Peapod

Peapod Employer Reviews

Challenging job with tough management
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Whitman, MAOctober 8, 2014
Cons: short breaks, hard management
The management at peapod was pretty hard on the employees. Unreasonable arguments would be started by management and they did not communicate with eachother at all.
Productive workplace
Lead shopper (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTSeptember 18, 2014
Get to work around 10am get my shopping gun ready and begin to get items needed for each order, package them then send it out
Management is terrible. Love everything else.
Driver (Current Employee), East HartfordSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: the job itself, pays not bad, interacting with customers
Cons: management and coming back to the facility
I'm a current driver and let me tell you my manager is one of the worst people I have ever met. The management at peapod in my experience either don't care or care so much that it drives them off the deep end. I've heard conversations(not intentionally) by thier bosses and they treat my managers extremely bad. Peapod is a joke as far as professionalism – more... goes. It seems like if they can treat you bad, they will. Any excuse, doesn't matter how trivial. They do not hire inside like they mentioned. I'm working with guys that have been here for years and know all the managerial duties and they still hired outside to get a manager.
Just this recent they had no managers because they sent the one that was supposed to be there away somewhere else. They left a full time driver in charge until then.
The only thing good about this job is when you drive off the property and interact with customers. I love this job and my co workers are awesome, san management
And management is a huge reason why I rated this company so low. – less
It's overall a nice company to work for
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Hanover, MDSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: health care
While making a delivery a customer discovers they either have an item missing or the wrong item, I explain to them how willing the company is to correct the issue. I have learned that you can't please everyone no matter how hard you try, but that usually is one out of a hundred. Because there are several managers I give the lead manager a 9. Co-workers – more... are ok. Time allowed to make each delivery. Seeing a customer who expresses how much they appreciate what we do. – less
Very chaotic and unproductive work envornment to be around.
3rd Shift Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJuly 18, 2014
Pros: paycheck, lots of overtime
Cons: overtime can be too much, non productive enviornment
No accountability amongst employees, supervisors are run over by employees and the work environment was not productive and it was very chaotic.
A good place to work if you like to be on the go.
Driver (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good pay, very organized
Cons: sometimes dont have enough routes if your a driver.
A good place to work. Can be stressful at times but for the most place its really organized.
No room for advancement
Expeditor (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJune 9, 2014
Pros: always a chance to get overtime
Cons: extremely high turnover rate
I have been in the same position for 2 years and have not received a raise. Whenever a higher level position opens they do external hiring and you have to train your new lead/supervisor. My schedule has changed 3 times in the last month. I never know what time I'm going to get off I just know for a fact it will not be on time.
when I worked for peapod i loved the job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Hanover, MDMay 30, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: management had there fav.
peapod was a very fast pace and very easy job i would love to go back
Fun Coworkers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Hanover, MDMay 1, 2014
Coworkers really made my day when i came to work real fun environment nice workplace management needs some work though learned a lot of things working at Peapod
Simple work cutting ham
Deli Team Member (Current Employee), Lake Zurich, ILApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches once or twise a month
Cons: short breaks
I was able to learn more than 50 hams in 3 months and still learning more. great place to work. the management is great not to strict and not to light, just balance.
Great Balance
Process and Efficiency Lead (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 12, 2014
Peapod is a great company that is trying to focus on young talent. Very aggressive in retention
Overall Peapod is a fast paced environment with possibilities of advancement.
Lead Operataions & Inventory (Current Employee), Hanover, MDFebruary 11, 2014
Peapod is a production warehouse that delivers groceries to peoples homes. Employees shop the product from different picks areas. Receivers bring in the product and place them thru out the warehouse. The inventory team process the daily returns, damages and out of date product.
a good work place
MEAT CLERK (Former Employee), Hanover, MDDecember 3, 2013
Pros: great experenice
preparing meat for distribution and having good co-wokers
productive place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Hanover, MDOctober 20, 2013
Is a very good starter job really isn't any room for growth. work really didn't match the pay. they will train you on pallet jacks and forklifts that's always a plus for a warehouse worker.
Great place and environment to work.
Personal Shopper (Former Employee), North Smithfield, RIAugust 23, 2013
Great place and environment to work.Great place and environment to work.
producitve and easy going work enviorement
Expediter (Former Employee), Hanover, MDAugust 13, 2013
come in and check in the rf scanners and distrubit them back out.
fun work environment with worker appreciation weeks
meat cutter (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJuly 19, 2013
I learned how to deal with production, and how to work in a deli. The management is very laid back and my co workers are friendly. The hardest part is the temperature. the most enjoyable part is the hours.
Productive and fun work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJune 26, 2013
Pros: great workout.
Cons: none that i can think of at the moment
A typical day at work is busy & Fast Paced.
What I learned is great time management skills, and how things work within a warehouse.
Management was excellent.
The hardest part of the job was when I first started and had to adjust to the labor but it didn't take long to get the hang of things.
The most enjoyable part was seeing your speed progress and – more... meeting the order goals in a timely manner. – less
Fast paced and hard working
PeaPod (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 30, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad management
We come to work well rested and start the shift most night 2 shift wouldn't be finish there work so we would have to help them finish,we don't finish helping them til 3 a.m. at the most and start our work and cant go on break til our first wave of work is done and normally breaks are at 4 but we don't get on til 6 or maybe 7, I have learned that making – more... mistakes could really effect your reputation there. Most of the co-workers we ready to work at all times and some where lazy and impatient. The hardest part of this job was staying up over night and the most enjoyable was getting out on time with no over time. – less
Worst place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Hanover, MDMay 13, 2013
Pros: overtime hours
Cons: 2nd shift supervisors
Supervisors talk to you any kind of way. If you're new you'll never know what time you'll be getting off. You have to ask to use the bathroom. DONT WORK HERE!!!

1 2 3

About Peapod

Too busy making dough to shop for bread? Peapod offers online grocery shopping in 20-plus metro, suburban, and community locations – Read more