PCTEL Employee Reviews

I learned a lot
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILNovember 28, 2017
We had to set up assembly line with the correct inventory to put together product.
Assist with cycle counts on a weekly basis
maintain integrity of warehouse
Pros
Varity of projects to work on
Cons
Too physical
Great Place to Work
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MASeptember 19, 2017
The hardest part would have to be that I had to work at all hours due to my clients being all over the US and world, but that also made things more interesting.

I appreciated being trusted to serve my company's interests and was given all the tools and support I needed to do so.

My colleagues were friendly and supportive.

Management conveyed the company goals and trusted employees to work together and achieve them.
great place to work in the engineering field
RF Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2017
best place to work for in the rf engineer field. great pay but need more long term projects. very understandable and has room for growth with company.
Pros
great pay, very friendly
Cons
need more long term assignements
PCTEL I was contracting to Verizon Wireless
PROJECT MANAGER II IL/WI IN-BUILDING DAS (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 26, 2017
Fast paced deploying In-Building Distributed Antenna System Networks, I learned several different systems and improved my Micro Soft Excel skills. The work culture is get the job done on time and without mistakes while meeting financial forecast. The most difficult part of the job was it was fast paced and priorities shifted at times, what was most enjoyable is they were great people to work with.
Pros
Verizon Wireless is a great company, They know business and treat employee's well. I am proud to say I worked for Verizon Wireless.
Cons
Sometimes political
Good Enviroment for Work
RF Technician (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDJanuary 16, 2017
This is a well run establishment and with good benefits.
This is recommend for new applicants for good steady work.
They do have social gatherings every so often.
I do not care to say anymore thank you.
Pros
Steady Work
Lots of potential lost due to poor job culture and management
VP, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDAugust 1, 2016
The ideals and vision of hard working under a team organization for the sake of the entire team is not present in PCTEL. Learned a lot, and a lot of what NOT to do in another business. Talent, vision, being proactive, etc seems not being welcomed at PCTEL. Political culture dominates and revolves around pleasing the CEO at all cost (literally). Co-workers - most of them - have talent and the required experience and skills to their positions. However, the lack of leadership, cronyism,nepotism, live on a quarter-to-quarter basis and daily scolding undermine innovation, being proactive and more. The hardest part of the job was watching how a group of people (a.k.a the company) can't develop and grow to their full potential due to the CEO's and his C-Level executive narrow mind "vision". The most enjoyable part of the job was when at moments, you can do your job! Looking how the invested time and effort was paying off, what better way to please any organization and management when you bring revenue because you were allowed to do just that, your job!
Pros
small company, no debt, can focus, customize and adapt quickly to market and customer conditions and needs respectively
Cons
run like a family business; no focus; one-person-driven organization, poor management; poor business acumen, no vision; do not leverage the opportunity
Relaxed environment workplace with dart board
Database Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 19, 2016
Most projects were quite repetitive but schedule was very flexible. I've gained a lot of knowledge in wireless communication and how to manage database.
Pros
Flexibility, mostly friendly colleague at my level
Cons
Poor health insurance, management, and growth
good
Database Developer Architect (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2016
good work /life balance
Colleagues were good
Management were ok
enjoyable part of day was break time to connect with co workers
average
employee (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 15, 2016
just average, nothing special about this company other than it has some great employees with great ideas who display exemplary talents in their fields.
Great Place to Work
RF Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILOctober 5, 2015
Team work and team building is a core requirement. I love my team and the support we give each other. Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow in your field of work/interest.
Good work environment
RF Engineer/Optimization Engineer (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 7, 2015
Good work environment at PCTEL. Acquired Nexgen Wireless and management is working to keep the Nexgen service augmentation arm running.