Peabody Retirement Community Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible place to waste your time at
Cook (Former Employee) –  North Manchester, INJuly 24, 2016
Worst management, coworkers, compensation, everything. It's like they want you to live there and your schedule is never guaranteed unless you have seniority. Couldn't pay me enough to ever go back.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
residents are wonderful
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  North Manchester, INNovember 1, 2015
Management changes things on residents saying"They will have to adjust". I have a problem with this for m of "customer service. The residents are paying our salaries and should have an input
Pros
residents are great
Cons
managemnet needs to listen to residents
I worked at Peabody for over a year and loved my job
CNA (Former Employee) –  north Manchester, INSeptember 7, 2015
Even though I loved my job the constant headache of being short staffed and moved around to different units takes a toll. It doesn't matter if you are an awesome aid and loved by your nurses, and coworkers there seems to be no job security. In my opinion they are too quick to fire or run off the "good" help for minimal things but keep the terrible, lazy aides that have been there for a long time. They will work you to death but not ever want to work with you when it comes to your schedule. Horrible turnover rate. Fails to drug screen and needs to be more picky about who they hire. But like I said despite all this I did love my job at Peabody and especially loved my residents and coworkers.
Pros
Beautiful place:good standard of resident care
Cons
Terrible management, short staffing, no job security
productive
Cook (Former Employee) –  North Manchester, INJuly 17, 2015
fast paced position
liked my coworkers and worked well with them.
Going home was the most enjoyable part of the day
Liked to see smiles on the residents faces after dinner
Awesome job
Cook & CNA (Former Employee) –  North Manchester, INJanuary 28, 2015
I loved working here. I started out cooking, then I became weekend charge staff (Asst. Manager/weekends) and then I received my CNA certification. I was also head/chairperson of the Safety Committee. I felt so needed and appreciated when I worked here. I received a lot of awards and recognition for working so hard. I would get there at 5:15am and make breakfast for the residents, then I would clean up and get lunch started, I would then serve lunch, clean up and sometimes I would do CNA work until 10pm or so. The Safety meetings were once a month. Management was awesome from the CEO, Administrator to housekeeping .I had amazing coworkers as well. The hardest part of the job was falling in love with the residents and them getting sick or passing away. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the residents.
Pros
good benefits, meeting people taking care of the residents
Cons
worked a lot of hours, not great pay
Terrible
CNA (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 14, 2015
I worked for Peabody for 2 years. The management was awful and most of the staff was also. Resident care was the end of their list all that seemed to matter was how the building looked and money. I would never advise anyone to work for Peabody.
Cons
poor management and staffing
Beautiful campus with poor management
Clinical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Manchester INSeptember 27, 2013
I worked at Peabody for many years and had more CEO's, directors of Nursing, Administrators and other management than I can count. They are so focused on the look of the building that they forget about taking care of all of the Residents there. They are also very poor at drug screening and back ground checks....two things that should be a requirement for the healthcare field.
Pros
beautiful campus
Cons
extremely poor management
Productive/ resident oriented workplace
Title- Social Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Manchester, INSeptember 16, 2013
I enjoyed working at Peabody in Social Services. At times I felt like an "outsider" because I was younger than most of the women that worked there. I was paid nicely and appreciated that very much.
Pros
nice management
Cons
communication
beautiful place
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  North Manchester, INJuly 10, 2013
I took care of the elderly toi help with their daily activities of living. great care and great staff. I enjoyed my job here
Pros
the smiling faces
Cons
short staff
friendly staff
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  North Manchester, IndianaApril 28, 2013
a day began with our jump start meeting to review residents. Throughout the day I walked throughout the facility monitoring, educating and assisting staff with resident care as well as proper techniques and proper infection control practices. When opportunities arose, I educated staff on IV insertion, phlebotomy and PICC line maintenance. I met with orientees and administered 1st and 2nd step Mantoux as well as completed physicals. I monitored for expiring TB and CPR certifications and held classes as needed. I reviewed pretty much daily the CDC and ISDH web sites for updates on flu viruses when in season and educated staff accordingly. The hardest part of the job was juggling all of the different responsibilities and ensuring all tasks were completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was challenged to do so. I also greatly enjoyed watching the staff learn and accomplish their goals they had set for themselves
Pros
short drive time to home
My time with Peabody Retirement Community
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  North Manchester, INApril 19, 2013
My shift would start by checking with previous shift to see if there were any changes or concerns with any of the residents. Then go in to the dining room to assist with tray pass and feedings. Then it was time for residents to get comfy for the night so I would assist with showering, dressing, and transferring resident to their rooms and or bed. I would document using the Caretracker system. Then till morning I would answer and assist residents using a call pager. In the morning I would assist the residents that were ready to get up with showering, dressing, and transferring to wheelchair if needed. Ending my shift by speaking to the in coming shift about any changes or concerns with residents. As well as completing any needed documentation before going home. The hardest part of the job was all the management changes which made it difficult for the team to know who to turn to with concerns. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my wonderful residents and the team I was working with.
Pros
wonderful residents, great nurses
Cons
very short breaks, under staffing, and management changes
Residential Administrator (Current Employee) –  inMarch 26, 2013
great place to work. it is nice here. seriously nice. not much more to say than that.
Pros
nice
Cons
nice
Beautiful Facility
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Manchester, INOctober 19, 2012
Facility is located on 33 acres and has means available to supply assistance at any level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peabody Retirement Community. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8