Peak Health Solutions Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Auditor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 4, 2017
I worked for a great manager. Training was provided and help was a phone call away. I traveled and the person who set that all up for me was very helpful also.
Not enough work in winter season
Outpatient and Ancillary Coder (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 26, 2017
Excellent communication with my coding supervisor and helping me to be relocate it in another contract position. Very happy to continue working with Peak.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
need better benefits.
Company culture the absolute worst I've experience in more than 15 years of diverse work background.
Provider/Call Center Agent -Temporary (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 1, 2017
Company is out of business in the atlanta area [for at least 3 years]. Hardly anyone remained in their employ that was capable of working elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Indulges in underpaying, manipulating hours, neglecting to issue checks; persistent workplace bullying and other EEOC violations.
contract position in San Diego
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 22, 2016
This was a contract position in San Diego. I did health risk assessments for medicare advantage patients in the county. I did travel/ contract positions for a few years out West before settling back on the East coast where I am from.
Management stinks
Coder (Current Employee) –  MidwestAugust 9, 2016
While co-workers are pleasant, management is awful. They tell you to do something new without complete instructions on how to do your job, then come down on you hard because you did it incorrectly or waited a long time for a response. The quota of work is ever increasing to the point your accuracy goes down, then are hard on you because you don't meet accuracy levels. I would never recommend anyone to work for Peak. They need to get managers who are a "people person", able to communicate with their workers and not crack whips all day.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Everything else
stressful
Outpatient Remote Coder (Current Employee) –  Sugar Loaf, NYJune 24, 2016
I never felt comfortable at Peak. I don't know if it was just me or if the fit was not there. Felt it was very stressful and at time threatening to my security there. Really think it was not a good fit for either Peak or myself.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
uncomfortable place to work for me
Good phone interactions with coworkers
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  CaleforniaApril 15, 2016
This is an online company so most interactions were done on the phone or emails. never see the CEO or any management personel
Pros
another project was available before one is completed
Cons
work everyday to ensure the required hours.
A wonderful group of folks to work for
Executive Assistant to the CEO and Sr. Team (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 2, 2015
The people at Peak are some of the finest people I have ever worked for or with. It is never a burden to "go to work" for me. A lot of things are in the development stage with a fast pace but that allows for much creativity and personal growth. I do not feel like I am being micro managed...ever...which is the type of environment I need to be happy at a job.
Pros
Freedom to work your job as you feel it should be worked
Cons
Sometimes things move very fast
Okay place to work
Manager of Call Center & Logistic Operations (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJuly 2, 2015
Unstable place to work. Never received a review nor was hard work appreciated. Everything is done very secretive, even when working in an upper management position. I feel they do not value those that worked for them.
Pros
HR & Accounting Staff
Cons
Ex-CEO
Great job with good management
Remote HIM Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2015
Very good training and great managers to work with. Lots of feedback and it is a learning environment. lots of different projects at once
Pay is good.
HCC Risk Management Coding (Former Employee) –  Remote/HomeApril 16, 2015
Not much to say because I worked as a contract HCC coder. My contract agent was supportive, all communications were done through telephone.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
short term
Working independently
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Scanned in and uploaded medical charts. The hardest part of this job is that they did not give enough hours...............
Unprofessional and unstable
Outreach Member Agent (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 29, 2015
This job had NO structure, Management was NOT good at all, the employees wasn't heard, understood and opinions did NOT matter. There was Lack of Work, I was hired as a full time employee but was laid off due to lack of work and management kept the employees that were their favorites and even the employees that are still there if they had their choice they wouldn't be.
Pros
There was NO Pros.
Production
Member Outreach Agent (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 29, 2015
I work 8-430 monday through friday
i have learned how to be patient with my members
Management has a open door policy and is productive with addressing issues
my coworkers are productive as well
the hardest part is correcting someone elses wrongs but we are a team and work together
Being able to laugh
Left hand has no idea what right hand is doing.
Field provider (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 17, 2015
I was brought on board to do field work, and was very enthusiastic at first - until it dawned on me that there were no less than 4 people involved in the hiring process and none of them seemed to know what any of the others had already done. I must have signed the same papers two or three times for different people.

I did two days' training which only lasted about 12 hours. I'd never used an iPad before, but was expected to learn how in a couple of hours. I also live some distance away from the Portland metro area, and mentioned that it would be nice to have a place to stay during the work week; after that people stopped answering my emails, and I was pretty much got rid of without being given any reason. Also, my termination letter wasn't sent to me until two weeks after being written. So much for a "30-day appeal period".

The people at Peak all seem to be in their 20s and early 30s, and they mostly ARE very nice people, but they didn't bother telling me I'd be working hours away from home until after I'd accepted the job offer.
Pros
Free use of company-supplied equipment
Cons
Management and HR seem to have no clue
Peak Health Solutions
Call Center Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Peak Health is a fairly new call center that has peak times during the summer and spring and slow times in the winter. I learned how to manage a call center with 30 employees and maintain the workflow. The work environment is more or less like a family. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the people in the field have consistent work each day. The most enjoyable part is meeting the required metrics and being rewarded.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Environment not stable
In flux and not knowing where you stand
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 7, 2014
Company seems to always be in flux as to where they are locating corporate offices and shared services. Finance department has been relocated twice in the past two years without communication of reasons.
Co-workers in shared service departments have great working relationships with each other and view each department as important to the overall company structure.
The hardest part of my job has been finding a work life balance because of all the various projects that are concurrent with daily activities. Staffing issues and manual processes have enhanced the difficulties of finding a work life balance.
Management does not communicate well as to the overall goals and structure of the company.
Compensation is okay if my job didn't consist of working 60 to 80 hours a week.
The most enjoyable part of my job is there is always a challenge in front of me and that is what makes me strive to keep going.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
To many uncertainties
home health assessments
Independent Consultant- Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  woodlands TXNovember 29, 2014
4-5 patients a day
enjoyed seeing the different patients every day
consistantly busy
HCC Coder (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 17, 2014
Keeps employees informed, wit up and coming changes made within the projects.
Worst Coding Position in My Career
Dual ICD-9/ICD-10 coder (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLMay 7, 2014
My tenure at Peak lasted approximately six weeks. I was inadequately trained. Most, if not all, of the training materials I was supplied with had at least one error or discrepancy. I had to learn the GE Obstetrics/Newborn EMR software on my own. I never received any information on their auditing process prior to my first audit. When I reviewed the results of my first audit I discovered that, in my opinion, they do not strictly follow official coding guidelines. Although hired as a dual ICD-9/ICD-10 coder, I received absolutely no feedback on my I-10 coding. They do not subscribe to Coding Clinic. The encoder, admittedly supplied by the client hospital chain, was defective. It was one problem after another. A red flag was raised when I noticed one of the answers to their pre-employment coding test was incorrect. I chose to overlook that problem. Now, I wish I had.
Pros
Nice web site
Cons
Just about everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak Health Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5