Pearl Linguistics LTD Employee Reviews

Closed up and disappeared with the money
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 6, 2017
Very poor job culture. Always sending threatening and unpolite emails and text messages complaining about bookings someone has misses. Why to send that to everyone and make everyone feel bad about what they haven't done. Terrible policy, very bad impression. And now just noticed couple days ago on Google that they are permanently closed. I haven't been paid for January. Luckely did take only one booking on February. Wish I would have read review about them befor I started working for them.
Pros
Poor work culture, impossible to contact, closed up and didn't pay
Cons
Poor work culture, impossible to contact, closed up and disappeared with the money
Great atmosphere and knowledgeable management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonNovember 13, 2015
Good company to work for. You are given lots of responsibilities earlier on and learn a lot, but you are supported all the way through. Great exposure to a variety of different clients and exciting projects. Colleagues are all hard-working and good fun. Management is supportive and hands-on.
Avoid them as a pest!!!!!!!
interpreter (Former Employee) –  WakefieldFebruary 17, 2015
I am waiting for a small quote of £32 from May, 2014. I faxed, called and mailed asking for my money. No answer, no money. Fortunately, I did only one job for them because I do not work without payment.
Cons
no payment, empty payment promises
Avoid!
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  LondonFebruary 5, 2015
This is absolutely the worst company I've ever worked for - completely useless and unprofessional. If you're a translator or interpreter, please avoid them at all cost and trust me - there's no point doing any jobs for them as you simply won't get paid.
Pros
Not at all
Cons
Unprofessional, Do not pay!!
Translator Beware
Freelance Translator (Former Employee) –  WorldwideJanuary 2, 2015
When it comes to following through with their promise to pay for services provided to them by translators and interpreters, with almost near perfection, Pearl Linguistics consistently fails to pay on time, all the time. Speaking from personal experience, I have had to contact them to get them to pay my invoices for work already completed, time and time again.

Their finance department is one of the most irresponsible and most atrocious I have had the displeasure of communicating with. (in fact, communication is basically a one-way sort of operation, with them failing to acknowledge your e-mail and messages).

I do not recommend working with or for this company. You do so at the peril of your own financial well-being.
Pros
Cons
Waiting months at a time to get paid for work successfully completed.
If you dont need money, work there for free
freelance translator (Current Employee) –  EnglandDecember 4, 2014
My wife is working as a freelance f2f medical interpreter for Pearl, on a contracted basis where money is promised to be paid at the end of the next month, following the assignments. She has not ever experienced a punctual payment in 1 year of working for them!
I have no words for such a behavior! Finance dep. is not answering phone calls and the excuses that I have read here in other reviews are exactly the same, she is facing. Now we are trying to get paid for September and she has already spent lots of money for phoning them with her mobile, where every call costs money, even if you don't reach them.
You simply cannot work with a company like that and all I can do is warning other people to work with them,-if you are not only working for fun, you will be lost!
Pros
nothing at all
Cons
the stress of a lifetime to get paid
They do not pay for the work you do!!!
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  LondonDecember 1, 2014
I thought I was the one who was not paid! But I see it is most of us, I worked in September, emailed them timessheets on time and still did not get paid!!!! Trying to ring them, but no answer!
Pros
Flexibility
A Great Company to Work
Freelance interpreter (Current Employee) –  Leicester, NYNovember 19, 2014
I love the company culture of this agency more than any others. Every time one of their coordinators call to give me a booking, I can tell they really care about the patient they are working for. So one day I wondered and asked how come they all sound so desperate to fill the booking and my coordinator Neha told me about the company culture training they go through. I was impressed.
Scam, be warned
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  LondonNovember 15, 2014
I doubt any of the people writing good reviews about this company is genuine as it is impossible to treated well as an interpreter in Pearl Linguistics. I saw the exactly same good review somewhere else, I bet it is just copy/paste from a company worker.
They don't pay, and will leave you with no other option than claiming your money legally. It is almost impossible to reach their finance department or any other department by mail or phone call.
I just hope they would be stopped by an authority soon enough.
Cons
Everything.
Pearl Linguistics
Face to face medical interpretor. (Current Employee) –  United KingdomOctober 30, 2014
Apart from a few minor teething problems, *I* have not had any problems. The staff are professional and very decent. I cannot really fault the company much at all. I read all the instructions and committed to memory and from then on it has been 'plain sailing' to be frank.

I'm both medically qualified and speak a non - English language fluently. Therefore I get 5 stars each time. Payment can be tricky at times but no problems really.
Pros
Good salary, friendly approach to employees; very much a decent company in every respect.
Cons
At times payment can be a little slow, but overall, I can't complain.
Face to Face Medical Translator
Medical Translator for Pearl Linguistics (Former Employee) –  Near Birmingham, ENGOctober 10, 2014
A company who seeks idiots to work for free. When I confronted them with hyperlinks to other websites where they also got one star (I would give zero stars if it were possible). Once I confronted these people with about 4 websites where they got 1 star, I was quickly dismissed, not having done a single hour of work for them. I simply asked for an explanation why people are giving them such low ratings. It seems the NHS pays these people and they keep the money. They never pay anyone as far as I know. I believe that I have to visit my MP (Member of Parliament) and then he will help me to go to court to blow their BUBBLE! Greedy so and so's. Besides, they have nobody better at translating Polish/English. They just seem to scam people. I agree with all the reviews that have been posted. Please search other places and leave these scammers alone. You've been warned - your decision.
Pros
Cons
They do not pay employees, and the latter end up giving up or working pro bono. Alas, I'm not ptrepared to work pro bono.
You don't get paid
INTERPRETER (Former Employee) –  LONDONSeptember 27, 2014
I did a job for them at the beginning of may. Despite of several attempts I was't able to get hold of the finance person until beginning of august. When I accidentally caught him, he said he was going to pay me on that day. Still not paid!!!! Eventually I left him a message emphasizing that I will be making an official complain about him and the company. Finally last week I get an email telling me that they didn't have my bank details (which was on my invoice). Yet I sent it again. Have I been paid? No! But I am not going to let it go and will take the matter as far as it goes until I am paid.
Never work for them because you will not see your money!
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  LondonJune 12, 2014
I did an urgent job for them in March last year and despite numerous phone calls and emails, I never got paid. I got as far as them asking to fill out a payment form with the bank details almost a year later, but didn't see the money!
I don't know one single person who did a job for them and didn't have a problem getting paid!
Absolute NO NO
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  EnglandJune 5, 2014
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. They do not pay for any work carried out. I have called and emailed them many times and I have had no reply. I have not been paid a penny after many promises that I will be paid 'within a week'