Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
Editorial Assistant (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJMay 15, 2015
I learned so much in the short time I've been working with Pearson. Everyone is helpful and willing to work with me to help me understand the tasks assigned. Great work/life balance.
Enjoyed my time at Pearson
QA Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAMay 5, 2015
Learning and sharpening skills are encouraged at Pearson. A team of employees that work well together. A well rounded work and home life is also encouraged.
Long standing educational company that continues to provide solid resources.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Florence, ALMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits.
Cons: Always on the road.
I enjoyed my time at Pearson. The only thing that go old was always having to travel and be away from family. The pay was great and I loved my supervisor.
Uncertain Future
Associate Editor (Current Employee), Glenview, ILMay 3, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and flexible time off; Some of the smartest, nicest people I've ever worked with
Cons: Few chances for advancement; Permanent positions are not given based on merit, but on profits; Minimal merit raises; Too willing to let errors into materials
Pearson is a global leader in educational publishing. Unfortunately, while the brand itself is generally well-respected, the benefits of its hold on the industry don't always find their way to the in-house staff. There is very little transparency in terms of an employee's future with the company, and at least in my department, the only feedback about progress comes in the very impersonal form of the yearly review. This is somewhat difficult to accept, as the review is written by someone that you know is only 100 feet away, and who has (by no fault of his or her own) been too overwhelmed with their own work load to talk to you about your work throughout the year. This creates something of an unhappy culture around the office, in terms of management interaction. It's not to say that good work is not its own reward, but there is room in any company for consistent appreciation of employees' effort.
Excellent working environment. Great benefits.
CSR/Tier2 Senior Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee), Centennial, COApril 30, 2015
The culture is accepts of everyone. Management works closely with employees to make sure everyone goals are obtained. Most definitely a company geared towards learning and career and personal growth.
Great company that is always changing
Director, Product Management (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2015
Pearson is a great company with an honorable mission to improve teaching and learning. This mission is core to the leadership and the many wonderful people who work for Pearson.

Pearson is a very large company that has evolved significantly over the past 10 years from a print based publishing company to a solutions company.

It has gone through many periods of growing pains and struggles with US Education reform.
Fun place to work
Contractor (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2015
The management is pretty transparent. Peers are very good and helpful. Do your job and nobody bothers you. Once a while, team get-together happen outside office to ensure that healthy interactions start-off.
N/A
HR Representative (Current Employee), Cranbury, NJApril 28, 2015
The company gives many opportunities to employees as well as their benefits are good. also, their working hours are flexible they have three shifts.
A real nightmare
temp scorer (Former Employee), ArizonaApril 27, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
I agree whole-heartedly with the Mesa scorer:
"
Pros: I'll never see the inside of that place again

Cons: Have a seat, get some popcorn, and read on

Left to my own devices, I could never have imagined the level of corporate incompetence that I encountered in the Pearson employees at this scoring center.

My payroll checks were incorrect, having errors in
1) the type of pay owed per type of work performed, and
2) the payroll deduction choices that I carefully specified when signing on with them.

IT, HR, and management were lost in space and either messed up or did nothing at all. The attrition rate of the scorers at this center was frighteningly high, which is as it should be; nobody with a shred of dignity wanted that low-paying job to be extended. Although many scorers were highly educated and thoroughly professional, a large number of people took the job because they couldn't get anything else at the time. This contributed to demoralized conversation on breaks and during the generous half-hour lunch.

This job was the dictionary definition of frustration; fortunately the position was short term, and I'll never do it again."

It's been over 1 yr and I still have not been paid. Plus the HR and managers have no problem lying and mouthing off. Pearson has no regard for labor laws or its contract with the states that contract with them.

Challenging, fast paced work
Program Manager (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAApril 25, 2015
The work is interesting, challenging, and fast paced. The company is going through some re-structuring which some are finding challenging.
Good Benefits
Application Developer (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJApril 23, 2015
Overall a good company to work for. The benefits are great and they treat their employees pretty well. As in most companies too many meetings.
Scoring Center Nightmare
Test Scorer (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 23, 2015
Pros: I'll never see the inside of that place again
Cons: Have a seat, get some popcorn, and read on

My payroll checks were incorrect, having errors in
1) the type of pay owed per type of work performed, and

Good Place for Temp Work
Test Scorer (Current Employee), Lansing, MIApril 22, 2015
A great company to work for on a temporary basis. The colleagues are wonderful, the supervisors and trainers and pleasant and have good personalities. There are no hidden agendas, no back biting, no issues. People are treated fairly, with respect. Pleasant atmosphere and the work, though sometimes frustrating, is not particularly difficult.
Talented staff great benefits
Senior Illustrator / Animator (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 22, 2015
Pearson is full of talented , smart people. They offer many opportunities to learn new skills. Pearson also offers the ability to work remotely. Durning my time at Pearson I was able to work on a wide variety of projects using many different skills.
I loved this job it was extremely friendly and fun
Executive Sales/Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 22, 2015
This job is where I gained most of my professional training. Managers were great my team was extremely fun and energetic
Great work environment
Test Scorer (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 21, 2015
Enjoyed learning how to grade the tests and discussing ways to improve the scoring systems. We would grade tests using defined rubrics, after grading all the tests we would analyze how the questions prompted different answers from the students.
Miss the old Pearson
Director, Procurement Strategy & Analysis (Former Employee), Old Tappan, NJApril 21, 2015
Pearson used to be a great place to work until the change of CEO's. it went from a fun, supportive environment to one where consultants called all the shots.
Quiet atmosphere with bursts of activity.
Test Administrator (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling.
Cons: Short breaks dependent on the scheduling of the tests.
The manager I have is excellent.

The job entails a good blend of routine, mixed with active times. Typically, we would arrive about q15 minutes before the first batch of candidates, set up the computers for them to test on, and then go through the admission process for each one.

My co-workers are all dedicated professionals.
Good company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Ontario, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: unskilled management
The company made a great effort in providing training and keeping lines of communication open. There was always plenty of resources available.
Work from home
Test Scorer (Current Employee), San Juan, PRApril 13, 2015
Pros: Flexibilty to work from home
Cons: reliable income
I enjoy working from home, management supervisors are available for feedback. I work part-time , on certain projects through the year.

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more

Pearson Salaries