PeaceHealth

PeaceHealth Employee Reviews

Temporary Job
Environmental Service Attendant (Current Employee), Eugene, ORApril 16, 2015
I still work here, but I do not like their procedures and safety methods. I have never been sicker in my life than when I started working here even with using proper PPE and washing my hand constantly.
Wonderful work environment
EVS Tech (Former Employee), Springfield, ORApril 8, 2015
Working for Peace Health was a very fun experiences. I loved working with the people there and everyone was so understanding. I loved the faked that we had a set time for breaks and set shift hours. It really made thing much easier.
Enjoyed co-workers
Phlebotomist IIl (Former Employee), longviewMarch 11, 2015
Pros: wages
Cons: does not follow union contract no breaks
I wish it was not taken over so many changes.Trying to get the union out.Work double shifts mandatory.Enjoyed all of my co workers.It is for profit so they try to cut corners.
Great people ..wasted by poor management
sleep lab tech (Former Employee), bellingham waFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good employee base
Cons: low pay, anti union, anti advancement, eroding benefits
this organization uses catholic compassion and care as a facade for its corporate machine. Good staff and great care from employee base treated like beasts of burden by management. Value is placed on management being able to suppress salary while exploiting employee compassion for patient care. No recognition for hard work or comittment but generous bonuses for those that keep employees undervalued. Constant diminishing benefits and wages. Industry low wages scale with minimal increases. Soul selling managers that must commit to placing bonus potential over any other concern. The Walmart of healthcare. Far and away the worst or the worst. Any positive news from peace health is a direct result of the caregivers who work despite the deck stacked against them
Ok place to work
Patient Access Specialist Anesthesia Clinic (Former Employee), Peacehealth/RivervbendJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: job security
Great group of gals to work with. Learn a great deal about people and how to manage my time. Very fast paced department, timelines to be met. Busy multi-phone lines to be answered and appointments scheduled.
One of my greatest career mistakes
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Longview, WaJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: loved my other coworkers
Cons: management
At first, I loved this place of employment. I came in as a contract employee, and I helped my coworkers with a transition from one software system to another. I really enjoyed that part of my job. I loved the people I worked with. I applied for a full time job at PeaceHealth, doing the exact same job. I got the job, and that's when it all changed.
My family lived a few hours away, so I had to stay in Longview for the week and then go home. I lived in hotels and sometimes, my car, if I could not afford the hotel. Management knew, but chose to ignore. That was ok, my choice. However, I got into a mild disagreement with a tech, and management made my tenure at PeaceHealth intolerable. Then, started to tell me I wasn't following protocol, even though they had seven months to correct my work, but no a soul bothered to train and correct during that time.
I suspect that, since I have a great deal of experience, they did not want to pay for that experience, so, the reason for the inexplicable turn in my fortune from being a great employee to not so much, even though I did not change anything.
It is also laughable that my manager told me I lacked compassion, when she knew I was living out of my car, but did nothing to help.
What I learned
Preceptor (Former Employee), Longview, WAOctober 28, 2014
I enjoyed learning from a terrific duo of MAs the skills to properly room patients, get full vitals, blood draws and a positive work enviornment.
Exciting business initiatives
Connect Support Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: the ability to work remotely
Cons: organizational instability
In this position I had the opportunity to develop a training curriculum for end users using Epic software in a healthcare environment. As well I got to participate in ground floor development of the departmental business plan and collaborated with team members to develop challenging and exciting business initiatives related to software implementation for our clients.
productive and stressful
lab worker (Former Employee), Eugene,ORSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: fitness center on site, cafeteria, senior tech people well informed
Cons: short breaks, short staffing perpetually, management apathy
company doesn't believe in promoting from within and will go to enormous lengths to hire less qualified/competent people. Benefits have been eroded substantially over the last few years with very little actual raises. Management is bloated and is stuck in neutral trying to make it look like they are helping. Contstantly working short staffed as a mode of operation.
Bellingham, Washington
