PCM Employee Reviews

I loved this job.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 24, 2017
Working as a CNA is so rewarding. Especially in home care, because you get to experience providing much needed care to one person specifically. The hardest part of the job was losing a client.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
Pcm services was a good company to work for
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJuly 3, 2017
They gave me great opportunities for advancement and learning. They had a small gym on sight, company car with gas card and home depot card with open tabs at Sherwin William, Mccormick, and ppg.
they deal computers replaces rebellable
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  lewis centreJune 20, 2017
very good place to work, the environment to is very nice , the people there are good , the very good pace .
the attitude to work are very good.
above all they are nice.
Fun and laid back
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2017
I had a stress free time while working for pcmand very professional environment at the same time. The management was very courteous and knowledgeable about the project i was working on
Products, not services
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 25, 2017
Focused on product volume, little appetite for long sales cycle required to sell professional services. Excellent portfolio of products and services. Could benefit from strong branding and marketing. Company acquisitions in 2015 further diluted the brand and the focus.
Many great people work there. .
Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 25, 2017
Great people made working there fun. The company is divided between 2 main support organizations (product and services). Product drives the sales #'s and services drives the margin.
Great company
Harness Assembler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VTMay 22, 2017
This was my favorite job! The work was fun and you could always do something different every day! The amount of thinking and problem solving was fun! I got cheated out of my job though!
Pros
Money
Cons
Managers
Not as promised
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMay 20, 2017
In my experience, along with collaboration of others, PCM over promised and undelivered. PCM lacks quality management, competent leadership, and has a poor commission attainment plan. The sales leads from the start were terrible and management was slow to respond. There is a small pocket of success, however, overall, the morale is low and caused frustration and a good number of people to leave or to simply put up with it because, it's a job.
Pros
Vendor sponsored lunches
Cons
Terrible leads, low morale, call center mentality.
Not a very woman friendly workplace
Field Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2017
The company does not like to see women in a position of success. It is threatened when a woman is in a position of authority. I have seen three separate occasions were the women were placed in a position to fail. It is a boys club and they make sure that every woman does not go beyond a certain level. They also like diversity, very few minorities and people of color have advanced in the company.
Pros
Great place to work remotely.
Cons
Horrible communications, lack of knowledge at the top or ignorance is bliss type of situation
N/a
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 12, 2017
High turn over ratios, poor management, poor pay rate especially for beginners, poor system set up, overall there's a lot of problems and set up issues
Pros
Free tech gadgets lunch and learns breakfast and treats
This is a zero-star job/company!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 9, 2017
Worst. Job. Ever.

HORRIBLE place to work!
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME INTERVIEWING!
Google the article, "PCM: Smoke and Mirrors, or Smoke and Fire"...

You can try your best to succeed, but will ultimately be set up to fail.
...and they will tell you it's your fault (it won't be).

PCM leadership, especially corporate, fills their employees with false hope of success and "better buying power", when in fact PCM has ruined most hardware & software partnerships established by TigerDirect due to lack of payments(!), lack of honesty, and lousy communication skills. There are countless reasons that PCM earns 1/16th of what CDW earns annually... yet those at the top-level of PCM earn millions, while their sales force struggles to survive. Coincidentally, research will show that top-level employees are all relatives and/or friends... sketchy? I thought so.

They have no problem lying to your face.
Various misdeeds & lack of payments(!) have severely damaged most partnerships with major IT manufacturers (HPi, HPe, Lenovo, Dell, Samsung... each have all but cut PCM off). The result? horrible costs/buying power for the PCM Sales Team.

Do your research - the company has been under investigation for years due to sketchy business practices and false/inflated reports to their investors.

Currently, the CEO is in the process of dumping/selling all of his company stock following Q1 - including stock formerly placed in a family trust!!!

This is a failing company that is slowly but surely shutting down all of their call centers - look at Austin, TX.

This job will likely
  more... be a temporary job; they will bring you in, and if you have a book of business, they will take ownership of that once you're hired - it will no longer be your intellectual property. This means you will not be able to retain these clients once the office closes and/or you are "laid off". They will not grant Unemployment Benefits. If you do attempt to retain your clients elsewhere, PCM will file a 'cease and desist' and will take you to court for breach of contract. You'll likely lose your new job, unless they choose to cover your court fees (unlikely).
Yes, they are THAT petty...

