Peace Corps Employee Review

The toughest job you'll ever love
Youth Development Facilitator (Former Employee) –  PeruNovember 6, 2013
A "typical day" in Peace Corps is hard to sum up, as everybody has a different experience and everyday brought new challenges, adventures, and learning experiences.

Peace Corps tests your inner strength, perseverance, your ideas of cultural norms and the world, and your intestinal lining.

Flexibility, patience, self-motivation and direction are all qualities a Peace Corps Volunteer must learn during their time in service. "Going with the flow" as well as being assertive are two characteristics you develop fast.

The hardest part was feeling like I didn't do enough.

The best part was not just working in a community, but becoming a part of it.
Pros
Experience of a lifetime, lifelong friendships, cross-cultural exchange
Cons
Illness, parasites, uncertainty about projects, having to leave after 2 years.

Other Peace Corps Employee Reviews

Takes a large commitment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gitoki, Eastern ProvinceDecember 4, 2017
Depending on your stage in life this is a great opportunity. I think its best either before you start a career or after you retire. Overall a rewarding experience but also with its difficulties, much like everything else in life.
Learning to live life the right way
Peace Corps Volunteer Leader (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionNovember 28, 2017
Volunteering with the Peace Corps gave me a chance to lead a fulfilling three years, which taught me that serving and helping others benefits both you and the people you serve a tremendous amount. Now that I am back in the U.S., I know that leading a life of service will be an important part of my future because it has made me happier, more content and more optimistic in the world around me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peace Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6