PayPal Employee Reviews in United States

PayPal remote worker
Vendor Management & Contracts (Current Employee) –  Remote from FLMay 25, 2016
PayPal is a wonderful dynamic, forward thinking, innovative organization that i have had the pleasure to be a part of. Supportive and nuturing group of people from the top down. This is way PayPal is great!
Bad management ruins a good thing
Customer Solutions Agent (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 17, 2016
I had so many hopes for this company. However they do not actually care about their employee's and the great benefits keep going away one by one. The split from Ebay really left PayPal straggling behind. They want you to do a job they don't even seem to understand. Every manager will tell you something different. They let favorite employees slide .However if they don't like you it could be corrective action for the same thing the other person did.
Pros
Heathcare, 401k, stocks
Cons
bad managers, no communication, harder than expected to move up or change departments
Busy Environment
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 16, 2016
Great Company. Lots of opportunities. Management could use a little more training. I had the opportunity of meeting a lot of great people, and build life long relationships.Overall a great experience.
PayPal is OK
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2016
Nice place to work. Not a bad place to work.
I am ok with this place to work. Someone will also find this a good place to work.
Pros
Free fruit Fridays
Cons
nonw
Productive and casual work atmosphere with outdoor grills, pond with walking path, basketball and volleyball court.
Disputes Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lavista, NEMay 14, 2016
PayPal is a good company to work for with the competitive pay and great benefits. There are bonuses which can be average or very extravagant depending on your work productivity, customer survey returns and the amount of overtime you work. It is a very stressful job trying to achieve an exceeds most rating while trying to make the best decisions on a case or dealing with a difficult customer when you have a set phone handle time to adhere to. Most of my coworkers did their job good and would take the time to make good decisions so another agent wouldn't have to go back and correct something. However, there are those who know how to work the system and just don't care to do the right thing the first time as it may take to much time and then they don't have the best handle times. This lack of caring makes them look good with the best handle times and that falls on those who do the right thing. It is hard to do a good job when you are being put into a competition with that. Management is also stressed in making sure their team is making the numbers so they look good. I understand this is a business and time is money but be reasonable and don't expect everyone to hold handle times the same as those who cheat the system. What I enjoyed the best with PayPal was the hours I worked from 6am to 2:30pm which was nice so you still had time after work to run errands, relax and have a life.
Pros
early work shift, benefits, bonuses
Cons
required metrics
Fun
Customer Suport (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 11, 2016
It's a great company and room to grow. But o not a fan of responses when applying for other positions they don't get back with in a timely manner
Pros
Vendors come weekly
Cons
Short Break and micomanagment
It was wonderful working in PayPal
IOS Developer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 6, 2016
I was working in a team of five member. There were tough times and a fun times. I would like to sate the tough time as when you don't get your team support on doing part of module in an eccentric way. I had to bring back my code to there acceptance and then start working on my own on my ideas. It was also fun during times when we all unite as a team against the testers team supporting each other. On the whole I loved working with my friends in PayPal.
Great Coworkers, great environment, harsh customers and irritating managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 5, 2016
Being very social person and tech-savvy, I found the environment of the company very enjoyable. The giving back to the community, the Eco-friendly cafeteria and personal benefits were all fantastic. The plans they had in place to help you get an idea of how you could advance your career; genius. I did not, however, appreciate the manager that decided to tell me what my career should be and vetoing my own opinion on the matter.
This company was especially unique in that they listened to their lower leveled employees' complaints and had a team of people who worked to fix those issues or improved the software/hardware we used. Employees were also empowered to take each customer's situation and really do what was right for that person, and not always have to adhere strictly to a black and white policy.
Customers were completely hard to predict on the phones, especially from around the world. Some times they would hold out as long as needed and did so politely, and some answered my call screaming. In this regard, this was one of my most challenging positions I've ever taken.
That being said, I could say I still stand fully behind the company and loved most all of my coworkers.
Pros
Eco-friendly, benefits, hour flexibility
Cons
unfair managers, extremely harsh customers
Top performers are a threat to management and shown the door.
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  La Vista, NEApril 22, 2016
PayPal never seems to reach their potential. Tenured, senior high performing employees routinely shown the down at or near their 10th anniversary, especially white males. Absence of grey beards, and older women too, negatively impacts the ability of PayPal to understand the marketplace. Lack of business acumen in the management ranks is detrimental (most people managers are in their first jobs ever.) The management style is to keep employees afraid, which negatively impacts morale. Entrepreneurial spirit is severely disciplined. PayPal is devolving vs evolving. Look for a buyout/sale/downward trajectory as their market awareness is poor (Level 2 insider.)
benefits
Cons
lack of business acumen, understanding of card processing
A challenging place to work
Customer Service Agent - Limitations/Restrictions (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 21, 2016
With the exception of inconsistent upper management objectives, and poor inter-segment relations, in retrospect, this should have been a far more pleasant employment environment then what it proved to be.

The flexibility afforded employees was considerable, complete with shift options, and lateral, as well advancing, positions.