This is NOT the job for you if:

-you have a family, or even pets
(you won't be able to provide for/support anyone else and you will barely be able to make ends meet)

-you have more than $1000 worth of bills monthly
(including food, gas)

- you have any debt

- you want to earn more than $24,000/annually
(they'll say you can earn $65,000 or more, but I never saw anyone do that).
Pros
(I would say "none", but I'll be an optimist), You receive $12/hour for salary, vendors occasionally provide lunch or cheap promo items, internal systems fail on a regular basis (watch YouTube for the rest of the day), Also everyone hates this job, misery loves company, you'll have more drinking buddies
Cons
Pay is nominal & Benefits are LOUSY & NO Advancement, Healthcare is NOT provided, the most basic health plan costs >1/3 of your paycheck, The 401k is available but they don't match contributions, Training is useless and Support is terrible, Internal Systems which regularly fail so your performance suffers, Local Management seems to be incompetent, Coaches ignore & under-serve most of the Sales Team, HR is literally nonexistent, Working here makes you less desirable to other employers!
Good job for someone with no family or children
Welder Helper/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYMay 6, 2017
Hard work and long hours,with a fast pace and lots of travel can't find a better group of people to work with.I want to get back into water and sewer, that's what I grew up with and what I'm skilled at
Pros
Good money sometimes
Cons
No life whatsoever. Don't see family at all
For newer reps it's more of a call center
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 26, 2017
Cold calling day in and day out. Have to meet metrics set by management. Constant pressure to makes sales, a lot of negative motivation to try and keep employees motivated.
Pros
Vendors visit office and give free gifts
Cons
constant micro management
Professional yet comfortable working environment
Microsoft Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 18, 2017
I've spent 16 years of my life working at PCM. I've seen it change from a company that only sold Macintosh and Amiga Computers to a leading cloud solution provider.

The idea of family is what I enjoyed the most about PCM. I was an employee...but I stayed with them for so long because I felt that I was a part of something.
Sales environment that pays
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 12, 2017
A very positive workplace that is sales driven and highly motivated to secure new B2B clients across the country. Excellent training with a very laid back atmosphere.
Diverse and challenging
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2017
Excellent place to work for those who like working for themselves in a very fast paced and diverse environment. Able to make a difference when impactful enough.
Good Place to cut your teeth in sales
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
The job itself is a great learning experience, or at least it was when I first got here. Many system issues that slow down your overall sales process and make you more of an operations person on top of trying to actually make money. The base compensation is very low and not livable, you can earn good money but you will almost indefinitely have to live with your parents or have dual income until year 2. The culture was great before but due to some serious turnover many of the leaders with vision and execution are no longer at pcm.
Pros
vendor sponsored happy hours, free lunches
Cons
upper management turnover more than sales people, no clear direction, no accountability
Enjoyed my time but the company seems to be unorganized
Tier 2 Microsoft sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed the year and a half I had with PCM but in that time there were so many changes. My entire time there was spent with new initiatives and plans to get our team up and running but essentially I feel like it stunted our growth. I went through 3 Directors and 3 different managers in less than 2 years. Company seemed more focused on acquisitions of new companies than really creating a clear and concise message for its existing business.
a good day
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 2, 2017
I am a people person Loved my work.You learn alot when working togather.I am a team leader. I care for others and I do my best to do the best job possible.
Cons
leadership
About PCM
Level 2 Analyst and Client Lead (Current Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHDecember 29, 2016
A typical day at work is answering calls and responding to emails. During the week it is roughly 6-8 clients that I handle until after 4 PM and than its 43. On the weeked it is also 43 clients that I handle. There really is no work/life balance because they refuse to give a tenured employee in the help desk of 2 years a schedule change, when they give others a schedule change even if they have been at the company for less than 2 months. Have not been given a raise or promotion since I started here 2 years ago. The hardest part of my job is knowing that I have no chance for growth or upward mobility. The most enjoyable part of my job is the three days off a week I get.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Insurance is awful, no raises, only 2 weeks of vacation and 1 week of sick time. No family leave time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PCM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9