Peak Technical Staffing Employee Reviews

Lead Operator
Machine Operator, General (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 4, 2017
PPE grab the document from the conban. read the document,, and grab all the tools for the operation.be sure the machine is in operation condition proceed to work
PEAK is a Decent agency
Contract SQE@ Alphatec Spine (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 22, 2017
PEAK is basically an employment agency, they do a decent job, a few headaches early on, but once everything was straightened out, they were fine. They are based in PA.
Pros
fairly low markup on your rate
Cons
not very fast at lining up the next gig, they really are run like a temp service rather than a consulting services company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAMarch 16, 2017
I have a good time at work every day. The people I work with are great. My work is engaging and there are opportunities for advancement. I would recommend working at this company to a friend.
staffing Manager
Staffing Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 21, 2016
I work for Peak as a staffing manager, not as a contractor they placed. The hours are long, the pay is okay on direct placements, commissions on contracts are not very good. They pool everyone's commissions together and give you .05 to 1% of the pooled commissions. Other staffing agencies typically pay 5-8%. The management is really the biggest issue with this company, the branch manager and the lead staffing manager treat employees very poorly, they are degrading especially towards women. If you are looking for work/life balance, you will not find it here.
Pros
Direct placement fees
Cons
management, long hours, terrible treatment of employees
Always busy. Days flew by.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 21, 2016
Extremely busy. Learned how to multi task. Management & co-workers ready to help out. Hardest part tracking California sick hours. Completed weekly payroll.
Pros
10 years receive Rolex watch. Yearly Mexico trip if quota met.
Cons
Not enough space for filing.
Very Helpful
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 15, 2016
Peak Technical Staffing was very helpful and on top of things and connected me with a fantastic company. The people I worked with were great. It wasn't long after I started that it was my birthday, like two weeks into the job, and they were kind enough to send me a birthday card with a note. It meant a lot. Thanks!
Great and helpful company to work for
Contract Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 15, 2016
They gave me a chance to work for them through Alta Devices. Good starting money and very helpful employees. I recommend others to go through them for employment.
Productive and fun place to work they have company picnics.
Temp Employee (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 29, 2016
They are a good temp agency. They find me work quickly and seem caring to your needs as a client. I would recommend them to anyone.
no chance of advancement
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJune 25, 2016
Nice job site to work for it but no advancement of any kind.
No raises all those years they don't fight for you.
Good for a short period but don't stay for years they just care for the money they make of you.
Pros
find job right away
Cons
no advancements
professional work place
Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 7, 2016
people came to work on time and were ready to go at what they were to do.

people worked with me to get me understanding the job

I had to take quizzes and pass them which I did

job was too far away for me to finish the exams when I got home. I was exhausted. As I had to wake at 4 am and out of the house by 6 am just to get to work on time by 7 am the day ended at 5pm. I was exhausted by the time I reached home.

So I was not able to finish all the exams on time towards the end.
Pros
good people
Cons
too far
Benifits
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 2, 2016
Poor Benefits. That's generally what you get when you work for a consulting agency. I really cannot say as I do not interact with anyone from the company.
Worst staffing agency in Southern California.
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 30, 2016
Didn't care for how they do there payroll and undocumented paid time off was incorrect. I had to correct there payroll. Don't trust this staffing/temp agency.
Pros
Location.
Cons
Poor communication and payroll
Though lacking in pertinent info, job has been opportunity
Electronics Technician/Electrical Show Control (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 29, 2016
A typical day is atypical: One never really knows what lies ahead. Work ranges from dirty, grueling, gritty physical work to sedentary bench (R&D/Production).

I learned some of WDI's (Disney's) tricks of the trade, and how best to apply myself to their expectation of quality.

I have no opinion to offer about WDI's management. As for Peak Technical, I am not inclined to say.

My co-workers at WDI are talented, creative, and highly skilled.

The hardest part of the job is making it through quieter days, less busy days.

What I find extremely enjoyable about the job is the variety of work I get to do, from electronics to electrical to electro-mechanical, working with animatronics and robotics. The job is very diverse and has it's challenges. I'm am grateful that this job is not mundane or too repetitious.
Pros
free coffee :)
Cons
It's only a contract job -- and contracts don't last forever. :)
Contracting firm.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (CONSULTANT) (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 1, 2016
Worked at Disneyland while paid by Peak.
Various projects throughout Disneyland park helping permanent engineers there.
Hours can be very demanding due to the available times when rides are shut down, such as midnight hours.
Peak small but attentive
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, INMarch 28, 2016
Found the company tried to do the best for employees but sometimes pushed to hard on employers. as this is a temporary company this makes employees less desirible
Student consulting project working with C level and board members.
Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 21, 2015
Worked with C level and presented final reports to the board. Everyone was very helpful and provided assistance and materials in a very timely fashion. Everyone there was very accommodating and often came to campus to meet with us.
Provided everything that was promised. Quick responces.
Pre-Commissioning Manager, Lockout Tagout Manager (Former Employee) –  Ely NVOctober 3, 2015
I was happy to have the opportunity to work for Peak Technical. I would work for them again in an instant. Everybody that I interacted with in the company was very professional.
Pros
We had good long weekends and the work schedule was optimal.
Cons
The job was in the middle of nowhere.
Contract Service
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 4, 2015
Typical for Contract Service but lacking in benefits. Was placed at the company do to my previous full time employment.
Looking for a new opportunity.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 14, 2015
Small company. Lots of turnover. Lacks in culture and career advancement. Same repetition every day. Very old way have doing business. I learn about the type of positions and environment I do not want to work in.
peak
Technical Staffing Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAApril 20, 2015
i got laid off due to not the company not making enough money and had to reduce the head count. only worked here for a few months, people and job were fun, but just didn't work out
Pros
people experience
Cons
small company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak Technical Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8