stressful with little flexibility. Other departments have more flexibility but not payroll. Building is new and colorful. They hire managers that have no management experience and you can tell.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
management and work load
For the exceptionally motivated
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHJune 24, 2017
With this company's recent shifts, change creates opportunities for those who have drive and initiative to work really hard. No "spoon-feeding" here--expect to research what you need to do your job and learn new things every day.
Okay
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 17, 2017
recently many too many procedural changes that have caused a lot of stress with employees. they do provide many employee perks that help with work/life balance.
Very stressful
SHARED SERVICES SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHJune 12, 2017
I have never worked at a place where I was so stressed out. Sitting one on one with someone and trying to learn the process was hard. They grew so fast and hired a ton of people and during the town hall meetings said that our jobs were good. No one was going anywhere and it was a good time to be with the company. It was not correct and they let go about 100 people, me included. I was not happy and very sad to go. I was hoping to be there during their major changes and the automation taking place but instead I was let go. Management was still working on a way to measure productivity which is a challenge when it came to review time. I did enjoy the people and the culture of the company. It was sad to leave but I guess it was for the best. I wish the best to the company and to the employees still there and I hope they continue to succeed.
Pros
Nice cafeteria, good people.
Cons
Too stressful, too many days that you could not take vacation.
Potential for success in the right territory
Major Market Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 30, 2017
There is potential for sucess within this organization if you have 1 to 2 years to meet and develop relationships. Success relies heavily on develping relationships with CPAs, benefit brokers, and bankers for referral purposes.
Pros
Large commission potential
Cons
Takes over a year to get off the ground
Nice Building - Terrible place to work
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2017
The best thing I can say about Paycor is that I met a lot of good people while working there. I think if you talk to most of them you would find out they are looking to leave. Paycor laid off over 100 people with no warning, used a strong non-compete to cover their tracks so you won't find anything about it in the news. I was overworked, underpaid and had four different managers telling me four different things. Would stay far away if possible.
Pros
Nice building, gym
Cons
random layoffs, management, company culture
Great Company with Supportive Chain of Command
Market Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2017
Paycor is a fantastic company with a great company culture, that is highly ethical, provides its employees the utmost respect and support in day to day duties & career growth internally.

The Sales Mgmt Team is extremely supportive and allows you to manage your own business as long as you are achieving 100% quota. Even the professionals that are under quota aren't micromanaged and are given plenty of support & flexibility to find a way to get back to 100%.
Pros
Work/Life Flexibility
Cons
Lack of Career Opportunities outside of HQ in Cincinnati
Not a great place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 2, 2017
Bit off more than they could handle. Had to RIF 130+ people after hiring them. Trying to go public made them make decisions that will cost them. Good product. Good service. Very competitive in the marketplace
Pros
good product and service
Cons
poor internal support
Fun while it lasted
Associate Major Market Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 1, 2017
While I was there they had a good company culture and overall did a great job of keeping the company values from the top down, except for the one major instance when they unexpectedly laid off 100+ people on a Monday afternoon. No warnings, no indications, just immediately laid off. Oh, and they were quick to point out that we have a strong non-compete that was signed, so I'm basically searching for a whole new industry to work in, which is hard because most employers want to see that you've had some experience in their field. Definitely left me hanging here...which is NOT part of the culture that they preached.
Pros
work-life balance, good technology, great people
Cons
very helter-skelter like in their dealings, lots of good ideas but not good at executing them efficiently. No consistency in policies, training, territory, etc.
Not a company, but bunch of people sitting in the same office
Software developer (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 21, 2017
Frisco office has an absence of vision, culture or motivation.
They cannot keep good talent. Only mediocre(or lazy-smart) people enjoy working at Paycor.
Approximately half of the people are low-paid and low skilled H1-b workers from India. In QA department this number reaches 80% or even more.
Most people don't care about the work(with some rare exceptions). Politics mean everything in this office, performance is not.
Productive and fun workplace
Implementation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 19, 2017
Very fun place to work with great atmosphere. Very fast paced and growing company with plenty of opportunity to excel. A great place to come to work and learn the technology industry.
Pros
Laid back, games in the office, happy hours
Cons
Fast pace isn't for everyone
Ok
Senior BI Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2017
I worked as a contractor for 6 months and liked my work there.
Good team and supportive management with good work environment. Used lot of Microsoft technologies.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 11, 2017
Productive and fun work place. Great atmosphere and culture. Definitely give you the tools you need to succeed. The people you work with are very helpful and understanding.
Pros
Great incentives, good work life balance, relaxed managers
Cons
Advancement, monotonous
Over Promise and Under-deliver
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 30, 2017
Paycor is a fast growing company and management is struggling to keep up with the rapid change. The culture is one of uncertainty as the strategic direction changes weekly. A lot of time is wasted on mandatory meetings and everyone, including managers, show up late.

Managers hold their positions based solely on tenure and not actual ability. Training for employees is non-existent.

All decisions are made on assumptions with no data or explanation given to employees.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Poor leadership, lacking direction
administration detail
ACA Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2017
management is great the work place is great they treat you like family and make working there a perfect work environment. you can advance in different departments
productive work place with extra activities
System Administrator I (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHMarch 26, 2017
co-workers friendly, helpful people. Manager doesn't know job. Doesn't like co-worker to work together on projects. small minded company for large company size.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
certain managers need to be replaced.
Fun workplace atmosphere
Quarter End Tax Preparation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 15, 2017
Highly energized and fast paced working environment. The company is constantly trying to do fun activities and offer more. Like a work out room and some fitness classes.
Good Job overall
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 13, 2017
Implementation at Paycor is a good job. There is a disconnect with Sales and this creates project issues. They are currently working on this and understand the problem.
Pros
Fun, great people, good work environment
Cons
Disconnect with sales and management
Growing Company, Great Culture
Sr. Corporate Sales Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 6, 2017
Growing Company, Great Culture with opportunity for advancement in a variety of directions within the organization. This is a place where you can truly be a big fish in a small pond and make recognizable impacts to the organization.
Productive and fun work place
Software engineer in Test (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 28, 2017
- Bold innovation happening in all facets of the company, not just in products.
- The most amazing culture I have worked in over my career.
- Incredibly smart peers and humble leadership.
- Lots of opportunities to learn and grow your career.
- Awesome campus & employee benefits/perks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paycor. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8