Payless ShoeSource

1.5K reviews

Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews

Operations Management
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 31, 2015
I learned how to effectively use time management to accomplish many tasks at once. OSHA compliance was learned as it was a big part of my job. Enjoyed working with a fantastic team.
Pros
The Team ans customers
Cons
My position was discontinued.
Worst job ever!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 28, 2015
This was by far the worst job I've ever had-I only worked there to have another source of income. The pay was horrible, the staff was young and unprofessional, no benefits, short staffed on shifts unless it's a weekend, regional manager was rude.
Pros
Cons
No breaks unless there was another coworker working, horrible pay, no advancement
very fast phase environment with great opportunities for new and existing employees
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  cerritos caAugust 27, 2015
Fun environment to work and interact with hundreds of people on a daily basis, from tourist to locals. If you love shoes you'll love Payless for its affordable prices and great competitive fashion styles.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
busy environment
Best Job Ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 27, 2015
I love shoes it was fun to work here I learned a lot about the different brand of shoes everyone Is always friendly its an great environment full of smiles
Company who follows their vision and values
District Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 26, 2015
Great experience.
Would go back if open position was within current geography.
Good leadership and believes in internal promotions.
I had a great time...note.....alot of tenure so upward mobility takes a while.
Working @ Payless Shoes
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Castleton, INAugust 25, 2015
AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. There is no better way to explain the company. they do not care for their employees and see them as tools. You can easily be discarded. I do not recommend you working here at all. they hire you on the bases you could get a promotion and then go back and stay that you were just hired temporarily and they can cut you loose at anytime. If you want my opinion. DO NOT WORK HERE.
fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2015
My working experience in payless was great. I learned new things everyday and was able to improve my communication skills. However there was many changes on the schedule and not enough ours being given to the employers.
productive and moderate workplace
key holder (Current Employee) –  elmont,nyAugust 24, 2015
do your job the correct way
team up with coworkers...makes work faster and easier
eat for 30 mins break or an hour
friends coworkers...like a second family
mundane and counterproductive
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2015
Boring, counting customers, reporting data to corporate and they were never happy when a person walked in and did not buy a pair of shoes. stocking, helping customers. Co-workers were great but it was usually a second job and there was barely any room for advancement even up to part time.
Pros
working with customers????
Cons
poor opprotuniy and upper management
Strong relations with customers, best service provided
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden FloridaAugust 22, 2015
Payless Shoes Source isn't about selling, it is about giving happiness. We are taught to have strong relations with the customers making them feel comfortable and welcome as well as convinced to look at our products.
Pros
employees are family, good managment, and fair treatment.
Cons
N/a
nice place to learn
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 21, 2015
maintain my area. keep area neat & clean. check out customers. set up seasonal items. everybody as nice. lunches were good.
Pros
really close
Cons
too far
payless review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJAugust 20, 2015
A typical day at payless was servicing all customers when they walked in. I had to perform a customer journey on each customer. I would balance my tasks while doing so. I would run shoes (put all incoming shipment on top stock and racks for display). I would coach an associate for 3 hours in a day for 3 days out of a week. I would record all goals in the book for the day. The hardest part of this job was to get each customer to buy something, it was a challenge but I was always up for it. The most enjoyable part was seeing the customer happy and satisfied in the end.
Pros
long breaks, recoginition
Cons
pay
Overall easy, but pay is terrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 18, 2015
In order to get hired you basically have to know someone who works at payless already to put in a good word for you. Management is ok and that's only if you're on their good side. The pay is terrible and not even worth the amount of work and quotas you have to meet everyday. You have to work holidays and weekends and you better have a happy face once you clock into work, customer service is everything at payless. The only enjoyable part about this job are the co workers, and thats if you get along with everyone.
Pros
co workers
Cons
pay, working holidays/weekends, meeting quotas everyday
Fast Paced and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa WIAugust 18, 2015
I went to work everyday to learn more about people and about myself. I had a really enjoyable time there. I love how the whole store worked productively together.
Fun and fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 17, 2015
Lots of customer service interactions and a great place to start off your experience in customer service. Decent pay for the entry level positions. Friendly and busy environment.
Pros
fun, lots of learning
Cons
short breaks, long work hours, no holidays
The most enjoyable part of the job
Retail shoe sales and distribution (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working for Payless ShoeSource was the opportunities for advancement, travel and being part of a large team.
wonderful company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2015
I enjoyed working at payless and everyone there. I learned a lot working there dealing with different people and situations.
Personable customer service and accurate cash handling
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 15, 2015
Always a positive and productive work environment. I never ran out of anything to do. Opportunity for room to grow I was hired as sales associate and advanced to cashier.
Pros
Steady to busy work flow.
Easy going and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GeorgiaAugust 13, 2015
Payless was a great place to work, you got to interact with people, find out their needs and wants to help you better serve them. It was awesome meeting new people everyday.
Largest Discount Shoe Retailer
International Merchandise Planner (Former Employee) –  Topeka< KSAugust 11, 2015
Very fluid position that requires one to be comfortable working in multiple retail roles like: merchandising, buying, financial planning, system development, logistics, marketing, product development, and assortment building. The non-traditional nature of this role develops you into a true “Merchant”. It requires one to be very flexible, comfortable with constant change, and the ability to always work in some shade of grey.
• Created targeted customer-focused assortments
• Supported the development of customer calendars
• Managed weekly and monthly inventory forecast
• Managed Receipt timing and product disbursement
• Developed new structures and systems
• Liaison between core business and international
Pros
Domestic and International presence. Size of Company and locations
Cons
People development and career advancement