Paylocity Employee Reviews in United States

Paylocity
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 21, 2016
I love working for this company. The structure is great! The constant change and evolving product keeps the competition on their toes. I believe the only problem is the Growth of the company and how fast they are growing. Training and Development could be better for staff with an ever changing environment but overall my experience has been wonderful with this company!
Pros
Culture, Products, Compensation
Cons
Training
Great corporate culture
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 11, 2016
Paylocity was very educational, challenging and family friendly place to work. I compare all my job offers to Paylocity.
Pros
corporate culture, challenging, compensation, training, benefits
Cons
management
Great entry level company
Web Benefits Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 15, 2016
Paylocity is a great company to start your career! They are a very laid back organization that offers a great work life balance. The other team members are exceptional as everyone gets along very well, and works diligently to accommodate client needs.
Pros
Great management, and great culture
Cons
The compensation that is offered is a little below average, and although there is some advancement opportunities, depending on the department, you may hit your peak early on in your career.
State of the art Payroll and Tax Preparation
External Trainer and CSR (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJuly 8, 2016
The teams are made up of strong personalities, making for an intense working environment. I learned how payroll processing is done and taxes are calculated Continuous training to keep up with changes in the federal guidelines.
Pros
multiple locations
Cons
no consistency in managment styles
Payroll Software Company with a Work Hard / Play Hard Mindset
Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 18, 2015
Paylocity is a wonderful company that offers great benefits and a consistent schedule. Its leadership team has a strong head and knows where it is going.
Pros
free lunches, great benefits, 9-6 with weekends off
Cons
weak training curriculum, no support structure
A fairly good employer, though has growing pains
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 15, 2013
Working for the past number of years has been with its ups and downs, great exposure to new technology and systems, however also a fairly small career track.
There are bad departments and good departments, the bad ones are demanding and pushy the good ones accept that sometimes the metaphorical wind blows the other way and deal with the change. The bad departments blame everyone else and cry to executives and make everyone miserable.

The company is growing fast and has a good position in the market, it should do very well once it is out of it's business adolescent years, the requirements for employees tend to be fairly high, but compensation is ok, and they like to do fun things for the staff all year round. It is a casual work environment, and most people enjoy showing up in jeans and a shirt, dressing smart will not necessarily mean a promotion, good job performance in most departments however will. There is a fair amount of nepotism and unwritten rules, but overall it is a happy yet professional place, no google, but no sweatshop either.
Pros
casual work environment, free coffee, fun and games for staff
Cons
growing pains, nepatism, a few bad apples.
Good culture very competitive atmosphere
National Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 23, 2015
Good entry level job, with good some perks. Awesome management team that is always around to help you out. Just wish the pay was a little greater for all the work they demand out of you.
I loved working here
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary FLJanuary 6, 2015
I was very sad to leave Paylocity as the environment was fun, and the work seemed challenging and fulfilling. The training was not nearly enough information to be able to perform daily duties without help. Help was very hard to find from supervisors and leads.
Pros
relaxed dress code and benefits
Cons
poor training, high call volumes
Challenging and rewarding Sr. Sales position
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 8, 2015
Company growing very fast in the Human Capital Management software industry. Great company, great culture, great opportunities to advance in sales career.
Regardless of what they say, it's still a call center
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington HeightsFebruary 22, 2014
The account manager position is totally misrepresented during the interview. The company advertises this as not a call center, but it is, only worse. You will have to handle a constant stream of calls, plus answer emails from your "dedicated" clients. You will never be given time to work on projects, and you will be constantly interrupted. The management of this company is completely disorganized, and there is blatant favoritism.
Pros
casual dress
Cons
long hours, job totally misrepresented
Payroll
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 29, 2015
I deal with payroll, and customer service. Detail oriented and processing payrolls and providing exceptional customer service to clients who use the software.
Good work / life balance but horrible training and support
Client Services Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 21, 2014
Good company to work for, pay is low for the work that needs to be done. Training sucks, and support when your out on the floor is bad. They have a great work/ life balance.

It sucks that they bring you in as an account rep 1, knowing you qualify for higher and you see them bring in people that do not qualify for higher than 1 and they put them at a higher position.
Pros
work/ life balance, pto hours
Cons
training, support and pay
Payroll Implementation
Payroll Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, IL / Remote EmployeeSeptember 28, 2012
A typical day at work involves using my time management skills and customer service skill to take care of my current clients.

The hardest part of the job is at times working under very strict time lines that have to be meet. But with my project and time management skills I am able to meet those deadlines.

My most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships that I make with my clients.
Pros
having freedom to do what needs to be done
Cons
working from home.
Very stressful environment
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 14, 2013
A typical day at work is fielding between 50-80 calls and more than 50 emails from clients. I love my coworkers and can honestly say they hire the best, most productive staff. Unfortunately, the company is growing too quickly and it has caused an avalanche of stressed and overworked employees.
Pros
excellent pto policy, csr appreciation week
Cons
management overloading staff - company growing too fast
Excellent working environment with great team players!
Client Service Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2014
I enjoy working at Payocitly, it is never a boring day here. I am always busy doing what I love to do and that is helping people over the phone or in person if needed! I am very good with numbers and that helps my daily work here at Paylocity. Since I have to calculate numbers for clients when they call, it comes very easy for me. There are moments that are challengimg but that is when I work my hardest to finish and fulfill any deadlines that have to be met!
Pros
free fruits!!!
Cons
wish there was more overtime!
Good place to work with a good culture.
Processor (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 13, 2014
Good place to work with a good culture. Co-workers tend to be nice - work load can be a bit much at times. Sometimes high stress but the culture of the company tends to balance that out.
fun environment
Account Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 24, 2014
• Answer phones and respond to customer requests.
• Sell product and place customer orders in computer system.
• Provide customers with product and service information.
• Up sell products and services.
• Follow-up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved.
• Complete call logs and reports.
Progressive place to work, very relaxed professional atmosphere
Project Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 8, 2014
In the just over 2 years I've worked for this company, they have grown over double the size. The atmosphere is very relaxed and the focus is on making sure that the employees are as comfortable as possible in a very high stress work environment.
Pros
relaxed work atmosphere
Cons
very high stress jobs
Great Growth, Little Senior Management Leadership
Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 18, 2012
Experiencing great growth but at a sacrifice to day to day functionality. Sales and functionality "improvements" made without consideration of how clients will be implemented and supported. Life's good if you are a sales rep, difficult for everyone else.
Pros
growth
Cons
uncontrolled and planned growth
Productive and relaxed work environment
Clerical Assistance (Aerotek Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 25, 2013
During a typical work day I compared W2 forms to Year to Date reports and verified all information was correct.
Pros
free lunches

2.9