A typical day involved the receipt of calls from personal and business account holders from the Australian and New Zealand markets to resolve their partial and full account limitations/restrictions, the resolutions of which proved additionally difficult due to the consistently poor relations amongst support segments.

The culture made for some peculiar work relationships, but overall, many of my teammates, especially the more recent ones, were quite a joy to work with. NOTE: In my segment, there was a consistently high turnover - always having new hires, and the promise of new hires.

The hardest part of the job was having to provide "talking-points" to vehemently angry customers when there were no reasonable explanations for why their accounts were restricted, AND why the restrictions could not be resolved.

The most enjoyable part of the job was many of my teammates, and my team lead; these were some wonderful people.

What I mostly learned was how to creatively, and successfully service and resolve many extraordinary customers who had extraordinary challenges facing them due to inaccessibility to their personal and business accounts; the most challenging AND rewarding, satisfying, were the business accounts, because of the diversity
  more... of challenges that were often associated with resolving their account issues.  less
Pros
Benefits; flexibility; team/lead
Cons
travel (local); poor inter-segment relations; upper management inconsistencies
Mind numbing work, pay was good though
PayPal Credit Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 19, 2016
I worked here for about a year before the stress of the job got to me. Sitting at a desk everyday and taking back to back phone calls is not the best job for everyone. That being said, if you have experience in high volume call center and enjoy it, this would probably be a great place to work for you.

I was in PayPal Credit Customer Service. Very busy, back to back calls, would take 80+ calls a day. You must meet standards for call time and a customer satisfaction score. If you exceed standards, you get a bonus every quarter. I maxed my bonus each quarter I was there, which was awesome to get that extra money. It's not hard to meet your scores if you work hard at being very friendly with the customers.

My team leaders were always great. I learned a lot from them about handling calls and resolving the issue without assistance from higher ups. I feel like i'm an expert at de-escalating calls. They also really cared about your training and advancement in the company. I enjoyed my weekly meeting with my leader.

Upper management above them was not so great. They felt very fake an unapproachable. They did try at least to seem friendly, so I will give them that. Upper management was very slow, if ever, at responding to issues from the floor agents. We would be faced with an insurgence of calls for months regarding issues that never would be fixed, so our only solution for the customer was one that left many people in a bad situation.
Pros
team leaders care about you growing, optional overtime sometimes
Cons
high call volume, lack of follow through from upper management
Did not enjoy the people I worked with
IT Quality Assurance Software Tester (Former Employee) –  La Vista, NEApril 12, 2016
The people I worked at PayPal were not the kind of folks I worked at West corp. They would always monitor my work. There were East Indian speaking people and I could hardly understand them. They would monitor your mouse and if it didn't move it would turn an orange color meaning that you weren't working at your desk.
Pros
I didn't like any part of that job
Cons
They monitored everything you did, did not feel very good about working for this company
Exciting for a call center.
Customer Service Agent II / Debit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 6, 2016
The supervisors and management make the work environment fun, as fun as a call center could get, in my opinion. Still, it's a call center.
They have a game room
Limitations Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 4, 2016
Culture has changed. It was casual and they wanted to keep it human. After that was removed from the behaviors everything went down hill.
Pros
subsidized food, game room, and employee discounts
Cons
bad managment, treated like a number, pay not equal to job duties.
production based
Merchant Vetting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lavista, NEApril 1, 2016
Review merchants applications for credit products. Review and analyse credit reports, determine risk to company if product is approved. Know the business model and verify it is not a fraud business or account that was set up with stolen information.
Pros
schedule
Cons
advancement
Work Life Balance
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 27, 2016
Work/life balance is a little off kilter and it takes a lot to get a schedule change, even if the circumstances are out of your control.
Overall pretty pleasent place to work
Debit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 24, 2016
A very diverse company. Fun atmosphere to work in. Management can play favorite but overall not a bad company. Good benefits. Depending on your Manager depends on your personal experience. I had 5 diff managers in a year... Working on the phones 10 hrs a day can get a nerve racking. Plenty of departments to start in, if your not into customer service rolls. Their metric system for bonuses is not "user friendly".
Pros
Benefits, co workers
Cons
Customer Service, Management, Metrics
Great atmosphere!
Limitations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 12, 2016
The management and staff are very supportive. Fun people! Very fast passed center! Love it! Made the day fly by! I learned so much about online hacking and 'spoofing'-- I really was able to help people in difficult times financially. I always had a great team of co-workers, they were always willing to help and gave great examples of how they handled the situation-- very close knit. Everyone looks after each other.
Pros
Supportive staff and co-workers. FABULOUS atmosphere!
PayPal
Sr. Lead Software Application System Development (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2016
PayPal has good working place and good environment,
It has very good technology products.
People are very help ful to each other and cross team communications is good
Pros
Very good
Cons
NA
Fun place to work friendly culture, pool table, awesome cafeteria
Customer Solutions New Member (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 24, 2016
have a daily schedule to adhere to shifts are usually 8 hours or 10 hours. Managers are on par for knowing what the employees job is and assisting with job progression. I would advise being flexible with expectations of shift and manager.
Pros
1 month sabbatical after 5 years, 5 days paid volunteer time yearly
Cons
no flexibility with schedules