Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

OK
Warehouse Team Leader (Current Employee), Lebanon, INJuly 2, 2015
It was a good place, but they came in and shut our warehouse down. The people was great to work with the management was great. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job and the people i worked with on 3rd shift.
productive Fun place
SAP SD consultant (Current Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJJune 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Excellent atmosphere to work with multi cultured people.
Client is very co-operative & make fast decisions.
Excellent benefits
Technical Proposal Writer, Proposal Services (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 26, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: Poor job security
Excellent benefits. Very poor job security and advancement. Work/life balance was NOT good in my job, but may be better in other areas.
Hard work but plenty of benefits and perks
Line Leader for Loose Pick (Former Employee), Lebanon, Indiana 46052June 24, 2015
Pros: each day was a little different, there was diversity in people and jobs.
Cons: The jobs were physically stressing and loud atmosphere.
Each day was a little different. There was diversity in departments, people and jobs performed. Patience and understanding for all different situations and occasions. Management had an open door policy which I liked and all management and floor personnel talked each day regarding conflicts, issues and questions which would arise.People were completely trained before being let go on their own. Shift co-workers worked well as a team and shared the load to accomplish all tasks efficiently and quickly. The hardest part of the job was productivity goals with such a understaffed facility and jobs were physically stressing with loud, deafening atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job of course was the perks the company provided. Things like the good mannered competition between peers and management and the weight room, Paid time off and releasing people early with pay on the days before holidays and special occasions for voluntary community services.
The job can suck and ruin your personal life
Sales Representative (Former Employee), MichiganJune 22, 2015
Pros: Very fulfilling and interesting work
Cons: Loss of personal life.
I found the job to be very positive and fulfilling. Walking around college campuses and talking to very intelligent instructors and professors about what they are teaching is great. The downside is the culture of being a sales rep. You are expected to work long hours, nights and weekends, whatever it takes to get the job done. Most of the people you work with are remote and can be difficult to reach and sometime they take a long time to respond. There is a chance for promotion, but a majority of the jobs are in the home office. Over the past few years the stress of the job has increased significantly. You can make good money with the company, the benefits are average, the car is a good perk, but they keep moving to cheaper models.
Miserable work environment with constant upheaval
Associate Business Manager (Current Employee), Old Tappan, NJJune 22, 2015
There are so many systems and so much reorganization that it boggles the mind. When I first started the bonuses were good and the culture was positive. That has all changed now.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2015
Great people, fun place to work. Great work out and benefits.Culture is great and people are nice. I would recommend this place to work in.
Productive and hardworker
Forklift (Former Employee), NJJune 17, 2015
Pros: did what I liked, order picker
Starting a day at Pearson made my life happy. I learned many things, like use a forklift, cherry picker, order picker. My friends were also very productive like me.
Too many reorgs
Dev. Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 16, 2015
Pros: great work-life balance
Cons: too many reorgs
At first it was great; there was a great sense of belonging to a team full of caring, intelligent people.

