Peak Vista Community Health Centers

Peak Vista Community Health Centers Employee Reviews in United States

Wouldn't recommend it
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 23, 2016
Unfair to employees. Lots of unprofessional staff. Pay is very low but the benefits are nice. Nice environment to work in since everything is new.
Horrible place to work
administrative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 21, 2016
Not a lot great to say about PV. There were so many Assistant VPs and VPs, managers and directors, it was ridiculous. And there seemed to be a new one every month or so, or a new building being bought. The turnover among the lower ranks was genuinely amazingly high, either because employees were getting set up by the many managers to fail and be fired, or because the pay is so low, they couldn't make ends meet. I've never seen such an unnecessarily costly operation go unchecked. It's too bad the mission is just a nice blurb for the brochure.
Pros
It was work
Cons
Disorganized, bullying, and really low pay
Sucks!
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 16, 2015
Too many supervisors, not enough employees. LOTS of micro managing and turns a blind eye to bullying!!
I was fired for being out too much, I HAD 2 FMLA'S!!! Everyone is a supervisor of sorts. They play favorites, no equality! I was given my review from 2 SUPERVSORS who never ever had worked with me, or seen the way I work.
Pros
its a paycheck
Cons
they dont care about their employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 14, 2015
Peak Vista is a great place to work. I was there almost 7 years and I was able to move up in the company. I left to be a stay at home mom.
Best career oppurtunity
Enrollment Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 30, 2015
Great management team, Patient oriented and available access to all. Non profit organization so competitive pay is the only downfall. Great benefits and excellent staff. I enjoyed my staff and the commitment they made to the department. I was given everything i needed to perform my job duties.
Pros
Benefits and business hours
Cons
competitive pay, Job Description.
The concept of Peak Vista meeting needs of the population is grand; the ego of the management has no clue of how to care for their employees
clinical (Former Employee) –  colorado springsOctober 11, 2015
Job duties/descriptions change and increase on the whim of management; There is no accountability for poor decisions made by management. Management is quick to 'blame' the worker bees for any ills of operations. There is no support for the people who work within the clinic doing the 'on-the ground, hands on care' of the most ill population within the state. The employees do their very best to care for the patients in a stressful situation, where it is all about how many patients they can see. Not how they are cared for/helped to heal, but how many they can bill for in a day. Management has lost total touch with the grass roots nature of their clinics. Massive turnover.
Cons
No respect from management for the care/work for the patients
Needs better management
RMA / Student Trainer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 21, 2015
Needs better management. Good place to work, good physicians, good staff, good patients. Could pay a little better. Management used to be good, not sure now since they changed management.
Cutting Edge Technologies
Director of IT (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 4, 2015
Great learning environment for IT people who want to gain hands on experience with near cutting edge technologies. VMware, Netapp and HP 7000 blade servers are but a few of the technologies.
Pros
Great learning opportunity
Cons
few
Serious problems. Management inept. Break HR, operations laws frequently
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsApril 3, 2015
This place is a disaster. They frequently break basic laws/regulations around Human Resources, Privacy and general operating procedures. The management has grown up with the company, which isn't bad, but they operate with an 80's type of power and control management philosophy. They will not retain talent, so be prepared to work with people who are ok with working for power hungry, uneducated, and manipulative managers. Everyone is related, tons of nepotism. The positives are that the front line staff are amazing and kind. Be careful!!!
Pros
Kind front line staff
Cons
Legal issues, incompetent senior management
Fast paced with numerous additional duties, exceptional customer service.
Dental Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 30, 2015
I arrive early every day to assist management in store opening and office preparation to ensure patients are enrolled and seen promptly.
Highly proficient in computer programs (MS Office, Word, Access, Excel, Power Point)
Written and oral fluency in English and Spanish with translation expertise
Assists management on scheduling and customer service while translating and assisting dental staff when required.
I also assist management in training new receptionist with administrative requirements, I have personally trained 5 personnel at this job so far.
Routinely performs additional tasks in while assisting management and fellow receptionists with scheduling and administrative paperwork
I thoroughly enjoy helping patients while ensuring they receive the best customer service available and finding solutions to any problems or difficult tasks
Fun work place
Laboratory Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this place. The employees really work and pull together to provide the best service possible. This company is very involved with its community. I really love the teamwork this company has.
Good place to sharpen your skills
Budget and Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 4, 2014
Very challenging management structure that provides little direction, which presents a great opportunity for employees to work on their interpersonal skills and find ways of being productive.
Hard work with a great mission
Clinical Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 6, 2013
I learned the ins and outs of working for a great FQHC. The organization is currently pretty top-heavy, resulting in a lot of red tape to get decisions made. The staff is overwhelmingly wonderful, which helped on bad days.
Pros
great employees and mission
Cons
overwhelming workload
Abosolutly amazing Professionals!!
Translator and EDDA Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 18, 2013
Loved going to work providing care with the best Dentist!!!!
Excellent company with terrific missions....
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, ColoradoJanuary 14, 2013
I reported to the VP of Operations and supported four Assistant Vice Presidents as well as three other Vice Presidents when needed. Peak Vista is a non-profit Community Health Center over 40 years and running 100%. There were a total of five Executive Assistants to support the entire company (over 600 employees), our daily duties consisted of attending meetings at all levels, taking minutes, creating agendas, documents, PowerPoints, conference rooms, scheduling hourly meetings with several attendees, internal and external. Worked closely with the President & CEO of Peak Vista as well with other CEO's in the community. I enjoyed my coworkers so very much. Our Operations team is a very close team that strived to make deadlines and ensuring documents were completed on time for all meetings.

I absolutely loved the Mission of the company. Peak Vista strived "To Provide Exceptional Healthcare for People Facing Access Barriers" and that's just what the company did!!
Pros
meeting such a variety of people in the community. hour lunches...
Cons
incentive freezes, little pay increases when pay increase was due.