PCC Community Wellness Center Employee Reviews

Productive and healthy environment
Healthy Start Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
This job gave me excellent experience working with women and children. I gained management experience. The most enjoyable par of the job was the flexibility because it gave me the opportunity to complete my bachelor and work full time.
Pros
excelent supervisor
Cons
Job instability
I loved working with the patients
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILJune 16, 2017
place to work. I loved working with the patients. I loved verfying insurance. The location was convenient.Teamwork was very important as was communication.
Pros
I loved working with the patients
Cons
computer system is awful
Stable
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILApril 29, 2017
Pcc is a is a stable place to work as long as you stay to yourself. Like every work place your going to be surrounded by drama, you can't make friends sorta like high school the best thing you can do is stay to youself. Team leaders are helpful but shows favoritism with task and schedules. The employees have more drama than patients which is sad that adults have to behave that way. MA's are Deteriotating because of the streesful work enviornment. Loved the patients, they where very nice and honestly that's what kept me there for as long as i was. It gets very busy on a daily basis and you see a large flow of patients which can get a little challenging but in the long run it's great place to get experiance. The doctors are cool and easy to work with some more than others.
Pros
Convenient place to work
Cons
Poor work Environment
not a very good place to work
Financial Counselor/Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2017
Pcc will make you work as much as you can for pennies and then let you go the moment you speak up. They tell you they have an open door policy but it is false and miss leading.
Unhealthy environment to work as a MA
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2016
I have experience as a Medical Assistant and working with PCC has been one of the most toxic environment I have ever worked in since day 1. Training was awful I didn't learn anything. There is a lot of conflict of interest that is not being reported because management is in it. It reminded me of being in high school with all the unnecessary drama. No one is in the same page. Providers are overworked and stressed and they will take that frustration on you. If they are running behind they will blame it on you. I was not there long enough but employees that have been there a long time complained of lack of increase in their pay. Not a friendly environment. Management tries to intimidate you.
Pros
1 hour of lunch but they remind you that they can go back to 30min
Cons
Awful work environment
Inexperienced managers/ if you are liked, you have opportunity to grow
Pcr team lead (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILJune 29, 2016
I worked for PCC a couple of years.
Management is not helpful. If you are new, you will be trained by the team leader who is most likely answering phones,and registering patients at the same time as they are training you. They are always understaffed. Which is why the training process is complicated. You basically have to watch and learn. Managers do not step in to help with training. Be ready to pick up slack for any of the favorite staff members. They will make mistakes, and manager will expect you to correct them over and over and over again.
A lot of he said, she said, you said goes on. Don't be surprised if that gossip was started by management. They enjoy the drama, pointing fingers, and intimidating their staff with calls to the office for petty reasons.
Pros
Constantly reminded of being back in high school
Cons
If you are not a managers favorite, you will not be able to work in peace
Good Place to work for beginners
PSR Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2016
Not crazy about this place. Honestly I just needed a job at the time. Management sucks. Most employees at the oak park locations are extremely ghetto. Management is not flexible with hours. I was fortunate enough to transfer to another location where the staff is professional and strongly enforce hippa. The pay is ok if you are just starting out. There is room for advancement but you must kiss up to management.
Pros
ability to transfer locations
Cons
no advancement, ghetto
Experienced MA's STAY AWAY from PCC AUSTIN
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  PCC AustinJanuary 21, 2015
If you have experience MA's are intimidated. Most of them are negative and messy, one in particular stays in the Supervisors office telling EVERYTHING. She is insecure and has a problem within herself. Some of them are lazy they take 2 hour lunches and if you are not a part of the clique you better not do ANYTHING wrong because they will definitely get you fired. Its a shame grown women act like that. Its a ghetto environment and definitely not a place I would seek care.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
ghetto environment, incompetent supervisor, doctors are bipolar, MAs are immature, lazy, messy, and sneaky
Giving healthcare to those that are in need
PCR Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2014
Clean my area and check the messages from the night before.
I learn lots of physician handwriting and how to put all the messages in systems and the medicare and medicaid system in verifing insurances
I got HIPPA certified
The hardest part of the job was seeing people sick
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people
Pros
Giving help
Cons
Place need more cleaning
No oppointunity for emplyment growth
Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJune 10, 2014
enjoyed working with the staff, the physician were caring and committed in providing excellent care to the under privilege patients
Pros
working with external customers to the clinic
Cons
no growth within the organization
This is not or ever will be a good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILMay 21, 2014
The doctors suck and they all seem to be bipolar.Be careful of other ma's they lie or set up to get fired.Long hour's low pay.The doctor's have patients returning to the office for no reason at all just for the money.Pcc is billing the state for millions of dollars when the patients are not even sick for bogus return visit's
There are a few very awesome dedicated people, but some were just toxic.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJanuary 9, 2014
In terms of providing high quality patient care to under-served populations, PCC is great. The providers, other medical staff, and a small portion of management is very dedicated to the mission of the organization and passionate about their work. However, there is an laissez-fare attitude by many management staff that they can treat people as badly as they want without consequences. A lot of management is super friendly with each other and plays favorites, OFTEN. Also, horrible HR department--the younger people were nice, but the older ladies were really mean, sneaky, and possibly unbalanced. High turnover runs rampant. Not a good place to develop a career unless you're a doctor or APN.
Pros
People are very friendly at South--eating and hanging out together, most clinics are easily accessible via public transit which is good for employees and patients.
Cons
Toxic management, low pay, small amount of vacation, no 403b match, no professional development for non-management staff.
Patient oriented place. A very intelligent and friendly staff.
Triage Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILOctober 14, 2013
Review phone calls and returned triage calls by priority.

Learned about diagnosis and treatments daily. Our providers were always showing/teaching nurses new procedures. Was allowed to assist with more invasive procedures.

Management was very understanding to individual needs and concerns. Easily approachable.

Nursing staff shared new ideas and all things learned with other nurses. Friendly and full of zeal nurses and medical assistance staff.

Hardest part of the job was leaving for the day. There was always those last few calls I wanted to return myself and not delegate to the other nurses because I felt a personal connection to the patient who called.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that I learned something new everyday. The providers were great about teaching. I also enjoyed working with such a great friendly staff.
Pros
Flexibility in work hours
Cons
No 401K, non-profit organization (raises were rare)
Horrible & negative environment
PCT (Former Employee) –  Oak ParkAugust 9, 2013
Management was very dishonest and had their favorites, the rest of the employees where fair game for mistreatment.

Even the HR department was underhanded. Did not really care for the patients only the money. BAD PLACE TO WORK
Pros
If you're their favorite you have job security
Cons
Management is money hungry don't care about patients
love the patient
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2013
love the environment. Help the patient was a joy. Management was always willing to help.
Pros
love the patient
Cons
co-workers were gossip too much
always had assignments available, flexible schedule
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJune 25, 2012
If this agency was still on the market i will have no problems working for them again
Could be managed better.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Oak park, ILNovember 14, 2011
I would rate upper management adequate. Need more structure.
Cons
need to respect employees better.
I got along with everyone and I worked there for a short time so I can't say much .
Receptionist /Team leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Il.October 15, 2011
I only worked there for 1yr. so I really can't say much about how it is but I can say one thing from what i saw everyone got along fine. My supervisor was a very nice person her name was Janette she was very nice then Mike became my supervisor he was nice also.
Pros
fun at work
Cons
long hrs but fun