Peace Corps Employee Review

The Adventure of a Lifetime
Community Enterprise Development Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Njinikom, CameroonNovember 20, 2013
Most recently, I completed my service as a Peace Corps volunteer in Cameroon where I worked in Community Enterprise Development. As a peace corps volunteer your are responsible for representing the United States and American culture in your host country. You are therefore thrust into a leadership role in the community. Part of my duties as a volunteer was relationship management and prioritization. I worked closely with senior government officials and community organizations on development projects, allocating limited resources in highly impoverished areas. This is a delicate process that is dependent on relationship management. It is my hope that I can use the skills and experiences gained through my service in my future career.
Pros
great location
Cons
no cheese

Other Peace Corps Employee Reviews

Takes a large commitment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gitoki, Eastern ProvinceDecember 4, 2017
Depending on your stage in life this is a great opportunity. I think its best either before you start a career or after you retire. Overall a rewarding experience but also with its difficulties, much like everything else in life.
Learning to live life the right way
Peace Corps Volunteer Leader (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionNovember 28, 2017
Volunteering with the Peace Corps gave me a chance to lead a fulfilling three years, which taught me that serving and helping others benefits both you and the people you serve a tremendous amount. Now that I am back in the U.S., I know that leading a life of service will be an important part of my future because it has made me happier, more content and more optimistic in the world around me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peace Corps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6