PCMi Employee Reviews

This is pointless as this company was bought out
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MI 49202June 18, 2017
This is pointless as this company was bought out.
This company WAS a good company and provided me with several on-call jobs as a substitute teacher. This is pointless as this company was bought out.
Pros
This is pointless as this company was bought out.
Cons
This is pointless as this company was bought out.
teachers aide
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Standish, MIJune 14, 2017
I was an on call job. Didn't get many hours. I was a good company to work for. But was not fair with me about my hours. It was a job were I would be called to help in clads6 rooms with students it was the area schools I would be called in to assist the teachers the community schools in the surrounding area would call me as needed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough hours
Great for staffing
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIJune 5, 2017
It was a great staffing company. I preferred a certain area and was always granted that particular school. The calling and online system worked wonderfully and was always accurate.
Great way to see if you like teaching
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIMay 23, 2017
PCMI really has nothing to do with employees after you are hired. You are pretty much on your own to figure things out. It is an easy way to earn some money as far as picking which days you want to work and what buildings you want to teach at. Substitute teaching is not easy and for the pay you really need to enjoy working with kids and not let the stress get to you.
Hard work
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 10, 2017
Being a substitute teacher is a lot of work. The pay is not great. However there are always jobs available and you can decide where and what days you work.
A great company to be associated with
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Portland, MIMarch 18, 2017
The people who work there are really good people. If you ever have a question/concern they will do their best to help resolve your issue. I could not imagine being a sub without the great staff at PCMI.
Productive and great work experience
Spanish Teacher aide (Former Employee) –  Carsonville, MIJanuary 1, 2017
I have enjoyed my experience with PCMI. They were great with reaching me when I was needed and setting me up with a job at a local school.
Great company to work for as an employee.
Substitute Teacher / Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 17, 2016
I enjoy working for PCMI/Will Sub. The company allows me to choose my work schedule each week to fit my personal needs and my own schedule. I am able to set up my work schedule two /three weeks in advance. I am able to use my passions for teaching through this company.
Pros
Able to set my own schedule
Cons
great company to work for
Para Professional (Current Employee) –  Burton, MISeptember 24, 2016
this company has been a true blessing to work for, they have flexible work schedules and a great atmosphere. the hardest part of the job is the "no benefits" part.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
no benefits
good
Paraprofessional Aide (Current Employee) –  Waldron, MISeptember 5, 2016
PCMI is a great company.
Never had a issue with them with the hours I worked and if there was a problem they corrected it immediately. Everyone I spoke with was polite and pleasant. If I had to leave a message, my call was returned within an hour. I did not choose to work for them. The school system I worked for paid me thru PCMI
Great company to work for!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Shepherd, MIchiganAugust 31, 2016
I really enjoy having the opportunity to keep my work schedule online. It's great having the flexibility to keep my family commitments as well as work whenever I can. They have great hints and tips they email to us every now and again!
Pros
Able to work when i am available.
Cons
Every school has a different wage.
PCMI provides many people with good jobs. I enjoy it. However, I am just inquring into what jobs might be out there.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Barry, Eaton Counties in Mid-MichiganAugust 16, 2016
I spend a typical day as a substitute teacher spending time with teenagers. There are often assignments due for the next day. I interpret the absent teacher's notes and proceed from there. No two days are ever alike.
I have learned immense amounts of knowledge from this job. I have been amazed at the friendliness I have experienced getting to know the kids. I have reviewed and learned years worth of mathematical knowledge I did not have before. It has been an incredible experience for me. School has changed over the last 30 years, and it has been a joy to experience the differences firsthand.
Pros
It is interesting and exciting to meet new kids. It is a job one can do on days I choose to work.
Cons
There are no summer jobs. I never get to really know anyone. The pay is not good.
Flexible Work Ability
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 13, 2016
Substitute teaching offers great flexibility for those who may not be able to work 9-5.
Day starts about 10 minutes earlier than the kids, but I always go 30 mins early to orientate myself with the class and the work for the day.
The hardest part is not knowing the kids... or their names. Although you will learn the troublemakers FAST!
I wish there was an orientation at the school districts to go over their policies and such.
It is rewarding to work with kids in the community.
Pros
I can schedule any day off
Cons
Do not teach the same kids day in and day out
Communicates job openings well
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJune 16, 2016
Being a sub is very tough, I appreciated the website and text notifications when a new job became available. However, the pay was low and unsteady due to the nature of the position.
Pros
Text alerts
Cons
Long commutes
I really like it
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJune 5, 2016
I really like being a substitute teacher. It's a pleasant experience if you like kids. There's something new everyday.
Pros
Fun and interesting.
Cons
Pay has not increased for subs in years. Not steady work.
Nice flexible work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa Lake, MIMay 24, 2016
Very good job when you establish substitute teaching in a good district. Easy to get signed up to work with. Paycheck was always accurate.
Pros
Flexible and easy to fit in schedule
Cons
Not consistent
great and flexible place to work
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 6, 2016
flexible schedule. internet access as well as other modes of communication in order to get assignments. recently took over the sub system for LRSD in little rock Arkansas. the system allows for one who needs daily work and flexible with ine's schedule.
Good company to work for.
Contracting Educational Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 18, 2016
I can work whenever, I'm available to work you can sub anywhere in the district as long as you want. Manager are very polite to their employee.
Pros
Alerts to your phones
Cons
Need to raise the pay
Working With Kids, Good Place
Teacher's Assistant, AMELC (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIDecember 8, 2015
I loved working with the kids. As a contractor, it was hit or miss. I had assignments and I got paid decent at the time I worked here. I would like better healthcare but I love the job more than I paid attention to the company.
Pros
Kids, Decent Pay
Cons
Constant Change in Assigments
How I spend a typical day substituting.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mena, ARNovember 19, 2015
Any typical day I wait for a call to sub at my local school. There are rare days when I have already been scheduled to work. I get to work and find out which class I will be covering for the day. I go to the classroom and see what the teacher has left for me to instruct the children with that day. As the classes some in I get them ready to learn and start instructing them in their work for the day. Then at the end of the day I always leave the teacher a note as to who was present and who was absent. Then I give them a little note as to how each of their classes went. That way they will be better prepared when they get back.
Pros
Love working at school with kids.
Cons
Its not full time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PCMi. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2