PEAK OILFIELD SERVICES Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Sorry I worked there
Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 19, 2017
Attempted to help out, by using own tools. DO NOT use own tools, under any circumstances!!!!!! Notified Managers about missing tools, nothing done about it. Wrote email to President, not even a common courtesy to respond. Such professionalism at its best.
Pros
Work alone often
Cons
Away from family a lot, Company CC maxed out continually.
great place to work.
Pipe Welder Helper (Former Employee) –  Kenai, AKAugust 15, 2017
I had a great time working for this establishment. I was a welder/fitter while working here and I enjoyed working in this environment tremendously. I would work here again.
Pros
north slope work
great
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Dilley, TXAugust 10, 2017
great place to work good employers, with great benefits. Job is not hard, great paced environment. Location being far from home otherwise good place of employment.
Cut my teeth in the oil field
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Cook Inlet, AKJune 23, 2017
Peak was my first oil field employer and I found them to be faithful and attentive to their employees needs often even going up against the client hiring their contract employees in the interest of safety and pay. I worked my way up from welders helper to Operator with them and also got my A.S. degree while working full time for them.
Pros
Kept us working in times of lean operations and were always fair
Cons
Being a contract employee you are first to go when oil prices drop
Productive and get the job done
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 9, 2017
Peak is a good place to work . U get ur hrs plus and the ppl are hard working. U have to be open minded ,willing to give ur all to work there. The bosses make sure the work is done . Its fast pace . They teach u as you go. Great work environment. You work late at time but the money is good. Let's put it this if u don't like hard work and long hrs it's not for u . But if u live money it is. It can get rough at times but it's well worth it. Just follow rules and directions to where tour location is and your good to go. Peak is a awesome job to have. Love it there.
Pros
Good health care and benifits
They are Okay
Roust/ Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nikiski, AKApril 25, 2017
Good work place. Fun, interactive, easy to get along. Fun learning environment, gained excellent knowledge of the trade. Employer takes care of his employees
fact"not"-Just opinion that Peak has the easiest, yet highest level job saftey and punctualality expectations all must set.
Welders Helper,-Roust- Rigger..grunt. (Former Employee) –  Baluga-granite point-nikiski shop.March 2, 2017
Ive obtained more than 3yrs w/peak. Welders hlp..riggn ..drll suppt etc. Not one time did i have or observe ONE conflict or otherwise unsafe act..they got resolved by fresh tsa minds and formen who could actually encourage.
Pros
Great environment all around workwise. Saftey really is in place.
Cons
Having to pay for cits card as well as t.w.i.c..450.00$
Good Company
Lead Facility Technician (BALL MILL Facility) (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99503January 14, 2017
Stable safe work environment, considering all the lay offs in the oil industry.
The management doesn't seem to handle relations as well as should be expected with the client.
fun place to work
Roustabout/Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKNovember 17, 2015
this was a good company to work for in Kenai all the way to north slope , they take care of their people good pay good benefits .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
breaks are good
good people
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dilley, TXNovember 5, 2015
I had a great experience working here. people were great and the environment was a relaxed one. everyone helped everyone.
good enviroment most friendly people
Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKOctober 30, 2015
managing employees hours and filling outfield tickets for job sites. having conference calls talking about what jobs have going and what up coming jobs there are. there are long hours having multiple phones calls at any hours of the day and night. learn a lot on management skills and sales experience. the best part of the job was getting out and meeting new people and traveling.
Great company to work for
AR Processor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 6, 2015
Great place to work management is awesome and very understanding in unexpected situations that life can bring. The office is a very comfortable place to work in.
Pros
Management buys breakfast from time to time to show apprication
Cons
No room to grow with the company
Great work environment got to see alot of country!
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Alderson, OKSeptember 29, 2015
I learned how to set up trailer houses, which were a lot easier then I expected them to be. I learned that just the littlest of thing could make a company man mad just as well as make them happy. I learned good people skill. Probably the hardest part of the job was when we went out in western Oklahoma we would drive up there by ourselves and have to drive back after a long day. The most enjoyable part was I got to see a lot of Oklahoma that I never knew existed.
Steady work, good pay, safety cultured environment
Roustabout (Current Employee) –  alaskaAugust 23, 2015
Have a limited time here but its all good so far!!Great co-workers that are allways looking out for me! The facility I work at has a high volume of clients and has a great system for maximum production!
Pros
safe working environment
Cons
job hazards
Best company I have worked for.
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Nikiski, AkasjaAugust 21, 2015
This is a great company with extremely competitive wages and benefits, good management, hands on bosses who are great on a personal and professional level.
Nice place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Frierson, LAJuly 5, 2015
Work atmosphere could be a little hectic, Typical management team. Co-workers were very pleasant. Leaning to forecast revenue within a certain percentage.
A lot of hours low pay
Rental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 19, 2015
Management is horrible! The upper management has no oilfield experience so they have no idea how to run the company. They are the lowest paying oilfield company they have a very high turnover rate. There is no way to move up in the company.
Pros
my branch was a small 7 man crew
Cons
no benefits for being on call.
fun place to work at
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 6, 2015
My typical work day starts by driving to location having a safety meeting and filling out a JSA "Job Safety Analasys". In the time I have worked for Peak Oilfield Services I learned to maintance and work on the mechanical issues that generators, light plants, and fan trailers had. Management was not a strong point at Peak. It seemed like they were always lost sending diffrent individuals to do the same job, or not sending anyone out to do a job that required to be done as soon as possible. Being away from home has to be the hardest part of my job, but with that I hadlearned to see my co-workers as friends and family. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be working out doors, allowing me to feel free and getting to enjoy the beauty of what lies outside four walls.
Pros
learned alot about the oil field
Cons
Work trucks always left me stranded
Great
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palmer, AK 99645June 1, 2015
Awesome place to work. It was a hard pacing worksite. But in the end it taught me more of I am capable of doing in the workforce. The clerical side of things, the company and how truly honored I was working with a big name in the oil/gas industry.
Pros
Helpful staff.
Cons
N/a
Certifed Welding Inspector
Certifed Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  Nikiski, AlaskaMay 18, 2015
Researching project requirements then verifying compliance. I've learned about Microsoft excel, R-stamp requirements and developed better communication skills both verbally and written. The management there is very easy to work with and understanding of personal issues. My co-workers were great to work with and eagerly shared knowledge with me. The hardest part of the job was having enough jobs going on to charge my time to. I enjoyed most about working at Peak was the respect everyone showed me as I went around performing my job.
Pros
excellent benefits and salary
Cons
Not enough work going on to keep people employed