Pearl River Resort Employee Reviews in United States

Could be better
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSMay 10, 2016
Co-workers talk over supervisors, there is too much favoritism with the supervisors, and poor management. Hopefully, there has been changes over the years, but if not, they need to work with the directors, managers, and supervisors about the positions between them and the duties of co-workers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management
Fun Working Environment and you get to meet alot of different people.
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSApril 9, 2016
A typical day at work is checking in and checking out guest, meeting new people. Having fun with management and getting along with my co-workers even becoming friends.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Fun Place to work
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSMay 4, 2016
Generally a Fun place to work, long odd hours but extremely workable. Great Benefits such as free employee cafeteria, and discounts at Geyser falls water park.
Pros
employee Cafeteria
Cons
Odd Hours
Great place to work for in previous years.
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSNovember 10, 2015
Typical day at work providing great customer service for our guest so they would come back. I learned the value of having a dollar and having a job. The management changed so often in my years there. My department of co-workers was more than amazing. The hardest part of the job was the frequent changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the new guest from different places.
Pros
free lunches, pto cash outs
Cons
open everyday of the year
working
Maintenance Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSDecember 18, 2015
it has been an experience working for this place I thank God for it because it has help me provide for my family. It can be hard to advance and get better skills to move forward. Plus they make it hard get raises and bonus
Pros
free lunchs, meeting new people
Cons
advances, trying to get appreciation
Great experience, great benefits
Multimedia Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSFebruary 9, 2016
I increased my knowledge in Graphic Design at Pearl River Resort. There were many challenges in all areas. The benefits were great and associates were hard working.
Co-Work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSNovember 23, 2015
A everyday on the job is checking truck and deliver to restaurant and office in the resort day to day and checking product to make sure it not bad to served to the guess of the resort
Pros
Cons
we had health insurance
Pearl River Resort
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at work is that I come in and run down my dealers racks to make sure that all the money is accounted for learn the guest then make sure that all the procedures are being performed correctly. I have learned to work with all different types of personalities n perform under pressure situations. Management Team there is outstanding. For the most part all the co-workers that I work with have great with guest service and are very professional. The hardest part of my job is settling disputes with guest. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing the guest enjoying there time spent with us at the Pearl River Resort
Pros
Working with outstanding co-workers good working conditions.
Cons
Can come across some hositle guest.
Very productive and fun place to work.
Player Services Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Choctaw, MSNovember 30, 2015
Very productive place to work and meet new people. I went from being a cashier to becoming a lead cashier to now being a supervisor.
Indian gaming vs. commercial is very demanding and influenced by tribal government
Guest Services Manager/Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSMay 24, 2015
I was given the role of Guest Services Manager to handle guest relations, training and development of team members resort wide and with a zero department budget and a one woman team working and serving all three shifts of over 3000 team members was a challenge but a great reward when each individual reached his or her goals and made our guests happy!!! I was in a management role without any guidance, coaching or leadership training so I just learned to create my own programs of delivering excellent service and mostly hands on with all team members and management but was sometimes blocked from upper management because this is not what they wanted to happen...
Pros
great ommunity relations
Cons
24-7 casino business and my phone never stopped ringing
Great events and co-workers
Air Charter Manager (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSApril 27, 2015
My days were busy, but filled with fun and great team work. I learned how to communicate with a lot of different personalities. The management had some opportunities in leadership. The hardest part of the job was dealing with inebriated customers. I loved meeting new people!
Everday was a great day..
Rewards Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSDecember 30, 2014
As I worked for the Casino for many years , each day was amazing .
The coworkers & guest always kept the day going, watching the smiles on their faces as u help them with many different options that the casino offers was worth the hardest day of work ever.
Cons
not being enough of me to go around.
Great workplace
Games Auditor (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSJune 18, 2014
My typical day at work consisted of auditing the tablegames, and cage for the goldenmoon casino and also doing taxes for the state of mississippi. I learned how to do taxes, and how to audit!!!!! Management was great because they gave you the opportunity to advance and gain other skills. My coworkers were the best we worked as a team and struggled as a team this was an awesome job for me. There was nothing really hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job I was doing something that I liked it was not just a job it was a career!!!!!!
Pros
free lunches, bonuses!!!!!!!!
Cons
na
fun dealing table games at casino
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  MSJanuary 31, 2014
working for pearl river resort is fun but also not so fun. U learn a lot u meet a lot of different people and learn how to communicate with a lot of different people. The hardest part of this job is standing on a dead game because u cant look around hands have to be on the table at all times and when u are spoken to by a floor supervisor u can not turn around and look at them. The best part is cutting up and making sure the guest have a really good time and want to come back.
Pros
steady work
Cons
some of management
Productive and fun environment.
Dealer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSDecember 2, 2013
A typical day at work was full of excitement and yet very professional and productive. I learned to deal all games, supervise, and coordinate weekly tournaments. I had a lot of different management throughout each night so I had to learn each one and what they expected of me. I work with a lot of co-workers who where always willing to help everybody out. The hardest part of the job was the cigarette smoke we had to breath in every night. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching patrons having a good time and winning.
Pros
free healthcare for a single person, free lunch, good salary
Cons
cigarette smoke, irrate guest
Productive workplace; gym, shopping areas
Assistant Hard Count Manager (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MS.March 23, 2012
Set up the floor to take money out of the slot machines. Transport the money to the count room and count the money. I learned how the entertaiment world operates. Management was laid back and not very organized. My co-workers were very cooperative and forthcoming. The hardest par of my job was getting acclimated to the various shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job was training the younger associates.
Pros
401k, free lunches, vacations
Cons
Exciting and entertaining atmosphere.
Buffet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSApril 28, 2012
A typical day would be full of hustle and bustle, attending to several guest while maintaining a positive attitude and a smile.

I loved working with the public and meeting people from all over world.

Management was very well organized and adhered to all rules and policies.

The hardest part was being away from my family during holidays.

The most enjoyable part was serving the guest.
Pros
free lunch, excellent benefits
Cons
worked all holidays and weekends
Productive and a good environmental workplace.
Restaurant Food Server (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSMay 23, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job would be associating with each guest that approaches me. Sometimes there would be a few guests that do not like to associate with people he/she do not know but the ones that do, always have something to talk about.
Pros
discounts in several departments of the company.
Cons
healthcare, holiday offs is not included.
Supervise casino dealer on table games, as well as balance the banks on the casino tables, knowledge to title 31, and provide good guest services.
Table Games Pit Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSOctober 4, 2013
A typical day at work was plesant, but being new in a new enviroment , you have to earn respect and give respect. The management I really enjoyed having as my manager.
Pros
free lunches, standard hourly wages, and good benefits.
Cons
the hours
Pearl River Is a Great place to work.
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSNovember 7, 2014
Pearl River gives you the chance to advance in your career. They also have a great management team that is active in assisting their employees. The most enjoyable part of Pearl River Resort is the hands on experience with the guest.