PDS Tech, Inc. Employee Reviews

Professional aircraft manufacturing environment
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 18, 2014
My work schedule is 6 am till 330 pm Mon-Sat. Clock in, go to meeting, report to work area, gather tools, go to work area, work till break, work till lunch, work till punch out. Damage control unexpected problems, resolve and resume. I have learned many skills that can further my goals as a professional aircraft assembly mechanic. Coworkers are all friendly and helpful. The hardest part may be the paperwork involved and passing inspection with quality assurance inspectors. But it gets handled and we move on. The most enjoyable part of the job is looking around and being surrounded by 6 to 8 Dreamliners in a massive airplane hanger.
Contract company
sheet metal mechanic (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 20, 2014
PDS is a contract company thatfound me a job and put me to work right away.
I worked for American Eurocopter on their end of year push. I worked often 7 days a week and over 10 hours a day on some occasion.Management was friendly and very approachable. direct employees were also friendly and very helpful.i learned alot about new helicopters that i have not worked on in the past.the most enjoyable part of the job was completing aircraft and getting them ready for flight
Pros
excellent place to work, lots of employee appreciation
Cons
had a hiring freeze and wasnt able to go direct
Productive and fun place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 11, 2013
Report to Management, Check on Priority for the day.
Ensure the identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing technologies and improve manufacturing processes in support of product certificate design. From early pre-production to product delivery, and in service support, resolve manufacturing problems, improve producibility and maintain the integrity of product design.
Help co-workers with any problems they may have on new process and procedures.
Training of co-workers.
At the end of the day to have accomplish what I did with pride.
Pros
close to home
Cons
do not like to travel
Calibration job
CAlibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 22, 2012
I used to work for the calibration lab in Wichita, KS. The typical day at work was getting yelled at 4 times a day for being too slow not preductive enough and not making enough money. If you figured another way to make money for the company it was shot down! The management it anti-morale the hours when you travel you don't get lunches and if you work past 10 hours a day you won't get paid for it. So my suggestion is don't work for this company if they advertise a calibration lab job with travel.
Pros
free yellings
Cons
doesn't support the troops
Job was working from my office at home
Personnel Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 26, 2012
Day started at 8 AM and continued till 9 PM, Monday thru Saturday. The phone never stopped ringing.
The most enjoyable part of the job was I never had to leave my home, except for the weekly meetings.
The hardest part was getting support or answers from the management team.
It was a great idea, but we needed people to work together to get the kinks out.
Would I work from home again, DEFINITELY!
Pros
loved working from home
Cons
no support from mgm't
Lackluster Performance - Demotivating
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  SeattleOctober 9, 2012
On the surface this seems to be a great place to work as a recruiter because Boeing is their #1 customer. Their competition must not be much better because PDS supplies the majority of contract resources to them. That's where it all starts to fall apart. They have a shotgun approach to recruiting, stressing quantity over quality. There are few business processes documented leading to redundant effort and mistakes by the staff. Pay is very lacking in comparison to other agencies and industry standards. It's really a shame that their bar is low and that they reward and retain mediocrity. Small office, small minds.
Pros
boeing has 100s of contract labor openings
Cons
very poor compensation
Mountain Air Cargo in NC
A&P Mech (Former Employee) –  Kinston,NCApril 19, 2013
I drove 4.5 hours to NC and on my first day(Monday) I worked 3 hours.I went back to work the second day(Tuesday) and was told that there wasn't any work because they were slow and wouldn't have any work until the next week(the following Tuesday).My recruiter wanted me to stay in the hotel until the following week after I told him what was going on.People don't travel to jobsites to sit in a hotel room hoping that work will appear.What a waste of my time and money.I wouldn't recommend going to this place nor working for PDS,at least not in Charleston,SC.
Cons
wasted money traveling to a "jobsite", that doesn't have jobs.
Efficent and professional IT firm which provides good support for employees.
Senior IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 13, 2012
PDS Tech is a contracting firm that is very professional and supportive to their employees. I worked for them at a insurance / finance company in the IT department and they provided everything I required to perform my job. They interfaced seamlessly while I concentrated my learning the functions of the position.
Pros
easily conducted all business via the internet and a few phone calls.
