Peapod Employee Reviews in United States

Stay away
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2016
I had an interview and left with a very bad impression of this company. They expect a serious amount of physical labor for only $11/hour. That's simply unacceptable. I recommend driving for a multitude of other companies that will pay much more for doing much less work.

I also got the impression from the interview that this company's view of themselves as "full of themselves". I'd streer clear of them until they get a lot more realistic. Until then, everyone should bail out and let them fend for themselves.
Pros
Mone
Cons
Hard labor; low pay; company's inflated ego
Recruiting people are a joke!
No title yet-just applied (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJuly 15, 2016
I applied for the Customer Service position and when finished with the application it tells you to call a number within 15 minutes or your application will be taken out of the system and you cant re-apply for 6 months. OK so I did that and left a voicemail for someone (i couldnt even understand her on the message) and no one called, finally i got an email that said dont worry we will call you. OK so i waited and nothing, so i emailed back and was told to be patient and not to worry i will be called. Someone called and i was not able to answer and they left a voicemail asking when would be the best time to reach me, i called right back and told them when im available. Im still waiting to hear back. Its been over a week. This is ridiculous.
Pros
None yet
Productive and Fun workplace, a lot of help and team work
Shopper (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJune 7, 2016
typical day at work would be pretty much stocking boxes with the order the customer wanted using a scanner, moving boxes down the line, and staying on top of your work. If there isn't any boxes on the line move upstairs and continue the same process to complete 100 boxes a day if not 70-100. Co worker were helpful and detailed on how i should pack the boxes so i got more room.The hardest part of the job was constantly moving the boxes not messing up the orders, putting the wrong items in the boxes.
The most enjoyable part of my job was it was a lot of teamwork and a great social environment.
Pros
Good Breaks, and fun people to work with
Cons
couldn't bring energy drinks into the building.
long hours ,lack of communication ,
Shopper (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILApril 21, 2016
management has no regard for employee well being. working 12 hour shifts 5 days a week and a 6th day 8 hrs. if you miss a day of work you get written up or suspended. There is no communication between supervisors and employees. The conveyor system is very outdated and cannot handle the workload that we have everyday. there is a lot of down time because of this.
Company plays favorites even though is Union,
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 14, 2016
My co-workers are fun to be around. Management cuts hours and expands workload. Job advancement limited. Promotions are made for some people within weeks and others within years. Management doesn't understand what goes on at the store level.
Pros
5% discount on merchandise
Cons
inadequate pay and promotions
Peepod
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAJune 13, 2016
Was a horrible work environment the operations manager was very rude,there was always rules and guidelines being put into place that were just made up there was an extremely high turnover rate,never in five and a half months was only given my second break which was a paid break approximately 4 times,was regularly required to work overtime with no warning paying mandatory union dues in which the union never addressed any problems regular discrepancies regarding pay and hours but the main problem at peepod Hanover is the lack of leadership starting from the ops manager on down the supervisors were so scared and intimidated by her they never spoke up when I was there I watched no less than 200 people come thru the doors n only maybe 20 stayed peepod is not a job 5o try to establish a career
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Poor management, unprofessional work environment, unorganized lack of resources, high turnover
fun place to work, very tiring, bad management
Shopper (Former Employee) –  North Smithfield, RIMay 13, 2016
Management is very unorganized, very last minute. Fun job if you have friends there, but very tiring. Easy job overall. hardest part of the job was beating orders, but I learned time management.
Pros
co-workers are nice
Cons
fast paced, bad management
Nice people to work with
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJuly 13, 2016
Co workers and supervisors are nice, approachable and fun to work with. A bit strict about time clock, breaks and lunches.
Pros
Several contest for incentives, provide special food at times
Cons
Not many PTO, can be time clock police.
Under paid over work/ delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 27, 2016
Very hard labor! Pull 100-lb dollies up hill and stairs through snow in rain on customers kitchen table. You drive for hours. Work on weekends! This job sucks! You start off with $11.00Hr. This job should pay $18.00Hr starting off. Thats the going rate in the market. Management lie and tell you get $17-$18 hr including the tip.Thats a lie. Customer dont tip that much because of a delivery fee is charge. Peapod is always hiring because people leave after they realize they been had by the company. Dont work there!
Pros
NONE
Cons
UNDER PAID

Comment – January 30, 2016

Peapod is getting two jobs for the price of one under paid delivery drivers! All drivers have to unload semi trailer heavy 300lb plus bulk racks and push bulk racks into delivery trucks as paired drivers. Peapod need to disclose these things. The job is bad on your body. "DONT GET TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF" your worth more than $11.00hr. IM PROUD TO SAY NEW DELIVERY JOB $18.66 HR MONDAY-FRIDAY AND NO WEEKEND! THIS IS THE GOING RATE FOR THE HARD AND INTENSE LABOR.

