Peace Corps Employee Review

Very demanding but productive work place.
Associate Director/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Belize, Central AmericaSeptember 15, 2013
On a daily basis, the job required you to check emails, text messages and phone messages to ensure all Peace Corps Volunteers were doing well, or someone needed immediate support. There were contact calls to be made either to Volunteers or to host agency personnel to ensure all was well. Meetings took up a third of the day or visits to Volunteers' assignment site for meetings with their counterparts or to check or to provide support, advice or counseling.

Most Volunteers' sites meant at least a couple hours drive either way and at times to very remote communities. The hardest part of the job was having to brainstorm very difficult problems which had cultural implications. The most enjoyable was getting to a Volunteer site and seeing the great work they and their counterparts were engaged in.

Other Peace Corps Employee Reviews

Takes a large commitment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gitoki, Eastern ProvinceDecember 4, 2017
Depending on your stage in life this is a great opportunity. I think its best either before you start a career or after you retire. Overall a rewarding experience but also with its difficulties, much like everything else in life.
Learning to live life the right way
Peace Corps Volunteer Leader (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionNovember 28, 2017
Volunteering with the Peace Corps gave me a chance to lead a fulfilling three years, which taught me that serving and helping others benefits both you and the people you serve a tremendous amount. Now that I am back in the U.S., I know that leading a life of service will be an important part of my future because it has made me happier, more content and more optimistic in the world around me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peace Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6