Works hard to get you the job, but forgets about you after
Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 24, 2012
They seemed to work very had to place you with a company, I was very impressed by that compared to other placement outfits that were pretty much worthless. As time passes, however, their support to YOU seems to disappear. They do not return calls for what would seem to be simple questions, or they are unfriendly if they do answer. I've been with them for over a year & it would be nice if they offered at least one paid day off for the money they have made off of my good record at the company. No holidays, no vacation days, no sick days, no raises. What have you done for me lately? Temp/contract works both ways & I'll be happy to lay them off when the chance comes.
Pros
job placement
Cons
no pto. rediculous expensive health plan. no support.
Aircraft Company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 7, 2012
I really enjoy working in a office setting. I get along with all different types of people. I enjoy coming into work every day. As i worked at Hawker Beechcraft i usually sorted out mail for office employees, and would do different types of Data Entry for the SAP portal. Other times i would use copy machines and Xerox machines for different types of scanning of documents.
Pros
good workplace
Cons
contractor job, layoffs
Good company to work with
Avionics Elec. Tech Sr (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 14, 2013
Worked 10 hr days plus overtime, I learned the avionics systems of the Gulfstream 650, Management pretty much stayed to themselves but was there for support if needed, Co-workers were nice and friendly people. easy to get along with, The hardest part of the job was getting there, The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the systems and testing them for proper functions
Excellent company rewarding business to work for
Office Services Associate/Copy & Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2012
Although I was I contract worker, I enjoyed my time with PDS Tech Inc. The work day was very productive and meaningfull and my manager, was an inspiration to me he believed in the philosophy of working smarter not harder. My co-workers, work ethic highly motivated and tough me the ropes of this business and how to make a difference for the company, in order to succeed. In reference to my job it's what you made of it. You can either perservere and make a world of a difference. Or be an example for others which is what i choose to do. The most rewarding part of the job was knowing that I put in a hard days work for a hard days pay.
Pros
employees always took risk gave 110% good work ethic
Cons
my boss was very persistant but in a great way that was inspirational
No comments
Automated Expense Report Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2014
No comments as I did not work for them long enough. As there is a need for a comment I can only say they are kind to you but should a situation raise and you are substituted you would not receive support nor assistance to find precise reasons which could help you evaluate your-self and shape areas you may not know are lacking care.
Pros
no comments
Cons
no comments
A very satisfactory employment agency.
Software Developer & Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Peterson AFB, CONovember 8, 2012
PDS Technical Services is an agency that provided me employment as a subcontractor to Lockheed Martin Corporation. The day-to-day experience on the job was defined by Lockheed Martin. PDS Technical Services provided me a good paycheck, but was involved in filling the position I held, not in defining the job or managing my work.
Fun and easy workplace
Material Handler Level (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2015
verifying part numbers and serial numbers on airplane parts
FAA regulations
lots of physical labor
good management and good trainers
Pros
easy job
Cons
no PTO
Great place to work for and always dependable on anything you need done.
Machinist/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKApril 12, 2012
worked for Siemens in Bartlesville, Oklahoma . Learned allot from my co workers and job was very enjoyable. gained more experience than I went in there with and gained a knowledge on different jobs that I was never aware of until i started working there.
Pros
weekly pay checks
Cons
no vacation pay or holiday pay
Easy access to industry leading sourcing tools and resources!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2012
This company is great of staffing professionals and entry level professionals. They have excellent training and development programs that create recruiters with the skills necessary to compete in the most competitive fields of staffing.
Pros
ample technology provided.
Cons
disbursed teams and client locations.
Aircraft Staffing
General/Structure mechanic on Boeing 787 aircraft (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2013
PDS Technical Services is an agency that provided me employment as a contractor with Boeing. The day-to-day experience on the job was defined by Boeing. PDS Tech provided me a good paycheck, but was involved in filling the position I hold, not in defining the job or managing my work.
Pros
good job
Cons
contract work
Brand new aircraft, some flaws in the system but overall a good workplace/program
C-17, Boeing 787 Dreamliner Structural Maintainer (Former Employee) –  (Boeing) san antonio,txApril 3, 2012
Learned a lot of new procedures for the dreamliner, its the first passenger plane of its kind. Co workers were great, supervision was great, typical day at work was show up , get briefed and get to work, steady workload days went by pretty quick.
This was a fantastic position
CMM Programmer/Layout Engineer, (Former Employee) –  Arlington TXJanuary 28, 2014
Had a great management team and a great job. I learned a lot an PDS has always been very conscious of the needs of their employees.
Pros
insurance through a contractor shop and two weeks pay for longevity bonus.
Cons
the assignment at bell had a lot of politics to navigate through in order to perfrom your function.