PeaceHealth Employee Reviews in United States

No Loyalty to Strong Employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 17, 2016
PeaceHealth destroyed the sense of a tight knit community when taking over Southwest Washington Medical Center. Many strong leaders were kicked to the curb with PH showing no loyalty to hard working managers who bent over backwards for this organization. In the time since I quit two years ago, I have heard even more leaders getting this same treatment, and a huge turnover in senior leadership has yet again led to mass firings and layoffs and a complete change in philosophy. Sounds like they are angling for another merger either with CHI or Providence. Either way, I wouldn't recommend working with a company who has leadership who shows no loyalty to the leaders who really run those facilities and care very little for their employees. And God forbid you challenge the leadership, that is the quickest way out the door. Think about working for a bunch of politicians who smile in your face and stab you in the back. That is what it was like from the time they slapped the logo for PeaceHealth on the sign. Such a disgrace... Mother Joseph is rolling over in her grave.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits really good, employees under director level work very hard
Cons
Total Incompetence in leadership and managers cant pick up the slack
Nice place to work
Medical Staff Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day was very challenging. Everyone I worked was was nice. I did not receive a raise as promised. I felt I got thrown into tasks I wasn't ready for yet.
Excellent company.
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 8, 2016
Working the night shift, I would typically be responsible for 3 to 5 telemetry, stroke or surgical patients. In addition, as NTL I would supervise two other RN's and CNA's. Working on a Clinical Decision Unit we would have high turn over with multiple admits and discharges. If PCU was full we would accept their patients. The hardest and most rewarding part of my job was to provide excellent care for my patients while supervising my co- workers activities. What I learned, was that the art of collaboration while maintaining a positive team atmosphere, created positive patient outcomes.
Pros
Great co-workers, supportive management
Cons
Challenging staffing/patient ratios and conditions.
Dysfunction environment, poor, unqualified managment, abusive work environment
Polysomnographic Technician (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAMarch 7, 2016
This company is known for a heavy admin staff and treating the support staff poorly. The admin is not supportive of a functional patient care environment. Managers use threats and intimidation tactics on employees and create unrealistic expectations on already under staffed departments. Managers treat the physicians with little respect and are allowed to speak poorly of these physicians to the support staff. The only positive about this job are the patients and the opportunity to help make an impact in our community.
Pros
Close to home. Patient care. Love the people!
Cons
Poor management, inconsistent rules and policies, dysfunctional abusive environment
Peace Health has very good mission values
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALMay 21, 2016
ED needed security and they reviewed the need.
They eventually will secure a guard.
Management has reviewed the need for a staffing specialist and will implement it. One of the ideas was to have the staffing office 1 1/2 hours away review and direct staffing.
As a hospital on the coast of Oregon it is very hard to get and maintain adequate staffing as the census is labile. The hospital is reviewing its incentives for staff to commute from other areas.
Pros
The only hospital in an hour commute either direction
Great people ..wasted by poor management
sleep lab tech (Former Employee) –  bellingham waFebruary 27, 2015
this organization uses catholic compassion and care as a facade for its corporate machine. Good staff and great care from employee base treated like beasts of burden by management. Value is placed on management being able to suppress salary while exploiting employee compassion for patient care. No recognition for hard work or comittment but generous bonuses for those that keep employees undervalued. Constant diminishing benefits and wages. Industry low wages scale with minimal increases. Soul selling managers that must commit to placing bonus potential over any other concern. The Walmart of healthcare. Far and away the worst or the worst. Any positive news from peace health is a direct result of the caregivers who work despite the deck stacked against them
Pros
good employee base
Cons
low pay, anti union, anti advancement, eroding benefits
Busy place good co workers
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMay 5, 2016
I worked at peace health for externship out of school and hired as an on call medical assistant . I was able to get my foot in the door and was retained thankfully after reduction in force so they are good in terms of if your provider leaves retaining you internally in different department . If you are good at your job and work hard they do try their best to help you out
Pros
Good co workers ( depends on the person obviously )
Cons
Pay increases are small
Save Yourself
Behavioral Health Care Mgmt (Current Employee) –  PeaceHealthAugust 26, 2015
The benefits are terrible, the training is worse. You will be DISAPPOINTED! I am already looking for a job after just 5 months of employment.
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
The benefits are offensive and outrageous no matter how you slice it
Challenging and dynamic
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 13, 2016
Anything can come up and you find yourself doing a lot of different things. Training for staff that want to learn positions. Management was not good at communicating with staff.
Pros
learned a lot of marketable skills
Cons
minimal leadership
My co-workers were like family to me.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WashingtonAugust 7, 2015
I worked at Center for Seniors Health through Peacehealth, and it was a fun and warming place to work. They are very friendly and family oriented.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
unknown
It's important to have informed co-workers
Epic CPOE Trainer and Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 12, 2016
My co-workers on this project actually refreshed me on lots of small details. Those little refreshers became instruments of progress.
