Peak Vista Community Health Centers

Peak Vista Community Health Centers Employee Reviews

MEDICAL ASSISTING EXTERNSHIP (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 24, 2016
Peak Vista Is a great company. They work as a team and are great about teaching employees as needed. I love the people I worked with and the patients.
Horrible place to work or be a patient.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 15, 2016
This place was the worst place that I have ever worked in my medical career the company does not care about the employees and just like the other reviewers said they break your back and don't care anything about it as long as they can cram patients into the schedule and make their money they don't see patients and their needs as helping they see them as a number a dollar sign and whatever their employees can do to help them make that money they will make them do even if it includes breaking the law major major OSHA violations. just a horrible place to work.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Everything about Peak vista is wrong
Registered Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 2, 2016
I worked 2 rotations at the specialty department a total of 7 years. I loved working with my team and the doctors were great. We were like family. Peak Vista has helped lots of patients break barriers and get access to care in the community. I really enjoyed working there for the exception of my new manager letting some employee get away with being lazy and dirty.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short lunches
Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receptionist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80917August 23, 2016
Peak Vista is a non profit organization where the mission of helping patients is priority. I can go home satisfied everyday knowing that I have made a difference in someone's life.
Great company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 19, 2016
Co-workers are awesome and l really love the providers. I have never been so close to a provider until I started working here. We have fun and my provider is always there for me no matter what. We are like family.
Pros
Lync communication
Cons
Pain med seekers
already rated
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 26, 2016
already rated previously. I have the majority of experience working for this company. It is a great place to work with a great culture. The only con is the pay scale.
Stay Away from Peak Vista
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 22, 2016
This Community Health Center DOES NOT care about it's employees. The only thing they care about is making sure they cram as many patients into the schedule as they can. They don't care that the understaffed employees are too overworked and underpaid. Their CTM'S (Managers) leave just as quickly as the Medical Assistants. There is always chaos and confusion due to numerous patients being stacked, one on top of another.... there is literally NO TIME to pay attention to the needs of the patients, and PV certainly pays no attention to the voice of the employees whose back's they are breaking :( :( :( BEWARE... HIGH TURNOVER RATE FOR A REASON!!!
A place to gain experience
Dental Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80910June 22, 2016
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a great place to gain experience and to advance skills to further your career. It is a fantastic job for helping others with access barriers.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Managment issues, disorganization, lack of communication
Lack of Profesionalism
Private (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 7, 2016
I was hesitant to go back to the Administrative side of the medical field but was having a hard time finding other jobs. The company has grown substantially since I started in 2014 and already there have been many changes. I feel like the leadership displayed at this company is poor. The current VP over my department isn't very professional in her appearance or behavior. Politics, Religion and other taboo work conversations are not off the table and she will talk about her opinions on the topics with little to no regard for anybody else's feelings. They play favorites here, if you don't fit into the group at the top, you will go no where in this company. Office politics and drama are the biggest reason why I didn't want to come back to this environment and they both have held true here. They do not accommodate a flexible work schedule, although leaving early for things hasn't been a issue. They have been good with PTO.
Pros
My deparment doesn't micro manage much
Cons
Poor Leadership, lack of integrity, office drama
Great benefits. Not so great leadership
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 24, 2016
I learned the ins and outs of a Medical clinic and all it entails. The most enjoyable part is the sense of community and teamwork. The hardest part is dealing with angry patients on the phone and in person.
Pros
benefits and friendship
Cons
understaffed and overworked

Want to know more about Peak Vista Community Health Centers?

Ask a question
Wouldn't recommend it
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 23, 2016
Unfair to employees. Lots of unprofessional staff. Pay is very low but the benefits are nice. Nice environment to work in since everything is new.
Horrible place to work
administrative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 21, 2016
Not a lot great to say about PV. There were so many Assistant VPs and VPs, managers and directors, it was ridiculous. And there seemed to be a new one every month or so, or a new building being bought. The turnover among the lower ranks was genuinely amazingly high, either because employees were getting set up by the many managers to fail and be fired, or because the pay is so low, they couldn't make ends meet. I've never seen such an unnecessarily costly operation go unchecked. It's too bad the mission is just a nice blurb for the brochure.
Pros
It was work
Cons
Disorganized, bullying, and really low pay
Sucks!
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 16, 2015
Too many supervisors, not enough employees. LOTS of micro managing and turns a blind eye to bullying!!
I was fired for being out too much, I HAD 2 FMLA'S!!! Everyone is a supervisor of sorts. They play favorites, no equality! I was given my review from 2 SUPERVSORS who never ever had worked with me, or seen the way I work.
Pros
its a paycheck
Cons
they dont care about their employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 14, 2015
Peak Vista is a great place to work. I was there almost 7 years and I was able to move up in the company. I left to be a stay at home mom.
Best career oppurtunity
Enrollment Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 30, 2015
Great management team, Patient oriented and available access to all. Non profit organization so competitive pay is the only downfall. Great benefits and excellent staff. I enjoyed my staff and the commitment they made to the department. I was given everything i needed to perform my job duties.
Pros
Benefits and business hours
Cons
competitive pay, Job Description.
The concept of Peak Vista meeting needs of the population is grand; the ego of the management has no clue of how to care for their employees
clinical (Former Employee) –  colorado springsOctober 11, 2015
Job duties/descriptions change and increase on the whim of management; There is no accountability for poor decisions made by management. Management is quick to 'blame' the worker bees for any ills of operations. There is no support for the people who work within the clinic doing the 'on-the ground, hands on care' of the most ill population within the state. The employees do their very best to care for the patients in a stressful situation, where it is all about how many patients they can see. Not how they are cared for/helped to heal, but how many they can bill for in a day. Management has lost total touch with the grass roots nature of their clinics. Massive turnover.
Cons
No respect from management for the care/work for the patients
Needs better management
RMA / Student Trainer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 21, 2015
Needs better management. Good place to work, good physicians, good staff, good patients. Could pay a little better. Management used to be good, not sure now since they changed management.
Cutting Edge Technologies
Director of IT (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 4, 2015
Great learning environment for IT people who want to gain hands on experience with near cutting edge technologies. VMware, Netapp and HP 7000 blade servers are but a few of the technologies.
Pros
Great learning opportunity
Cons
few
Serious problems. Management inept. Break HR, operations laws frequently
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsApril 3, 2015
This place is a disaster. They frequently break basic laws/regulations around Human Resources, Privacy and general operating procedures. The management has grown up with the company, which isn't bad, but they operate with an 80's type of power and control management philosophy. They will not retain talent, so be prepared to work with people who are ok with working for power hungry, uneducated, and manipulative managers. Everyone is related, tons of nepotism. The positives are that the front line staff are amazing and kind. Be careful!!!
Pros
Kind front line staff
Cons
Legal issues, incompetent senior management
Fast paced with numerous additional duties, exceptional customer service.
Dental Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 30, 2015
I arrive early every day to assist management in store opening and office preparation to ensure patients are enrolled and seen promptly.
Highly proficient in computer programs (MS Office, Word, Access, Excel, Power Point)
Written and oral fluency in English and Spanish with translation expertise
Assists management on scheduling and customer service while translating and assisting dental staff when required.
I also assist management in training new receptionist with administrative requirements, I have personally trained 5 personnel at this job so far.
Routinely performs additional tasks in while assisting management and fellow receptionists with scheduling and administrative paperwork
I thoroughly enjoy helping patients while ensuring they receive the best customer service available and finding solutions to any problems or difficult tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak Vista Community Health Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9