Peak Systems Employee Reviews

unfair wages
Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2018
misleads employees to compensations, no reimbursements to data usage, high expectations with minimal instructions or out dated documentation at last minute requests, no health care benefits.
Ok place to work.
Systems Installer Blackberry Migration (Former Employee) –  All over New JerseyJanuary 25, 2018
It was a part time job with a lot of travel. Overall just average job. Many of the assignments where emailed to me. You had to very well versed in technology.
Pros
part time
Cons
too much travel.
Good Opportunity
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 15, 2018
Happy to work for Peak to extend my salary.

Varied assignments that you can pick and choose from.

Nice people to work with.

Helped make ends meet while work as a real estate agent.
Inconsistent, but Door Opening
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Peak Systems is a company that can and will put you into multitudes of places that need temp work or full time work to place. However, if there is no work available in your area, you will be offered jobs to travel to usually for temporary work. You are paid to travel on most jobs, and the contracts I worked under were all at minimum $20/hr.
Work opportunities, however, are inconsistent, and if you are in an area that does not require their services, you can be waiting for long periods of time for them to find work or you to do.
Pros
Learning Environment, Contact with other fields of business
Cons
Irregular work hours/places, infrequent contact
Good place to start in IT.
Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
The work is nice. There is contract work and there's not enough of it sometimes. Just become friends with one of the peak representatives and you can potentially get more jobs.
Pros
Working for yourself.
Cons
Not enough work in your area potentially.
is fun because i did of what i like to do
Computer Technician IT Tech (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILNovember 18, 2017
This company is a very good one, im so glad that i found it and now im working with my team that is so wonderful my boss is a greater person ever . Im so happy with this company is one of the best ever i work with
Pros
our bosses are so cool and we dont have to worry much
Cons
No n cons to this company
It's a temp agency
Refresh Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver County, COOctober 23, 2017
The work can be plentiful, or it can be barren. It is day labor working on computers and peripherals like printers. The clients I did work for were typically friendly, so at least it wasn't a hostile environment.
great place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Great place to work but its contract work and is not guaranteed, pay is great and work environment varies, great for a start up technician to get their foot in the door.
Pros
pay and experience
Cons
work hours
Temporary job
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Subcontracted from New York, NY 10001September 7, 2017
This job was a temporary job. I did not work every day. Maybe only 2
to 3 days per month, from June through September of 2010.
A typical day at work was reporting to a business address to transfer data from old computers to new ones. We would do this only after the business was closed for the day.
The workplace culture was good. Each work day there would be new technicians and people to work with.
The most difficult part of the job was only when something would go wrong with the computer you were working on. If there was a problem, the manager would help us to find the problem and fix it. The work was not as stressful as it could be. There was always someone to help, when a problem would arise. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience which I received. It was a great learning experience.
Pros
Learning more about computers
Good company
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 21, 2017
Good company as long as nothing needs to be done with any changes to payroll or help finding a new position. My contact left the company and I was never given another, I received more responses from the person in payroll regarding jobs than any of the recruiters.
Nice Place to work
IT Services Contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
nice place to work. to far to travel. Arrive at job, complete given assignment. Travel was the hardest part of the job. ******************************
Pros
contractor
Cons
to far away
Fun people and plenty to do
Help Desk/ Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 19, 2017
Fun crew to work with, they can put together assignments nicely. Would have loved to stick around but work discontinued from one their main contractor and little employment was offered.
Pros
lots of work & good pay
Cons
might have to travel
Interesting work, lots of travel.
Migration Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
This is a contractor job that has one installing or switching out desktop systems , installing and configuring printers . It's usually at large financial companies .
Fun to work and be apart
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2017
Great company to work for. It was a trill to be apart of a company that values it's workers. I had no problems during my time there and I would recommend this comany to anyone who wants to work somewhere that has a great reputation and many benefits.
Excellent place to work with flexible schedule
IT Technical Support (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 28, 2017
Peak Systems is a great place to work for, never a dull moment. Professional technical support to assist us out on the field is great and pay salary is good.
Workplace not organized , start from scratch
Desk Side Support Technician at Philips (Former Employee) –  25 W 31st St 12th Fl, New York, NY 10001May 4, 2017
The typical at start from receiving ticket and start to handle it.
From time to time it is changed and was different.
What I learned : how difficult to deal with a spoiled people.
Management not so good.
Workplace culture was not so good.
The hard part of the job is to feel any appreciation of your work
that you done. How much you do, and how much effort you spend doesn't matter - never it was good and never you did enough .
Most enjoyable part of the job is training that was provide before
the job actually start.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short break, no healthcare
Great company, Great people
Field Technician / Help Desk (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 22, 2017
Well organized, they provide all the documentation one could ask for. Excellent compensation, I only wish I could get more hours. Hopefully that will change and I can get full time.
Temp Agency
IT Support Tech (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2017
contract work doing Dell refresh work, break fix work trouble shoot BSOD's. Provide IT support for HP, JP Morgan, Chase Bank, and Dell. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
Administrative Coordinator
• Updating spreadsheets daily
• Maintaining a daily schedule
Supplemental Field Work
Lead Deployment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 16, 2017
This position led to a lot of networking opportunities. I got some great experience and had fun along the way. Peak didn't offer long term opportunities for me, but they were very appreciative of good techs and always came back with more work. I usually had to turn down more work than I accepted because my schedule couldn't accomodate the demand.