Very productive
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 14, 2016
A typical work day is pretty standard I prep food all day and clean up. I learned some techniques for cutting different foods. The most enjoyable part of my job how time goes by fast. My co-workers are nice. We work as a team so the job gets done right. The hardest part of my job is dealing with my manager. She really needs to learn how to talk to her employees with respect.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits, Vacation time, Pay
Cons
Hours, Management
Not a good place to work
Shopper (Former Employee) –  Hanover mdMay 22, 2016
Work for 8 hours or more only 1 half and hour break after you work for the first 2 hours in a half then the rest of the day none just a lot of fast movement
Pros
Cons
One 30 minute break have to scan 160 pieces in a hour
Overall Good
Web Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2016
I really enjoyed working there. I have never worked with such passionate people. I was also constantly leaning new concepts and skills. There was however a lot of miscommunication in terms of what was expected and when. Overall, my time there was meaningful.
cold boring poor management
shopper (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 3, 2016
Third shift comes in to total chaos, because they let a new guy run the warehouse. He isn't that new, but nobody really bothered to show him how to do his job. So you come in already penalized. Speaking of penalties you work in the winter up to 12 hrs, everyday, standing lifting walking. Everyone at work is cranky and tired. Job security is poor, turnover is ridiculously high with people leaving daily. The opportunity for advancement is good but the once promoted people still end up being terminated or quitting. The promoted positions are a lot harder physically without a lot of compensation.
Pros
benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
trash management, long hours, poor work environment
Not open to employee feedback ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJune 9, 2016
Never would like to hear what their employees would say regarding how to make things work more smoothly. The managers were very rude and not helpful.
You get paid 9.00/hr great co-workers terrible management
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJanuary 3, 2016
I started with 9.00/hr. When I first started they didn't have many employees and was unwilling to change my hours I was working 5-6 days a week as well as a full time student. they eventually hired about 40 more employees and cut my hours in half
Pros
lots of hours (sometimes)
Cons
everything else
Hard labor for no good pay
Selector (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 3, 2016
Wake up at the crack of dawn to be at work by 5 6 a clock in the morning start of prepping cardboard boxes for a couple hours then off to getting a RF scanner with a box u have scanned off the shelf to fill and scan from the box to the item to go into the stocking shelf as well as rotating the old to new items and you will also be asked to move around to different sections of the warehouse like the freezer and you will also be asked to use the forklift to move items in the right aisle of the warehouse based on what the product you are carrying happens to be. How to use a pallet jack and fork lift as well as a RF scanner. Management did there job. My co-workers did there job I got along with a lot of them. You are constantly bending lifting pulling adjusting and moving at a fast pace paying close attention to detail to only get paid close to nothing on top of working mandatory over time hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around my co-workers to be honest they helped to get through the day because we all had the same mindset get in do the job and get done.
Pros
Would get free drinks or snacks
Cons
No good pay for a hard days work $9.50 pay rate
fun work place
Truck driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 28, 2016
fun work place and chance to explore the different city's in NY/NJ. Also you got to meet new people and worked around and used different equipment
Poor management, overworked
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILFebruary 16, 2016
I was employed here for about a year and a half, as an expediter for a year. I worked about 13 hours a day, 5 days a week and i was guilted consistently to work late. Our management on third shift left before we did, leaving first shift in charge of one we left. They didn't care about our well-being nor did higher management realize how many hours they were running us. First shift management didn't take into account how we felt, just trying to make their dead lines.
Very high turn over due to long hours.
In addition they hired from the outside and gave very minimal training. I spent much time helping train managers from the outside. But then they would ignore everything i said later on.
Managers didn't listen to their employees and james, our operations manager, consistently made excuses for ALL of these things and nothing ever changed. He also had a way of not giving answers to necessary questions from employees.
All for 12$ an hour, some pretty decent health benefits and stolen life.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, short breaks, underpaid, underappreciated
Packing and Sorting
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 1, 2016
Basic run of the mill warehouse work. The interview process was easy however the shift that I was assigned mandated daily overtime (2-4 hours)
fast paced work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2016
Delivery times vary from day to day. Once the day starts as a delivery driver you begin to make deliveries to the customers

2.8