Pearson Employee Reviews in United States

Fast-paced, friendly office environment
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 26, 2016
Pearson is an office-based call center. As an Enrollment Counselor, I guide students enrolling in ASU Online throughout the enrollment process.
excellent work environment/friendly people
Resource Coordinator / Project Editor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2016
Pretty typical 8-5 office job. Very relaxed atmosphere (jeans ok, etc.).
Many different roles done many different people, but everyone worked towards the same goal. Everyone was very pleasant to work with.
Pros
flexible, good benefits, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no job security
Flexible environment
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  NJJuly 25, 2016
Pearson allowed me to work from home full time due to shifts in management. As management was moved out of state, I was allowed to work remotely and continue my work uninterrupted. I was very fortunate to have a very accommodating manager, and was very productive while working remotely. I only had to travel 2-3 times a year for meetings.
Pros
flexibility, supportive team
Cons
transferring business ideas created need for reorganization
Great work culture!
Quality and Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 25, 2016
Great advancement opportunities, and great management! Benefits are amazing! I loved my coworkers and the company really takes care of their employees.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager Facilities/operations (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 22, 2016
Great co-workers. A great place to work and will miss the employees. Everyday I came into work was a new advantage to complete the job task at hand. Great
Pros
Great people
Cons
Job security
Grest
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2016
Great experience. Was a perfect time for me to work this Job as my kids got older. It was a job that I loved that was pretty easy,
Fast paced with constant change
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 21, 2016
Overall good place to work but market changes the past 3 years and constant rightsizing have led to low employee morale.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Low morale
cool
CERTIFIED TEST ADMINASTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MOJuly 18, 2016
Rate this company*required
Overall rating*
Write your review
High stress
Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2016
Good salary but long hours; not enough training after promotions; lots of travel; sink or swim environment; high stress environment.
Pros
Health Insurance
Educational Assessment knowledge is strong.
PROJECT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 8, 2016
I put in a lot of hours for many projects at Pearson. They say that we should have a work.life balance, but I felt there wasn't one.
What did companies do before headhunters
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, TXJuly 7, 2016
I am writing to insure that Pearson is protected , what I have a problem with as I have the ability to perform this job very adequately, unfortunately the headhunter does not see it that away.

South Texas is a different market and reserves a pioneer spirit that is unmatched at Harvard or Yale .

Please take this to the bank , you should have looked twice before you leaped . Have a wonderful day !
It was a great place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJuly 6, 2016
Pearson was awesome. They treated everyone like family, we were all really close, until the last two years 2012-2014. Then it all went downhill and they sold us out.
Pros
Cons
sold out to India
Poor leadership
Chief of Staff & Administrative Coordinator to COO (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2016
Pearson has been "transforming" for the last few years, which has left in it's wake a very unstable workforce. The morale in many of international offices is low and the inspiration to stay motivated is also hard to come by.
Pros
flexible working remotely
Cons
poor leadership, constant lay-offs
This is a great place to work.
Professional Scorer (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJuly 2, 2016
While working at the location in Peachtree, it was very calming and peaceful. Scoring Supervisors were there to help you if you were confused and needed help understanding a particular response you were scoring.Online scoring is great. You are able to fit it in with your schedule and able to work from home which is a great plus.
Pros
great working environment, great supervisors
Cons
I can't think of any.
Dishonest and not trustworthy
Software Developer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 27, 2016
In my experience, there were a lot of promises made, plans expressed and future opportunities described. Then, sorry our plans have changed. Corporate has changed our direction. We're letting you go.
Pros
Technically intersting work in a clean state of the art environment
Cons
Management has no commitment to individuals. People do not matter, just the numbers...that's it.
Great Company
Associate Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2016
Pearson has been a great company for employee benefits and schedule flexibility. We are in our 3rd or 4th reorganization of the company and it is very hard to provide the quality service our customers deserve at this time.
I enjoy my work, and the people I work with.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Under appreciated
Productivity, Programming and Support
Voice Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2016
To be a technician/programmer you have to be quick, concise and productive. Be a team player and willing to share your knowledge.
The hardest part of this job is to be on call and outages which can take a long time to fix. You get a satisfaction to help users that are experiencing difficulties and that you resolve issue.
Pearson is a Wonderful Company to Work For and People are Treated Well
Director Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2016
I have enjoyed my opportunity to work for one of the best companies in the world. Pearson is a wonderful company. Had it not been for the restructuring and downsizing, I would have still been working for them.

Pearson is a company of 40,000 employees, yet there is an atmosphere of family no matter where you look. I traveled a great deal with my job and I can give a testimony of that very fact.

The culture at Pearson is awesome. They have a wonderful sense of Diversity and strive to ensure everyone is treated with fairness and all walks of life are celebrated equally.

I can't say enough wonderful things about the company. They were like my 2nd family.

Unfortunately, Pearson is moving toward a digital platform and thus the "books" are dwindling. That's what affected my business units.
Great Job Security
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Old Tappan, NJJune 23, 2016
While this company provided a great atmosphere to learn the work life balance was not great. Worked many long hours. Also had to do a lot of traveling to different clients.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Work life balance
Busy and competitive armosphere
Senior Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 21, 2016
This is a company that attempts to stay current with market trends but doesn't always fully embrace them fully. People are expected to work above and beyond for minimal compensation and promotions are often based off of who you know rather then your qualifications.
Pros
Meaningful Jobs
Cons
Not a great environment with little job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pearson. Our community is ready to answer.