Peak Campus Employee Reviews

Work where you live!
Part Time Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 28, 2016
It definitely takes awhile to get used to this job, but once you get in the hang of it gets to be enjoyable. There was a lack of training at first, but I think that's due to the constant turn around. Sometimes I think this job just goes through a ton of reinforcing loops and if you can just find where that starts you will be able to have a higher retention rate amongst employees.
My managers are great, and the benefits are pretty good. But you definitely need to be a people person.
No Help
Tech/Supervsior (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 22, 2016
Maintenance comes 2nd to whatever goes on in the office. Worked there for 2 years. Out of the 2 years I worked there, I'd say roughly I was the only one there for 9-10 months. Imagine being on call that long. 24/7. Property Manager expects you to get everything done involving the maintenance department by yourself. She complains she has no life when she has two other managers below her and 6+ leasing staff working. Not a lot gets appreciated. Hardly a thank you. The job itself isn't bad. Has its busy times and slow times(more busy times when you are by yourself.) Everything that I relayed to the manager was second guessed and she had to call another source to confirm what I was saying was true. Was there by myself as the tech for awhile until they hired a supervisor. He ended up quitting(what a surprise this was the 3rd one I had.) Promoted me to Supervisor. Which was cool and I was thankful but thought I had earned it. Pay was to be increased 3 dollars immediately and another 3 when I got my training. Whatever that was suppose to be. Got my initial 3 dollar raise, not immediately but was given after I said something. Worked probably another 2 months until my last day without receiving the other pay increase. Nonetheless I worked my tail off for the company and didn't feel I was appreciated. At one time was told by the manager "when I call, you answer!" Like I'm a slave or something. This is student housing so prepare yourself if wanting to take this job. Big properties with HUGE turnover rates, all at one time. Worked roughly 170 hours last years turn(2 weeks) Basically, Management(Property  more... Manager/Regional Manager) and corporate are only concerned what happens in the offices in their company. Maintenance is only an issue when they feel things aren't getting done or they feel that there is a "problem."  less
Pros
Air Conditioned Shop
Cons
No appreciation
Horrible management
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 25, 2016
This is probably the worst job I have ever had. Never in my life have I worked for such curle people. The management constantly attacked and ridiculed the leasing consultants. We literally had 4 people (including myself) quit in the span of one month because of the horrible management. Save yourself the stress and find somewhere that will treat you with respect and dignity.
Great company, with great employees!
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Peak Campus is a great company to work for if you want to work part-time while being a student, or if you want to advance with your career full-time at a fast pace.
Most horrible place I have ever worked!!!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 3, 2016
I worked at The Grand briefly. No one trained, no woman helped me unless I begged for someone to even show me how to do the smallest things. The management changed ruled and constantly showed not only certain employees but certain residence different than others. I would never go back!
Pros
The pay
Fun workplace and nice coworkers
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 22, 2016
Very fun and laid back environment. Happy to go to work each day and very relaxed. I enjoy the management, they treat us with respect and make it know that us leasing consultants matter.
Fun and active place to work.
PT Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2016
As of right now the days go by slow, due to weather and students getting ready for mid-terms. My leasing manager does a great job in helping out with daily tasks and my co-workers are great to work with as well as having conversations with.
Pros
Free food, free promotional items, great and flexible schedules
Cons
compensation
Overall, a BAD experience!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisJuly 25, 2015
This company is the most unethical company in the portfolio of property management companies. They will overwork you, underpay you and your work will go unappreciated. This is the cheapest company I've ever worked for. Their properties are dirty and filled with rude people. You will move up the ladder if you kiss up and LOVE being micromanaged. They make college students sign leases without being screened and/or being approved. If the student cannot find a guarantor, they are still obligated to pay the lease in full. I don't plan on staying!
Pros
Opportunities for Advancements, Benefits
Cons
Training, Pay, Unorganized, Unethical, Stressful
Great Company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 17, 2016
Its really great place to work and grow if your looking to start a job in the Property Mgmt this is great company to grow within, and advancement placement
Pros
Friendly
Cons
pay rate
Being a leasing consultant
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 27, 2016
I absolutely loved working here. Such a beautiful way to start a career in real estate and meet so many great people. This job has taught me how to challenge my professionalism, and really understand the basics of leasing. The hardest part of the job for me was learning how to do a tour for new prospects. By far the best job I have ever had.
Pros
meeting so many different cultures and people
Cons
no cons
Job duties.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louus,MoMay 12, 2015
A maintenance Supervisor is just that a Supervisor. I would never consider working for you as a Supervisor when you want me to be a technician also.
You can't get two job descriptions performed for the price of one....shame on you.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad Management. Clique environment.
Needs Work
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 2, 2015
Its a pretty ok place to work. It needs to improve the dedication to employees and improve compensation rates. Other than that its a pretty relaxed atmosphere.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, compensation
Horrible Place to work for! They do not care about employees at all!
Full Time Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 2, 2016
I was a leasing consultant for peak campus, specifically station at five points, in Columbia SC. The management is absolutely horrible. They are all liars despicable human beings. They do not care one bit about their employees and will throw you under the bus if their apartment is not leasing. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS COMPANY. It is infiltrated with people who are despicable. I have never seen such horrible management in my life. I was underpaid and disrespected by the property manager who is CLUELESS about what he is doing.
Cliquish
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2013
If you did not fit into the mold of who your boss expected, then you were not given any chance to prove yourself, especially if you were not their first choice to run the property.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
most expensive in town with no specials offered to keep competitive in mkt
Great Place to Work!!
Assistant Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 7, 2016
Peak is a great place to work. A lot growth opportunities. Focus on student housing, and customer service oriented. Love it!!!
Productive and rewarding organization
PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 3, 2016
Peak Campus is the best. There are numerous opportunities for growth. Employees are valued and customer service is a top priority.
Inconsistent Management for years!
Leasing (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 27, 2015
Spring Place has lost it's focus on what it takes to be a great property. They go through managers like there is no tomorrow because they either hire someone who is unfit for the job or treat them poorly when hired. Unless you're from corporate your opinions or ideas don't matter and half most of the timr they don't even know how to do their job. You can excel at everything there is to do there and still get fired for not having the right "mindset". Overall you'll be overworked and underpaid. In 3 years they've gone through 5 leasing managers, 3 assistant managers, and 6 property managers! This is not the place to start or grow but instead to end your career or settle for less. They don't care about the staff nor residents and are desperate to keep their numbers up because that's all they care about. You'll probably still apply cause you need a job but don't consider yourself lucky if you get the position. You'll just be the next one to bite the dust.
Pros
It's a job, Location, Some staff
Cons
Management, Corporate, Pay
Negative work environment
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 19, 2014
Horrible place to work! The management staff is clearly overworked and they take their frustrations out on the leasing consultants. There is poor communication between corporate management and the managers onsite. The people you will work with are rude too. The property has had several 3rd party management companies which may contribute to the overall hostile working environment. This is a sink or swim type job. You will not be trained and you will not be given "constructive criticism" when you make a mistake. You will be belittled, chided, and subsequently you will be written up.

