Full time position available for a Project Manager at our fast paced, growing Systems Integration Company. We specialize in the design and implementation of commercial security and telecom systems.
Direct report to the General Manager; indirect report to Executive Management. The Project Manager's overall responsibility is for the set-up, scheduling, tracking, and completion of specified job/project(s) in a safe and quality manner and within the specified time and material budget estimates. The Project Manager is the primary client interface responsible for securing project information, updating and maintaining project status and conducting updates with client representatives. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall performance of field personnel on the project/job.
Project Set- up
- Assist in site walk-downs and site reviews.
- Assist in preparing estimate and bid to client.
- Assist in the review and definition of project/job work scopes.
- Identify and plan for project/job specific safety items.
- Secure and review A&E drawings and RFI construction scopes
- Create project schedule and coordinate field personnel assignment.
- Identify and define client deliverables and project closeout requirements.
- Review and verify material requirements for project/job.
- Create procurement requests for Purchasing of materials for project/job.
- Identify and specify tools and equipment required for project/job.
- Secure and verify correct job site address, directions, access and contact information.
- Where applicable, review and identify scope of subcontractor construction work for project/job.
- Where applicable, prepare and submit subcontractor bid packages: site notes, pictures, construction and engineering drawings and information.
- Where applicable, review subcontractor bid responses and assist in awarding jobs to subcontractors.
- Verify project/job materials have been received.
- Schedule and conduct initial site walk downs and project review with field personnel.
- Coordinate project/job construction scopes and schedule with client.
- Contact building/site owner to schedule access.
- Coordinate and issue project/job work scopes and material lists to field personnel.
- Coordinate release and delivery of job site tools, equipment and materials.
- Schedule any non-company job construction/preparation (electrical, eg if required).
- Coordinate project/job construction scopes and schedule with subcontractor(s).
- Review and verify work order requests with field personnel and client.
- Update and supply revised engineering and construction changes as needed.
- Conduct daily / weekly updates and meetings with client.
- Conduct daily / weekly update of project completion status, WIP and schedule.
- Prepare weekly update reports for internal project review.
- Review and prepare As Built / Redline drawings.
- Prepare and verify that client deliverable package is complete and accurate.
- Review and schedule job closeouts, punch-list item completion and final walk-down.
- Reconcile actual site construction work with subcontractor invoice.
- Verify any unused material is returned to company warehouse.
- Verify all tools and equipment issued to project/job are returned to company warehouse.
- Conduct final site labor and material reconciliation review with General Manager.
- Prepare client billing and invoice with contracts and project documentation.
Communication & Documentation
- Communicate with client on project status, schedule and updates
Scheduling & Dispatch
- Contact techs via Email or Voicemail for Dispatch
- Schedule Technicians and Subcontractors for all installation/project work
- Assist in the evaluation of field personnel
- Assist in the training of field personnel on project/job work scopes.
- Review employee expense reports
- Review employee payroll
- Review employee PTO requests and impact on schedule
Health and Safety
- Read, understand and implement the Health and Safety Plan
- Assure that all field technicians abide and adhere to the Health and Safety Plan.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5 + years of Project Management Experience.
- Ability to read/interpret and/or prepare As Built/Redline drawings.
- Ability to read/interpret A&E drawings and RFI construction scopes.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task
- Security & AV management experience a plus
- OSHA Certified a plus
- Microsoft Project a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits including Health Plan & 401(K).