None (Former Employee), Bellingham, WashingtonSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: good pay
I would like to work with Peace Health, I have applications in on the web, hoping to receive employment! I also know someone who is is the same area, the person has nine years in coding...I am sure it is a good environment to work in they pay well... I also know two people or three that work for PH! I have other good info but can't give it on the web as of yet...
Great place to work if under the right manager.
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee), Vancouver, WASeptember 13, 2014
As in all health care, current instability. Needs better leadership overall, especially on projects.
Compassionate environment
Executive Assistant-Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAAugust 15, 2014
I loved working for PeaceHealth. It was sad when their headquarters moved to Vancouver, WA from Bellevue, WA.
Excellent work environment
Authorization Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAAugust 13, 2014
I enjoyed working in this position. It entailed a fast paced, timely organization due to the nature of the prior authorizations.
I enjoyed my volunteer time at Peace Health in the Spiritual Care Office and also in the gift shop.
Volunteer-receptionist, cashier (Former Employee), Springfield, ORAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great lunch benefits
Cons: no cons
I was very impressed with the employees in the Spiritual Care Office and their dedication. I enjoyed working in the gift shop and met many wonderful people.
Culture is different
HIM (Current Employee), Bellingham, WAAugust 4, 2014
No room for growth, I have been applying for positions to improve myself for the last year.
Busy phones, never dull, team players
Financial Counselor - Customer Service (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: steady
Cons: wage rate
Have enjoyed my time at PeaceHealth, have been a floor financial counselor as well as customer service, handling mulitline phones, 50+ calls a day for 9 hospitals. Hours of work and work environment is excellent. The hardest part of the job is explaining to a patient why they have a bill for the amount that it is and how it got that way. The best part of the day is when a patient calls, unhappy, resolve their problem and then leave happy and tell you that 'you are an angel' This happens often to me. I love helping someone resolve their problem.
A good place to start
Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: extra perks from outside vendors (discounts at certain retailers)
Cons: sometimes you feel like you're being babysat instead of working at a job, overqualified for job since it doesn't require a degree.
The variety of work doesn't vary much from day to day in our department since various duties are segregated to the nth degree. Our manager doesn't always communicate very well. Most coworkers are easy to get along with.
Stressful, uninformed, under valued, lowest pay in the industry
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), VancouverJune 12, 2014
Pros: free cheap coffee, great individuals
Cons: under valued, under compensated, under informed
I was really excited about working for PeaceHealth in the beginning. Now, I can't wait to get away. The biggest raise you'll see is 2-3%, unless you leave you're department for a higher paying position. There is zero compensation for hard work and diligence. There is a huge lack of value for the staff. This Catholic organization doesn't even offer a Christmas party. The best you get is a Thanksgiving luncheon and maybe an ice cream party once a year that you may attend only during your unpaid 30 minute lunch break. We share a building with HP. It's often a huge slap in the face to be on the outside looking in on a company who goes out of its way to show appreciation for its staff.

The Epic project has been a nightmare, often resulting in staff being made to feel incompetent by management and patient care is suffering greatly. The culture is very hush-hush, with information purposely being withheld from staff and especially cross departmentally. Departments are encouraged to have adversarial relationships by management.

At least half of my team is openly seeking new employment outside of the company, myself included. If you're just looking to get your foot in the door at a medical firm, this might be decent first stop for you. If you're an experienced medical professional, you may want to keep looking elsewhere.
Fun, caring, organization with growth potential.
Desktop Analyst SR (Former Employee), Vancouver WashingtonMay 2, 2014
Peacehealth was a great place to work, my reasons for leaving were personal and do not reflect my opinion about Peacehealth.
Pleasant fast paced cardiology practice
Cardiology EP- LPN (Current Employee), bellingham-Cardiology practiceMay 1, 2014
Fast-paced busy cardiology practice with pleasant atmosphere, distinct challenges everyday as we treat a variety of cardiac patients.

1 2 3

About PeaceHealth

PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, – Read more

PeaceHealth Salaries