Pearl River Resort Employee Reviews in United States

it's a good job
cashier (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSJuly 27, 2016
I liked meeting new people that came in the store. I enjoy putting the displays together to get people to come in the store. I liked helping them fine what they need
Could be better
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSMay 10, 2016
Co-workers talk over supervisors, there is too much favoritism with the supervisors, and poor management. Hopefully, there has been changes over the years, but if not, they need to work with the directors, managers, and supervisors about the positions between them and the duties of co-workers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management
Fun Place to work
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSMay 4, 2016
Generally a Fun place to work, long odd hours but extremely workable. Great Benefits such as free employee cafeteria, and discounts at Geyser falls water park.
Pros
employee Cafeteria
Cons
Odd Hours
Fun Working Environment and you get to meet alot of different people.
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSApril 9, 2016
A typical day at work is checking in and checking out guest, meeting new people. Having fun with management and getting along with my co-workers even becoming friends.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Great experience, great benefits
Multimedia Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSFebruary 9, 2016
I increased my knowledge in Graphic Design at Pearl River Resort. There were many challenges in all areas. The benefits were great and associates were hard working.
working
Maintenance Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSDecember 18, 2015
it has been an experience working for this place I thank God for it because it has help me provide for my family. It can be hard to advance and get better skills to move forward. Plus they make it hard get raises and bonus
Pros
free lunchs, meeting new people
Cons
advances, trying to get appreciation
Very productive and fun place to work.
Player Services Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Choctaw, MSNovember 30, 2015
Very productive place to work and meet new people. I went from being a cashier to becoming a lead cashier to now being a supervisor.
Co-Work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSNovember 23, 2015
A everyday on the job is checking truck and deliver to restaurant and office in the resort day to day and checking product to make sure it not bad to served to the guess of the resort
Pros
Cons
we had health insurance
Great place to work for in previous years.
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSNovember 10, 2015
Typical day at work providing great customer service for our guest so they would come back. I learned the value of having a dollar and having a job. The management changed so often in my years there. My department of co-workers was more than amazing. The hardest part of the job was the frequent changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the new guest from different places.
Pros
free lunches, pto cash outs
Cons
open everyday of the year
Pearl River Resort
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at work is that I come in and run down my dealers racks to make sure that all the money is accounted for learn the guest then make sure that all the procedures are being performed correctly. I have learned to work with all different types of personalities n perform under pressure situations. Management Team there is outstanding. For the most part all the co-workers that I work with have great with guest service and are very professional. The hardest part of my job is settling disputes with guest. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing the guest enjoying there time spent with us at the Pearl River Resort
Pros
Working with outstanding co-workers good working conditions.
Cons
Can come across some hositle guest.
Indian gaming vs. commercial is very demanding and influenced by tribal government
Guest Services Manager/Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSMay 24, 2015
I was given the role of Guest Services Manager to handle guest relations, training and development of team members resort wide and with a zero department budget and a one woman team working and serving all three shifts of over 3000 team members was a challenge but a great reward when each individual reached his or her goals and made our guests happy!!! I was in a management role without any guidance, coaching or leadership training so I just learned to create my own programs of delivering excellent service and mostly hands on with all team members and management but was sometimes blocked from upper management because this is not what they wanted to happen...
Pros
great ommunity relations
Cons
24-7 casino business and my phone never stopped ringing
Great events and co-workers
Air Charter Manager (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSApril 27, 2015
My days were busy, but filled with fun and great team work. I learned how to communicate with a lot of different personalities. The management had some opportunities in leadership. The hardest part of the job was dealing with inebriated customers. I loved meeting new people!
Everday was a great day..
Rewards Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSDecember 30, 2014
As I worked for the Casino for many years , each day was amazing .
The coworkers & guest always kept the day going, watching the smiles on their faces as u help them with many different options that the casino offers was worth the hardest day of work ever.
Cons
not being enough of me to go around.
Pearl River Is a Great place to work.
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSNovember 7, 2014
Pearl River gives you the chance to advance in your career. They also have a great management team that is active in assisting their employees. The most enjoyable part of Pearl River Resort is the hands on experience with the guest.
Fun place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSAugust 5, 2014
Fun work place always enjoyed seeing the guest that came to the Casino because they were always glad to see me. I had a special bond with some of the guest and they hated to see me leave. when you go to work you need to leave all the negativity at home in order for you to have a great day always smile, make the people that come into your place of business feel welcome and always invite them to come back again. Well with management I think it need some improvement to make the business a little more fun for the people that came there to enjoy themselves it was a lot of complaints from the guest about management. The hardest part of the job was when the guest got there flex credits on there players club card and they would come in and clean off shelves of chips and candy then while you're trying to stock everything again more people come in before you get done stocking. My co-workers that I worked with we all got along very well and we worked well together but you did have a few slackers that half did their job. The most enjoyable part of my job was when some of the guest come that I haven't seen in a while and we catch on what's been going on with them you know I really miss those people but before I moved we exchanged phone numbers and took pictures so we could keep in touch and took pictures so we wouldn't forget each other and also cried a few tears.
Pros
we got free lunch in our edr
Cons
need to see more of upper management
I was there 10 years
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia MSJuly 24, 2014
I'm very grateful I had a job at Pearl River. They gave me an opportunity when I didn't have one.
wonderful facility, too much politics
Room Chef (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSJuly 17, 2014
too much tribal influence in the day to day operations, which causes dissension in the front line associates
Pros
good place to start a career
Cons
not a place to finish one
Great workplace
Games Auditor (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSJune 18, 2014
My typical day at work consisted of auditing the tablegames, and cage for the goldenmoon casino and also doing taxes for the state of mississippi. I learned how to do taxes, and how to audit!!!!! Management was great because they gave you the opportunity to advance and gain other skills. My coworkers were the best we worked as a team and struggled as a team this was an awesome job for me. There was nothing really hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job I was doing something that I liked it was not just a job it was a career!!!!!!
Pros
free lunches, bonuses!!!!!!!!
Cons
na
Productive and a good environmental workplace.
Restaurant Food Server (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSMay 23, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job would be associating with each guest that approaches me. Sometimes there would be a few guests that do not like to associate with people he/she do not know but the ones that do, always have something to talk about.
Pros
discounts in several departments of the company.
Cons
healthcare, holiday offs is not included.
fun dealing table games at casino
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  MSJanuary 31, 2014
working for pearl river resort is fun but also not so fun. U learn a lot u meet a lot of different people and learn how to communicate with a lot of different people. The hardest part of this job is standing on a dead game because u cant look around hands have to be on the table at all times and when u are spoken to by a floor supervisor u can not turn around and look at them. The best part is cutting up and making sure the guest have a really good time and want to come back.
Pros
steady work
Cons
some of management

Pearl River Resort Reviews by Location