Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

Productive and hardworker
Forklift (Former Employee), NJJune 17, 2015
Pros: did what I liked, order picker
Starting a day at Pearson made my life happy. I learned many things, like use a forklift, cherry picker, order picker. My friends were also very productive like me.
Too many reorgs
Dev. Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 16, 2015
Pros: great work-life balance
Cons: too many reorgs
At first it was great; there was a great sense of belonging to a team full of caring, intelligent people.

However, in the last 4 years there has been a reorg every year. The sense of purpose has been lost, people are being railroaded, employee morale is at an all time low.
not sure
software support (Current Employee), bloomington, mnJune 16, 2015
Pros: wifi
Cons: direction of lower than standard employee
no direction.. advancement. bad direction, slow development, more senior employees leaving with the same thought of no advancement
It was a great workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: Time went by so fast
Cons: It was such a far drive to get to work.
I loved the people I worked with. My coworkers were super helpful with me when I started and with questions that I had. I helped customers with common problems with the pearson site if they could not log into their accounts or if their accounts were locked. I helped open and verify their accounts and gave them their usernames and reset their passwords that I sent to a current email.
Self-employment's a double-edged sword
Essay Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2015
Here again, my resume describes my responsibilities in some detail; and like other free-lance assignments, while the compensation was reasonable, there were of course no benefits, advancement potential or job security.
This is a good temporary entry level job
TEST ADMINISTRATOR/PROCTOR (Former Employee), Hurst TexasJune 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: undependable pay
this job is not one that you would depend on to make a living. The hours depend on how many people want to test and when. The environment is very controlled and can be stressful. Physical demands are low , but it can be mentally challenging
Good Part-Time job when fully staffed
Test Administrator (Current Employee), Hurst, TXJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling, part-time pay
Cons: No real advancement opportunity
Being a Test Administrator at Pearson Vue is a really great job if you are looking for flexible part-time work. The job is not difficult and you get to meet all kinds of interesting people, even if only – more... briefly. The only problem is that in our center, there has been so much turnover that a 20-25 hr/week job has turned into full-time, which offers less flexibility. This is not a job where you can just call-in sick or not show up, we are required to be fully staffed at all times, based on how many test-takers there are. The pay is great for part-time work, but less desirable on a full-time basis. There are a few Test Center Managers who criticize the staff and practices at other centers, and that is unprofessional and frustrating. However, sometimes the criticism comes from their own frustration and it is tolerable. There is very little room for advancement unless people retire, and then if you get a job it may be all the way across the country. – less
Fun place to work that was family friendly
Clerk III (Former Employee), Lebanon, InJune 4, 2015
Pros: on site cafe and work out facilities
Cons: alot of people lost jobs in a company restructure
Part of what I loved about working at Pearson was, there was no typical day. Since I was cross trained in several positions, I was able to come in every day and see what needed done and just hop in and – more... do it. I learned many things there. How to problem solve in the tracing and tracking dept. How to run an outgoing mail machine and mail sorter for incoming mail. How to run our invoice inserter. I also was able to process UPS and Fed Ex shipments. The hardest part of my job was training someone who had no experience in the type of work we did. And it wasn't really hard, just challenging to make sure I was being clear and the trainee understood what I was teaching them before I left them on their own. the most enjoyable part was that I grew very close to my coworkers and because we all spent so much time together, we were like a family. We were able to get the job done and manage to have a little fun while we did it. Pearson allowed us to do training and team building workshops and lunch and learn seminars. I really enjoyed the diversity in my coworkers. – less
able to help walk ins
Service Specialist II (Former Employee), Landover, MDJune 3, 2015
Pros: Bilingual
Cons: short staff
Solving issues related to technical problems and complaints.
Instructing and guiding candidates for any Pearson Vue website question. Working with new customers in the development of new accounts and – more... the implementation of policies and procedures. Creating monthly reports for all renewal notices and license certificates.
coworkers were team players and knew their job pretty well
hardes part was to decide if to move with the Co to another state or to get a new job.
most enjoyable part was to help walk ins to translate in spanish. – less
Neat clean and quite enviroment
Scorer (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 31, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Pearson was a nice place to work for. Environment was well organized. I liked this job also because I worked on my own. Company allowed you to take your break when you chose to.
I liked the idea that – more... this company had flexible hours, at longest you put in the hours you are hired for.

