Peabody Energy Employee Reviews in United States

Good pay and benifits, no life though.
Industrial Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYAugust 25, 2016
Rotating schedule is hard on family life. Work was ok. Management good use some work. Pay and benefits are good. Compensation for tools was good. They offered training which was good.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No life
It was a job
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Grants, NMAugust 19, 2016
This company was good to work for. Management was very nepotistic and didn't hide the fact that they used favortism towards certain employees on a daily basis.
Electrician I (Current Employee) –  IndianaAugust 9, 2016
Good place to work, some good people, some bad, overall very nice. Supported me and my family very well for several years. Owe a lot to them
If you love money and never want to spend time with your family it's the job for you.
Reliability Coordinator, Maintenance Supervisor, (Current Employee) –  Francisco, INAugust 2, 2016
A typical work day is pretty fast paced and non stop. I've learned a lot from my time with the company and became one of there best in Maintenance do to my hard work and the training they provided throughout the 14 years as a employee for Peabody Energy. You become pretty close to your co-workers and everybody was always willing to help another if needed to which was great. Honestly every part of my day is hard. Always troubleshooting problems, fixing machines, dealing with electrical issues. The most enjoyable part of my day was taking a shower after my shift was over because i knew i was going home to spend time with my family. The reason i'm going to leave is because of the wear and tear on my body. It's just time to move on.
Pros
Great Wage, Employee
Cons
No family time, hard work, Long hours
Mechanic/Welder -Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Grants, NMJuly 15, 2016
A good place to work every day was a challenge with something new to learn . The days are long and hard but by the end of the day the job was done and done right. At peabody we work as a team
Good place for addvancement
Surface Miner (Former Employee) –  Wright, WYMay 21, 2016
Working underground did a lot of shoveling along belt lines , setting timbers and building cribs. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the deferent people
Pros
poeple
Cons
Condishons
It was a safe place to work !!!
Pit Technician (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYMay 19, 2016
We had excellent teamwork. We worked closely together operating heavy equipment in close proximity to each other. The most difficult part of the job was the night shifts.
Pros
We had good supervisors.
Cons
The night shifts were the most difficult.
Good employer negatively impacted by economic factors
Senior Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2016
Enjoyed working for Peabody but was a casualty of negative industry headwinds that required significant staff reductions.
Hard working
Mine Operator (Current Employee) –  Francisco, INApril 30, 2016
Operating various underground mining equipment.
Inspecting and repairing equipment.
Working under extreme physical conditons and long hours.
Team oriented environment.
Pros
Brotherhood between employees
Cons
not many breaks
Good crew.
Lead Man - Crew 4 (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed my job and the guys I worked with.
Management could improve in some areas.
The hardest part was working nights.
Good Company with great talented people
Reliability Manager Americas (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYApril 9, 2016
Hard working dedicated people made the job interesting. Job involved a substantial amount of travel. Peabody provides a lot of training and development opportunities.
Pros
Good paying jobs
Cons
long commute to work sites in some areas
Excellent people with ability to overcome issues and finish the task
Sr. Drill and Blast/Mine Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYMarch 31, 2016
Typical day starts at 4:30 AM with two pots of coffee made and looking at equipment positions from the previous day. Determining the amount moved and looking ahead to address the morning shift change.
The work place is highly dynamic and I was able to communicate and collaborate to achieve results. I learned that with "listening without the intent to reply" I fully understood the question, restrictions in place, and planned a action to resolve whatever hurdle we faced.
I respected the management to a large extent. I realize at times their responsibilities proved to be a daunting task. I learned through observation how to handle conflict and pushback to to build cooperation and get the desired result.
My coworkers were the best I could have had. However I feel that way everywhere I have worked. Great co-workers will pick up the ball when it gets dropped as would I when one of them did the same thing. That didn't happen but once in awhile however, it was a great asset to know when the chips were down we had each others back.
The hardest part of the job was trying to cover the entire mine through the workday. The mine was immense, as it is be the largest coal mine in the world. There were times where one person couldn't reach all the places one would have to go. There were times I would spend 12 to 14 hours just to get 3/4 of everything done.
The most enjoyable part was when you saw completion of a shot, dug bench, or finished coal pit and then the process starts all over again. At the end of my tenure there, I looked at the maps of where things started and ended and what
  more... an amazing ride it was.  less
Pros
People
Cons
the ride out
Equipment Operator
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Wright, WYMarch 30, 2016
I have really enjoyed working for this company. One of the best companies I have worked for in a very long time. I have had some of the best and hard working co workers along with very attentive bosses.
Amazing Job Culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2016
Really loved working here, amazing management and co-workers, laid back environment, learned alot. Flexible work hours. Very high team morale.
No Comment
Operator (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, INMarch 17, 2016
To many upper management positions and a major lack of communication between them but all and all the quality and comradery of the hourly employees more then make up for it
The best place to work
Mine Clerk, Warehouse Clerk - Equality, Illinois (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2016
In all of my working career, this has been the best place to work for. Our team was a family and treated each other as such. All performed with the utmost amount of professionalism and skill. Each department was managed by a very competent manager who put the safety of all employees first.
Pros
A family atmosphere.
Mining Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYFebruary 8, 2016
Fun and engaging work environment. Cant say enough about the people who work for the company. Management is caring for the individual and is interested in helping them succeed.
Close to home
Welder/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Equality, ILFebruary 8, 2016
Inspected equipment during lineup. Maintained equipment and make repairs when needed. Good work environment, got along good with co-workers and supervisors.
Industry is Troubling
Lead Regional Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 25, 2016
Unfortunately, Peabody is caught in a currently troubled industry and is suffering for it. There continues to be good compensation for employees which is important for keeping the loyal workforce.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Too much work and not enough people
Decent work environment.
Senior Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 16, 2016
Typical office environment.
Good employee morale, plenty of office activities.
Expensive to park downtown, expensive lunch, nothing but restaurants around.