Pearle Vision

Pearle Vision United States Employee Reviews

Productive !
Sales Associate (Former Employee), frederick mdApril 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working with the customers and in the environment helping with optical sales. Seeing customers happy with a new pair of glasses made me very happy at the end of the day!
Good
Optician (Former Employee), Rochester, MIMarch 25, 2015
Employer is very nice and willing to work with your schedule. You help customers pick out frames and other duties around the store as needed. Also talk with insurance companies.
Good area to work with good co-workers
Sales (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: fast paced environment
Cons: non supportive manager
Interacting with patients from making appointments, verifying their insurance coverage, answering questions about products, adjusting and repairing eyeglasses. Overall up keep of the office.
Very productive workplace with excellent customer service
Doctor's Assistant/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Victor, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: co-workers, management, patients
Cons: dealing with extremely irate patients, but turning the situation positive and exceeding their expectations
I enjoyed going to work every day, because of the people I work with but most of all working with the patients that come in every day and helping them with their vision needs and exceeding their expectations when they wanted to purchase new glasses or contact lenses and answering all their questions.
Same company, different location
Manager/Optician (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDDecember 9, 2014
This was my first store, the one that I started at and I loved the people there, and still keep in touch with them to this day. I had the benefit of being trained by a group of people that had extensive experience and that gave me a strong sense of confidence that still serves me to this day
Was terminated illegally
Optician (Current Employee), Upper Darby, PANovember 11, 2014
Cons: no healthcare because my rx for hiv was to costly
A co-worker recorded me without my knowledge and have a law suit pending
Great place to work!
Optician (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILNovember 5, 2014
Assisted optometrist taking over store ownership with building up clientele and patient base...
Laid back
Optician (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good location and friendly customers.
Cons: constant staff turnover
Great job and easy to stay busy. Always having something to do whether administrative or not.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential!
Optician/ Receptionist (Current Employee), 60160November 1, 2014
Cons: limited room for advancement, but job security is great.
You work independently for the post part trying to make sales and submit your insurance claims. It can get pretty busy, so it's important to be able to manage yourself in high stress level situations.
Challenging and relied upon to do various things
Optician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2014
Customer service is very important in this occupation and this location in order for the customers to repeatedly come back for business
A great place to work, I have been privledged to meet and work with amazing people throughout my career
Store Manager (Current Employee), Murray, UTOctober 23, 2014
Through my years with my current employer I have had the opportunity to work with some wonderful co-workers. I have learned and great through the years. I have become more patient and understanding to people circumstances.

I loved meeting and having the opportunity to work people from all walks of life. Everyone has a story that is worth listening to.

I have become a great salesman, and wonderful listener, a firm and compassionate manger, and one that can multi-task extremely well.
Many responsibilities given to one manager
General Sales Manager (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAOctober 23, 2014
I was asked to run two separate locations, temporarily, which i gladly did. It the became a permanent situation where I was accountable for filling the appointment book for both doctors. Approve all insurances for both the doctors exam and for the glasses/contacts on the retail side.

The most difficult part of this job was the initial training for all of the optical information.

The most enjoyable part of this job for me, was helping individuals get fit into their new lenses and sending them on their way!
Very professional place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 6, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: short breaks
This place was always professional and very good paying, a lot of hard work but it is something new to learn.
Company with long, respected history in the optometric field
Lead Lab Associate/Optician (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great training programs, path for management
Cons: monetary goal-driven, mall hours
Company focuses on retail end of the optometry industry. Employees expected to meet store goals and salary based on commission.
fun group to work with
Optician (Current Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 25, 2014
its a family base office. we are on a first name basis with the patients. Co-worker are fun to work with. small office great location. no drama
Not a bad place to work
Sales Associate/ Doctor Assistant (Former Employee), Victor, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: discounted eyewear
Cons: not much opportunity to advance
Learned valuable people skills. Co-workers were easy to get along with for the most part.
Customer service and good knowledge of the products are very important.
Licensed Optician (Former Employee), Providence, RISeptember 20, 2014
Pros: meeting people.
Cons: trying to satisfy every customer was a difficult challenge.
I started out as an apprentice Optician and Pearle Vision provided education classes to help me obtain my licenses. I had great coworkers and we managed to have fun while working in a very busy store. My co workers and management were very helpful when iy=t came to learning the optical business,
Eye Health Group
Optometric Technician (Former Employee), Totowa, NJSeptember 12, 2014
A typical day at work is calling and verifying insurances, scheduling appointments, ordering contact lens, submitting insurances. I've learned a lot dealing with your eye health and insurances. My co-workers were all very energetic. eager to learn and responsible. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people and screening patients and knowing patients left with a happy experience.
N/A
Optician (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 10, 2014
The company was good to me and i thank them for everything they have taught me now im more versatile as far as dispensing and working in the lab
Very busy
Retail manager (Former Employee), Novi, MISeptember 1, 2014
Pros: sales of the week/month, commute
Cons: holiday weekends
Where we were located, we always had a busy day. Constantly working and approaching customers when needed. Worked a lot of weekends and holidays but managed to consistently raise in sales and become sales of the week.

1 2 3 4 5