PDI, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

a perfect fit for my lifestyle
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntington WVNovember 14, 2015
great opportunity---a flex time position--had aprox 130 calls per month to complete---occasionally had HMN calls for company as well
Great Place to Work For
A/P & Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 10, 2015
Great Environment. They treat their employees with respect. Also allow telecommuting and alternate hours for employees who commute a specific distance.
Promote and sell a neurological pharmaceutical portfolio to healthcare providers
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 21, 2015
This position was a contract pharmaceutical sales position for an Eli Lilly, Co. I launched the drug Cymbalta and managed my territory with great success.
Pros
benefits to include a company vehicle
Cons
Not a true hard sales career and more of an entertainment/catering business.
Excellent Company
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 2, 2015
I enjoy working at PDI each time that I am called back to help out with a project. I just wish that they had it in their budget to bring me on perm.
Enjoyable part of job
Contract Pharmaceutical Representative (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 28, 2015
Selling and closing sales on all types of doctors. Trained on multiple disease states with many different manufacturers thus being well rounded in pharmaceutical world.
Pros
Selling atmosphere and bonus money.
Cons
Never ending computer work
Contract company acting as agency for hiring/staffing pharmaceutical companies.
Movement Disorders Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 13, 2015
PDI is extremely disorganized and lacking in internal customer communication. Getting an answer to simple questions takes an act of congress. Training is not in synch with the company they are contracting with causing a lot of extra online training models.
Pros
Stepping stone to hopefully permanent position in pharma
Cons
Lack of communication (calls, emails) not responded to
Enjoyable temporary employment
Back-End Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, New JerseyJanuary 29, 2015
I worked at PDI as part of an unpaid summer internship for college credit. I mostly worked on upgrading a website of theirs: www.themedicalbag.com

I had to learn quite a bit on the spot and work under tight deadlines, but the work was enjoyable and very fulfilling. I worked well with the other interns, and our supervisors (and other full-time employees) were all very helpful.
Great work and experience
PHARMACEUTICAL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  territory thousand oaks to Santa BarbaraJanuary 14, 2015
I worked for PDI as a Novartis Representative and a Digene Representative. The company worked on a contract basis and despite the fact that an individual may be hired on for a 4 year contract, the contract could end without warning at any time. I enjoyed my time at Novartis, for I had Pharmaceutical experience prior to my time with Novartis at Wyeth. I had a wonderful manager who was positive, encouraging, kind, and helped all of us in the district thrive.
Pros
great manager
Cons
contract - instability
Great support for a contract sales rep from PDI, especially from my current manager.
Cardio metabolic Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 31, 2014
Currently calling on endocrinologists, nephrologists, some cardiologists, gynecologist and any primary care clinicians who are currently treating obesity. I cover the state and have met so many great clinicians and supporting staff and it has been hard, but fun building the obesity market from the ground up. My teammates are all hard working and bright which shows in their work! I enjoy my current role despite the great demands it places on myself.
A company which supports Pharmaceutical Companies by supplying trained sales representatives.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper Saddle River, NJJune 24, 2014
While working for PDI I worked as a sales representative for several companies including Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline.
Contract pharmaceutical sales position within Wisconsin and Northern Illinois territories.
Territory Manager/Neuro Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 23, 2013
In contract sales this requires flexibility and adaptability to chang.
Great introduction to Pharmaceutical industry
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2013
I really enjoyed my experience being a contract representative. It was a great introduction to the pharmaceutical industry.
Flex time pharmaceutical sales job
Account Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 15, 2013
I enjoyed working flex time pharmaceutical's because I had a new baby at the time and it allowed me to enjoy work and still be able to spend quality time with my new born daughter. I learned the pharmaceutical industry and how to keep track of inventory. My day was spent speaking to doctors and pharmacist, staying organized, learning about new drugs on the market and submitting any drug reactions they had concerns about. I enjoyed working out of my home office and my manager was always a phone call away if I needed anything or had a question.
Pros
flex time
Cons
no health benefits
Good Company to have worked for
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 6, 2013
It was a good compnay to work for. I would recommend it and even do it again myself.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
reports
Contract company , product training more frequent, as needed according to cantracts. good management, appropiate back up from company
Sales Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 9, 2013
Like any other pharmaceutical company a typical day is planned according to doctor's schedules in order to get time and attention to promote product via presentations, studies, etc. done at office, according to physician's preference, times, days, appointments. lunches, etc.
It's a continued learning experience and learning to change and adapt as needed.
The most enjoyable part is to get a signature in a prescription of the product you are promoting.
Pros
worked flex time
Cons
would like full time, although will take a part time now too. small bonuses
Great people
Director of Compliance (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 25, 2013
Revenues and client base can be unpredictable. Hours are not always flexible and can be long.
A great way to stay in the Pharma industry
Medical Sales Professional-New Jersey (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 27, 2013
A great place to work, exposure to selling in various disease states.
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJApril 1, 2013
Enjoyed the variety of sales calls and the dedicated team management approach to pharmaceutical sales.
I loved this job.
Field Customer Service Rep/Call Card Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioFebruary 8, 2013
Usually pretty busy. Data entered a lot. Managers were great. Always listened to what employees had to say, good or bad. Managers also let the employees have fun at what they did. Co- workers were great. Most enjoyable part was I got to talk to a lot of people on the 800 line through out the US.
Pros
managers were great, free lunches, celebrated every ones birthdays every month
Cons
really wasn't any cons. we all were sad when they closed. i really miss that job.
Flex time is great
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 26, 2012
I worked on the flex-time side. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work but not full time. I worked 3 full or 4 half days a week.
Pros
flextime, professional
Cons
minimal benefits no pto or holiday pay

4.3