Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic Employee Reviews

Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2017
I have a great relationship with my manager. I love the physicians I work for.
I have had personal and professional problems and have had such support from the Human Resources Manager. I never had a HR dept in other places I have worked that showed they care.
Benefits are fair, and pay is great.
Pros
Management and doctors
Cons
very busy, but the day goes fast
Stressful, unproffesional and unstable work environment
Clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2016
I honestly don't know where to begin. I guess I could begin with the cut throat HR manager, Sandy Wilkinson. She is unprofessional and mean. Most employees are scared to approach her with any help and she is never on the employees side when it comes to problems with the management staff. If I had to describe the management staff in one word, it would be BULLY. This practice makes it a habit of taking it's over worked employees and sticking it to them, everyday. They try to convince you that you are getting a "job perk" but the perk is always disguised as another way to take advantage of their employees.

The physicians are wonderful but they are disconnected with management and their staff. There are lots of nice and fun coworkers but they are all worn down by bad and outdated management practices.

Should you receive an employment opportunity from the practice, run for your life. You will be treated better and make more money working at Chick-Fil-A.
Pros
Cons
management
My co-woker and I would go out after and have dinner.
Lead Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2016
I worked in Customer Service/ Call Center area. You take a lot of phone calls, making appointments for Orthopedic patients. Also appointments for Worker Comp. patients. I enjoyed working there.
Excellent doctors/surgeons horrible back office staff
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2016
I would not recommend this company as a place of employment. The doctor's are all excellent at what they do and they are wonderful people. The problem is the management in the back office. I have never met so many nasty acting people.
Pros
Fun doctors
Cons
Nasty acting staff, co workers, and managers
Diverse duties throughout the day
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2015
Meet with physicians before clinic, making sure all necessary materials/documents were in order for the day. Complete dictation on daily basis. Meet with attorneys, case managers regarding lien patients and/or WC patient appointments. Assist in clinic on daily basis, rooming of patients, ordering diagnostic testing when needed, remove staples/stitches, direct admit patients when needed.
Pros
More knowledgeable regarding medical field, orthopaedics and patient care. Enjoyed patient care the most.
Cons
Long hours, unrealistic expectations, staff not appreciated, very stressful working environment office politics
Productive organization to work
Floating Administrative Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2015
Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic great place to work
Great environment and morale
Comparable insurance packet
Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic has been an awesome company to learn orthopaedic working along side of the the top orthopaedic surgeons in the industry.
Pros
Great oppotunities
Cons
Benefit package
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
This company gives a great opportunity to learn the medical business and all of the administrative aspects that I needed for future advancement. The co workers and management team are awesome.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2015
The physicians in this practice are phenomenal. However their management staff and Human resources staff should be educated in leadership and how to treat employees with respect. The surgical centers management at the Peachtree street location doesn’t communicate with the OR staff and will not take accountability for their errors. The staff whispers amongst each other about other employees. Nothing is kept confidential that is brought to management and they share what you have said to them with other staff. The " good old boy" system is in practice with this management staff. The lower level human resources staff are biased against the employees when you report an issue due to their years of friendship with management. The health benefits are expensive and the plans are sub par. The only reason why some people stay is because they have had issues in their personal life and cant afford to quit but they want to. The other people there are keeping up the trouble and making the work day harder for those who wish they could afford to leave.
Pros
pay rate, no call ( but they want you to work some of your off days with no incentive pay)
Cons
The way management treats the staff
Very busy environment - Premier Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2015
Check schedule for 3 physicians, make sure records are received for second opinion appts and IME's.
I was fortunate to be trained by a wonderful co--worker. I learned a lot about patient care and how to triage patient phone calls.
Co-workers were team players, we helped one another.
The hardest part of my job was making physicians respond to questionnaires, after awhile I figured out a system that worked for all physicians.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with the patients. Comforting them when they were afraid of upcoming surgery, making them feel our team will take very good care of them. When they would come back in after surgery and give you a hug and say, "thank you". The patient interaction was the most enjoyable part of my job
Pros
My physicians trusted me and didn't micro manage.
Cons
PTO was reduced
Busy yet productive work environment
FRONT DESK COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2015
I learned a steady workflow for checking in patients, verifying insurance, and checking out patients. I did inventory and placed supply orders for the office. I created great relationships with patients and colleagues.
Absolutely loved this job!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2014
I was blessed with this job opportunity straight out of high school and stayed with this company for the next seven years of my life. I began at an entry level position and moved up the company ladder twice within my first 3 years. I originally started out in the scheduling dept. and later moved up to a front desk customer service position. Two years later I began my administrative career by assisting two of our surgeons while working out of two different satellite offices. With sadness, I resigned my position after seven years of employment because I was becoming a mother for the first time and could no longer commute. This company was large, efficient, productive, and helped mold my work ethic, skills, and abilities in such a way that helped me become the professional I pride myself on today. My experience there taught me so much about myself, and even set a standard view for me of how a company could and should operate for its customers and employees. I will never forget this job experience.
Cons
None.
nice company to work for
Orthopedic Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2014
Staff members are helpful, friendly, easy to get along with. Management will work with you to resolve problems or concerns. Enjoy interacting with coworkers. Sometimes difficult to get in touch with management
Pros
benefits/helpful coworkers
Cons
employee contribution for healthcare
Great Company with Excellent Physicians
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAOctober 7, 2012
Dedicated physicians that are committed to the well being of the patients
Run! They lure you with Good Pay but the morale is beyond LOW!
Billing representative (Former Employee) –  AtlantaApril 8, 2012
I worked in the billing department and it was horrible. The manager was a first time manager after they demoted 2 previous billing managers who (last I checked) still work there. The billing manager and CFO are highly unqualified and A/R shows it.
Pros
free lunches, free sports tickets
Cons
if the billing department is sub par, they usually fire the last hired employee.
Big practice/busy
REFERRAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2012
Several locations. Big practice. Nice people. Great benefits
Quarterly Town Hall meetings conducted by CEO.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2011
Meetings were very informative to keep employees abreast of the upcoming events/issues/expectations of the company.
Pros
monthly raffles
Cons
overall morale