PDS Employee Reviews in United States

It started out great till the changes.
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 21, 2015
Everything was great with the culture, management, job security, work/life balance. Benefits could have been a bit better. Everything was lovely till they made changes to their management and gave into all the little demands of their clients to make things more secure within our building. We couldn't and were not allowed to have toys in the IT areas, We had to use key cards to get into a building after already being scanned in with key cards. They let go of some of the more knowledgeable IT staff including the VP of IT security once the new CEO arrived and then started laying of Help Desk staff after they started losing contracts that should not have been lost if they understood how IT/Help Desk worked.
progressive working enivorment
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2016
is assisting individual with mental health and behavioral problems with daily living skills i learned how to adapted to the situation quickly. I thought of management to be fair. I worked with the most hardworking and caring people.The hardest part of the job was dispensing medication. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see what you taught being done.
Pros
you get to go on fun trips
Cons
your are not allowed to take lunch without one of the consumers
ok work worst management
PDS tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2016
I rather not rate this company at all because overall did not like it....like I stated ok work worst management...don't like doing reviews
Had fun driving the cars
Test Driver (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 27, 2015
I like getting up early to go to work.
I learned all the new components on the new cars
Nice people to work with.
Learning the components
I like driving the miles we put on the cars
Pros
Love driving the cars
Cons
good place if your bonus driven, employer meetin each day
Customer Service Representative/Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 5, 2013
7am start phone work from computer, generating lead for health insurance agents to upgrade or offer better plans. After 1st and 2nd breaks all co-worker and management would have a collective meeting to see what progress and overall progress of the day. Co-workers where great helpful and we worked well together. The hardest part of the job was the rejection of potential leads. The most enjoyable was being able to help people when better product was available and taken advantage of by clients, good benefits for health, pd sick and vacation time.
Pros
company provided monthly bus pass for those who didnt have transportation
Cons
wasn't sure about quality of plans offered
Great place except for pay and bad insurance
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 2, 2015
pick your job/hours (if they are available)

load your truck and go, come back turn in paper-work and go home

if the pay was better I would go back, some people was decent at the time back in 2007ish
Pros
being free doing your job on road
Cons
insurance and pay
Personal experience
Senior Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 15, 2015
I felt I needed to share my personal accomplishments of balancing work including two jobs and my home life so my spouse could further his education.
Pros
Supported househoold
Cons
Worked numerous hours
Small productive company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 22, 2013
Daily responsibilities include data input, maintaining customer database, contract management, paying vendors, accounts receivable, bank deposits,
Pros
casual attire, self managing, free cell phone
Cons
no health or retirement benefits, no upward mobility
This is a Staffing Agencey
Personal Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2015
PDS was a good staffing agency to work for I was sent to work for Verizon FIOS as a Personal Account Manager and this was a work from home position. I enjoyed my job with them though the job did not last that long.
fun place to work
office admin (Former Employee) –  saint louis, moFebruary 20, 2012
great working atmosphere, good benefits, very flexible, loved working here, loved the hours, loved working on a team, loved the location
Pros
good working atmosphere
Great contracting house!
Engine Mechanic 3 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZJune 5, 2014
First contracting house to offer holidays payed off. Along with a benifits program.
Beware the Savage Jaw of 1984
Slave (Former Employee) –  CANovember 18, 2014
Let's be real, they even announced in one of our meetings how someone is in charge of "fixing" the reviews. Most of these "5" star reviews are absolutely fake. This company is filled with abusive upper management that sets impossible goals that force us to cut corners. A typical day at work would start off with a Daily XP meeting about how they do not micromanage and treat us with respect .....and then we get a list of demands we need to hit by the end of the day and get yelled at when we do not meet those numbers. When the top company dogs come in, our department managers all of a sudden act super nice and completely fake. As soon as they are out they act like their normal abusive selves and lash out on us. And no matter how many complaints go to HR it seems like the abuse continues. Unhealthy and not safe.
Cons
everything
staffing company with no communication
Chemical Process Designer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 30, 2014
worked below the wages of temps around me. i was an acting lead of 4 coworkers, making same rate with a beginner. when assignment was ending, no communication from main office. the assignment was extended 3 times. the fourth extension, 10 days before end of my contract, i tried contacting PDS for the extension and was unable to get my recruiter. Friday before my last day, i called and got a hold of an office assistant (who did investigate my job assignment), and with 3 days left of my assignment, offered me an extension.
Pros
work
Cons
not interested in the employee.
learning on the job
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  tempe, AzApril 12, 2014
I joined the team as an extern so I was new to the dental world n literally learned as I went. I was lucky enough to be placed with a well established owner Doctor and got to work with four very different associate Doctors among an array of assistants.
*open up office
*Set up for the morning
*greet n xray patients
*communicate with Drs and other assistants
*assist with four handed dentistry
*assist patient to the front
*Clean room, and equipment
*repeat till the day was done
I also helped answer phones on busy days, called patients to remind them of their upcoming appointments and helped check out patients when a little extra help was needed.
Good vendor
Employment Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 15, 2015
They located a good project for meet, which last a year with Raytheon. I was offered a second chance to go back, but I have already accepted a new opportunity with a different employer.
Any where I have worked
Structural Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Boeing A/C San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2012
My must enjoyable part of any and all work places was the satisfaction of accomplishment after not just receiving but the acceptable completion of assignments that where always so challenging they where refused due to either the jobs where too complicated requiring extra research and excercution of techniques, processes and procedures, inaccessiblity requiring spiecial tooling and/or operational sequences etc to accomplish the task
Pros
i get to assist in the financial supporting my family
Cons
most jobs today have short contracts and/or long commutes
A great place to work
Account Manager/Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 17, 2012
PDS is a family company and being there nearly 7 years has been a blessing in and of itself
Pros
job security
Cons
no room to move up/advancement
(contractor) Gulfstream (Former Employee) –  georgiaJanuary 26, 2015
not much to review was a contractor and don't have much to say about PDS itself.
Production
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Belleville, MIAugust 1, 2014
A typical day at work is very fast pace, not much time to sit down. My coworkers are friendly and they help get me through my day. I can't remeber the last time I had a bad day at work.There isn't anything hard about my job, it's just things you have to learn. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting along with everybody, and always laughing and smiling.
Good response with job availability
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2014
I've had an overall good experience. Although, doing contract work is tough.
Pros
good job leads
Cons
moving to job with no expectations or knowledge of work conditions