Peapod

Peapod Employer Reviews

Clean Lunchrooms
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Lake Zurich, ILMarch 15, 2015
Pros: the money was great
Cons: the long hours and standing up for 12+hrs
A typical day at work is like going to the worst gym of your life at night. I learned that if you want then you have to show you want it more than the next person. The management team walked around and observed the workers as they worked and if they see that the workers needed help some of them would help. My co-workers was the greatest they tired to keep as many smiles on their faces and yours as possible to pass by the time. The hardest part of my job is the fact that we stood up on our feet for 12 to 13hrs a day and I would have to wake up 5hrs later and do the same thing all over again. The most enjoyable part os my job was the time I was able to go home.
productive expirenece
Clerk (Current Employee), Whitman, MAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: met a lot of good people
Cons: short breaks
I usually come in early around 5:53. From there I worked till 12:00 or later, depending on how much had to get done. I learned from working at peapod, that I could do hard work and still manage to enjoy my time there as well. Management was good, for the most part, I have met some interesting ones that have showed me the way around the workplace. Yet they did have they're flaws, that did make it kind of hard for me to enjoy my time there.the hardest part was having to get things done fast, but I would find ways to change it around to make the company more productive and easy going. I had a lot of great co-workers with lots of experience and a lot with some. There was one employee that would irk me sometimes, but I never let it get to me and move on with whatever I had to do. But in the end, it was good for a first job and gave me a lot of experience.
Straight forward work
Warehouse associate (Current Employee), Hanover, MDFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: work hours
Cons: during the slow season too little work
Considering my approach to work which is to come in and get the job done,I really never got into what was going on around me unless it directly concerns me.However management can be a little unorganized at times which can be a bit frustrating when working to complete the task in a timely manner.
Very fun and yet exhausting workplace
Stocker/Unloader (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: short breaks, no talking at work
Peapod was a fun place, but the managers made my experience less enjoyable. They would constantly pick with my team and I because it seemed as if they were judgmental of us and didn't want us to be there.
It's a ok job
Delivery Driver (Transportation) (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: you get good tips
Cons: not always a enough routes for everyone
As a current a driver and let me say the management is terrible. Peapod is a joke far professionalism goes, the only good part of the job is when you pull out the warehouse to go deliver.
sticklers to the rules and not fun
grocery delivery driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: load trucks and make your rounds
Cons: start at 4am & end at midnight & cant stray from schedule
no room for flexibility & making suggestions; you have to be at the job at 4am to unload the big rig and then you, along with limited staff have to load a dozen trucks! the work is very tiring!
Productive and Energetic Workplace
Human Resource Administrator (Current Employee), Lake Zurich, ILDecember 23, 2014
Pros: flexible work scheudule, fun atmosphere
Cons: over worked and under paid
There is no typical day working at Peapod. Every day is different given the type of paperwork that comes in or the people that call. I have processed more than 35,000 transactions year to date in our Ultipro HRIS system. I have learned a great deal about the system, as well as FMLA, benefits, and working with people of different cultures. My manager is excellent to work for. He understood the difficulty of my job, yet he challenged me every day in order for me to grow within my career. My co-workers are a blast to work with. The provide a nice break from the work day. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see all the different activities that go on and to work with individuals explaining the system, assisting with their pay check, or helping them enroll in benefits.
Easy work environment
Personal Shopper (Current Employee), North Reading, MADecember 5, 2014
The work environment is simple. The work is not taxing and goes by quickly. On a typical work day, I go in and grab a PDA then head onto the floor to stock shelves because the orders have not dropped into the PDA yet. Once the orders drops I go around the store and pick up the items requested in the order and put them into a container. Once the order has been picked, someone else stages the order and then another employee sends it out.
fun productive
Selector (Former Employee), Union, CANovember 30, 2014
fun place to work at learned how to suite up and work in a freezer. beverage department was good place to work in. Helping other coworker after you finish your work load was fun. company parties was great
Challenging job with tough management
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Whitman, MAOctober 8, 2014
Cons: short breaks, hard management
The management at peapod was pretty hard on the employees. Unreasonable arguments would be started by management and they did not communicate with eachother at all.
Productive workplace
Lead shopper (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTSeptember 18, 2014
Get to work around 10am get my shopping gun ready and begin to get items needed for each order, package them then send it out
Management is terrible. Love everything else.
Driver (Current Employee), East HartfordSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: the job itself, pays not bad, interacting with customers
Cons: management and coming back to the facility
I'm a current driver and let me tell you my manager is one of the worst people I have ever met. The management at peapod in my experience either don't care or care so much that it drives them off the deep end. I've heard conversations(not intentionally) by thier bosses and they treat my managers extremely bad. Peapod is a joke as far as professionalism goes. It seems like if they can treat you bad, they will. Any excuse, doesn't matter how trivial. They do not hire inside like they mentioned. I'm working with guys that have been here for years and know all the managerial duties and they still hired outside to get a manager.
Just this recent they had no managers because they sent the one that was supposed to be there away somewhere else. They left a full time driver in charge until then.
The only thing good about this job is when you drive off the property and interact with customers. I love this job and my co workers are awesome, san management
And management is a huge reason why I rated this company so low.
It's overall a nice company to work for
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Hanover, MDSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: health care
While making a delivery a customer discovers they either have an item missing or the wrong item, I explain to them how willing the company is to correct the issue. I have learned that you can't please everyone no matter how hard you try, but that usually is one out of a hundred. Because there are several managers I give the lead manager a 9. Co-workers are ok. Time allowed to make each delivery. Seeing a customer who expresses how much they appreciate what we do.
Very chaotic and unproductive work envornment to be around.
3rd Shift Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJuly 18, 2014
Pros: paycheck, lots of overtime
Cons: overtime can be too much, non productive enviornment
No accountability amongst employees, supervisors are run over by employees and the work environment was not productive and it was very chaotic.
A good place to work if you like to be on the go.
Driver (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good pay, very organized
Cons: sometimes dont have enough routes if your a driver.
A good place to work. Can be stressful at times but for the most place its really organized.
No room for advancement
Expeditor (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJune 9, 2014
Pros: always a chance to get overtime
Cons: extremely high turnover rate
I have been in the same position for 2 years and have not received a raise. Whenever a higher level position opens they do external hiring and you have to train your new lead/supervisor. My schedule has changed 3 times in the last month. I never know what time I'm going to get off I just know for a fact it will not be on time.
when I worked for peapod i loved the job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Hanover, MDMay 30, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: management had there fav.
peapod was a very fast pace and very easy job i would love to go back
Fun Coworkers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Hanover, MDMay 1, 2014
Coworkers really made my day when i came to work real fun environment nice workplace management needs some work though learned a lot of things working at Peapod
Simple work cutting ham
Deli Team Member (Current Employee), Lake Zurich, ILApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches once or twise a month
Cons: short breaks
I was able to learn more than 50 hams in 3 months and still learning more. great place to work. the management is great not to strict and not to light, just balance.
Great Balance
Process and Efficiency Lead (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 12, 2014
Peapod is a great company that is trying to focus on young talent. Very aggressive in retention

1 2 3

About Peapod

Too busy making dough to shop for bread? Peapod offers online grocery shopping in 20-plus metro, suburban, and community locations – Read more

Peapod Salaries