PDI, Inc. Employee Reviews

I was very happy working for PDI, and loved my manager, Linda Glisky
Sales Representative II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2017
It was a great work environment and I loved the flexability. My manager was very supportive, and I liked the idea of controlling my hours and schedule.
Novartis and Entresto contract /Publicis/PDI
Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 14, 2017
Run forest run ...., nobody is happy, no responsibility taken or admitted for false information, managers act like they are all above reproach and get away with everything
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
poor pay for a very hard days work
direct home care
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 13, 2017
it was an alright place to work for , I just don't know why the HR department had an BAD ATTITUDE towards me , because I had to quit my job due to family problems
Pros
pay own lunch
Cons
breaks 20 mins
Dysfunctional and not organized
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 17, 2017
with poor leadership and senior management. Business model is not dynamic. No upward opportunities. Good people in sales function. Poor pay.
Driver overworked under paid
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 16, 2017
I was told that I wasn't a good fit after a two and a half months 50 hours a week I made one mistake and was told that I was not a good fit I realize that I needed to move forward and work for a real company not someplace that has favoritism to the veteran workers and makes the new employees unload 3500 pieces of PVC pipe by hand
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management were clowns
pretty good company
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 9, 2016
Pretty good company to work for, but frustrating that they sold to Publicis and dissolved our sales division. Guess that's the way this industry goes.
Fast Pace
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Falconer, NYSeptember 22, 2016
Fast paced work environment. Attention to customer satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the whole experience were the people that I met along the way. Friendships that have endured.
great flex time job
Pharmaceutical Rep-Queens (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 17, 2016
Loved working for PDI. Field job flex time. Fit into my life perfectly
I was sad to see this end. The company was sold and the flex time time was not included
Pros
close comute
Cons
pay could have been higher
a perfect fit for my lifestyle
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntington WVNovember 14, 2015
great opportunity---a flex time position--had aprox 130 calls per month to complete---occasionally had HMN calls for company as well
Great Place to Work For
A/P & Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 10, 2015
Great Environment. They treat their employees with respect. Also allow telecommuting and alternate hours for employees who commute a specific distance.
Promote and sell a neurological pharmaceutical portfolio to healthcare providers
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 21, 2015
This position was a contract pharmaceutical sales position for an Eli Lilly, Co. I launched the drug Cymbalta and managed my territory with great success.
Pros
benefits to include a company vehicle
Cons
Not a true hard sales career and more of an entertainment/catering business.
Excellent Company
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 2, 2015
I enjoy working at PDI each time that I am called back to help out with a project. I just wish that they had it in their budget to bring me on perm.
Enjoyable part of job
Contract Pharmaceutical Representative (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 28, 2015
Selling and closing sales on all types of doctors. Trained on multiple disease states with many different manufacturers thus being well rounded in pharmaceutical world.
Pros
Selling atmosphere and bonus money.
Cons
Never ending computer work
Contract company acting as agency for hiring/staffing pharmaceutical companies.
Movement Disorders Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 13, 2015
PDI is extremely disorganized and lacking in internal customer communication. Getting an answer to simple questions takes an act of congress. Training is not in synch with the company they are contracting with causing a lot of extra online training models.
Pros
Stepping stone to hopefully permanent position in pharma
Cons
Lack of communication (calls, emails) not responded to
Enjoyable temporary employment
Back-End Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, New JerseyJanuary 29, 2015
I worked at PDI as part of an unpaid summer internship for college credit. I mostly worked on upgrading a website of theirs: www.themedicalbag.com

I had to learn quite a bit on the spot and work under tight deadlines, but the work was enjoyable and very fulfilling. I worked well with the other interns, and our supervisors (and other full-time employees) were all very helpful.
Great work and experience
PHARMACEUTICAL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  territory thousand oaks to Santa BarbaraJanuary 14, 2015
I worked for PDI as a Novartis Representative and a Digene Representative. The company worked on a contract basis and despite the fact that an individual may be hired on for a 4 year contract, the contract could end without warning at any time. I enjoyed my time at Novartis, for I had Pharmaceutical experience prior to my time with Novartis at Wyeth. I had a wonderful manager who was positive, encouraging, kind, and helped all of us in the district thrive.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Contract - instability
Great support for a contract sales rep from PDI, especially from my current manager.
Cardio metabolic Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 31, 2014
Currently calling on endocrinologists, nephrologists, some cardiologists, gynecologist and any primary care clinicians who are currently treating obesity. I cover the state and have met so many great clinicians and supporting staff and it has been hard, but fun building the obesity market from the ground up. My teammates are all hard working and bright which shows in their work! I enjoy my current role despite the great demands it places on myself.
A company which supports Pharmaceutical Companies by supplying trained sales representatives.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper Saddle River, NJJune 24, 2014
While working for PDI I worked as a sales representative for several companies including Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline.
Contract pharmaceutical sales position within Wisconsin and Northern Illinois territories.
Territory Manager/Neuro Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 23, 2013
In contract sales this requires flexibility and adaptability to chang.
Great introduction to Pharmaceutical industry
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2013
I really enjoyed my experience being a contract representative. It was a great introduction to the pharmaceutical industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PDI, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8