PCL Construction Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Light Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2017
The worst job I ever been on. Will not work with them again. A typical day at work was very stressful. I felt threaten and harassed daily by client and management. They have very poor people skills. They treated employees bad. My foreman was not good at his job. and a bit racists. I was held back and not allowed to train on heavy dirt equipment.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Not fun after you get laid off
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 6, 2017
After you get laid-off it hard to reach someone in the Deer park office. They do not return any of your call. The answer services state that some one will call you in 24 to 48 hours an I been waiting for three months.
Pros
Great hours if you are to get on
Cons
It's a who you know to get hire on
ROD-BUSTER (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXMarch 29, 2017
great workplace and a great support system amoungst the crews and the field was a great place to grow in your selected craft. i grew and learned alot there.
Pros
great
Cons
great
You simply cannot do better
UC Physician (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDMarch 25, 2017
I worked for 5 years here in their Express Care. The support staff was excellent. The Administration always has your back. Compensation is great and you can work the amount of hours that is comfortable for you. It is a very collaborative environment. I cannot recommend VMC enough. I was sad to leave.
Pros
Family culture
Great co workers, great physicians
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 23, 2017
Management does not support growth of staff within clinic. Hires from outside even though there are highly qualified employees within. Some supervisors micro manage.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Micro managing. No growth opportunities
a productive and fun place to work for
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 14, 2017
a typical day of work- walk/ stand most of the day. running around answering all the call lights, short breaks

I learned that you do the best you can. sometimes, you cant do everything. Sometimes, you just have to tell yourself its okay to ask for help.

Management- they are always willing to listen to you. they take the time to talk with you regardless how busy they are they make sure they are there for their employees.
Administration- still gap communication between the employees and admin.

workplace culture- a diverse atmosphere to work in

hardest part of the job- not enough staff

most enjoyable part of the job- staff knows how to have fun, regardless of how stressful it can be. we have potlucks to celebrate each-others hard work. we work as a team.
Pros
potlucks
Cons
short breaks
Equal Opportunity Employer
Journeyman Ironworker, Safety Audit Team (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TN, LA, & TXMarch 14, 2017
While working for PCL, I was given the opportunity to prove myself as a Woman in Construction. I began working as an Ironworker Helper, and then was promoted to Journeyman after proving myself worthy. I then was transferred to work in the Pipe Department. I also participated on the Behavior Based Observation Safety Audit Team.
As an Ironworker I fabricated, built, and installed framos pipe supports. I walked with Quality Control to verify proper installation of supports.
After being transferred to the Pipe dept. I oversaw a crew of 8 pipefitters by issuing work packages for installation of spools, valves, gaskets, etc.
I compiled spool requests, material requests, and completed Foreman's daily report.
I created punch lists, and also made corrections per punch lists. I was allowed to verify spool, gasket, and valve installation with Quality Control specialists prior to selling work packages to the client.
I updated information on production from daily reports.
On the BBO Safety Audit Team I participated in the monitoring of at risk work habits of employees. During safe work audits I complimented safe work or made proper interventions.
I am very grateful for this opportunity for nowhere else has any contractor recognized my skills, talents, and leadership abilities.
Thank you PCL.
Pros
Recognizes Veteran Employees
Benefits were reasonable
Lead Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2017
Management was horrible, and with horrible leaders, drama was allowed. For the most part a learned a great deal. I got a great deal of experience and enjoyed working to assist in helping to getting patients to a healthy and stable lifestyle.
Fun indepent easy job
Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 7, 2017
Good job for the hours an work . Just not something to expect is advancement. However steady income an employment. Great job working independently an being on the road .
Pros
steady flow of income
Cons
no advancement, traffic jam rush hours road rage
Great construction company experience
Field Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 5, 2017
Long and hard work days which is to be expected in the construction field, but the company had a great culture and PCL was very helpful when it came to relocation and compensation.

Want to know more about PCL Construction?

Ask a question
productive
Pipefitter Power Plant (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 4, 2017
learning and productive day.I learn about safety and different ways in do the jobs faster and right at the first time. Love the team and the way that we get together for have the work done
Pros
Learn every day
excellent people to work for considerae and kind to all
GENERAL FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNMarch 3, 2017
this company values their employees and shows it in the treatment of each, eah employee is treated like they matter and that they are important to the company
Pros
considerate of others
Cons
not many jobs but enjoyed the one that I was working
Enjoy the finish product
Pipefitter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNMarch 1, 2017
I enjoyed working from journeyman up to foreman. Seems to gain more respect from co-workers. Enjoyed installing systems from start all the way to start-up.
Pros
safety
Cons
getting into job site
Better than most
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Kern County, CAFebruary 27, 2017
For the most part it's a good company to work for. Wish it paid more for the type of work. It's a great place to start in the oilfields. But wish you could move up quicker
Pros
4 ten schedule
Cons
Not consistent
Love the People I met Here.
Pipefitter/ Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXFebruary 27, 2017
This was a good company for me. Yeah management was strict but hey it comes with the job. They could do more on the communication part. That is key to success.
Pros
Free lunches, free cert training, certification programs.
Cons
Bird dogging our cool down stations.
Good experience safe company
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Dow chemical Freeport TxFebruary 13, 2017
Enjoyed working with PCL at Dow chemical in Freeport tx.co workers were good to work with knowledge in industrial electrical work
Pros
Good co workers and had electrical knowledge and skill
Cons
The traffic in parking lot
ok construction
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNFebruary 12, 2017
ok job to be at. management not people pleasing and lie to employees om daily bases. paid good money only reason why I stay around so long
safety needs work
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Rising Sun, MDFebruary 12, 2017
one rigger per crane. no one to clear load path, have to depend on other crafts to do your job so you can ensure safety.
rigging tools continuously go missing.
Good company
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Polly 5February 8, 2017
Never made you do anything to get you hurt.. They took care of there people as long as they took care of them we did not have many rain outs and we worked alot of hours
lots of hours
Laborer, forklift operator, structural welder (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZFebruary 7, 2017
did everything from concrete to welding and operating equipment. if you showed an interest they would teach you. good pay and good foreman crew was great to work with. I learned a lot at this job
Pros
good pay
Cons
no work after that job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PCL Construction. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval