PDS Tech, Inc. Employee Reviews

Professional work environment with tools in the automotive world
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 2, 2016
I directly interfaced with Toyota owners by responding to incoming phone calls, letters, e-mails, and/or chats regarding inquiries and/or complaints. This was something I was use to seeing that I've worked in customer service for the past 5 years prior. I enjoyed analyzing customer concerns/inquires (i.e.-requests for financial assistance, concerns that are dealer, sales, service, or product related) and handling them accordingly; It gave me a sense of power and responsibility. The fact that I was able to take ownership of incoming communication to investigate and resolve various questions and concerns that are dealer, sales, service or product related made me feel like a real asset to the company and my customers. One of the most pleasurable skills I was able to use and enhance was that of active listening. If I combined that with proactive decision-making, this allowed these skills to benefit Toyota customers more than I could imagine. It was a wonderful job minus the management.
Pros
The cafeteria and other company perks
Cons
The management
Working condition is dependent on assignment
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2016
This is a technical job assignment or contract. On some assignment, it is really exciting, challenging and reward. Opportunity to work with high caliber or smart people, especially in high profile companies.
Pros
Will recommend
Cons
Improvement on benefits
Would work for them again they were awesome
Team Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2016
Assisting with customers' bills and service order issues. Rescheduling customer missed appointments with a 43% turnaround rate.

I enjoy working and interacting with customers' as well as fellow employees team work is very essential any growing environment.

