Peak Vista Community Health Centers

Peak Vista Community Health Centers Employee Reviews

Horrible workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 16, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked management does not care about you neither does HR. All they care about is encounters they dont care about the patients. Favoritism is huge you will only get a promotion if you kiss up to management. Super stressful work place they constantly added new work on but no raises!! Doctors in pediatrics would literally complain about spanish speaking patients, just a horrible experience working there.
Pros
There are no pros
Good job
Patient Accounts Representative/Lab Biller (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 18, 2017
This was a good place to work. Job security is a little iffy, but if you are a good employee they will help you find another position within their company. Managers change around a lot so it's important to learn your job so you can help new managers coming in.
Great environment with a Nurturing staff to help you Advance
Customer Service Representative - Interpertations (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 15, 2017
Been working here for just over 3 months and my experience so far has been phenomenal. Everyone - from entry level to CEO - is extremely friendly. They want to push you to grow within and everyone around you helps with any and all situations that occur. This is my first call center environment and I personally really like it.
Pros
2 breaks and an hour lunch with great feedback from management
Cons
none!
Avoid
Care Team Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 9, 2017
If you are near homeless, on medicaid, unable to find a job anywhere else due to lack of experience, difficulty with the English language, or a recent history of poverty, that turns other companies off -- Peak Vista may be the place for you to start. Many current employees and managers have this background. Peak Vista patients often become employees.

However, if you are currently a professional or have sufficient experience to find employment elsewhere, by all mean do. Peak Vista is very poorly managed and a very unprofessional environment. Decisions are pursued which are in direct opposition to medical advise given by the Peak Vista medical staff (Chief MD, MDs and PAs). Management is "clique-ish" where decisions are not made by logic and sound business principles, but rather by a small group of "drinking buddies." If you disagree with this inner group (even in a professional manner) or simply aren't "liked" by them, you may well find your job in jeopardy. There have been many such cases.

If you are a nurse, Peak Vista is a "nursing career graveyard." You will find many openings. If you are desperate, it may be a good short term choice. However, there is great turnover, and for good reason. Avoid, Avoid. Avoid.
Pros
a good place for the desperate to start
Cons
too many to list
Productive and fun work enviorment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80917December 7, 2017
Peak Vista was a great place to work and it's very family oriented.
A typical day at work starts with two hours of phone calls and then we go on break for 15 minutes. Then I take more calls for a few hours, then go to lunch, then take a few more hours of calls. Then I go on my last break. Then I take a few more hours of calls and then I go home.
Pros
Paid Time off
Cons
Didn't get along with my supervisor
Absolute worst place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 6, 2017
I would never recommend this job to anyone! This whole company is garbage. The supervisors are petty and play favorites and will lie to keep some people down and cover up stuff to keep some people up high. If you try and speak out you will be retaliated against and no one will believe you. No one is ever held accountable for their actions so they will do whatever they want to you because they know that no one will say anything. Only work here if you enjoy working with a bunch of back stabbing teens who claim to be adults. Seriously do not work here.
Pros
Nothing out weighs how bad it is
Cons
Trust no one especially HR
Health Care Administrative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 1, 2017
A large healthcare company, with different locations in Colorado. With opportunity to learn and grow and great peer that I still miss, what is not to like about Peak Vista?
Managers and associates
Other (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 1, 2017
Managers and associates are quick to throw people under the bus for things they had nothing to do with. Everyone is out for themselves and no one cares about working as a team.
very stressful work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 23, 2017
THE worst job I have ever had. A non-profit organization that is very concerned about the number of encounters. Encounters being the key word; not concerned about patients but the NUMBER of patients. Employees are in sales; calling patients to make appointments or making sure a patient doesn't leave the building without a future appointment. Top heavy w VP's who like to micromanage. 6 VP's named in 1 year. Loss of 4 providers in 6 months; several employees who have been there for many years have left. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a VP who has too much power and likes to assert that power and not interested in working with employees to create a positive work environment. Best part of the job: knowing that I have made a difference in the lives of patients.
Pros
Cons
job expectations with a shortage of employees.
Horrible management all for management nothing for worker Bees
Worker bee (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 11, 2017
Don't work here turn over is extreme. 90%. They are terrible to the workers. Management is treated as absolute power. No empowerment to the line staff. No insurance for 3 months because turnover is so high. They don't want to give workers benefits because they don't stay. This is a health clinic by the way. People are here then gone... so many. They continue to be punitive instead of rewarding. Very cold company NO HEART at all. The employees are wonderful. We value each other. Nice wonderful worker bees.
Pros
Coworkers
great experience
Primary Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 27, 2017
This job provided great work experience. However, I think that too much responsibility and accountability was given to the RMAs. The office employed a number of RNs who I feel should have been more available as a resource.
A Mission Driven Organization
Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 11, 2017
Typical day at work starts before 7:00am goes until 5:00pm. I have learned more details about the medical and dental services world. I have manage staff of various levels of professional status and enjoy the team I currently work with and manage directly.
Fun work environment
Medical Assistant/Resource Navigator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 28, 2017
Fast paced work environment with great co workers. Good benefits/pay and amazing management. New learning opportunities everyday with flexible work schedule when needed for family/personal issues. Always a chance to get OT at the CCC. This is my experience at my clinic. Not all clinics are the same.
Pros
Work environment, benefits
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 3, 2017
Register patients over the phone or in person, Greet patients. most I love my co workers and my supervisor. Love interacting with patients, Love when we have unit meetings.
Pros
amazing co workers
Cons
no pay raise
They don't appreciate their employees
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 22, 2017
This company constantly increases the work load without any compensation or resources to help. They are not flexible with schedules in the slightest and will send to others clinics on a moment's notice, to include in other cities. They overwork their staff and don't show appreciation or recognition to those who go above and beyond what's needed. There is absolutely no room for growth. This was a great place to gain experience in family health and learning how to do an insane amount of work with no help.
Pros
you gain great experience, providers are awesome
Cons
too much workload for one person, management doesn't care
Decent work enviornment
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 24, 2017
The general work environment is decent. However, the management structure needs an override. There are often inconsistencies in instruction from various branches of leadership. The "worker bee" staff are very pleasant and easy to work with.
Very difficult environment to work in
Treating the patient from head to toe (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsJune 22, 2017
Very difficult environment to work in. I did not feel supported by admin when having to deal with very difficult to deal with patients. ..........................................................
Benefits
Cons
Patient population and supportive admin
Unique place to work for but plans on change more than stability...
FACILITY MANAGER AND FACILITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 18, 2017
Peak Vista serves a good purpose in the Colorado Springs community but is completely way to fast changing. Hopes for funding and makes plans for funding without the funding which results in affecting other departments in the company. Leadership doesn't communicate well with each other. They have good intentions and ideas but refuses to bring all necessary departments in the discussion to help save time and money.
Cons
Pay is not competitive. Company does not pay to keep its personnel.
you will never be listened to
Provider (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 29, 2017
Revolving managers (4 in 4 years) assures your day will be chaotic and inconsistent. Upper management gets bonuses by encounter numbers so don't believe it when they tell you it's all about patient care. There are too many managers on top of that. My coworkers are great but my body can't take the stress and my brain can't take the toxic environment.
Pros
a few coworkers
Cons
management
Corrupt culture and management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 11, 2017
Great co-worker. Totally corrupt management - unethical and inhumane. Run by a few sociopathic and totally unqualified managers without even a college degree who stabbed their way up the ladder. Avoid at all costs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak Vista Community Health Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6