Payscape Employee Reviews

Challenging, fun, hard work
ACCOUNT REP/ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 6, 2017
If you are inclined to be a sales producer Payscape is going to be challenging and rewarding. The compensation is very good and the payout is weekly, including bonuses. The residuals are paid monthly for the previous month. The management team is very good at motivation and recognition. I learned that they like to reward sales reps who get good results. Although it is a very competitive industry an culture I found the workplace to be relatively laid back in meetings and in just hanging out together. The biggest challenge that I encountered was the fact that our office did not have any in office sales support staff. That means that the reps have to sell and do maintenance for the accounts, which can be a little difficult to get used to initially. There are many different companies involved with some of the products and getting all of the working parts together on the "same sheet of music", so to speak, can be tiring. Overall, if someone wants to roll up their sleeves and work for a living and be rewarded, I think Payscape is the way to go!
Pros
No weekend work unless you want to do some extra work to get ahead
Cons
Different parts and different companies can be difficult to make work for you
Work for zero pay
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 2, 2017
Even operations work for zero money. I don't understand how anyone lives off of what they get paid there. They are basically slumlords of working.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Get paid zero
Great place to work. Competitive environment that promotes growth.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2016
I love working at Payscape. The competitive nature challenges me to grow as a professional and management provides me the support I need to facilitate that growth. I truly enjoy waking up and coming to work at Payscape every morning.
Pros
Great corporate culture, growth opportunities and support
Cons
Not for lazy people
Hard work is rewarded!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2016
Payscape has created a unique culture that allows you to have fun while you work. Hard work is appreciated and rewarded. There is a huge opportunity for growth!
Endless Opportunity, just make sure you take advantage of it!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2016
Working at Payscape means your day will never be boring. From the technology, to the business, to the culture, things are ever changing and evolving. It's been an incredible place for me to learn and grow professionally, without crippling fear of failure. At Payscape you are encouraged to try a new idea, and if it doesn't work out the first time, try again or tweak it a little bit and then see what happens. Tons of room for upward mobility, no matter which area of the business you are in. The constant change can be difficult to navigate and you may find yourself wearing several hats while holding one role, but if you can tough it out, as they love promoting from within.
Pros
Great culture, endless opportunity, growing like crazy
Cons
Could stand to improve communication and transparency
Great people, great dogs, great environment!
Employee Experience Admin (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2016
For the first time in my professional career I am surrounded by hard-working, motivated, and intelligent people daily. Everyone helps each other to reach their goals and beyond. I am constantly learning more and more each and every day, and there is so much room for growth. Everyone in upper management is super understanding to employees when it comes to life/unexpected events. There is unlimited opportunity to prosper with this company! Such an awesome group of people to work with/for!
Pros
Excellent leaders, fun, endless opportunities, amazing leadership.
It's like a startup, but better
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2016
I've worked at a fair bit of startups in my day. This is much better. Payscape has been around for about 12years in the payments space, and it's only growing. I can't speak for the sales team, as those people either do well, or they aren't meant for a sales job. I can only speak for the technology team. They're top-notch. This is a company that really values the software development team, and they're doing great things.

Management knows enough to know that they didn't understand how to build a proper software company, so they brought in experienced leadership. The development team has a lot of work to do in the next year as they execute on some great new products.

The culture at Payscape is top-notch. This is something you rarely see outside of Silicon Valley. Parties for holidays....even the strange ones. Happy hour every 3-ish weeks. I'd say with certainty that there isn't a day that goes by where 2 people from Payscape don't get together after work in some way. We work hard but play hard too.
Pros
Culture, Rewarding work, modern technologies, management
Cons
Parking (we're moving soon)
You get what you give
Outside Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 14, 2016
When I first came to Payscape I was a bit nervous about the compensation, but after seeing it in action I do not have any regrets. Just like any sales position, you have to work... The only difference with this sales position is that it keeps on giving. The residuals continue to add up and provide you with solid pay. The potential for growth is endless. The managers want you to succeed, they are not even allowed to take deals for themselves. There are always great incentives, like parties, plane tickets and an awesome beach trip. There is nothing like the culture here at Payscape, and I could not be happier to be apart of this awesome company!
Pros
Upward mobility, fun culture, awesome incentives
Cons
You have to work hard to see results
Happiest I've ever been
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2016
I'm excited to come into work every day! I've learned more about payments technology than ever before. Which puts me in a great space long term. The corporate culture here is amazing. It is a fast paced fun environment where we treat each other like family.
Pros
Culture, pay, industry
Only up from here
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2016
Joining the Payscape family has proven to be the best move in my career thus far. I work on the operations side of things, not sales, but have in-depth perspective on how both work.

