Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews

Found 2,201 reviews matching the search
Payless Shoes
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Payless Shoes is great place to work if one is aiming for a great part time job. You will not recieve alot of hours but enough if you have a full time job to do both. Working there is easy not much is required for for part timers because all falls back on Management.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours if one wants full time
fun and easy going
Part Time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJanuary 22, 2017
You learn a lot about customer service at this job and managing and satisfying different types of customers. The atmosphere a day at work is always positive striving to do better. You learn to create and beat your goals. The hardest part is learning how to work as a team to beat all goals you have as one. The most fun part about the job is customer service and helping many people throughout the day.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 22, 2017
I have done so much work and I loved it. I was great in selling shoes and not just selling the once that people actually picked out and purchased but I was so good in it that people bought more than they came for.
Productive and fun place
Supervisor & shift leader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2017
Dealing with customers from every part of the world and different cultures was just one of the best experiences this job would give me. Making customers happy and provide them a comfortable shoe was the easiest part of my job, after all, we would have the best customers around the world. You do not speak English? that is not a problem, we will provide you all the help you need and we will make sure you have a great experience.
Very dangerous
Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 22, 2017
Forced to work alone in the store, and was robbed at gunpoint, they stole my purse and about $100 from the register. Three weeks later was robbed again by a man who only got $30. I quit after they refused to put two people in the store.
Pros
None to think of
Cons
Safety
productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJanuary 21, 2017
assist customers with orders and merchandise stacked shelves with missing merchandise rung customers up when they were finish shopping
Cool job depending on manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 21, 2017
Fun if you are a people person and can figure out a person's style to make sales. Pretty easy. Some mangers there are racist though unfortunately.
Pros
Easy
Cons
All managers aren't on the up and ul
Productive, fun working environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 21, 2017
I learned a lot about all kinds of different shoes. I learned how to size feet from small to big. I meet lots of new faces every day. I learned how to use a cash register and pricing. Also displays, which where very fun to do.
Pros
discounts
Cons
healthcare
Fun place to help people with finding shoes that fits them.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2017
Working here was very good for a first time job. I liked with interacting and communicating with the customers to know exactly what they were looking for when they came into the store. Also sometimes even having them to leave with a little more then what they planned to when coming into the store.
It was fun at most times but busy. It depends on where you apply .
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 20, 2017
The work is easy but can get boring. It was a good first job , especially when your a college student. You do get paid every week. Dont expect your checks to be OVER 230 EVERY WEEK.
Pros
Working With Customers
Cons
Manager, Hours
my review
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 19, 2017
Loved working here. Hours were cut and that is why I left. Loved the customers and the shoes! Not paid enough for the work however, you are in charge of a lot.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJanuary 19, 2017
Working with people was the best part of my job. I liked my original manager and management and their diverse approach. I enjoyed working as a team. Full- Time positions would have been great.
Pros
Flexible schedules.
Cons
New Management lacked diversity skills.
Shoe retail with customer oriented.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Payless Shoe Store has been a fun oriented retail and its customer service. Its been a fast pace environment in working in Payless as a store manager and reaching the company sales goals.
Pros
Providing customer service
Cons
The hours.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJanuary 18, 2017
Helping customers find what their looking for and check them out. Staying Late for inventory purposes and "tagging" all merchandise in the store. Coming in early to receive the shipments. Organizing all shoes etc.
Pros
Discount, Fast Paced
Cons
Long hours on feet, Short Breaks, Working alone
Decent job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I liked working here, you were usually active most of the day and met interesting people. I got along great with my manager and all of us working at the time got along and worked well as a team.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Pay not great
A good company to work for, for the most part
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 16, 2017
For the most part it's not a bad company. The management I had was great. They were great, and the DM was amazing as well. They were willing to make sure to balance school and work for everyone.
Pros
management
Cons
Not many
Bad Management, Too unproductive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN Circle CentreJanuary 16, 2017
Manager never in store, Never received proper training. There was never any work to be done but recovering Shoes. Some may enjoy being unproductive, not my work ethic.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no training
Very productive
Assist Man/ Key holder (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 14, 2017
I would answer phones, give customers advice on the best possible purchase, talk about promos to customers, clean, straighten shoes, measure peoples feet, do bank deposits, bank drops, do inventory checks for customers either in the store or by phone, run the P.O.S system.
Pros
Discounts on shoes and giving people great customer service
Cons
no problems
First job with sales environment
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 14, 2017
I can't really recall my initial feelings with Save a lot, but I remember loving my coworkers. I disliked cashier most days only because I didn't enjoy standing at the register with a big line of people when everyone else was off doing something else, but that has changed drastically.
Can be very peaceful
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 14, 2017
While being employed at payless shoe source I learned how to interact with customer and make sales. It can be a very busy work place at times but can also be very peaceful.
Pros
Great store manager
Cons
Barely any breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.