PDI, Inc.

PDI, Inc. Employer Reviews

Contract pharmaceutical sales position within Wisconsin and Northern Illinois territories.
Territory Manager/Neuro Health Specialist (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJDecember 23, 2013
In contract sales this requires flexibility and adaptability to chang.
Great introduction to Pharmaceutical industry
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 4, 2013
I really enjoyed my experience being a contract representative. It was a great introduction to the pharmaceutical industry.
Flex time pharmaceutical sales job
Account Sales Representative (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: flex time
Cons: no health benefits
I enjoyed working flex time pharmaceutical's because I had a new baby at the time and it allowed me to enjoy work and still be able to spend quality time with my new born daughter. I learned the pharmaceutical industry and how to keep track of inventory. My day was spent speaking to doctors and pharmacist, staying organized, learning about new drugs – more... on the market and submitting any drug reactions they had concerns about. I enjoyed working out of my home office and my manager was always a phone call away if I needed anything or had a question. – less
Good Company to have worked for
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 6, 2013
Pros: autonomy
Cons: reports
It was a good compnay to work for. I would recommend it and even do it again myself.
Contract company , product training more frequent, as needed according to cantracts. good management, appropiate back up from company
Sales Territory Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 9, 2013
Pros: worked flex time
Cons: would like full time, although will take a part time now too. small bonuses
Like any other pharmaceutical company a typical day is planned according to doctor's schedules in order to get time and attention to promote product via presentations, studies, etc. done at office, according to physician's preference, times, days, appointments. lunches, etc.
It's a continued learning experience and learning to change and adapt as needed.
The – more... most enjoyable part is to get a signature in a prescription of the product you are promoting. – less
Great people
Director of Compliance (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJune 25, 2013
Revenues and client base can be unpredictable. Hours are not always flexible and can be long.
A great way to stay in the Pharma industry
Medical Sales Professional-New Jersey (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJMay 27, 2013
A great place to work, exposure to selling in various disease states.
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saddle Brook, NJApril 1, 2013
Enjoyed the variety of sales calls and the dedicated team management approach to pharmaceutical sales.
I loved this job.
Field Customer Service Rep/Call Card Coordinator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: managers were great, free lunches, celebrated every ones birthdays every month
Cons: really wasn't any cons. we all were sad when they closed. i really miss that job.
Usually pretty busy. Data entered a lot. Managers were great. Always listened to what employees had to say, good or bad. Managers also let the employees have fun at what they did. Co- workers were great. Most enjoyable part was I got to talk to a lot of people on the 800 line through out the US.
Flex time is great
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 26, 2012
Pros: flextime, professional
Cons: minimal benefits no pto or holiday pay
I worked on the flex-time side. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work but not full time. I worked 3 full or 4 half days a week.
Calling on selected physicians
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: lunch with physicians
Start early calling on offices that are preselected

Inventory drug samples and sample physicians

opportunity to speak with physicians and office staff about drugs and patient benefits

Requires constant training
For seasonal, contract sales, it was perfect.
Territory Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 31, 2012
Pros: very flexible
Cons: field support lacking
They paid what they said. Can't blame them for a no flu season.
Basic Pharmaceutical rep
Pharmaceutical Sales Represenitive (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 23, 2012
With this company I worked 16 different medications during my time with PDI. Over the time I covered cardiovascular, primary care, and internal med doctors.
PDI is a contract company
Pharmaceutical Representative (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJuly 7, 2012
One of the contract services provided by PDI is pharmaceutical sales representatives. The training is minimal and the longevity is unsecure. It is a good company for people needing to set their own schedule and pace.
Great place to start
SpecialtyPharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York CityJune 4, 2012
Pros: good place to get your feet wet
Cons: contractual
PDI is great place to learn about the pharmaceutical business. I was able to develop and nurture my sales skills at PDI
Not recommended
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 4, 2012
Cons: contract sales
PDI is a contract sales pharmaceutical company. There is little job security and salaries are below average for the pharmaceutical industry. Their It department does not often mesh well with the companies they are contracted with and sales results are fuzzy at best. If you are a results oriented sales person this is not the company for you.
Contract sales organization.
District Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 23, 2012
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: job security
CSO with multiple contracts in the pharmaceutical industry.
Offer a much-needed service but do not always employ the best sales reps or managers.
PHARMACEUTICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Norfolk,Newport News,VaMarch 27, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
This is a very good company in terms of Work/Life Balance.
Management is focused.
Great opportunity for flex time positions,but contracts are not secured very often. It seems that they get beat out for bigger contracts.
Seasonal Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 21, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not competitive with benefits and compensation
My experience with PDI has been overall a good one. THe flexible hours are exactly what I have needed as a mom of two young children. The compensation is not as competitive as some of the other contract companies, but the management has been great both years I have worked on the contract. It also seems that they are having trouble winning bigger contracts – more... with bigger pharma companies. This is not good for job security. – less

About PDI, Inc.

PDI, Inc. is a leading health care commercialization company providing superior insight-driven, integrated multi-channel message – Read more

PDI, Inc. Photos