Peak Health Solutions

Peak Health Solutions Employee Reviews

Pay is good.
HCC Risk Management Coding (Former Employee), Remote/HomeApril 16, 2015
Pros: Pay is good
Cons: short term
Not much to say because I worked as a contract HCC coder. My contract agent was supportive, all communications were done through telephone.
Working independently
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), Roswell, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Scanned in and uploaded medical charts. The hardest part of this job is that they did not give enough hours...............
Unprofessional and unstable
Outreach Member Agent (Former Employee), Roswell, GAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: there was no pros.
This job had NO structure, Management was NOT good at all, the employees wasn't heard, understood and opinions did NOT matter. There was Lack of Work, I was hired as a full time employee but was laid off due to lack of work and management kept the employees that were their favorites and even the employees that are still there if they had their choice they wouldn't be.
Production
Member Outreach Agent (Current Employee), Roswell, GAJanuary 29, 2015
I work 8-430 monday through friday
i have learned how to be patient with my members
Management has a open door policy and is productive with addressing issues
my coworkers are productive as well
the hardest part is correcting someone elses wrongs but we are a team and work together
Being able to laugh
Left hand has no idea what right hand is doing.
Field provider (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free use of company-supplied equipment
Cons: management and hr seem to have no clue
I was brought on board to do field work, and was very enthusiastic at first - until it dawned on me that there were no less than 4 people involved in the hiring process and none of them seemed to know what any of the others had already done. I must have signed the same papers two or three times for different people.

I did two days' training which only lasted about 12 hours. I'd never used an iPad before, but was expected to learn how in a couple of hours. I also live some distance away from the Portland metro area, and mentioned that it would be nice to have a place to stay during the work week; after that people stopped answering my emails, and I was pretty much got rid of without being given any reason. Also, my termination letter wasn't sent to me until two weeks after being written. So much for a "30-day appeal period".

The people at Peak all seem to be in their 20s and early 30s, and they mostly ARE very nice people, but they didn't bother telling me I'd be working hours away from home until after I'd accepted the job offer.
Peak Health Solutions
Call Center Team Lead (Current Employee), Roswell, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: environment not stable
Peak Health is a fairly new call center that has peak times during the summer and spring and slow times in the winter. I learned how to manage a call center with 30 employees and maintain the workflow. The work environment is more or less like a family. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the people in the field have consistent work each day. The most enjoyable part is meeting the required metrics and being rewarded.
In flux and not knowing where you stand
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee), Roswell, GADecember 7, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: to many uncertainties
Company seems to always be in flux as to where they are locating corporate offices and shared services. Finance department has been relocated twice in the past two years without communication of reasons.
Co-workers in shared service departments have great working relationships with each other and view each department as important to the overall company structure.
The hardest part of my job has been finding a work life balance because of all the various projects that are concurrent with daily activities. Staffing issues and manual processes have enhanced the difficulties of finding a work life balance.
Management does not communicate well as to the overall goals and structure of the company.
Compensation is okay if my job didn't consist of working 60 to 80 hours a week.
The most enjoyable part of my job is there is always a challenge in front of me and that is what makes me strive to keep going.
home health assessments
Independent Consultant- Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), woodlands TXNovember 29, 2014
4-5 patients a day
enjoyed seeing the different patients every day
consistantly busy
HCC Coder (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 17, 2014
Keeps employees informed, wit up and coming changes made within the projects.
Worst Coding Position in My Career
Dual ICD-9/ICD-10 coder (Former Employee), Lutz, FLMay 7, 2014
Pros: nice web site
Cons: just about everything else
My tenure at Peak lasted approximately six weeks. I was inadequately trained. Most, if not all, of the training materials I was supplied with had at least one error or discrepancy. I had to learn the GE Obstetrics/Newborn EMR software on my own. I never received any information on their auditing process prior to my first audit. When I reviewed the results of my first audit I discovered that, in my opinion, they do not strictly follow official coding guidelines. Although hired as a dual ICD-9/ICD-10 coder, I received absolutely no feedback on my I-10 coding. They do not subscribe to Coding Clinic. The encoder, admittedly supplied by the client hospital chain, was defective. It was one problem after another. A red flag was raised when I noticed one of the answers to their pre-employment coding test was incorrect. I chose to overlook that problem. Now, I wish I had.
Traveling Medical Records Tech
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: getting to go to different areas of the state and meeting new people
Cons: i was gone away from home mon-fri and away from family
Traveled all through the the state of Alabama going to different medical providers obtaining information for a BCBS/Medicare audit.
Energetic work enviroment
Medical Scheduler Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 25, 2013
My day will start by having a short meeting with my co-workers to pin point deadlines in our projects. We will have close communication and help each other as necessary. I learned that is a team player is an individual that cares for everybody's success and is willing to leave his/her comfort zone to reach the group's goals and expectations
Human Resources
HCC Medical Coder/Auditor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 24, 2013
HR was always so very helpful! Being a telecommute worker I didn't have the advantage to meet my co-workers, yet we chatted frequently about coding issues we may have had. Overall a nice com[any to work for.
good projet job
Medical Records Scan Tech (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 9, 2012
It was fun going to different offices every day. Unfortunately, the project ended, or I would still be with Peak