Paymetric is seeking a Systems Administrator to be responsible for the daily operation, configuration, deployments, tuning and security of a high-availability, 24x7, high volume, transaction processing SaaS environment. This position will be located in our Austin office
- Operation, configuration, and maintenance of standard and custom applications, product and patch deployments.
- Manage day-to-day operations of critical infrastructure.
- Configure and monitor internal monitoring and alerting systems (Splunk, Nagios)
- Ensure that Disaster Recovery Plan and Business Continuity Plan is followed and tested. Monitor and analyze environment capacity, performance and sustainability.
- Coordinate problem resolution with external vendors and internal departments in a timely manner.
- Experience in supporting highly available, high transaction, production operations in a SaaS environment. Previous experience in the financial space is PREFERABLE
- Ability to respond to the urgent issues 24x7. Must be on-call. Flexible hours, possible after hours works may be required.
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects, sometimes under pressure and under minimum supervision is a MUST
- 5+ years Windows 2008 / 2003 System Administration is a MUST
- 5+ years of support for Active Directory and mixed (Linux / Windows) environment is a MUST
- Postgres database setup, configuration and administration is a PLUS
- 3+ years of experience with load balancers (Citrix NetScaler), clusters and other high availability technologies is a HIGHLY DESIRABLE
- Ability to document environment, create diagrams, create processes and procedures is a MUST
- Excellent analytics and troubleshooting skills are HIGHLY DESIRABLE
- 3 + years of Linux (RedHat) installation, configuration, hardening and administration. Additional experience with Apache, OpenSSL is REQUIRED.
- 3+ years of Virtualization technologies
- 3+ years of experience with network and applications monitoring tools, diagnostics and troubleshooting tools, including but not limited to Nagios is a PLUS
- 1+ years of VB, Shell scripting, PowerShell. Ability to automate through scripting.
- Understanding OS and networking level security, hardening in accordance with NIST, CIS, NSA and other standards, deep understanding of security events (log) is PREFERABLE
- Willingness to go beyond the baseline to achieve timely, positive results.
- Citrix load balancers (NetScaler)
- Windows 2008 / 2003 Servers, Active Directory, IIS
- RHEL versions 5 and 6, Apache, OpenSSL
- VMware ESX 4 and 5
- Storage technologies (HP P4000) and blade chassis (HP C7000)
Indeed - 20 months ago
Paymetric was founded by two former SAP employees with the vision of delivering advanced payment solutions for large enterprise customers....