Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

Open to your opinion without issues
Consultant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 28, 2015
The company was courteous and interested in your work with suggestions. You were able to be creative with your facts and explanations. The work environment was conducive to a friendly work climate.
Stress free, fun and productive workspace
Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Centennial, COAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
The work culture at Pearson is really good. The work load is not much. Working hours are flexible. Love to a part of such organization
Fun and interesting.
Scorer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Some of the essays were quite interesting.
Cons: We receive two 15 minute brakes and 30 minute lunch brakes.
I worked approximately 40 hours per week scoring public school students reading, writing, and punctuation test from home on my computer.The hardest part of the job was understanding students handwriting when they did not use a computer. This job is temporally from March to July each year.
Good company with great people
Project Manager, Marketing & K-12 Events (Current Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 24, 2015
Pearson is a good company to work for. They are fair, professional and the market leader in education. The downside is the constant change and re-organization. Instead of exploring other careers within Pearson I have been fortunate to hold onto to my position. Pearson has a well educated, hard working employee base.
good
Part-time English Language Arts Scorer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2015
Cons: Pay is not always correct
Able to score at my own hours. It is suitable for stay at home moms. I am able to work from home or log in at any location. There is assistance available when we have scoring concerns. Highly recommend this job to anyone.
Great Place To Work
Cherry Picker Operator (Former Employee), Monroe, NJAugust 22, 2015
Great company to work for. Great management and employees. Advance very quickly if you apply yourself. Fun environment and owner takes care of the employees.
Company in flux.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Centennial, ColoradoAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Technology is current, co-workers great, flexible work hours
Cons: Pay is average, turnover is high. No firm direction in technology, Outsourcing is taking hold
The company is trying to find its way. There is a transition underway from the old publishing guard to the new online world. Because of this transition there is a heavy turnover rate in all areas, Technology more so. The Centennial and Boston offices in particular have a problem

The Business Management is more on tract than the technology management. There continues to be a struggle between the new technology leadership on the best approach which continues to cause thrashing and uncertainty among the tech teams.

The PMO area is either non existent in some areas or establishing itself in others.In the areas that is has a foothold it is top heavy with a weak middle management.This is a go along to get along area

If you are looking for a fast pace environment this is not the place for you.

A word to the wise - technology is going places. !!!!!
Horrible Company
Customer service Rep (Former Employee), Bloomington , MNAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, lots of time off.
Cons: Horrible management, horrible company, stressful calls, no advancement, not a friendly place.
They will lay you off quick. I was a Representative at the Blooming ton location. People are not friendly management feel they are high superior than you are when in reality they are nothing. Job flow is not good, and no clear directions on how to do your job they just sort of throw you in there. The pay is the lowest with call centers and you will get over worked and underpaid while people set you up to get fired. Oh yea turn over ratio is high there they do not keep employees because they will find reasons to get rid of you. So while you use the computers to chat don't say too much.
Met some great people
Channel Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great benefits!
Cons: Poor communication, no clear direction
At first it was great, but in the last two years it went down hill. I enjoyed my time there and the different roles I worked.
Great work environment
Scanner Operator (Former Employee), Iowa City IowaAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Great team work and work environment
Cons: Temporary Job
Great place to work, management is always on top of things making the daily flow go very easy. Great mentors and team leaders all through out the facility
Slow moving corporate machine
Tech Developer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2015
Pros: healthcare, stability
Cons: no room advancement, poor management
Pearson's stability comes from their deep rooted connections in the education system. However, their inability to take chances fast enough -- makes them incapable of competing with younger startups. These startups will eventually take their business.
Good
Mobile QA Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 8, 2015
Fun to work, nice supportive management. Good project, like to work again. Co-operative work environment. Not many customers are using product. Most of staff are consultant so they don't feel loyalty to product.
Pearson & Paris
Paralegal (Current Employee), Golden, COAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Work schedule
There is really no typical day at Pearson & Paris. We have many different clients, from probate to personal injury, federal cases to family law. The criminal cases are the most interesting to me, however I specialize in the family law section of the practice. I love my co-workers, as we interact as more of a family than actual co-workers. The best part of my day is helping clients, reuniting families and settling long, hard custody battles.
Life Balance was great! Coworkers helpful and friendly
Contracts Paralegal (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJAugust 5, 2015
Preparing Proposals for returning and new clients. Management was very hands on and helpful. • Preparation of submissions such as request for proposal, contract extensions for prospective and existing clients
• Maintain accurate records in contracts inventory management system
• Interaction with internal shareholders associated with proposals for contractual opportunities
• Redlining and proofreading terms and conditions of initial contracts
Great place to work with supportive management
World Languages and Humanities Specialist (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 5, 2015
Great place to work with strong management support. Opportunities to learn and advancement. World leader education publisher.
Fun and challanging
Director of Finance (Former Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Very good relationship with all employees
Cons: Working on Holidays, due to the company being emergency service related.
Working with all aspects of the business. Daily contact with serviceman and dispatchers. Entire staff atmosphere has a family feeling.
Productive and fun work place
Scorer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2015
Its all work work work, you meet sober minded people who keeps you on your toes because peoples future depends on the work you do. I learn to be very accurate and consistent as I do my work. Co-workers are superb. I met great people that would change a lot about the way I think.
Great Place to work
Administrative Support (Former Employee), austin, txJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Good benifit and good package.
Cons: Would of like to of retired from Pearson.
Due to the fact that Pearson lost the contract with TEA we no longer have our employment. We lost the 2nd home for many of us because that we spent more hour with our co-workers that we did with our families and this was a very sad experience for many of us.
productive with books
Material Handler (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJJuly 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great benefits
Cons: far away from home
the day at work started at 730 am , i had 2 short breaks of 15 min and 30 min for lunch , everyday i learned new things , they gave the opportunity to learned more about others typy of job in the company , they trained me in very differents department to know the company .
good place to work but not a good scope for growth in job development
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAJuly 27, 2015
good place to work but not a good scope for growth in job development. So looking for good job environment and challenging position
Employees