PayPal

PayPal Employer Reviews

Paypal
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: facilities
Cons: call center environment
Decent job but little to no advancement. Medium pay for the job description. Nice facilities and desk equipment. Good overall.
AWF-Contractor Forget about getting hired here
Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee), San JoseJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: open culture
Cons: layoffs to come, too many "managers"
I was a contractor for 1 year here and did not get hired on as a FT employee. They lied to my face after 6 months and told me they were going to hire me and that the paperwork was in process. They asked me to be patient with them because it is a slow process. I got letters of recommendation and public recognition for my contributions during my time there but no job in the end. They took me out to lunch on my last day and gave me over $100 on gift cards but no job. Use them for job experience then move on, they won't hire contractors and they can't keep you as a contractor after a year. No free food with this company and it is expensive ($7-$9 a meal). Most employees have management titles but no power. Culture is great. You can sit anywhere on campus and work. It doesn't matter what time you get to work as long as you get your work done. Open to letting you work from home as well. Lay offs to come due to new CEO.
Decent company
Sr. Launch and Execution Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 14, 2015
PayPal has a great product and brand reputation but as with all larger companies, there is good and bad. On the good, the work life balance is a focus for PayPal...on the bad, it is a large company that is difficult to get things done. Smart people at the top, but poor organization of resources, project overlap, and significant gaps between groups. PayPal can be extremely political and depending on what group you are in, may determine your happiness. From my experience, the larger the project, the more frustrating the organization is.
Exceeds a minimum stat expectation measured daily, monthly and annually while promoting and maintaining a positive attitude.
Chargeback Large Merchant Agent-Chargeback Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, bonuses & stock given on annual reviews
Cons: employee numbers oriented & lots of promotions from outside. employee promotion rare.
Provides front line service on escalated chargeback cases to managed accounts and top buyers on all credit card types with a sense of urgency.

Provides side-by-side mentor training and communicates new hire training with the strictest confidentiality.

Uses discretionary decision skills in completion, placing or cancellation of pending reversals, restricting accounts & resolving chargeback cases.

Handled all credit card cases:Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express along with international credit cards.

I had to multitask at all times to maintain all stat expectations.
Productive and great Learning enviorment
Business Consultant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 19, 2014
Pros: new challenges daily
Paypal was a very pleasurable place to work. My co-workers were very helpful and positive. Although the base pay was low, the commission and reward for good performance made up for it.
Agenda:

work,
technology,
co-worker
environment
Productive and fun work environment with arcade/airhockey break room.
Business Support Agent (Former Employee), Chandler, AZNovember 25, 2014
Pros: fun, upbeat, working directly with the subscribers of the product.
Over the Phone, recorded calls, time expectation resolves, paperwork processing, financial transactions handling.
Assist Merchants across our country, in all online payment processing needs, and advise businesses of better online selling practices. As an ear to the every day Merchant I was able to voice desires and concerns of the public PayPal users to the upper Management who change the company to better fit customer’s needs.
Fun work environment!
ICA SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDNovember 23, 2014
Pros: free soda!
Cons: not much opportunity career advancement
PayPal is a unique place to work. They go above and beyond to please their employees. I am seeking a position geared more toward my career goals. Otherwise, i enjoy working with my team and management.
Fast Paced enviroment with lots of room for advancement
Merchant Risk Vetting Representative (Former Employee), La Vista NENovember 19, 2014
Pros: great benefit package
Cons: fast pace with little time to learn new job tasks
PayPal provided a secure place of employment. PayPal offers great benefit packages to their employees.
Where Do I Begin
Compliance (Current Employee), Chandler, AZNovember 18, 2014
Pros: clean bathroom and cafeteria
Cons: management lies, pay lower than competitors, incompentent leadership that makes you question how they got and kept their position.
Login into a computer and begin your research.
Management - Must give up your self-worth and must be willing to not question management. Some have a "i am god" mentality.
You wont advance based solely on your abilites
Easy environment, joy to work there, nice team and great management
Russian Customer Solutions Agent (Current Employee), Dundalk, LHNovember 16, 2014
Pros: subsidised canteen, bonuses
Easy environment, joy to work there
nice team and great management
Great Work Environment
ICA SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDNovember 13, 2014
Pros: free soda!
Very creative in the way they treat employees. Offers great benefits. Position is pretty stressful at times.
Great Place to work
Collections Agent (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDNovember 13, 2014
Pros: health care coverage, free gym on site, 401 match day one
Cons: short breaks, payscale, and difficulty to move up
Learned a lot about direct interaction with customers from a call center perspective. My workers were exception nice nonetheless a great culture and workplace. Hardest part of the job was reasoning with angry customers. Pros great benefits and employees. Cons the direct pay scale and the difficulty to move up in the company
Amazing Organization!
Lead Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 10, 2014
Great pay and benefits and amazing opportunity to advance and work in a variety of departments and also within multiple domestic and international sites.
Excellent place to work
Debit Card Agent (Current Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: great company culture.
Cons: they pay a bit less than other companies, but also have a lot of perks and bonus opportunities that make up for it.
If you are a mature, responsible individual with the ambition to learn and grow professionally and personally, you will love working at PayPal. The company culture truly is outstanding. You can move up quickly if you are consistent with your work performance and responsible with your time. This is by far my best work experience.
Nice place to work
Director Global WFM / BI / IT GSD (Former Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 18, 2014
• Directed all aspects of WFM Short Term Forecasting, Scheduling, Real Time Management and Workforce System Support with teams in NA, APAC and EMEA.
• Worked closely with leadership in all regions to provide support for more than 140 segments, and 19 languages for more than 9,300 teammates responsible for delivering Customer Support and I/O Collections.
• Directed development of an interval level staffing model that drove efficiency and assisted in managing outsourcing partners.
• Directed Business Intelligence including Key Performance Indicator Reporting, Data Analysis, Teammate Incentive Program and Voice of the Customer Analysis.
• Directed the transformation of the IT Global Support Desk to an End to End Customer experience environment, also part of the new partner RFP selection process.
• Key accomplishments:
1) Multiple staff promoted via succession planning process
2) Internal employee morale scores drastically increased above company average
3) Turnover nonexistent
4) Successful employee engagement
Review
FULL TIME CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS AGENT (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 10, 2014
The company is very good to their employees, the other employees are also nice and willing to help you if your new. The job itself is tiedious.
Great team atmosphere
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 10, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is my team. We work very closely together on projects to help each other succeed.
Very Employee orientated company w/great management
Merchant/Business Service Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 26, 2014
Pros: state of the art cafeteria
Cons: the distance from my home was approx 40 miles
PayPal was an extremely great company to work for. They consistently showed employee appreciation, w/superb benefits. Training was continuous and the company morale was always high. Working in a call-center environment was my comfort zone, therefore my co-workers were also a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of this job was when we would have system and website updates, and customers/merchants were unable to access their account. It was a pretty hectic environment when this happened, but working under pressure is what I was accustomed to being in the customer service/call center environment for as many years that I have been. I enjoyed everything about my tenure at PayPal, from tax season (the busiest times to providing exemplary service to our customers.
Awsome trainning
Fraud Agent, Arizona (Current Employee), chandlerAugust 26, 2014
Pros: game room/medical/dental/401k
Cons: salary
The company offers great training and lots of benefits. They offer 401k/medical/dental/tuition/vacation. They have a gym/cafeteria/etc

1 2 3 4 5

About PayPal

PayPal wants to be your best bud in the electronic payments industry. The company, which is a subsidiary of eBay, allows individuals – Read more