The residents feel the same way about management. They hate the management team and they will not hesitate to tell you. The company will offer gift cards to the residents, but make the residents jump through hoops just to get the gift cards. If the residents would like to speak to a manager, the managers will tell you to give them their email address, which isn't a bad idea but the residents normally feel blown off. The residents complain daily about the A/Cs, washer and dryers, and the cleanliness of the apartment. The model apartment looks great, but the actual apartments look nothing like the model.

This job can be fun and flexible. It is busy and fast paced. It is a good opportunity to earn some extra money and get cool merchandise (i.e. t-shirts, sunglasses, snacks, events) but the negative, unorganized work environment is enough to make you think about quitting everyday.

If you apply to work there, you've been warned.
Pros
Free stuff, compensation, fun events
Cons
rude managment, gossiping co-workers, poor communication, unorganized
property manager and management horrible people
maintenance tech/supervisor (Former Employee) –  lawrence,ksJuly 18, 2015
the job is ok but the management is horrible!!property manager is going through a mid-life crisis and will throw you under the bus to save $$$$$,I stared as a maintenance tech. then took like supervisor position only because she was set to leave to another property only to mine and the rest of the staff's dismay she stayed.Hostile work environment and too much like a facebook status..To any maintenance person in the Lawrence,KS area do not apply at Legends Place apartments!!!!you have been warned,you might like it for a few weeks until the wool is pulled from your eyes
Pros
pud work/pool eye candy
Cons
hostile work enviornment, lies, and overworked
Each day is a different day
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 18, 2016
No two days are the same. Each day has its own set of tasks and responsibilities that keep the workplace moving all day long, it's definitely a fast paced environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak Campus. Our community is ready to answer.