Pearson

Pearson Employer Reviews

Pearson Education
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2014
Pearson was a good place to work in services. The company allows its employees to work remotely and provide nice benefits.

Typical day at work included managing projects deliverables, budget, schedule, solutions engineering, and quality.
Skip this job
Customer service (Former Employee), Old Tappan, NJNovember 7, 2014
Cons: see review
The job is a dead end temp job. They put you through two weeks of classroom training on order entry. The computer systems are very old and confusing. Then, you have one week of one on one desk training, where another rep helps you take live orders. After that, you are on your own. They give you two SCHEDULED 15 minute breaks, and a SCHEDULED 45 minute – more... lunch. They want you to take as many calls as possible. They monitor calls. The people that work there look miserable. – less
Productive developement
UI Developer (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 6, 2014
progressive experience in all phases of software development life cycle including requirements analysis, applications design, development, Integration, maintenance and testing of various client/server, N-tier and web applications.
● Experienced as a Web Development/User Interface/Front End Developer in developing applications using HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, – more... JavaScript, DOM, jQuery, Ajax and JSON.
● Experience working with JavaScript MVC frameworks Angular JS.
● Extensively used the JavaScript frameworks jQuery. – less
very productive workplace with great comraderie
Supervisor (Former Employee), Distributed Scoring from home.November 2, 2014
helping other scorers evaluate essays in accordance with TX guidelines and give the right score every time. this is only a seasonal project that occurs approximately between Feb/March and May.
Learning
Supervisor of Shipping (Former Employee), IndianaOctober 27, 2014
Pros: lebanon culture is employee focused
Everything in Life is Temporary including your job.
Consolidation due to cost cutting in distribution
A working environment where creativity is encouraged.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJOctober 22, 2014
Pros: encouraged creativity.
Cons: none.
Administrative work; problem solving; project management; identifying client needs and resolution.
Great cafeteria and work environment
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great pay & has onsite cafeteria
Cons: short lunches and limited hours for cafeteria
Great group of people to work with. Employment here was on a temporary basis for their Back To School time frame. Lunches are short (30 minutes) with no place close to eat. Lunch schedules often made getting food from the cafeteria impossible for lunch.
Great Company with a challenging environment
Scanning Coordinator (Former Employee), AustinOctober 20, 2014
Pros: benefits work cycle
Cons: lack of process improvement
Pearson is a wonderful company, but it's a publishing company. The rise of the internet gave customers more choices, and Pearson core business declined.
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lebanon IndianaOctober 19, 2014
Pearson was a good place to work until they decided to close there office in Lebanon and sent all jobs to India. And put several hundred people out of work
Great place to work!
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJOctober 17, 2014
My boss and everyone in my department worked well as a team. Everyone was very supportive and professional.
Wonderful, friendly atmosphere.
Connections Technology Receiving (Current Employee), Lebanon, INOctober 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay rate
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction knowing a child somewhere is going to benefit from what I pack in the box.
Factory shut down.
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Lebanon, INOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere.
Cons: temporary work.
A typical day at work for me was arriving at 6AM and staying sometimes until 6pm. I would pick products for orders in high destinations, often with the product weighing over 50 pounds. I did this repeatedly the entire shift.
Fast Past Seasonal Work
SENIOR MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee), Austin Tech RidgeOctober 8, 2014
Pros: fast pace, great team members
Cons: poor pay, no overtime
Pearson is an Education leader for standardized testing and teaching/learning. It is very seasonal work as most test are taken in the spring time making it quite hectic for several months at a time. There is a lot of down time in the off season leading to opportunities to educate and learn new skills through Pearson's many internal programs.
Overall excellent job except for unfair favoritism for certain employees
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Smyna, GaOctober 4, 2014
Pros: steady work, no micro managing, learned various functions of jobs from being cross trained
Cons: favoritism, special perks for manager-friend ties, unfair work processes
I really enjoyed working for the company. The only negative I experienced was that certain workers got away with doing absolutely little to no work at off and numerous days off without prior authorization, but still got paid!!
I would love working there...
Math Editor (Former Employee), Glenview, ILOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good hard working employees, fair salary
Cons: upper management out of touch with employees
I really loved working at Pearson, but at the end of 2 years, their hiring practices forced me out. Now I'm doing some freelance for them, because my managers were satisfied with my work and wanted to keep me.

There's something wrong with a company that would rather hire new editors every 2 years (that they then have to train from scratch) than keep – more... the ones they have that are doing a good job. To me it just makes clear how much the upper management is out of touch with the needs of the people actually doing the work.

I liked the work, I like the people, but I wish the company cared for its employees a little more. – less
Great work environment and Training
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2014
After working for MKM I left wishing they had hired me on it was a great work environment with lots of diversity and safety procedures.
Great environment to work with
Temporary Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Iowa City, IASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: close with colleagues
Cons: new system, not able to run smoothly
Great environment to work work with. Closely worked with colleagues to determine the cause of the issue and come up with a proper resolution.
The job was great but it was more like a dead end..
Test Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: time to self reflect
Cons: the silence
The job was quiet, though you sit there in silence for eight hours straight it was good. I am not sure how I dealt with the silence but I did, it gave me a lot of time to think. My manger was very nice and considerate though she could have been a little more prompted about alerting us of schedule changes she made. I only took the job to have some extra – more... money for the holidays while I worked at my other job so the extra money was great. My co-workers were awesome for the most part and I got a long with just about everyone that I'd seen on a regular bases. – less
Pearson VUE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Landover, MDSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: nice location
Cons: no room for advancement and office management was poor.
Nice company to work for but the work is very mechanical with really no thought about your duties.
Really good experience
Scorer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 12, 2014
Really enjoyed this job. I learned a lot and at times it felt like i was back in school. I just wish it wasn't seasonal.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more