PEARL Employee Reviews

Great Supplemental Income
Driver (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 2, 2017
Wonderful people and very stress-free.
I worked as a driver and would recommend this job for someone needing part-time work or supplemental income. No set hours, which works well when a person has other obligations.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Some trips can take 10-16 hours
Great job
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pear harbor honolulu hiSeptember 24, 2017
It's a great environment and you can see all of the ocean everyday we worked on ships and I don't think I can say I never worked harder in my life and had fun doing so
Pros
All around great
Cons
Sweeting none stop
good for self motivated people
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Peoria Heights, ILSeptember 16, 2017
the housekeeping position will keep you busy running between buildings but it makes the day go by faster and you when you are done you can leave its not a set schedule but a rough idea of when you are needed
Can't do anything right
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 30, 2017
Employees are not valued. Awful retention, poor resources, bad leadership. Below market pay plan. Completely unresponsive to problems and unable to generate sufficient sales or revenue. A pitiful waste of great brands in a fine community .
Pros
Great brands
Cons
Ineffective leadership, poor integrity.
Fast paced
Head Waiter (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLApril 19, 2017
This facility is no longer in business, but when it was, it was a very fast paced environment. Full of entertained and catered mainly to the Russian community. It was a great place to try Russian cuisine and great place for dancing. It was open late and allowed the customers to enjoy the night after hours.
Very steady with hours and same job everyday.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, KYApril 6, 2017
A typical day at work is Answering the phone, making sure my hours are calculated right and working with people to get affordable health insurance. What I've learned with this job is you have to be patient with people and attendance and being to work on time is very important. It is very well managed the supervisors are very understanding and they just do there job and try to make everyone job as easy as possible. There isn't a hard part its a pretty laid back job and the Easiest is your job is the same everyday.
Pros
Easy Job, very well scheduled, and steady pay rate and hours.
Cons
Daily Commute, being in a cubical not much physical work, nothing to do in spare time.
Stressful Work, not enough pay
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYApril 19, 2016
I really did like this job. It help me gain new work skills, but I just think this was a very stressful job and not enough support from management. This job has taught me new skills and I would love to stay in the field of helping people. The hardest part about this job was keeping your calm. Getting cursed out everyday by consumers is no fun
Pick my own hours
answer, SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Very busy and you get to help people as well as businesses with their vehicle problems. via the internet. No security and you never know how much you will make each month
Pros
Stay at home
Cons
Have to work almost non stop
Very busy seen a lot of beautiful homes
HOUSEKEEPER/OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Salem, SCSeptember 21, 2015
It was a job at the moment but there was no room for improvent because it was such a small company.You never got a raise because it was a small owned company.
Pros
You got to keep some things
Cons
No room for improvement
This was a fun place to work getting to know new people and working with the public was great!
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJuly 24, 2014
This was a beautiful location, at historic Shem Creek, ton of local people and tourists visited this shop, therefore it was always a fun place to work.
Pros
made a ton of new friends!
Cons
fun nice employees poping pocorn
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2014
my job is to prepare everything before the next movie set which is poping fresh popcorn, keeping hot cheese, fresh pretzels out and ready, have nacho bags warm keeping the floor clean and the conters wiped.
Pros
free movies and discounts
Cons
small space
No order in the work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2014
Management didn't know how to communicate with the employees. Co-workers would be friendly & helpful. Hardest part was never getting a raise, and having to multitask all the time, lack of hiring more people.
Cons
never getting a raise
clean up and relax
Car Washer (Former Employee) –  brookpark, ohioNovember 12, 2013
pick up trash at multiple locations then relaxed. i learned how to manage my money.,
Many ambitious employees who want to do great things.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 25, 2013
Great group of colleagues who want to build great things to help others. Fully stocked kitchens and lunch 2x a week. For the most part a young, inexperienced management team with a disconnection on how to manage their folks. Management appears to want to do a better job of managing their teams. Good place to land and get your experience for two years before looking for a more established company.
Pros
Fully stocked kitchens, Presidio location, dog friendly
Cons
Typical cashiering job with no room to grow.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 19, 2013
Typical cashiering job with no room to grow.
The most enjoyable part was my coworkers. And the discount was good since I needed supplies for school.
Good job. I loved working in the Drum/Music business and helping shape the company.
Sales Coordinator & Market Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 4, 2012
I handled a lot of data and market analysis. The day to day work could be very tedious and boring. I felt that my skills and creativity were stifled because there was little or no room for company growth. The management at Pearl did care very much for the company and their employees. They were personally there for me during a major health crisis and I am forever grateful for that. The hardest part of the job was trying to make each day interesting. The day to day was a struggle to keep it exciting. The best part of the job was in the new product areas. Seeing a new product before anyone else and being able to get it to the people who use it every day was exciting. Working with new gear and the endorser artists was my favorite part.
Pros
excellent health benefits, great employees & a relaxed enviornment.
Cons
no real career growth.