The only thing that I seen where it would of made it more pleasant, was if the training would of been a little more clear as far as how to work the software. I believe this would of helped a lot of individuals get a faster jump start on the projects. – less
Interesting working environment
Test Administrator (Current Employee), san diego, caMay 29, 2015
My typical day consists of making sure people don't cheat on very important job specific tests. I sit and watch cameras, help cadidates with any questions, admits people to test.
All around terrible!
Service Specialist III (Former Employee), Landover, MDMay 28, 2015
Pros: Mid range start rate
Cons: Management, bad leads, high employee turn over, job culture
Pearson gives you a mid start rate that was pretty good during my time of employment. The head manager was switched at least twice. Call center leads did not lead much of anything with the exception of – more... a few. Inner office relationships were the norm and two employees actually died off site of course but still spooky. During high call volumes the only incentive we got was candy to keep us going. Employee stations were switched often, to keep you from making any good friends or half way cutting the monotony of the call center in any way in my opinion. Unwanted shifts often became mandatory. Any personal issues outside of the job were scrutinized to the fullest like a child. To sum it up it was definitely the regular small call center culture but worse. – less
Good Place to Work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TexasMay 27, 2015
Pearson doesn't feel as 'corporate' as some of the publishing companies I've worked for. The people are nice, the work is challenging but not overwhelming. The benefits are decent but I feel the salaries are not competitive when compared to equal positions in other publishing companies.
Lovely office, great work environment as well as location!
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Centennial, COMay 22, 2015
I enjoy working with Pearson. The people are wonderful too. The Centennial location is within the Street of Southglenn, which is almost unbeatable!
Great company to work for.
Editorial Assistant (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJMay 15, 2015
I learned so much in the short time I've been working with Pearson. Everyone is helpful and willing to work with me to help me understand the tasks assigned. Great work/life balance.
Enjoyed my time at Pearson
QA Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAMay 5, 2015
Learning and sharpening skills are encouraged at Pearson. A team of employees that work well together. A well rounded work and home life is also encouraged.
Long standing educational company that continues to provide solid resources.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Florence, ALMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits.
Cons: Always on the road.
I enjoyed my time at Pearson. The only thing that go old was always having to travel and be away from family. The pay was great and I loved my supervisor.
Uncertain Future
Associate Editor (Current Employee), Glenview, ILMay 3, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and flexible time off; Some of the smartest, nicest people I've ever worked with
Cons: Few chances for advancement; Permanent positions are not given based on merit, but on profits; Minimal merit raises; Too willing to let errors into materials
Pearson is a global leader in educational publishing. Unfortunately, while the brand itself is generally well-respected, the benefits of its hold on the industry don't always find their way to the in-house – more... staff. There is very little transparency in terms of an employee's future with the company, and at least in my department, the only feedback about progress comes in the very impersonal form of the yearly review. This is somewhat difficult to accept, as the review is written by someone that you know is only 100 feet away, and who has (by no fault of his or her own) been too overwhelmed with their own work load to talk to you about your work throughout the year. This creates something of an unhappy culture around the office, in terms of management interaction. It's not to say that good work is not its own reward, but there is room in any company for consistent appreciation of employees' effort. – less
Excellent working environment. Great benefits.
CSR/Tier2 Senior Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee), Centennial, COApril 30, 2015
The culture is accepts of everyone. Management works closely with employees to make sure everyone goals are obtained. Most definitely a company geared towards learning and career and personal growth.
Great company that is always changing
Director, Product Management (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2015
Pearson is a great company with an honorable mission to improve teaching and learning. This mission is core to the leadership and the many wonderful people who work for Pearson.

Pearson is a very large – more... company that has evolved significantly over the past 10 years from a print based publishing company to a solutions company.

It has gone through many periods of growing pains and struggles with US Education reform. – less

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more

Pearson Salaries