PCM Employee Reviews

For newer reps it's more of a call center
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 26, 2017
Cold calling day in and day out. Have to meet metrics set by management. Constant pressure to makes sales, a lot of negative motivation to try and keep employees motivated.
Pros
Vendors visit office and give free gifts
Cons
constant micro management
Professional yet comfortable working environment
Microsoft Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 18, 2017
I've spent 16 years of my life working at PCM. I've seen it change from a company that only sold Macintosh and Amiga Computers to a leading cloud solution provider.

The idea of family is what I enjoyed the most about PCM. I was an employee...but I stayed with them for so long because I felt that I was a part of something.
Sales environment that pays
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 12, 2017
A very positive workplace that is sales driven and highly motivated to secure new B2B clients across the country. Excellent training with a very laid back atmosphere.
Diverse and challenging
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2017
Excellent place to work for those who like working for themselves in a very fast paced and diverse environment. Able to make a difference when impactful enough.
Good Place to cut your teeth in sales
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
The job itself is a great learning experience, or at least it was when I first got here. Many system issues that slow down your overall sales process and make you more of an operations person on top of trying to actually make money. The base compensation is very low and not livable, you can earn good money but you will almost indefinitely have to live with your parents or have dual income until year 2. The culture was great before but due to some serious turnover many of the leaders with vision and execution are no longer at pcm.
Pros
vendor sponsored happy hours, free lunches
Cons
upper management turnover more than sales people, no clear direction, no accountability
Enjoyed my time but the company seems to be unorganized
Tier 2 Microsoft sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed the year and a half I had with PCM but in that time there were so many changes. My entire time there was spent with new initiatives and plans to get our team up and running but essentially I feel like it stunted our growth. I went through 3 Directors and 3 different managers in less than 2 years. Company seemed more focused on acquisitions of new companies than really creating a clear and concise message for its existing business.
a good day
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 2, 2017
I am a people person Loved my work.You learn alot when working togather.I am a team leader. I care for others and I do my best to do the best job possible.
Cons
leadership
About PCM
Level 2 Analyst and Client Lead (Current Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHDecember 29, 2016
A typical day at work is answering calls and responding to emails. During the week it is roughly 6-8 clients that I handle until after 4 PM and than its 43. On the weeked it is also 43 clients that I handle. There really is no work/life balance because they refuse to give a tenured employee in the help desk of 2 years a schedule change, when they give others a schedule change even if they have been at the company for less than 2 months. Have not been given a raise or promotion since I started here 2 years ago. The hardest part of my job is knowing that I have no chance for growth or upward mobility. The most enjoyable part of my job is the three days off a week I get.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Insurance is awful, no raises, only 2 weeks of vacation and 1 week of sick time. No family leave time
great work experience/great safety practices
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, MDDecember 27, 2016
lots of elevated work and high risks, but over all a great company to work if your wanting to gain experience in the industrial field. the only down fall of this company is it is mostly seasonal jobs.
Pros
safe work practices
Cons
seasonal work
Diverse and fun ,
VP/ Engineering and sales (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, MSDecember 23, 2016
A start up operation with a lot to learn from. Developed long term associations with customers and team members. Scope of work was very interesting.
Pros
Next to home
Cons
Katrina wiped us out

Want to know more about PCM?

Ask a question
I'm Sorry
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2016
I'm sorry but this is a very poor place to work. Salary is awful. Benefits are awful. Worked to death and expected to put in more.
Pros
Fun people to work with. Frat environment. Lots of drinking.
Cons
Dude clock in one minute early or late from lunch and get chided.
Call Center culture with high turnover and you are basically warming up accounts for senior sales people after you leave
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 12, 2016
It's a call center where you are given cold, and maybe semi warm leads. You are lead to believe that the 50 accounts you are given will produce an income for you. What you are not told is that most of your money will be made on Spiffs from the manufacturing partners (who only spiff on certain products). Otherwise you make around 8% on gross profit. So... if you sell $1million in hardware but could only make 2% GP then you walk away with less than $2k in your pocket. Now take into account how many other companies are in the field, how long it takes to build relationships in order to get a seat at the table for big deals, and then how many of those order may have Spiffs.

Long story short, job sounds great on paper but if you are looking for a serious sales job in IT this is not the place.

Everyone is young and thats great, but if you are college educated and are looking for a way to take your career to the next level this place is a wasteland.
Pros
Health Benefits, fairly easy work hours, foot into the door for tech
Cons
Churn and Burn, commission structure is brutal, short sales cycle for large deals, you don't make the money you are lead to believe
Fun work environment with fun people
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHDecember 5, 2016
I enjoyed working here because I got to utilize my Apple Certification and work on iPads and just be alone in my work environment all day. The people I worked with were fun people to be around as well.
good
Senior Network Consultant (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 6, 2016
no problems here. Just a good paying job for an honest days' work. Not much in terms of retirement benefits, but the salary is good.

As long as the pre-sales folks don't manage the delivery it should be ok.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
customers that will nitpick and you have to suck it up
n/a
Fabricator/Welder (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 6, 2016
there was no typical day, every day was deferent. but that's what made it fun. you did not have to worry about doing the same thing over in over again.
bad place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 26, 2016
bad job security for either loyal or new employees, a lot of office politics, bad management. I would not recommend anyone to work there.
Innovative and Rapidly Expanding Tech Sales Company
Sr. Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 10, 2016
Exciting and challenging company that has experienced tremendous growth over the past year. Hardworking employees who work well as a team to support one another to manage heavy workloads.
Great Experience for a sales job if you can keep up
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2016
Working through PCM was a great experience for a first sales job. There was never a slow day and the days run by so quickly since there was always something productive to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all sorts of different clients from small/medium to enterprise businesses. My branch was acquired into PCM so my branch management was by far my favorite. The hardest part of the job was so much constant change. Quotas went up higher than usual towards the end of me working there and it was a hard transition for my company to keep up with our constant business with so much change from a customer standpoint as well.
Constant Change
Data Center Architect / Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 24, 2016
Really is a pretty good place to work, but there is constant change in managements attempt to improve both business and processes. With that said they have your back as an employee and has good work life balance. The company also has had slow but constant improvement.
Pros
Work from home, and employee enablement
Cons
Constant change
Growing company with great culture
Sr. Corporate Recruiter (Headquarters) (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CA 90245February 9, 2016
Great experience with a great team and a great mentor. Enjoyed recruited on various level of positions across the board from technology to marketing and sales.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PCM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9