PDM Employee Reviews

A good job
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 27, 2017
Overall the job was a great stepping stool for manufacturing .A good place to work. The hardest part of the job had to be making sure orders were filled on time
Master Fitter (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLMay 26, 2017
If you like making money and arent afraid of hard work its a dream job. The people are good to work with, they do thwir vest to take care of their employees
Do not apply
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 30, 2017
Pdm is a very unorganized company, many times while i was working there we had to stay hours late to fulfill orders that the main office has lost and management was very rude and unappreciative.
Pdm
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 16, 2017
Great Beginnings! I started my career path here and it has been nothing but bliss since. It took me one year to receive my first promotion and doors begin to open from there.
Boss micro manages
Lead Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Boone, IAJanuary 27, 2017
Low pay little or no raises, owners always micro manage and belittle their help. One time the owner called a CSR stupid in front of a customer, then start throwing the f bomb all over.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low pay, owners micro manage
Great Team
Planner/Scheduler for Condition Monitoring, PM (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYAugust 10, 2016
Planning for the Predictive Maintenance Team was a great experience. The people were energized and enthusiastic and the work was interesting.
PDM is no longer in business
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Provo UtahJune 30, 2016
No longer in business PDM had been a great place to work but after the steel dumping from foreign markets ( 1983) they lost their competitive edge, and was sold to Chicago bridge. Chicago bridge closed the plant.
working culture at pdm
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, MTNovember 12, 2015
PDM is a great place to work at, my co- worker are amazing and all of the shifts. my boss he is very friendly and made sure to remember my name and everyone elses and make sure to say hi and bye when he comes and goes. we also do fun things as a company, like company bar b ques and restaurants to get to know each other and create a bond with each other. i know when i was new there i immediately received help and knowledge from other co-workers and till this day they continue to help me we help each other to make PDM a great company and working environment.
Pros
friendly co-workers and staff, bar b ques, Christmas bonuses
Cons
you have to stand for 8 hours
Production
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIOctober 3, 2015
Had a great day at work how to shoot parts not all the time once good management work hard nothing was to hard willing to learn the company will have picnic for the company
Productive and fun
Trainer I (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 31, 2015
Great place to work. Friendly environment with knowledgeable employees. Supportive management that helps your personal grow and develop personally.
Good company
Senior Mechanical / Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Old Hickory, TNAugust 4, 2015
Good company to work for. long term relationship with most customers. Pay and benefits are about the same as most firms their size.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Young engineer
Great stepping stone into Accounting Industry with supportive management
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 3, 2015
A typical day at PDM involves turning on your laptop, checking email and responding to clients' questions in a timely manner. We work mostly with ProSystems Engagement and Excel spreadsheets.

Management is very supportive and urge you to study and pass your CPA exams as soon as possible in order to become promoted to Senior Management. There are reward bonuses when you pass and they would like to see you excel in your career.

Co-workers are nice. PDM recently has had a large employee turnover due to the new acquisitions, and seniors moving onto larger firms.

The hardest part about this job is sitting for 8 hours, in a cubicle. The most enjoyable part of the job is being so close to beach, which also is the hardest part of the job. You won't be able to go outside to enjoy the weather. Depending on which department you work in, either attest or tax, your duties may vary. Being in Attest, I enjoy fieldwork and visiting with clients off site. This accounting firm will always make sure you are fed and never hungry. The work is stable, and the partners are agreeable.
Pros
Free lunch, near beach
Cons
Lower than market pay
PDM Logistics
Office assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 16, 2015
Great environment for entry level workers such as I. Easygoing workplace.
Unsatisfactory
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2014
I do not like to bad mouth employers, but I have to say I would never go back to this place if you paid me a million dollars. They make everything difficult to do, from hitting budget to simply clocking into work. The goals are unrealistic, an average of 10 out of the 70 some odd employees hit budget monthly and that's because they FEED them work. The HR manager is the BOSSES daughter and is completely RUDE. The management tries to write you up in the middle of the month if you haven't hit budget yet, just hated this place.
Pdm
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  woodlandhills caAugust 13, 2014
repetitive work, data entry, great manager, team work, projects
Pros
nice workpace
Cons
repetitive
Writing. editing services
Ghost Writer (Current Employee) –  George Town, M07November 30, 2012
It's good enough company to work with. Much fun and activities. However the working hour are long.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
health insurance
production
Injection Molding Technician (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, MTSeptember 24, 2012
I am verry greatfull for this company that gave me the opertunity that BLACKHAWK didnt. It was a challenge because i didnt know much about injection molding/set up machines but they were willing to train me and show me the way and rite now im the lead tech at that facility but the job pay aint that good and they dont want to give me hours or raise and its kinda hard to suport 2 kids and a wife on $15.00 an hour.
Pros
they take care of there employes
Cons
not amny hours/pay
interesting company just setting up
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJuly 10, 2012
I called prospects to see if they were intrested in and qualified for a debt management program. This was a company that affiliated itself with OmegaDebt I believe.
Pros
easy hours
Cons
worked 6 days a week