PCMi Employee Reviews in United States

PCMI provides many people with good jobs. I enjoy it. However, I am just inquring into what jobs might be out there.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Barry, Eaton Counties in Mid-MichiganAugust 16, 2016
I spend a typical day as a substitute teacher spending time with teenagers. There are often assignments due for the next day. I interpret the absent teacher's notes and proceed from there. No two days are ever alike.
I have learned immense amounts of knowledge from this job. I have been amazed at the friendliness I have experienced getting to know the kids. I have reviewed and learned years worth of mathematical knowledge I did not have before. It has been an incredible experience for me. School has changed over the last 30 years, and it has been a joy to experience the differences firsthand.
Pros
It is interesting and exciting to meet new kids. It is a job one can do on days I choose to work.
Cons
There are no summer jobs. I never get to really know anyone. The pay is not good.
Communicates job openings well
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJune 16, 2016
Being a sub is very tough, I appreciated the website and text notifications when a new job became available. However, the pay was low and unsteady due to the nature of the position.
Pros
Text alerts
Cons
Long commutes
I really like it
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJune 5, 2016
I really like being a substitute teacher. It's a pleasant experience if you like kids. There's something new everyday.
Pros
Fun and interesting.
Cons
Pay has not increased for subs in years. Not steady work.
Nice flexible work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa Lake, MIMay 24, 2016
Very good job when you establish substitute teaching in a good district. Easy to get signed up to work with. Paycheck was always accurate.
Pros
Flexible and easy to fit in schedule
Cons
Not consistent
great and flexible place to work
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 6, 2016
flexible schedule. internet access as well as other modes of communication in order to get assignments. recently took over the sub system for LRSD in little rock Arkansas. the system allows for one who needs daily work and flexible with ine's schedule.
Good company to work for.
Contracting Educational Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 18, 2016
I can work whenever, I'm available to work you can sub anywhere in the district as long as you want. Manager are very polite to their employee.
Pros
Alerts to your phones
Cons
Need to raise the pay
Working With Kids, Good Place
Teacher's Assistant, AMELC (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIDecember 8, 2015
I loved working with the kids. As a contractor, it was hit or miss. I had assignments and I got paid decent at the time I worked here. I would like better healthcare but I love the job more than I paid attention to the company.
Pros
Kids, Decent Pay
Cons
Constant Change in Assigments
How I spend a typical day substituting.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mena, ARNovember 19, 2015
Any typical day I wait for a call to sub at my local school. There are rare days when I have already been scheduled to work. I get to work and find out which class I will be covering for the day. I go to the classroom and see what the teacher has left for me to instruct the children with that day. As the classes some in I get them ready to learn and start instructing them in their work for the day. Then at the end of the day I always leave the teacher a note as to who was present and who was absent. Then I give them a little note as to how each of their classes went. That way they will be better prepared when they get back.
Pros
Love working at school with kids.
Cons
Its not full time.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 14, 2015
Follow lesson plans, give written and oral instruction(s), work hands on with the students. Very rewarding! The kids make the job all the worthwhile. As an Educator myself, I'm able to do something I love and this educate and work with kids.
substitute teacher
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MISeptember 23, 2015
there are no benefits for substitute teachers which is fine. I like working with the students and the pay isn't too bad. The teachers are good to work for and leave good instructions for you especially if they know there are certain kids that could cause you some problems. overall I enjoy working for PCMI.
substitue teacher
PCMI Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 30, 2015
Typical day at work could vary depending what school, age, and lesson that day. The Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make a different in a child life.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
healthcare
Most enjoyable part of my job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Portland, MIJune 26, 2015
I really enjoy working with students, as bad as your day may be seeing their smiles and the joy they get from learning is catching. As much as I can and do teach them, I learn even more from them on a daily basis.
Pros
Related work experince
Cons
No health care or benefits
PCMI reviews
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Portland, MIJune 11, 2015
This is a great job for people who enjoy working with youth. This job is great for college students and aspiring teachers who wish to challenge students and lead them to success.
Substitute teaching for the Mt. Pleasant area
Teacher, Short Term (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 14, 2015
After a reasonable screening process I was allowed access to a website that posted available part-time teaching jobs around the Mt. Pleasant area. They were first come first serve and covered a wide variety of subjects. I would confirm which sessions I intended to teach and then report to the appropriate school on the appropriate day. Usually materials and instructions were provided that detailed my responsibilities for that session, usually one full day. Subjects ranged from Math, English and Science to Art, Spanish and Drama. Overall the students were great and the teachers were helpful but occasionally I found it odd that there was no oversight or review of my job performance.
Pros
Made my own schedule
Cons
No management system
Compliance specialist
Compliance Specialist/bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Portland, MIApril 3, 2015
• Process applications for substitute teachers and other school personnel according to compliance guidelines, coordinate placement of personnel in school districts throughout Michigan, manage personnel database and information entry, conduct sign-up seminars in school districts.
• Assist with development and organization of compliance department training procedures, knowledge of state compliance regulations, familiar with workman’s comp requirements.
• Process payroll information through ADP services, developed separate tracking process for coaches’ payroll program. Involved in accounts receivables and the ACH deposit process
• Responsible for development of record keeping system for over 200 schools involving quarterly and yearly tax reports.
Pros
Busy, lots of projects, satisfaction when completed
Cons
Work environment needed updating
Great learning experience.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  South Lyon, MIMarch 22, 2015
South Lyon Community schools is a great district to substitute teach in. While subbing in South Lyon each day was different depending on the school and grade level. I have gained a great amount of experience working with students, parents and administrators.

Throughout subbing, I have learned significant amount of skills that I will be able to use. As a substitute teacher I have became very flexible when dealing with all situations. This has enabled me to get things I need to complete done while focusing on making each day in the classroom a successful learning environment. I have also gained classroom management skills to ensure that students are comfortable and are engaged in learning.

The hardest part of substitute teaching has been having a inconsistent schedule each week. It has not been easy balancing my busy lifestyle and accepting jobs at early or late times of the day.
Pros
great experience, decent pay.
Cons
inconsistent.
Contract teacher
Contract Teacher - Math, Science, IT, Languages (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMarch 10, 2015
Independent work, find school in Oakland County.
Learned to be flexible and available anywhere, anytime.
Management was of my own accord; though, I reported to Secretary in charge, at each school.
Co-workers was not predominate. There were regular teachers, but we were not social.
The hardest part of the job was some elementary schools had armed guards.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being creative in arts, music and gymnastics.
Pros
teachers laid out writtern plans to follow.
Cons
no conversations about emergency procedures; i.e. a fire et al.
Flexible
Substitute Teacher K-8 (Current Employee) –  Portland, MIFebruary 16, 2015
A great company to work for as a substitute teacher. They work with many districts within the same geographical area. They continue to improve their communication skills and internet site.
Pros
flexible work schedule
The students make your day!
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 27, 2015
Teaching is often under appreciated. Often substitutes are tested and forced to bring their A game. The students will tear you apart if you're weak but praise and appreciate you if you're not. I love working with students so the good outweighs the bad.
Pros
variety due to working at different schools.
Cons
staff can often make you feel invisible or disposable.
Pcmi
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIOctober 26, 2014
PCMI was a great company to work for. I was contracted out to a school and other than payroll questions, I had no reason to even contact PCMI.

4.2