Pearl Izumi Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Would not recomend
Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJune 24, 2016
This was the worst company I've ever worked for. The upper management does not care about the employees below them and the communication is terrible. There is no training provided for managers (seemingly) and even when you try to discuss problems they are ignored. The overall environment is difficult to be in due to the lack of communication and most employees being set in their ways and unwilling to compromise or make changes even for the better. I would not wish this job for anyone.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
lack of management, communication, and willingness to improve
Great Place for work and life balance
Sports Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, CONovember 23, 2014
One of the top cycling/running manufacturers in the business. Owned by Shimano America Corp. and a great place to work
Great Place to work, friendly people good environment.
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  louisville coloradoApril 10, 2014
this company was a good place to work. The employees were team players and great to get along with. A typical day would consist of receiving in finished product into the system and then placing into inventory for others to pull orders from. management was easy to deal with.
Productive and fun work place environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, caDecember 17, 2013
Learning about new product and technology in the clothing and shoe of the Pearl Izumi line has been very easy and fun. The learning tools, information provided and the staff have been superb in making this work/learning environment enjoyable.
Pros
get to wear pearl izumi apparel at work (now what office let's you wear workout gear to work?!)
Flexible and fun work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2012
Specialty retail can be unique and fun because you get to help people find exactly what they're looking for. You also get to learn a lot about the products and you can share that with your customers. You get to work around people that enjoy the outdoors like you do therefore, always gaining knowledge about new adventures to be had. Going to cycling events helped get employees out of the normal day-to-day operations. Cycling events were a lot of work but worth the fun and interactions that took place while at them. Each manager is able to put their own unique touch on the store and that is a wonderful perk of working for Pearl Izumi.
An Amazing Job
Manifest Shipping (Current Employee) –  Superior, COOctober 15, 2012
I loved working for this company and I currently work for them. I have become very close with the management staff and with many of the upper management as well. A typical day for me was about 10 hours, but I only worked three days a week, they were great accommodating my school schedule while still giving me enough hours a week to keep myself busy. I loved moving over to shipping and everything I learned in that specific area, including more of the AS400 systems, UPS systems and how to drive forklifts, however I am not certified at the very moment but plan to be before they shut the warehouse down in 10/2013. I
Pros
long breaks, great staff, flexible schedules for part-time, an overall great company.
Cons
many requirements for higher jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pearl Izumi. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3