PCM Employee Reviews in United States

Constant Change
Data Center Architect / Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 24, 2016
Really is a pretty good place to work, but there is constant change in managements attempt to improve both business and processes. With that said they have your back as an employee and has good work life balance. The company also has had slow but constant improvement.
Pros
Work from home, and employee enablement
Cons
Constant change
Great company
Corporate I.T. Sales (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 11, 2015
My time at PCM has been a great learning experience and I value my time here. I have been here since 1991 and have great memories.
Pros
Awesome co-workers, lunch and learns and atmosphere
Cons
insurance could be better, compensation could be a lot better.
Great Experience for a sales job if you can keep up
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2016
Working through PCM was a great experience for a first sales job. There was never a slow day and the days run by so quickly since there was always something productive to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all sorts of different clients from small/medium to enterprise businesses. My branch was acquired into PCM so my branch management was by far my favorite. The hardest part of the job was so much constant change. Quotas went up higher than usual towards the end of me working there and it was a hard transition for my company to keep up with our constant business with so much change from a customer standpoint as well.
Not Real Happy
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 28, 2015
After 9 months they went back on employment contract and reduced my salary by $40k. Not really happy with them and looking elsewhere.
Innovative and Rapidly Expanding Tech Sales Company
Sr. Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 10, 2016
Exciting and challenging company that has experienced tremendous growth over the past year. Hardworking employees who work well as a team to support one another to manage heavy workloads.
Change too frequently and don't let changes set in and develop
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IlOctober 19, 2015
PCM has big ambition to grow in the industry. They make a lot of changes in senior leadership, company focus and organization, though, and usually only stick with them for 3 to 6 months. If the results don't meet the inflated expectations immediately, they abandon that strategy or introduce another that doesn't complement the former. New executives come in frequently and want to blow up the existing system and implement their new visions for success (usually very good) but rarely last longer than a year and their strategy never has a chance to mature into a successful. The business units exist as silos and communication is cumbersome and ineffective. While they have many products and services to offer, it's very difficult for the AE in the trenches to put all the pieces together to win an opportunity they're bidding on.
bad place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 26, 2016
bad job security for either loyal or new employees, a lot of office politics, bad management. I would not recommend anyone to work there.
Great place to get real experience!
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Great company to get of allot of professional training and experience in everything related to Information Technology Business Solutions.
Pros
Great company to get of allot of professional training and experience
Cons
New Management, Not a organically grown company
Growing company with great culture
Sr. Corporate Recruiter (Headquarters) (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CA 90245February 9, 2016
Great experience with a great team and a great mentor. Enjoyed recruited on various level of positions across the board from technology to marketing and sales.
Good job, but politically biased
Trained New Sales Staff, Closed deals (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2013
It was a great place to work, although the compensation was very low. Despite having top 5 sales numbers in the company, I was fired for writing an email about conservatism, so there is a definite discrimination issue happening there
Pros
free lunches, spifs, prizes
Cons
very low compenssation, discrimination rampant
Relaxing job
Network Operations Center Analyst (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GANovember 20, 2013
Most of the people I met and worked with and around were very nice. ALL WERE TERRIBLY SMART!
Great Environment
Great place to upgrade skills
Pros
fun place to work. great hardworking people.
Cons
no room for growth within the company, pay, getting a raise is determine by who likes you not your work ethic.
I enjoyed the patient contact
RN (Current Employee) –  Montrose, COMay 13, 2013
the actual work is good, the clients are wonderful, however there is no job security nor are there any benefits. Management is not responsive to employees needs. Many errors on payroll, requires many corrections and delays.
I rate the company high because they care about there employee's.that work for there company.I enjoyed working and look forward for another client.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 3, 2015
I work for PCM as a certified nurse assistant in Tallahassee Florida.When i got hired with PCM i thought it wasn't a real company,but after working with all the staff and Michael in Denver CO there very nice.They call you a head of time and let you know if some one is coming late.I would like to think all off the PCM family for giving me and opportunity to work with everyone.The family member that i took care off and the family was the sweetest family that you could ever have.
Pros
good schedule days and good nurses, but most off all good family.
Cons
NO Cons
A great stepping stone into IT
Help-Desk Analyst-Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHJanuary 14, 2013
Nothing here stays the same for too long. The company as a whole is in the process of a number of changes all around.

Overall this is a great place to be if you are just getting your feet wet in IT and want to move up later on.
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
benefits are very expensive.
Wasn't the best work environment
Microsoft Management Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2015
Sometimes not professional. The work day was not very long, but the job itself was a hard sell. you would have to cold call to different businesses on the west coast to try and sign them up for Microsoft Licensing.
Biased company, low pay for the work, high employee turn around
IT Coordinator & Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHSeptember 14, 2013
This company doesn't care about their employees. Lot's of brown-nosing needed in order to advance in this company, which sickens me. The company I was stationed at was not much better.

I was fired for no reason, as they never even told me why. I learned later after filing for unemployment that it was due to "unsatisfactory job performance", which was stupid because, when I was being let go, my direct manager even told me that he thought I did my job very well and went above and beyond. Thankfully, Unemployment found that I was unjustly terminated and awarded me benefits.

Pay is substantially low for the work and knowledge required to do the job. Everyone worked in daily fear of being let go for something stupid. The higher-ups don't converse with you, unless you messed up. Wasn't given a written job description at time of hire; company is terrible with documenting anything. No incentive programs, no recognition for job performance and they could care less about their employees. In a 9 month period, they hired and fired 7 people, HORRIBLE turn-around rate.

The only plus I can think of is that they were very lenient if you needed time off for emergencies or vacation time. My fellow employees were very nice and have developed some friendships there.

Overall, good for a start, but don't expect to work there for very long. Mind your P's and Q's, cross your T's and dot your I's!!
Pros
lenient on time off for emergencies and vacation
Cons
everything else
caring company
security (Current Employee) –  Laguna HillsSeptember 21, 2015
It is very great work place. I have opportunity to talk, communicate and helping people. Great communication among employees and management.
Pros
safe and great place to work
Cons
part-time. Two days a week
Excellent company to work for. Lot of room for advancement.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILNovember 13, 2015
This is what a great company is all about!. Treated you like Gold!. You where not just "a number" . Your worked hard but you played hard as well.
Great starting sales career.
MedLar Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 5, 2015
This company is a fantastic place to start a sales career. You are able to work directly with clients as well as partners such as hardware or software manufacturers. There is a great feeling in providing a true solution for your client that not only fits their needs, but simplifies their work day.
If you are trainable and cooperative you will do well
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 17, 2015
They offer lots of training and support. As long as you do what is expected of you then things will go well. The perks were actually real and that was amazing as I received several perks. This job is great for an athlete because everyday is a new challenge because the world of IT changes daily. Co-workers are sharp and keen and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is there is minimal room for error and your Rolodex becomes so massive that organization is a must! The most enjoyable part is there was so much work to do that the day goes by fast and you really do get out of the job what you put into it.
Pros
Plenty of Work, Free Lunches, Monetary Perks
Cons
Minimal Errors Accepted, Daily Changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PCM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8