Peak 10, Inc. Employee Reviews

Peak 10 Employment Summary
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2016
Peak 10 was a Managed Service company providing hundreds of clients with local storage and self management of their environments separated from their offices, remote hands on management of their environments for those with no IT staff.

I learned a lot about how Data Centers functioned with regard to power requirements, heating and cooling and inter-network connectivity. I was exposed to a number of new technologies I had not previously seen, but with such a large customer base I was well out of my comfort zone, not able to reach a level of expertise with these technologies I believed would be most beneficial to the customer or to myself, and was unable to mold supported environments to meet what my experience suggested they should be.

While this was a technical support/managed services organization, their primary goal was sales of their services, both for new clients and to renew/upgrade existing clients. Many co-workers and myself were regularly expected to be salesmen, an aspect of the position with which I had no experience and resulting in my inability to find success. Competition was fierce and many co-workers were not receptive to cooperation and/or sharing of knowledge and experience in their respective roles.
Pros
Comfortable physical environment and good relationships with NOC personnel
Cons
I am not a salesman and found that aspect of my role undesireable
Productive and very fun place to work, however the lack of communication, and interaction from management is their downfall. To segregated.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2016
Very fun place to work, typical day was to post daily wires, credit card payments, Lockbox payments, complete daily spreadsheets, process credit/debit write offs. Assist customers with invoicing, acct questions. Learned various ways to complete excel spreadsheets, various reports, and general ledgers. Management was very interactive, and non commutative with their employees. Very segregated from each other. My co-workers were very friendly and outgoing. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management to be on one accord. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the option to work from home sometimes, and our team building functions. Being able to actually talk to the CEO as a person and the way he treated all of the employees not just as a number, but having a trustworthy relationship with him.
Pros
Free lunches, Team Building activitives, Workout/Yoga classes daily
Cons
lack of communication with upper management
Pretty good
Sr. Infrastructure Hosting Engineer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2015
Not bad, good culture, not sure what its like now. Was there several years ago. Im sure many changes have take place. They renovated the office. Good managers.
Stay away !!!
VP of Operations / Sr. Cloud Architect (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 1, 2015
This is a company that has a management team that is out of touch with reality. In my brief time there, I witnessed an unhealthy culture based on upper-management for lack of a better word bullying to get people to do their job. The only problem with that is, upper management didn't possess the knowledge of how to create high performing teams and felt bullying would make things happen. This company will never break out of the small business category for this reason alone.
Pros
Cons
Upper management's style of dealing with employees
Review
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2015
Wonderful Company !!! Great Leadership Team. Balanced Work/Life Balance. Flexible Hours. Very helpful team members, and supportive when sick or need to go on a vacation. I learned that culture is what people make it. The most enjoyable part of the job is when your boss acknowledges your work efforts.
Pros
Great Management & Balanced Work/Life Balance
Stay AWAY !!!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 21, 2014
This is the absolute worst company I've ever worked for. Glad I'm no longer there.
Pros
Cons
Upper Mgmt.
It's all about the customer
Regional Services Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2012
Customer satisfaction is the most important thing no matter what it takes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak 10, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8