Operations: The leaders Payscape has picked to guide their operations teams are individuals who truly empower you. They all provide the tools needed for you to excel in your career and give you the opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally. Promotions and raises are not handed out, they come when you've earned them. Executives and "suits" are transparent and approachable every-day people. You'll get to know them very well, including their families. HR and reporting bosses are kind and empathetic to personal emergencies. Flexibility for work/life balance is readily available to those who don't abuse it.

Sales: For both outside and inside sales, it is what you make it. Outside sales can be especially hard and candidly speaking that's where we see the most turnover. If you're not out there giving it all you can, you won't be successful. All sales reps are given the tools, resources, and advanced training to prep them to make the most money possible. It's up to you to make it happen. How much effort you put into your sales position directly reflects your salary. Of course you have to slowly work your way up and find your groove. It doesn't happen over night. The sales structure here makes it easy to get paid once you find your stride.

Products: In addition to payment processing, Payscape has a suite of SaaS products that I can put my beliefs and morals behind. The technology
  more... works and the mission to help SMBs streamline their business operations works. Another reason sales should always be lucrative at this company, our products and overall technology are highly sellable.

Culture: Payscape is the only company I've worked for where they actually practice the culture they preach. There are no hidden agendas, no "tricks" to get you in the door. Everything is transparent and it really is almost too good to be true (fortunately it's all just very good and very true). Sales reps have tons of opportunities to win big prizes like all-expenses-paid exotic trips, general plane tickets, electronics, etc. Monthly happy hours help new trainees and current employees mingle and build lasting relationships. Being able to bring your dog to work is a huge plus if you're a dog lover. The laid-back atmosphere of the HQ in Atlanta is also a nice breath of fresh air when comparing to typical corporate offices.

If you're thinking of applying at Payscape but are unsure, don't be. We're bursting at the seams with opportunity and growth. From here there's no where to go but up. The company has been successful for year, is successful now, and I foresee that being the case for years to come.
Pros
Amazing culture, excellent management and team leaders, transparent executives, family + fun atmosphere, a true word hard play hard environment
Cons
Sometimes overwhelming workloads but it is a growing company so that's expected, Company culture can be misunderstood and taken for granted

Want to know more about Payscape?

Ask a question
Awesome company with unlimited potential
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2016
A typical day is "10-4 out the door". The team is a great, and everyone is very supportive of each other and will go the extra mile to help you get started.

The hardest part of the job is definitely the industry, but if you stick it out and build a book of business then you have unlimited earning potential and your residuals will never go down.
Pros
Make your own schedule, lots of resources from corporate office, multiple product lines to sell, lots of prizes and contests
Cons
No gas reimbursement
Good job if you can establish partnerships
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 5, 2016
I've worked here three years and it's very tough in the beginning but once you've established yourself it's an ok job. Very tough to make good money.
Fast paced and fun
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2016
Payscape has built a solid foundation by being innovative and having local offices. Successful candidantes are self motivated and know how to work. Company is committed to training and supporting local account executives. Outside sales role serving small to midsize businesses
Pros
Diverse products and services. Fun, fast paced, and financially rewarding culture
Cons
Must be a self starter that wants to be outside the office doing sales activities.
hard work for little pay
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 26, 2016
when they say it's YOUR business that means you PAY all of your expenses and they reimburse you $0 and your suppose to enjoy this. in reality it's their business and you get paid very little to get and keep their business. After all your expenses are added up at the end of the month versus how much they pay you, you lose money and your suppose to be ok with this or your not a "team" player. it will take them up to a month to pay you on an account you close.
Pros
Cons
no accountablility at with management
Great company and culture!
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2016
If you are a hard and independent worker this is the place for you. The company culture is great and there is always room for growth!
Make sure you know who you work for.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 18, 2016
This job has a lot of potential, but your manager will be your biggest help so be sure that you know a lot about him before you accept the job. The hours are great because you work from home.
Horrible
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 21, 2016
Never filed paper work. Regional manager wouldn't return phone calls. Training is horrible. Given a few pamphlets and told good luck. Nothing but lies.
Pros
Cons
To many to list.
Puppy Mill
Senior Account Director (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 26, 2016
Lies from the day i walked in till the day I walked out. I watched so many good people get taken advantage of then discredited and thrown away.
Overall good place to work
Financial Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  LouisianaNovember 19, 2015
Overall good place to work in a sales driven business. 100% commission is the only problem in an extremely competitive environement.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
100% commission and difficult rampup without bank alliance
Great company
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 16, 2015
Has lots of technology for your business solutions. Great opportunity to up-sell even when you are not trying to. Day consist of cold calling, asking for referrals and being able to assist your customers when needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payscape. Our community is ready to answer.