Pearson Employee Reviews in United States

The most enjoyable part of the job
Finance Director, Higher Education (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2016
The passion that most coworkers have for the business of advancing education through digital and traditional solutions makes it a rewarding place to work. Furthermore, it's a complicated and multifaceted business model which leads to many creative problem solving opportunities.
Pros
Smart and competent coworkers
Cons
Currently in a tough market conditions
Pearson was a leading organization with a great corporate culture
Director of Student Advocacy and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 24, 2016
Alot has changed in the past 2-3 years with our new CEO and reorganization. Although there is alot more flexibility than with other jobs, the company does not support talent and has lost a ton to other companies and industries.
If you like working for a machine...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 22, 2016
Pearson is a machine that pushes down demands and does not support reps. Managers only want hear good things and will shut you down when you identify problems and ask for sulutions.
Pros
Some Flexibilty
Cons
They only push down they do not lift up.
Friendly enviroment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  CarolinaAugust 19, 2016
Everyday at work is different. Different dutties require by supervisor. Not everyday had to be at he office somedays i work at the office or school and sometimes i could be working on the road collecting documents from different schools since the company works with school activities.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2016
Fantastic work/life balance and a company that provided me with opportunities to advance to program management as well as areas in business continuity and information security.

I appreciate and value my time with Pearson and wish their new adventures all the success possible.
assisting customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAAugust 11, 2016
Answering phones to assist customers and their loved ones about medicare. checking available dates of their benefits. enrolling them into prescription drug plans
Everyday
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 10, 2016
It is a good place to work with good benefits. However, it is every hard to work around family life with children outside of the work area. It is very hard to get a days off.
Great Leadership and partnering between cross functions to keep up morale and insure profitability.
HR Site Admin., A &I Division (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 8, 2016
A typical day at work in HR is different everyday because you are dealing with associates,vendors, management team. You have to be able to prioritize and make the best decision you can based on what you know are the facts and what history is available..Always fast paced. There is nothing that can't be done without a little thinking outside the box and keeping an eye on profitability.

Trust building and relationship building are the most important lesson learned. Build relationships with everyone especially your management team. When you make a decision you have take into account what the impact on the other parties will be and if it creates a hardship find some work around so everyone is on board with the decision.

Management: be their consultant. Always keep them in the loop and find ways to help them achieve their goals. HR is not just a support function we truly are business partners and you must understand the business side
My management team meets weekly and discusses service levels, update financials,job openings and what is being done to fill them,plus marketing strategies,technology hiccups and new acceptance testing and any HR activities that will take place that week or in the next month that require the operations departments support,while maintaining service levels and ensuring associate participation.

Termination is one of the hardest parts of the job because sometimes the job is just not a good match, Could be a recruitment error. Sometimes terminating for cause is difficult meaning someone used bad judgement.. Hate Site audits. Processing death
  more... claims..

Easiest thing is seeing associates get promoted based on excellent training that I or Managers have provided. Having management understand how I am willing to help them run their business. Providing council to the Vice-Presidents of the organization..Working on cross functional teams.
Pros
Birthday recognition monthly, Awards for a job done far above standards, and Incentives for al based on scorecard results, productivity, and attendance
Cons
Not spending much time at home
Positive experience overall
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 3, 2016
Great company with average benefits. Very non-toxic and slow environment. They think they are agile, however their SDLC is waterfall, due to many parts of the projects being outsourced.

For such a large corporation, they need to stop outsourcing and invest into Engineers, that is where dept of education will head in the future. Too bad upper management doesn't know much about the SDLC therefore, by trying to save money, they hit themselves below the belt. This company is the "BlackBerry" of academical world in it's prime. Unless the company pivots, not sure how long Pearson will last.
Pros
Flexible WFH policy, great work/life balance, great co-workers!
Cons
Lack of innovation, working on outdated technology.
Loved my job
Senior Art Development Editor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 3, 2016
I loved my job but my position was eliminated despite a stellar work record, I would be concerned about stability. Large company that throws around the buzz word efficacy but really doesn't practice it.

I was able to work remotely which made balancing work and life easier. My coworkers and managers were awesome.
Great company with excellent benefits.
Senior Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 27, 2016
Worked for Pearson for over 15 years. It was a great fast paced, deadline driven environment. New challenges created new knowledge build up every season. Excellent Benefits including dental, medical, vision, 401k, as well as employee stock and tuition reimbursement . It really was a great place to work.
Pros
Unparalleled benefits/ excellent work/life balance
Flexible
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 27, 2016
Pearson encourages autonomy and is very supportive of flexible work environments and telecommuting. There was limited advancement opportunities during my tenure due to restructuring but the company is supportive of development and continuing education.
Pros
Telecommute options, benefits
Cons
Limited advancement opportunity
part-time overnight good part-time position
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Upper Saddle River, NJJuly 26, 2016
It was a very positive experience,fellow employees in security were very good to work with.It was a contract security firm that changed ownership many times,resulting in poor management.
Pros
the pay was decent for a contract security firm
Cons
no room to advance
Fast-paced, friendly office environment
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 26, 2016
Pearson is an office-based call center. As an Enrollment Counselor, I guide students enrolling in ASU Online throughout the enrollment process.
excellent work environment/friendly people
Resource Coordinator / Project Editor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2016
Pretty typical 8-5 office job. Very relaxed atmosphere (jeans ok, etc.).
Many different roles done many different people, but everyone worked towards the same goal. Everyone was very pleasant to work with.
Pros
flexible, good benefits, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no job security
Flexible environment
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  NJJuly 25, 2016
Pearson allowed me to work from home full time due to shifts in management. As management was moved out of state, I was allowed to work remotely and continue my work uninterrupted. I was very fortunate to have a very accommodating manager, and was very productive while working remotely. I only had to travel 2-3 times a year for meetings.
Pros
flexibility, supportive team
Cons
transferring business ideas created need for reorganization
Great work culture!
Quality and Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 25, 2016
Great advancement opportunities, and great management! Benefits are amazing! I loved my coworkers and the company really takes care of their employees.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager Facilities/operations (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 22, 2016
Great co-workers. A great place to work and will miss the employees. Everyday I came into work was a new advantage to complete the job task at hand. Great
Pros
Great people
Cons
Job security
Grest
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2016
Great experience. Was a perfect time for me to work this Job as my kids got older. It was a job that I loved that was pretty easy,
Fast paced with constant change
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 21, 2016
Overall good place to work but market changes the past 3 years and constant rightsizing have led to low employee morale.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Low morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pearson. Our community is ready to answer.