Peace Corps Employee Reviews

Peace corps is peace corps.. what do you say
Youth and Community Development Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Irbid, JordanAugust 18, 2017
indeed is forcing me to write this.. most people know the deal. It is stressful and non-stop but usually rewarding. My service was cut short as my whole group was evacuated so it doesn't always work out. And PC doesn't treat you well when that happens. You don't get a resettling stipend like you would if you completed 27 months (even though everyone still needs to 'resettle'). They give you one month of health insurance and say good riddance.
Great experience Supporting a great cause
IT Security Specialist - Vulnerability Management (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 16, 2017
My typical workday as a vulnerability manager was looking at various tools checking our environment for vulnerabilities on our network and OS systems.
Pros
Supporting a Great Cause
Cons
The term limit that you are allowed to work there.
grand
Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2017
fun, always interacting with students, internship so I didn't get paid. But the position looks great on a resume. You have to enjoy people in a position like this.
Toughest Job you'll ever love
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  MexicoAugust 5, 2017
Peace Corps Volunteer - working, living and serving in a foreign country. Learn a language and culture while working and get to experience and know another country.
Pros
Experience of a lifetime
Cons
No salary
Tough Job laced with love
Peace Corps Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Discovery Bay, JamaicaAugust 3, 2017
This truly is one of the toughest jobs out there. The rewards are incredible but the struggles are real. This is the kind of job where you just have no idea what to do, so you just start doing. Failure is a reality, success is a blessing. Mostly what you get is a wonderful new family and community to carry with you the rest of your life.
Pros
Open schedule
Cons
Always working even when you are not working.
good
SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE EXTENTION AGENT (Former Employee) –  Senegal, west africaJuly 31, 2017
During my two years I have completed both seed extension work and work at the Master farm in Katakel. However, one of my most important works at site has been working with women in Katakel, and establishing a women’s group. Working with them has included establishing a new women’s garden, in which has increased their capacity for starting a nursery, out planting, starting a tree nursery and live fencing. I will also be working with them in financial literacy, increasing their capacity in productivity and income generation.
During my two years of service I have gained new skills for working in development such as project design, grant writing and grant management.
Most notably, being the first volunteer, I have established a trusting and honest repour with the community of Katakel for the continuation of development work in the future.
Dynamic and interesting work environment
Health Extentionist Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San José de las Matas, SantiagoJuly 29, 2017
In a Peace Corps volunteer's service, no two experiences will be the same. My typical day was usually spent spending time with community members and holding health related classes throughout the week. The hardest part of the job was learning a second language (Spanish) and applying it directly to the work that I was doing, but the most enjoyable part of the job was really getting to know the people in my community that I was working with.
Pros
Learned second language, experienced international sustainable development work at the grassroots level
Cons
Lots of free time
Volunteer Postion- Most life changing experience ever
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 28, 2017
There is so much to say about this experience. It will change your life forever and make you appreciate what we have. You will not only learn about another culture and way of life, you will learn a lot about yourself.
Pros
Cons
No-Pay
Passionate, mission-driven community
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 21, 2017
Peace Corps has consistently ranked in the top three federal agencies to work for. Great place if you're interested in international affairs or grassroots level development and are interested in federal work. Coworkers are friendly and willing to answer questions and help provide training opportunities for staff.
Great Teaching Experience
TEFL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2017
Working for TNTP Americorps was a wonderful experience. I felt completely prepared to teach the following year and had a teacher trainer helping me throughout the way to develop my classroom management strategies and lesson planning abilities. Wonderful experience for earning teaching certification!
Life Changing Experience
English Education and Youth Development Volunteer (Former Employee) –  BorjomiJuly 16, 2017
Anyone thinking about doing Peace Corps should take a long time thinking about it. If you are willing and able to be away from your family and friends for two years, do it. If not, don't. With that said, my experience was very fulfilling and has helped mold me into the person I am today.
Good
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 12, 2017
Its a great company to work on. It is the best place I've ever worked! I say this because I'm challenged each day, motivated to do my best and feel supported by my management team. It's a joy coming to work each day!
The toughest job you'll ever love
Teacher Trainer and Teacher (Former Employee) –  IndonesiaJune 19, 2017
They pay you to travel abroad and help the local community n whichever was is most productive. As long as you keep an open mind and are willing to fully adapt to a new culture, you'll love it here Make sure you're committed to the project though, as you'll miss you're loved ones. Overall, I truly loved it and it was a lie changing experience.
Fun and hardest job you'll ever love
Peace Corps Volunteer (Current Employee) –  BluefieldsJune 16, 2017
I love Peace Corps and I would highly recommend it to anyone is very motivated, flexible and interested in learning on the job in sometime difficult or harsh environments where you have to adapt and overcome adversity. I love it and everybody I know who has stuck it out loves being here and doing what we do as a whole.
Pros
Healthcare, dental, job training, language training and appropriate pay
Cons
Travel, integration into another society, everything you do is in another language
N/a
Community Economic Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicJune 15, 2017
Serving as a Peace Corps volunteer is so different from a normal work environment that it doesn't make sense to try and describe it here. If someone is thinking about serving should go to the Peace Corps website.
Great learning environment
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2017
Great learning environment. Techs work together well, communicate and help resolves issues in a timely manner. Many ways to learn and lots of support in doing so.
The job of a life time
Environment Extension Agent (Former Employee) –  Fangoune MassassiJune 1, 2017
The toughest job you'll ever love. I wouldn't trade anything in the world for my experience in the Peace Corps. It's a job that engages both heart, brain, and soul.
Pros
Complete immersion in a different culture
Cons
Frequent illness
Interesting and meaningful work
Peace Corp (Former Employee) –  ChengduMay 27, 2017
Working in China as a PCV is a meaningful experience. I lived in a local community and integrate. I worked from home mostly and taught classes at Uni.
Pros
Home office. Lived on campus. Walking commute
Cons
Lived on campus. Crowded places
Great experience
Secondary Education Volunteer (Former Employee) –  DzhankoyMay 19, 2017
There is no typical Peace Corps experience. Mine was perhaps the best experience of my life thus far. The people and culture is amazing. The training was fantastic!
Difficult to adjust living outside the U.S.
Community Health Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2017
You worked 24/7 in a community you were placed. You learn a new culture and a new language. The hardest part of the job is not being able to communicate with other volunteers, friends and family.
Pros
Great life experience
Cons
You are secluded

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peace Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6