Pearson Employee Reviews

Awesome workplace and overtime
Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 19, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture of the workplace. The day seemed to always go by fast because of the constant feedback and 3 day or less deadlines. The main requirement is that you have a bachelor's degree and it was nice to work with such professionals.
great
Standardized test scorer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 17, 2017
It's contract work at a decent wage(for phoenix) grading papers. Once you're over the learning curve, the work is relaxing and mostly easy. Management is helpful and easy-going.
Poor Management
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 16, 2017
Working at Pearson was enjoyable and fulfilling until new management eliminated a handful of employees for personal and unethical reasons. Otherwise it was a decent place to work.
Productive team oriented workplace
Production Editor for College Science Textbooks (Former Employee) –  Upper Saddle River, NJAugust 16, 2017
Working at Pearson was a wonderful learning experience with a team atmosphere. They were always on the cutting edge of technology and there was room for advancement.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks
Balanced workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2017
Working for Pearson Education warehouse I was able to get plenty of hours and a fair pay. There were a lot of workers, but the culture was decent to me. The only reason I would not recommend Pearson is because their company got bought out, so I do not know who is in charge of the warehouse now.
Great company
Test Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 14, 2017
This was a wonderfully run office where professionalism and a friendly manner reigned. We were very focused on test requirements to ensure sound license testing was provided.
Plagued by continuing lay-offs
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Hadley, MAAugust 11, 2017
On the corporate level, things have been bad for years and show no sign of stabilizing. Upper management has made some poor decisions and thousands have lost their jobs, with the remaining employees struggling to do the work of multiple people. Time-wasters such as the painful annual employee goal exercise and periodic rebranding add to the stress. The situation at local offices varies, as it does by department, but where I worked people were nice and good to work with, despite the deteriorating situation.
Pros
Good benefits and nice people
Cons
Chaos and no job security
It was time to move on
WriteRAP Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2017
16+ years, and I had a string of good managers. But, in the last five years or so, the management changes contributed to a sweeping culture change that didn't suit me. I was eventually outsourced with no warning, and found the necessity to train my own replacement as a means to acquire my severance package to be dehumanizing.

Places change. Pearson changed over my tenure, but not for the better. That seems to be reflected in their stock price.
Great Environment
Customer Service/Technical Support (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2017
Working for Pearson is an absolute pleasure, the environment is awesome and everyone is very friendly with a great culture. I work with clinicians on a daily basis placing order for new assessments, helping navigate through our scoring platforms, and also resolving complaint and concerns. I love working here.
Pros
Food Trucks, Opportunity for growth
Excellent Except Restructuring Efforts
Manager in IT (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAAugust 6, 2017
Pearson is an excellent place to work. They allow employees to work remotely and fully support home/work life balance. They have provided me with career advancement opportunities and also pay for my MBA classes. The one issue with Pearson is the constant restructuring, making their employees feel at risk all the time.
Slow decline of a once proud company
Production (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 3, 2017
Pearson has been shedding so many jobs (around 10% or around 4,000 of their workforce in 2016), a majority of the people I worked with wonder if they are just on borrowed time. Management seem to change course every quarter, selling off pieces here and there to raise capital.
Pros
as of 2017 still great health benefits, flexible work schedules, able to work from home, caring co-workers
Cons
bad or no culture, not trusting of upper executives
Consultant
Curriculum Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 2, 2017
I loved Pearson Education. It was a wonderful place to work. Employees were treated fairly and compensated accordingly. I would recommend this company very highly.
Disorganized and constant reorganization
Content Developer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 26, 2017
My most recent supervisor was 25 and had no idea what she was doing. We were constantly given different direction, changed focus often, and there was no job security. I was given a superlative review and laid off 2 weeks later.
fun and fast paced
Line Leader/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJuly 25, 2017
I loved my job and miss working since they closed the warehouse. We all worked as a team to get everything done in a timely mannor. Worked with all different types of people. Operated equipment, worked overtime if needed. Management usually helped when needed.
Pros
great people
Cons
sometimes not busy enough to keep everyone going
Lax yet structured
Technical Support Analyst Level (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 19, 2017
This work environment can be very different for different positions. Depending on your department, project, and contract, you may feel pretty good, or pretty nervous about your future there. Unfortunately this type of industry in a corporate context isn't ideal for many stability and morale. Pearson owns vast swaths of intellectual property in numerous domains and losses. They are undergoing a lot of restructuring, which also seems ominous in their growth outlook.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Worked remotely so created my own work culture
Style Editor (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 19, 2017
My job started off great, but as the company got bigger, our team expanded from 15 to 32, and what was once a good work culture became a nonexistent one. My manager couldn't manage 32 people, but she was still expected to give us annual reviews while not having a clue what we did. I learned to manage my time because every summer we had tight deadlines and it could be a bit chaotic. I learned to work with difficult personalities so that we could still get things done correctly and on-time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with, many who remain my good friends to this day, even though we no longer work together.
productive workplace
Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 17, 2017
A productive workplace with deadlines...
An at home position the past several years which started out at an office. This is a temporary job.
I learned to be attentive to details in having to assign papers a grade.
I learned certain standards and trained on certain materials in order to meet certain standards and goals for each product.
I learned that quality is important but balancing that with quantity.
The hardest part was meeting objectives at times and having to keep up a certain percentage on projects.
The most enjoyable was being challenged to meet those standards and growing and learning and being stretched.
Wonderful experience
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2017
Working for Pearson Education allowed me to work from home because it was a contractual work assignment. Because I was responsible for reviewing, rewriting, and updating lecture materials, it was an absolutely wonderful experience. It is may hope to work for Pearson again.
Pros
Work from home, freedom for family time
Cons
Time consuming
N/a
Test Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 14, 2017
Interesting and always something new to learn. Meet new people daily. My job is to keep candidates spirits up.
They are all over the world. They are many sites to choose from.
Cons
N/a
Quick-paced culture with great advancement potential
Sales Management (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 12, 2017
Pearson has afforded me the opportunity to advance quickly in my career, and I would strongly recommend the company to those who are willing to work both hard and independently.
Pros
Health benefits; flexible work environment
Cons
Culture is always changing; management in flux

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pearson. Our community is ready to answer.