Horriable sucks ceo is witch with a capital b
CNA 2 (Former Employee) –  Florence, ORDecember 18, 2015
Worst place ever they fire people on christmas dont care at all they are fake dont care about patients at all .If you want get a mrsa then go there cause you will get it they are dirty they dont wash there hands they give wrong medication you dont get brakes they overwork you nurses are rude managers are horriable there cold hearted they are not catholic by any means they do not carry the healing mission of jesus christ and treat each person in a loving caring way they talk bad about there patients all the time there the worst caregivers ever.Please do not go to peace health it is the worst HOSPITAL ever .
Terrible place to work
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 20, 2015
It's sad. I went into my career with PH with an "I want to help people, even if it is indirectly" attitude. Sure it was a position that offered nice pay and great benefits but I believed in their mission and it felt nice for about 6 months. Then they "restructured" and put in the SSC. I made the jump from IT to finance to go to Longview for a better environment only to be moved back to the SSC a year later. The SSC is awful. You take a lot of people and put them in a corporate setting, detached from what the hospital does and people they serve and you get the typical, mindless corporate employee. Upper management has high turnover and you get the feeling that the company is very lost and not nearly as viable as Legacy or other area hospitals. If you are so lucky to get a job at PH in December-February, don't get happy...you will likely be the one let go in September. Every year it is a cycle...hire on and fire within 6-8 months. If you are just out of college, you don't stand a chance if you are even able to get in at all. From my 4+ years there I saw what the mission and "patient care" really means to folks in facilities in our area. You have people that care a lot about patients in the hospitals and clinics and just as many that don't care to be there. Go to the SSC and the mission is lost. I get that a company needs to focus on $ and resources...but PH is getting it all wrong. I had to leave because I wanted something smaller and fosters a nicer environment.
Pros
Some very nice facilities. Some very nice, caring people.
Cons
Some terrible facilities that make Sea Mar look nice. Some awful people, particularly in upper management and the occasional grouch patient access rep.
Unpleasant place to work.
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORFebruary 1, 2013
I worked over 7 years in the lab. In the beginning it was a great place to work, but after they built the hospital it starting getting worse. They went way over budget and had to cut expensive somewhere. They started charging the employees to park at work; tiny raises. Profit sharing was out the window. I'm surprised they didn't stop buying coffee for the employees. I would still be working there if I hadn't decided to quit because of how they treat their employee's now. People have retired early and many have quit and moved on to other jobs. Just look how many jobs are opened with Peace Health; that's a very good sign right there.
Pros
free coffee.
Cons
the "bottom line" is more important then a friendly workplace environment.
productive and stressful
lab worker (Former Employee) –  Eugene,ORSeptember 26, 2014
company doesn't believe in promoting from within and will go to enormous lengths to hire less qualified/competent people. Benefits have been eroded substantially over the last few years with very little actual raises. Management is bloated and is stuck in neutral trying to make it look like they are helping. Contstantly working short staffed as a mode of operation.
Pros
fitness center on site, cafeteria, senior tech people well informed
Cons
short breaks, short staffing perpetually, management apathy
Peacehealth rocks!
EVS Tech I (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 16, 2015
I had a wonderful time working for Peacehealth. Although I worked every weekend for a year straight, it is the healthcare field and most should know that some weekends are required.
Pros
great hard working staff, caring management
Cons
work weekends, short staffed
Flexible schedule and supportive management
HRMS Analyst (permanent) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 12, 2016
I appreciated being able to come to work a little later in the morning as this improved my long commute. I also appreciated that my co-workers were supportive of my taking on some of their workload, and I was quickly productive.
Pros
Company supplemented cafeteria on site
Cons
The walk from my car in the parking lot to my desk took more than 10 minutes.
Everybody at PeaceHealth is treated with respect.
MO Adjuster/Workers Compensation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 15, 2012
PeaceHealth is a nonprofit Catholic Healthcare company. The culture of the company is lead by a mission statement and supported by the values of Respecting Individual Human Dignity and Worth, Stewardship, Collaboration and Social Justice. It's been a wonderful place to work for, unfortunately the Bellevue system office is moving to Vancouver, WA. I had hoped to retire with this company but have decided not to move to Vancouver.
Pros
excellent benefits, excellent people
Cons
moving the bellevue office to vancouver
poor management, hostile, much focus on company finances.
RN (Former Employee) –  Bellingham,WAMarch 23, 2014
As RN unit was very task oriented with nurses reporting missed tasks to management which results in discipline. Lots of hostility especially by micro manager in my dept. My unit was over the top stressful. Claims to be evidenced based, but if questioning reason for change in procedure be prepared to be considered insubordinate.
Pros
pay and benefits.
Cons
management gets christmas bonus, employees get hot chocolate and cookies if they have time to go get them.
Hospital nursing
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJuly 27, 2012
-caring for up to 5 pt per day
-opportunities for learning are vast
-management oversees most of the daily operations of the said floor, with collaboration from charge nurses.
-coworkers are awesome in collaborating and helping each other out.
-hardest part of the job is dealing with pt families
-very rewarding career
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
taking care of 5 pts can be overwhelming depending on the assignment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PeaceHealth. Our community is ready to answer.