Peak Campus Employee Reviews

You are worth more than this company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILDecember 14, 2017
I have held 3 positions with this company ranging from a leasing consultant to a managerial position. I'm consistently stressed from this company because there is always so much turnover, under trained managers, new policy updates, the ownership of the actual buildings have far too much say in the management company including our bogus low salaries, the lack of improvement on property, and my personal favorite the incessantly rude residents/guarantors. Of the three on-site bosses I had while working with this company only one made an effort to properly train, positively manage, and provide encouragement and thanks when applicable. The other two made work attrociuos and acted as if Peak is the only thing that matters. Work-Home life balance does not exist with this company, you are expected to be at their beckon call and always available. The fact that the location I worked was open on holidays and Sundays is awful. Let the employees rest since no one actually will come lease an apartment. The apartments themselves are over-priced so the quality of the product to be sold has seen far better days. Payment is beyond terrible. Minimum wage and close to it for all employees. My first raise was 13 cents which I initially thought was a joke. Even as a manager I am making less money than is the liveable amount for the state I live in. There are always events in the office that include free food so instead of properly treating the employees we are just given some fattening food every so often that is leftover from residential events. Don't waste your time with this company, if you are  more... truly interested in housing seek prime real estate opportunities or at least residential housing. This company will have you questioning your personal value.  less
Pros
free food
Cons
pay, benefits, managers, corporate, gracehill
Balanced
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 14, 2017
A typical day at Peak is very busy and tiresome, but I enjoy working hard and solving problems and Peak Campus give you the tools that are needed to get the job done
It's Fun Some Days and Horrible Others
Part-Time Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 3, 2017
It was always an iffy situation as soon as you walk in the doors each day. Other staff members at my location were awful and you're with them so much if you don't get along with them that's too bad. If you're not obsessed with Peak Campus they WILL let you go.
Fun Place
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 27, 2017
It was a fun place to work. Not trained properly. Being told by one person what to do and then being told by someone something different. Lack of communication. Being young and going to work everyday and including weekends never calling is an advantage!! No one last long there. It could have been a cool and fun place if they will learn how to be a team player. There is NO I IN TEAM! REMEMBER THAT ON YOUR TRAINING modulars????????????
Pros
The pay is ok.
Cons
No help. Lack of communication and training
n/a
Apartment Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 14, 2017
Cool place to work
Nice people
Not so nice tenants
Managers are pretty cool
I feel as though I can accomplish more somewhere else
Pay could be better in my opinion
Fun and productive workplace
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 2, 2017
I love working here, the employees are hard-working and very helpful. An easygoing company and fun to work for. I learned a lot about leasing and marketing while working here. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude prospects/residents.
Pros
positive workplace
Cons
not enough hours
Peak Campus
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 11, 2017
Pretty good company to work for in all ways except when your property isn't doing as well the owners will come to belittle you and completely give up instead of trying to help THEIR people be successful.
Amazing Job Environment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAApril 7, 2017
A typical day begins with us following up with potential residents. A day at work is fast paced and the employees are great. The most enjoyable part of the day is the staff, hardest part is trying to keep ALL residents happy
Great company, with great employees!
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Peak Campus is a great company to work for if you want to work part-time while being a student, or if you want to advance with your career full-time at a fast pace.
Very productive and over all a great company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 2, 2017
Peak is the best company I have ever worked for. They value their employees & do whatever it takes to keep the culture a family vibe. The compensation is amazing, and there is plenty of opportunity for growth.
Pros
Places around the country to move to
Work where you live!
Part Time Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 28, 2016
It definitely takes awhile to get used to this job, but once you get in the hang of it gets to be enjoyable. There was a lack of training at first, but I think that's due to the constant turn around. Sometimes I think this job just goes through a ton of reinforcing loops and if you can just find where that starts you will be able to have a higher retention rate amongst employees.
My managers are great, and the benefits are pretty good. But you definitely need to be a people person.
Fun workplace and nice coworkers
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 22, 2016
Very fun and laid back environment. Happy to go to work each day and very relaxed. I enjoy the management, they treat us with respect and make it know that us leasing consultants matter.
Horrible management
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 25, 2016
This is probably the worst job I have ever had. Never in my life have I worked for such curle people. The management constantly attacked and ridiculed the leasing consultants. We literally had 4 people (including myself) quit in the span of one month because of the horrible management. Save yourself the stress and find somewhere that will treat you with respect and dignity.
Most horrible place I have ever worked!!!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 3, 2016
I worked at The Grand briefly. No one trained, no woman helped me unless I begged for someone to even show me how to do the smallest things. The management changed ruled and constantly showed not only certain employees but certain residence different than others. I would never go back!
Pros
The pay
Great Company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 17, 2016
Its really great place to work and grow if your looking to start a job in the Property Mgmt this is great company to grow within, and advancement placement
Pros
Friendly
Cons
pay rate
Being a leasing consultant
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 27, 2016
I absolutely loved working here. Such a beautiful way to start a career in real estate and meet so many great people. This job has taught me how to challenge my professionalism, and really understand the basics of leasing. The hardest part of the job for me was learning how to do a tour for new prospects. By far the best job I have ever had.
Pros
meeting so many different cultures and people
Cons
no cons
Great Place to Work!!
Assistant Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 7, 2016
Peak is a great place to work. A lot growth opportunities. Focus on student housing, and customer service oriented. Love it!!!
Productive and rewarding organization
PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 3, 2016
Peak Campus is the best. There are numerous opportunities for growth. Employees are valued and customer service is a top priority.
Fun and active place to work.
PT Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2016
As of right now the days go by slow, due to weather and students getting ready for mid-terms. My leasing manager does a great job in helping out with daily tasks and my co-workers are great to work with as well as having conversations with.
Pros
Free food, free promotional items, great and flexible schedules
Cons
compensation
Horrible Place to work for! They do not care about employees at all!
Full Time Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 2, 2016
I was a leasing consultant for peak campus, specifically station at five points, in Columbia SC. The management is absolutely horrible. They are all liars despicable human beings. They do not care one bit about their employees and will throw you under the bus if their apartment is not leasing. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS COMPANY. It is infiltrated with people who are despicable. I have never seen such horrible management in my life. I was underpaid and disrespected by the property manager who is CLUELESS about what he is doing.