Peak Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Good Partime job
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 7, 2016
Very good pay along with learning and travel inside the state. Jobs are not always plentiful or very far off. I would tell anyone to try it for themselves
Good People
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 1, 2015
This company is a temp agency but it was one of the best ones that I have worked for this company keep me busy non stop with jobs
Very productive work evironments, professional employees
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
I have learned over three years with Peak Systems about troubleshooting, making adjustments, being proactive, being more professional. the management style is very open door if I were to have any issues I could easily bring it to my management team/ recruiter and we can communicate and find a solution to any issue. The hardest part about the job is consistency with work, it gets very frustrating when you haven't worked for six days.
Pros
pay, great people to work with
Cons
consistency in volume of work
Productive and fun place to work, exposure to various clients.
Contract Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 18, 2015
Peak systems is a fun place to work and network with other computer technicians with varying focuses. The project coordinators and organized and the training is substantial enough to get the job done. Overall, I am very pleased with Peak Systems.
Pros
great co-workers, varying projects
Cons
temporary work
S'ok
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 8, 2015
OK work, not enough hours, plenty of free coffee. Poor leadership on site, but that's really HP's fault. They like to dangle promises of full time employment, but seldom make good.
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Pay poorly and reluctantly
The jobs have been good, the benefits have not.
Toner Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, ohioAugust 24, 2015
Peak Systems has given me some great opportunities of places to work. The benefits system needs some work. I have learned a lot at the places I have worked for. There is also no room for advancement.
Cons
Healthcare, Benefits in general.
Good place to gain experience.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Great for beginners and graduates. The other techs are nice people. Recruiters are pretty responsive, they assure that you have received and are fully available for any assignments they have.
Pros
Great compensation.
Cons
Recruiters usually have their favorites.
Assist with technical support of desktop computers.
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2015
• Assist in re-imaging computers
• Assist in testing of operating systems, printers, and student issued Laptops
• Assist in a campus wide Help Desk, that is setup for students with Laptop issues
• Dissembling and reassembling of computers
• Install operating systems campus wide
Contracting company
IT Installer (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 6, 2015
contracts out IT technicians and is an excellent opportunity to gain experience I have been working with this company while in college to gain an edge in knowledge in the field
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  RosemontMay 7, 2015
The best Job I ever had in my life. Everything about this job was perfect to me. The managers, the staff, to the work I did. Everything was very peaceful and calm.
Dependable IT Solutions Providers and Staffing
Resident Support Technician @ Hewlett Packard Co (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioFebruary 24, 2015
As Resident Support Technician I'm the first point of contact for all IT related issues including but not limited to client/user and desktop PC support, printer and printing support and maintenance; re-imaging workstations and laptops as well as fixing general networking and troubleshooting issues.

maintaining good client/customer relations; managing enterprise level IT and network equipment and resources; as well as ensuring network and information security.

the hardest part of the job is troubleshooting user applications you are not familiar with but the most enjoyable part is that the environment is friendly.
Great workplace, fun people to work with, excellent hours of operation.
IT Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
I learned a lot of good technical skills, and me t a lot of great people. I re-imaged a laptop for a client, we also migrated an image from Windows XP to Window 7. At another contracted job, we deployed new workstations and monitors.
Pros
good pay rate, good skills learning environment, and great people to work with.
Cons
not enough hours to maintain a steady paycheck.
A good place to get stgarted
PC Support Technician - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioSeptember 24, 2014
Peak Systems is a great place to go get started in a IT career. They were able to find a Contract positions that enable the learning of a vast array of experiences within the IT field.
Peak Review
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 8, 2014
Good place to pick-up contracts from. Allows self starters to work freely. Learn customer service along with working on a team. Get calls for contracts all over the area and given a choice if you would like to assist
Representative of Hewlett Packard Through Peak Systems
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2014
Provide system support for JP Morgan Chase computer systems.
Pros
paid weekly, flat rate fees
Cons
need more assignments to stay busy
Great Company to work for. They usually have very nice IT projects and often their techs are Leads on those projects.
PROJECT COORDINATOR & IT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Most of Peak Systems' jobs are "IT Projects". You will be called out for a system integration or upgrade. The projects involve base computer knowledge and technical savvy knowledge to resolve any hiccups that you might run into onsite. There is almost always some light lifting, crawling on floors to get to computer equipment and sometimes the areas are dusty or dirty, but nothing has ever been repulsive, as you most will work in an office doing your project.
Co-workers employed by Peak have always been professional, fun, and hard-working.
If you're an IT person, the jobs are never "hard" per se, but they might involve use of your patience and troubleshooting. Many times issues cannot be resolved by you, but rather by the "helpdesk" of the company you are upgrading, so you may have your hands "tied" while waiting for resolutions, (so hopefully you do not frustrate easily).
The most enjoyable part of my job with Peak is that each project is always a little different, but not different enough that there would be too much research and reading up before each project. This ensures that boredom of projects is not an issue.
Pros
good pay, interesting it projects, good co-workers
Cons
occasionally projects will be cancelled/modified the night before-hand, sometimes modified multiple times in the same week.
Perform adhoc decomp and wipe computer drives
Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2013
Very nice and professional work environment. Not as many hours as expected but will do for now being it is contract work.
Contract work
Windows 7 Migration Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 21, 2013
At this job I was able to get hands on experience performing Windows 7 migrations and all the problems that can occur during this process
Short-term
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 12, 2013
This company was great for geting side jobs. Did a lot of printer deployments.
Desk support
Desktop support (Former Employee) –  Irving TXMarch 6, 2013
I help moves 4500 systems and reconnect them and did first support
and did mapping printers,enable dual monitor.

4.3