I also Managed a team of (3) and we worked very well together we shared and managed to overcome many obstacles on a daily basis. Achieve the maximum goal of revenue to generate for the company and resolving issues for our door to door team to ensure accuracy on all customer orders.
Pros
Working for success to ensure revenue growth.
Cons
limited resources for systems issues.
Temporary Agency
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 30, 2016
Is the only Temporary service that Honeywell Aerospace. Worked on several different lines in the shop and worked with several fellow employees.
Enjoyed recruiting and job placement
Manager, The Temporary File (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXOctober 29, 2015
Very demanding but satisfying position.. Finding personnel and matching their skills with a job. Changed from day to day. Lots of variety. Typical day involved sales, recruiting, training, testing and placement of temporary and permanent employees. Supervision of office staff and temporary employees. Office management.
Pros
Satisfication in finding employment for candidates
Cons
Not enough candidates to fill open work orders with clients
Don't Work For PDS At Boeing In San Antonio.
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Boeing San AntonioMay 24, 2012
I can say this is the worst contract I've been on. They laid me off a day before my year anniversary, go figure. Look's like their trying to save $2500 in bonus money. They will FIRE you if you plan on taking a per diem break. If your a contractor you know by IRS law you have to take a per diem break in order to keep getting your per diem money, what's the point of being a contractor with no benefits and getting taxed the full $25HR? The 747 program is ridiculous, they have no clue what their doing and the management is horrible. You think for a multi millionaire dollar corporation Boeing would you have their act together. This isn't the case. If you want to be treated like a piece of dirt then go to Boeing at San Antonio. I will never work for PDS ever again, they are the one's keeping people from taking per diem breaks, friend of mine got let go while on his break because he refused to come back to work. Their just greedy, they hired over 100 people at once and will lose the money they make off the contractors that are leaving on their break. That place will go under no doubt and I see them losing their contract on the commercial programs. Boeing San Antonio is a dead end, worked there 3 times and have been laid off every time. It's not worth the little pay for the conditions you have to put up with. Go else where! Do yourself a favor and save yourself the grief.
Pros
can' think of any.
Cons
long hours, poor managment, no days off, horrible equipment.
Using my customer service skills
service technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MADecember 28, 2015
My day starts at 6 AM. I hand out reports, check copiers, print large volume of reports. I use my skills in Microsoft office and Excel to generate updated reports to management. I work on my own and I am a self motivated person. I communicate very well with the employees,as well as have a good relationship.
Pros
communication with the employees
Temp
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 20, 2016
I was a temp with them and did not work in there office. I worked for the Hartford in customer services.
Clean plane faa parts
FAA Cleanline (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2015
I get parts from people and clean them in different types of chemicals then I bring them back I have learned how to clean faa parts and the management is okay not the best my co workers are cool and the hardest part of the job is the job instructions in all realistic and the job is fun because it is straight farward and easy.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Pay, Benefits
No comments
Automated Expense Report Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2014
No comments as I did not work for them long enough. As there is a need for a comment I can only say they are kind to you but should a situation raise and you are substituted you would not receive support nor assistance to find precise reasons which could help you evaluate your-self and shape areas you may not know are lacking care.
Pros
no comments
Cons
no comments
This was a fantastic position
CMM Programmer/Layout Engineer, (Former Employee) –  Arlington TXJanuary 28, 2014
Had a great management team and a great job. I learned a lot an PDS has always been very conscious of the needs of their employees.
Pros
Insurance through a contractor shop and two weeks pay for longevity bonus.
Cons
The assignment at Bell had a lot of politics to navigate through in order to perfrom your function.
Productive Environment
Admin. Asst./ Jr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 8, 2015
Job source for potential candidates that meets client's employment needs
Reformat professional resumes & cover letter assistance
File & Database Management
Provide Aptitude tests and grade
Schedule drug screenings when applicable
Assist with interviews
Mail metering/ handling
Professional phone etiquette
Pros
Sharpened skill sets
Cons
Unable to meet full potential/ laid off due to recession
Lackluster Performance - Demotivating
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  SeattleOctober 9, 2012
On the surface this seems to be a great place to work as a recruiter because Boeing is their #1 customer. Their competition must not be much better because PDS supplies the majority of contract resources to them. That's where it all starts to fall apart. They have a shotgun approach to recruiting, stressing quantity over quality. There are few business processes documented leading to redundant effort and mistakes by the staff. Pay is very lacking in comparison to other agencies and industry standards. It's really a shame that their bar is low and that they reward and retain mediocrity. Small office, small minds.
Pros
boeing has 100s of contract labor openings
Cons
very poor compensation
Aircraft Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2016
PDS Tech is a great company.They were really great at finding the right employer that was aligned with my previous work experience. I would recommend PDS to those that are seeking employment.
productive enviroment, everyone has specific jobs, assistance if requested
Interior / Exterior Composite Mechanic At Boeing (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2013
We had meetings to evaluate or to assess work progress, or to discuss concerns an employee might have. Learned by going to classes and by observing or by asking for assistance on out of the ordinary or difficult tasks. Management would be there at some of the meetings to address some concerns when necessary. I would get along well with all my co-workers. In fact 95% of all workers got along great. The hardest part of my job would be waiting for assistance to transfer a heavy part or panel to another area, or to the paint shop. The most enjoyable part of my job, was knowing that I had given my 150% to that job to warrant my Stamp and date on the paperwork. I also am qualified operating sewing machines for carpets and insulation blankets. Would also insulate Hot Air Bleed ducts
Pros
Had an on site cafeteria, with all types of luncheons
A great company
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 7, 2015
It was a great company which helped my career in technology. It taught me everything I needed to know about working in Aerospace and Defense.
Productive and fun place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 11, 2013
Report to Management, Check on Priority for the day.
Ensure the identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing technologies and improve manufacturing processes in support of product certificate design. From early pre-production to product delivery, and in service support, resolve manufacturing problems, improve producibility and maintain the integrity of product design.
Help co-workers with any problems they may have on new process and procedures.
Training of co-workers.
At the end of the day to have accomplish what I did with pride.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Do not like to travel
Contract company
sheet metal mechanic (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 20, 2014
PDS is a contract company thatfound me a job and put me to work right away.
I worked for American Eurocopter on their end of year push. I worked often 7 days a week and over 10 hours a day on some occasion.Management was friendly and very approachable. direct employees were also friendly and very helpful.i learned alot about new helicopters that i have not worked on in the past.the most enjoyable part of the job was completing aircraft and getting them ready for flight
Pros
excellent place to work, lots of employee appreciation
Cons
had a Hiring Freeze and wasnt able to go Direct
Very Good Temp Agency
Packer/Tester (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2013
But it is just That, A temp agency. In this economy, i would like job security, and temp agencies can not provide that. Other than that Good Pay, Great Benefits, and Great Representatives.
Calibration job
CAlibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 22, 2012
I used to work for the calibration lab in Wichita, KS. The typical day at work was getting yelled at 4 times a day for being too slow not preductive enough and not making enough money. If you figured another way to make money for the company it was shot down! The management it anti-morale the hours when you travel you don't get lunches and if you work past 10 hours a day you won't get paid for it. So my suggestion is don't work for this company if they advertise a calibration lab job with travel.
Pros
free yellings
Cons
doesn't support the troops

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PDS Tech, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.