However, in the last 4 years there has been a reorg every year. The sense of purpose has been lost, people are being railroaded, employee morale is at an all time low.
not sure
software support (Current Employee), bloomington, mnJune 16, 2015
Pros: wifi
Cons: direction of lower than standard employee
no direction.. advancement. bad direction, slow development, more senior employees leaving with the same thought of no advancement
It was a great workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: Time went by so fast
Cons: It was such a far drive to get to work.
I loved the people I worked with. My coworkers were super helpful with me when I started and with questions that I had. I helped customers with common problems with the pearson site if they could not log into their accounts or if their accounts were locked. I helped open and verify their accounts and gave them their usernames and reset their passwords that I sent to a current email.
Self-employment's a double-edged sword
Essay Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2015
Here again, my resume describes my responsibilities in some detail; and like other free-lance assignments, while the compensation was reasonable, there were of course no benefits, advancement potential or job security.
This is a good temporary entry level job
TEST ADMINISTRATOR/PROCTOR (Former Employee), Hurst TexasJune 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: undependable pay
this job is not one that you would depend on to make a living. The hours depend on how many people want to test and when. The environment is very controlled and can be stressful. Physical demands are low , but it can be mentally challenging
Good Part-Time job when fully staffed
Test Administrator (Current Employee), Hurst, TXJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling, part-time pay
Cons: No real advancement opportunity
Being a Test Administrator at Pearson Vue is a really great job if you are looking for flexible part-time work. The job is not difficult and you get to meet all kinds of interesting people, even if only briefly. The only problem is that in our center, there has been so much turnover that a 20-25 hr/week job has turned into full-time, which offers less flexibility. This is not a job where you can just call-in sick or not show up, we are required to be fully staffed at all times, based on how many test-takers there are. The pay is great for part-time work, but less desirable on a full-time basis. There are a few Test Center Managers who criticize the staff and practices at other centers, and that is unprofessional and frustrating. However, sometimes the criticism comes from their own frustration and it is tolerable. There is very little room for advancement unless people retire, and then if you get a job it may be all the way across the country.
Fun place to work that was family friendly
Clerk III (Former Employee), Lebanon, InJune 4, 2015
Pros: on site cafe and work out facilities
Cons: alot of people lost jobs in a company restructure
Part of what I loved about working at Pearson was, there was no typical day. Since I was cross trained in several positions, I was able to come in every day and see what needed done and just hop in and do it. I learned many things there. How to problem solve in the tracing and tracking dept. How to run an outgoing mail machine and mail sorter for incoming mail. How to run our invoice inserter. I also was able to process UPS and Fed Ex shipments. The hardest part of my job was training someone who had no experience in the type of work we did. And it wasn't really hard, just challenging to make sure I was being clear and the trainee understood what I was teaching them before I left them on their own. the most enjoyable part was that I grew very close to my coworkers and because we all spent so much time together, we were like a family. We were able to get the job done and manage to have a little fun while we did it. Pearson allowed us to do training and team building workshops and lunch and learn seminars. I really enjoyed the diversity in my coworkers.
able to help walk ins
Service Specialist II (Former Employee), Landover, MDJune 3, 2015
Pros: Bilingual
Cons: short staff
Solving issues related to technical problems and complaints.
Instructing and guiding candidates for any Pearson Vue website question. Working with new customers in the development of new accounts and the implementation of policies and procedures. Creating monthly reports for all renewal notices and license certificates.
coworkers were team players and knew their job pretty well
hardes part was to decide if to move with the Co to another state or to get a new job.
most enjoyable part was to help walk ins to translate in spanish.
Neat clean and quite enviroment
Scorer (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 31, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Pearson was a nice place to work for. Environment was well organized. I liked this job also because I worked on my own. Company allowed you to take your break when you chose to.
I liked the idea that this company had flexible hours, at longest you put in the hours you are hired for.

The only thing that I seen where it would of made it more pleasant, was if the training would of been a little more clear as far as how to work the software. I believe this would of helped a lot of individuals get a faster jump start on the projects.
Interesting working environment
Test Administrator (Current Employee), san diego, caMay 29, 2015
My typical day consists of making sure people don't cheat on very important job specific tests. I sit and watch cameras, help cadidates with any questions, admits people to test.
All around terrible!
Service Specialist III (Former Employee), Landover, MDMay 28, 2015
Pros: Mid range start rate
Cons: Management, bad leads, high employee turn over, job culture
Pearson gives you a mid start rate that was pretty good during my time of employment. The head manager was switched at least twice. Call center leads did not lead much of anything with the exception of a few. Inner office relationships were the norm and two employees actually died off site of course but still spooky. During high call volumes the only incentive we got was candy to keep us going. Employee stations were switched often, to keep you from making any good friends or half way cutting the monotony of the call center in any way in my opinion. Unwanted shifts often became mandatory. Any personal issues outside of the job were scrutinized to the fullest like a child. To sum it up it was definitely the regular small call center culture but worse.
Good Place to Work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TexasMay 27, 2015
Pearson doesn't feel as 'corporate' as some of the publishing companies I've worked for. The people are nice, the work is challenging but not overwhelming. The benefits are decent but I feel the salaries are not competitive when compared to equal positions in other publishing companies.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more

Pearson Salaries