Paylocity Employee Reviews

Payroll Software Company with a Work Hard / Play Hard Mindset
Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great benefits, 9-6 with weekends off
Cons: weak training curriculum, no support structure
Paylocity is a wonderful company that offers great benefits and a consistent schedule. Its leadership team has a strong head and knows where it is going.
I loved working here
Account Manager (Former Employee), Lake Mary FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: relaxed dress code and benefits
Cons: poor training, high call volumes
I was very sad to leave Paylocity as the environment was fun, and the work seemed challenging and fulfilling. The training was not nearly enough information to be able to perform daily duties without help. Help was very hard to find from supervisors and leads.
Good work / life balance but horrible training and support
Client Services Account Manager (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILNovember 21, 2014
Pros: work/ life balance, pto hours
Cons: training, support and pay
Good company to work for, pay is low for the work that needs to be done. Training sucks, and support when your out on the floor is bad. They have a great work/ life balance.

It sucks that they bring you in as an account rep 1, knowing you qualify for higher and you see them bring in people that do not qualify for higher than 1 and they put them at a higher position.
fun environment
Account Payroll Manager (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 24, 2014
• Answer phones and respond to customer requests.
• Sell product and place customer orders in computer system.
• Provide customers with product and service information.
• Up sell products and services.
• Follow-up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved.
• Complete call logs and reports.
Good place to work with a good culture.
Processor (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 13, 2014
Good place to work with a good culture. Co-workers tend to be nice - work load can be a bit much at times. Sometimes high stress but the culture of the company tends to balance that out.
Regardless of what they say, it's still a call center
Account Manager (Current Employee), Arlington HeightsFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: casual dress
Cons: long hours, job totally misrepresented
The account manager position is totally misrepresented during the interview. The company advertises this as not a call center, but it is, only worse. You will have to handle a constant stream of calls, plus answer emails from your "dedicated" clients. You will never be given time to work on projects, and you will be constantly interrupted. The management of this company is completely disorganized, and there is blatant favoritism.
Excellent working environment with great team players!
Client Service Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: free fruits!!!
Cons: wish there was more overtime!
I enjoy working at Payocitly, it is never a boring day here. I am always busy doing what I love to do and that is helping people over the phone or in person if needed! I am very good with numbers and that helps my daily work here at Paylocity. Since I have to calculate numbers for clients when they call, it comes very easy for me. There are moments that are challengimg but that is when I work my hardest to finish and fulfill any deadlines that have to be met!
Great place.
Web Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington HeightsFebruary 1, 2014
Great place.Can be very stressful, but you can really thrive if you can handle it well.
Progressive place to work, very relaxed professional atmosphere
Project Services Consultant (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: relaxed work atmosphere
Cons: very high stress jobs
In the just over 2 years I've worked for this company, they have grown over double the size. The atmosphere is very relaxed and the focus is on making sure that the employees are as comfortable as possible in a very high stress work environment.
A fairly good employer, though has growing pains
System Administrator (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILMay 15, 2013
Pros: casual work environment, free coffee, fun and games for staff
Cons: growing pains, nepatism, a few bad apples.
Working for the past number of years has been with its ups and downs, great exposure to new technology and systems, however also a fairly small career track.
There are bad departments and good departments, the bad ones are demanding and pushy the good ones accept that sometimes the metaphorical wind blows the other way and deal with the change. The bad departments blame everyone else and cry to executives and make everyone miserable.

The company is growing fast and has a good position in the market, it should do very well once it is out of it's business adolescent years, the requirements for employees tend to be fairly high, but compensation is ok, and they like to do fun things for the staff all year round. It is a casual work environment, and most people enjoy showing up in jeans and a shirt, dressing smart will not necessarily mean a promotion, good job performance in most departments however will. There is a fair amount of nepotism and unwritten rules, but overall it is a happy yet professional place, no google, but no sweatshop either.
Very stressful environment
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLMay 14, 2013
Pros: excellent pto policy, csr appreciation week
Cons: management overloading staff - company growing too fast
A typical day at work is fielding between 50-80 calls and more than 50 emails from clients. I love my coworkers and can honestly say they hire the best, most productive staff. Unfortunately, the company is growing too quickly and it has caused an avalanche of stressed and overworked employees.
Productive and relaxed work environment
Clerical Assistance (Aerotek Contractor) (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: free lunches
During a typical work day I compared W2 forms to Year to Date reports and verified all information was correct.
Payroll Implementation
Payroll Implementation Consultant (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, IL / Remote EmployeeSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: having freedom to do what needs to be done
Cons: working from home.
A typical day at work involves using my time management skills and customer service skill to take care of my current clients.

The hardest part of the job is at times working under very strict time lines that have to be meet. But with my project and time management skills I am able to meet those deadlines.

My most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships that I make with my clients.
Great Growth, Little Senior Management Leadership
Manager (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILMarch 18, 2012
Pros: growth
Cons: uncontrolled and planned growth
Experiencing great growth but at a sacrifice to day to day functionality. Sales and functionality "improvements" made without consideration of how clients will be implemented and supported. Life's good if you are a sales rep, difficult for everyone else.
Headquarters