Peak Systems Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
great place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Great place to work but its contract work and is not guaranteed, pay is great and work environment varies, great for a start up technician to get their foot in the door.
Pros
pay and experience
Cons
work hours
Temporary job
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Subcontracted from New York, NY 10001September 7, 2017
This job was a temporary job. I did not work every day. Maybe only 2
to 3 days per month, from June through September of 2010.
A typical day at work was reporting to a business address to transfer data from old computers to new ones. We would do this only after the business was closed for the day.
The workplace culture was good. Each work day there would be new technicians and people to work with.
The most difficult part of the job was only when something would go wrong with the computer you were working on. If there was a problem, the manager would help us to find the problem and fix it. The work was not as stressful as it could be. There was always someone to help, when a problem would arise. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience which I received. It was a great learning experience.
Pros
Learning more about computers
Good company
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 21, 2017
Good company as long as nothing needs to be done with any changes to payroll or help finding a new position. My contact left the company and I was never given another, I received more responses from the person in payroll regarding jobs than any of the recruiters.
Nice Place to work
IT Services Contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
nice place to work. to far to travel. Arrive at job, complete given assignment. Travel was the hardest part of the job. ******************************
Pros
contractor
Cons
to far away
Fun people and plenty to do
Help Desk/ Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 19, 2017
Fun crew to work with, they can put together assignments nicely. Would have loved to stick around but work discontinued from one their main contractor and little employment was offered.
Pros
lots of work & good pay
Cons
might have to travel
Interesting work, lots of travel.
Migration Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
This is a contractor job that has one installing or switching out desktop systems , installing and configuring printers . It's usually at large financial companies .
Fun to work and be apart
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2017
Great company to work for. It was a trill to be apart of a company that values it's workers. I had no problems during my time there and I would recommend this comany to anyone who wants to work somewhere that has a great reputation and many benefits.
Excellent place to work with flexible schedule
IT Technical Support (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 28, 2017
Peak Systems is a great place to work for, never a dull moment. Professional technical support to assist us out on the field is great and pay salary is good.
Workplace not organized , start from scratch
Desk Side Support Technician at Philips (Former Employee) –  25 W 31st St 12th Fl, New York, NY 10001May 4, 2017
The typical at start from receiving ticket and start to handle it.
From time to time it is changed and was different.
What I learned : how difficult to deal with a spoiled people.
Management not so good.
Workplace culture was not so good.
The hard part of the job is to feel any appreciation of your work
that you done. How much you do, and how much effort you spend doesn't matter - never it was good and never you did enough .
Most enjoyable part of the job is training that was provide before
the job actually start.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short break, no healthcare
Great company, Great people
Field Technician / Help Desk (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 22, 2017
Well organized, they provide all the documentation one could ask for. Excellent compensation, I only wish I could get more hours. Hopefully that will change and I can get full time.
Temp Agency
IT Support Tech (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2017
contract work doing Dell refresh work, break fix work trouble shoot BSOD's. Provide IT support for HP, JP Morgan, Chase Bank, and Dell. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
Administrative Coordinator
• Updating spreadsheets daily
• Maintaining a daily schedule
Supplemental Field Work
Lead Deployment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 16, 2017
This position led to a lot of networking opportunities. I got some great experience and had fun along the way. Peak didn't offer long term opportunities for me, but they were very appreciative of good techs and always came back with more work. I usually had to turn down more work than I accepted because my schedule couldn't accomodate the demand.
Excellent for Entry-level individuals
Computer IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2017
When I was entry-level in IT. This company gave me the experience and knowledge that I required. Then gave me a push into great opportunities because of the clients they provided services to made me look good on my resume.
Pros
competitive compensation
Cons
on call work
Lead Technician Windows (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Met interesting people that I can get along with and work well with. The pay was good management was helpful and willing to do anything they could to make things go right.
Good, challenging place to work
Developer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 2, 2016
I enjoyed working with very talented professionals. This company has a full compliment of disciplines to get the work done, and done well! The management is good at communicating expectations. Coworkers were talented, energetic and always up to the task.
Pros
Good pay, variety of projects, freedom to approach solution from any angle
Cons
lights were off nearly all the time
not too pleasant
Helpdesk Technician for JPM Chase (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2016
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company. They don't offer any benefits because they are a "contracting company". They hardly give any raises and the pay is absolutely insulting.
Great experience as a consultant, but unfortunate ending from Peak Systems
Consultant - Citigroup (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
During some years spent working for Peak Systems, I was employed as a consultant, therefore, I had no benefits whatsoever.
They at no time gave me nor my teammates the time of day, regarding such.

After four years, the company that we supported, said they no longer needed our support. From that said day, and time, we were asked by the Peak systems, management personnel, to hand over our badges, etc, and were no longer needed on the premises.

It was embarrassing, and mean on her part, also the company we supported.

Peak systems never attempted to help us after been laid off.

Technically,my experiences and knowledge have improved considerably. My team members, lead, and managers were great people. The most difficult part was delaing with old HP printers,
Pros
Cons
healthcare none.
Good Partime job
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 7, 2016
Very good pay along with learning and travel inside the state. Jobs are not always plentiful or very far off. I would tell anyone to try it for themselves
Good People
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 1, 2015
This company is a temp agency but it was one of the best ones that I have worked for this company keep me busy non stop with jobs