Peak Vista Community Health Centers

Peak Vista Community Health Centers Employee Reviews

Serious problems. Management inept. Break HR, operations laws frequently
Manager (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsApril 3, 2015
Pros: Kind front line staff
Cons: Legal issues, incompetent senior management
This place is a disaster. They frequently break basic laws/regulations around Human Resources, Privacy and general operating procedures. The management has grown up with the company, which isn't bad, but they operate with an 80's type of power and control management philosophy. They will not retain talent, so be prepared to work with people who are ok with working for power hungry, uneducated, and manipulative managers. Everyone is related, tons of nepotism. The positives are that the front line staff are amazing and kind. Be careful!!!
Fast paced with numerous additional duties, exceptional customer service.
Dental Service Representative (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 30, 2015
I arrive early every day to assist management in store opening and office preparation to ensure patients are enrolled and seen promptly.
Highly proficient in computer programs (MS Office, Word, Access, Excel, Power Point)
Written and oral fluency in English and Spanish with translation expertise
Assists management on scheduling and customer service while translating and assisting dental staff when required.
I also assist management in training new receptionist with administrative requirements, I have personally trained 5 personnel at this job so far.
Routinely performs additional tasks in while assisting management and fellow receptionists with scheduling and administrative paperwork
I thoroughly enjoy helping patients while ensuring they receive the best customer service available and finding solutions to any problems or difficult tasks
Fun work place
Laboratory Receptionist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this place. The employees really work and pull together to provide the best service possible. This company is very involved with its community. I really love the teamwork this company has.
Good place to sharpen your skills
Budget and Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 4, 2014
Very challenging management structure that provides little direction, which presents a great opportunity for employees to work on their interpersonal skills and find ways of being productive.
Hard work with a great mission
Clinical Team Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 6, 2013
Pros: great employees and mission
Cons: overwhelming workload
I learned the ins and outs of working for a great FQHC. The organization is currently pretty top-heavy, resulting in a lot of red tape to get decisions made. The staff is overwhelmingly wonderful, which helped on bad days.
Abosolutly amazing Professionals!!
Translator and EDDA Assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 18, 2013
Loved going to work providing care with the best Dentist!!!!
Excellent company with terrific missions....
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: meeting such a variety of people in the community. hour lunches...
Cons: incentive freezes, little pay increases when pay increase was due.
I reported to the VP of Operations and supported four Assistant Vice Presidents as well as three other Vice Presidents when needed. Peak Vista is a non-profit Community Health Center over 40 years and running 100%. There were a total of five Executive Assistants to support the entire company (over 600 employees), our daily duties consisted of attending meetings at all levels, taking minutes, creating agendas, documents, PowerPoints, conference rooms, scheduling hourly meetings with several attendees, internal and external. Worked closely with the President & CEO of Peak Vista as well with other CEO's in the community. I enjoyed my coworkers so very much. Our Operations team is a very close team that strived to make deadlines and ensuring documents were completed on time for all meetings.

I absolutely loved the Mission of the company. Peak Vista strived "To Provide Exceptional Healthcare for People Facing Access Barriers" and that's just what the company did!!
Excellent company with terrific missions....
Pros: meeting such a variety of people in the community. hour lunches...
Cons: incentive freezes, little pay increases when pay increase was due.