Pearson

Pearson Employer Reviews

Really good experience
Scorer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 12, 2014
Really enjoyed this job. I learned a lot and at times it felt like i was back in school. I just wish it wasn't seasonal.
Productive Fun Place with great people
Document Specialist (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: pay
Management are okay but sometimes not consistent on some of work ethics. basic work duties and simple things make it complicated and hard. They will tell you something that makes no sense relating to work duties. I cross trained on different departments such as receiving, mail and reprographics. My co-workers are very helpful and friendly.
I learned so much here...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Old Tappan, NJSeptember 3, 2014
This was a great job for me, the commute was easy and the hours were great. I don't think I'll find that at another company. The benefits were the best I've had yet, complete with a $1 for $1 match 401k plan. The time off is also incomparable to most companies. I would still be here today if my department wasn't shut down.
Very quiet environment and you can not talk in the work place.
Temporary Scoring (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: you take the project that best fits your time.
Cons: very short breaks.
It has been a good experience so far, you do have to keep quiet once you are in the room for testing. You arent allowed head phones or any kind of hand held devices when in there or you will get kicked out of the project. Some projects are worth taking due to the pay others arent, but other than that, I have enjoyed my time working on projects and learning – more... the grading system. – less
iOS Lead resource
iOS Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 2, 2014
Hi Hiring Manager,

I would like to express my interest in the iPhone developers position advertised, as I hold a 4 years of experience in that field.

I have extensive project experience and I have strong proficiency with COCOA, objective C, interface builder etc. to name a few.

My background makes me an excellent candidate for this position. Attached – more... with this email is my resume which throws some light on my key skills.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
I look forward to hear from you.

Thanks,
Daniel – less
Current culture is opressive, management is lacking skill and nonmotivational.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2014
Pearson is trying to integrate a production workflow that does not work.
Very serious place to work
REST QA Java Programmer (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Enjoyed working with cutting-edge REST technologies.
Created Q/A Integration tests using TestNG and RESTEasy.
it was a productive place to work
picker (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2014
Cons: short breaks and no lunch break
During a typical day everybody just worked with little supervision.
I learned how to pick using a scanner and how to work at a fast pace. the management was excellent and did their jobs to their best ability. there was nothing hard about the job except the heat and humidity in the warehouse.
Poductive and fun place to work
Scorer (Former Employee), Auburn, WAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: good work conditions, clean and safe work environment. helpful supervisors
Cons: assignments not long enoug, ., such as 8 or 9 days instead of 2 or 3 weeks for each one.
Log in, check with supervisor for current work load, grade level to be scored, etc. log into computer and begin assignment. Generally worked in 2 hour increments before breaks, lunch, end of day. Very little inter action with other employees except at break time or lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job was reading the children's responses to the – more... various questions and their thought processes in response to ideas that were, perhaps, new to them. The hardest part of the job was giving a low score to a student who seemed to struggle through the assignment and really tried but lacked the skills to complete it successfully. – less
Pearson ED
Manager Greg Reyes (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 19, 2014
I work in Pearson ED for 3 years is a easy job to do and great benefits.
Person Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lebanon, INAugust 18, 2014
Pros: learning environment
Cons: no job security
I worked in a call center environment. I had many duties in a high call and high stress environment. I help customers with any issues that had and help solve the problem. Pearson provides educational material to schools, school districts, individuals and parents K-12 and college level. I handled customer orders, found any product the customer needed, – more... tracked orders, help with any claims, or refunds. I gave price quotes, spoke with schools about their massive orders, and used multiple systems to help assist the customer.

I learn a great deal about how to be the best customer service agent. Also how to properly help any customer.

Management made sure we had the tools to handle anything that came up on the job.

It was a call center and you had your private space but we all worked together as a team to provide the best service.

The first call was the hardest after seeing it was really simple it got easier from there. And also leaving the job was hard. I really like my position, my co workers, and the company.

Learning new skills that will help me in another position. – less
Meeting the need of the customer
Production/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: a job well done
Cons: no opportunity available for growth
A regular work day, spent processing licenses and resolving problems and answering questions from customer calls.Work had to be completed before the end of your shift including accounting balances on the check work for the day. The hardest part of the job was making sure everything balanced and verify funds so accounting was able to balance so the reports – more... that had to be turned in to management would be balance for the month end reports that was reported to HR head office account dept. My co-workers together would get the work and help each other get everything done by end of the day. The best part of the day is when we were able to resolve the problem and the customer was very happy with the results. – less
Able to work from home
Scorer (Current Employee), Home basedAugust 12, 2014
It is a nice opportunity to work from home and fun to read the essays.
Loved to go to work, co-workers were like family...
Distribution Center Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great healthcare and salary
Excellent place to work, learned new things daily in the 20+ years I was there. Strong management that continuosly challenged you to learn more.
Good Company to work with!
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Old TappanAugust 6, 2014
Pros: good company.
Cons: didnt want to leave the company but lay off's had to take place.
Work is consistent.
Learned about different products on a regular basis.
Management has an open door policy.
Love working with coworkers.
Hardest part of the job was getting laid off.
The most enjoyable part was sports activities with committees.
Team player environment and constant workflow
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Smyrna, GaAugust 5, 2014
Pros: exceptional benefits, opportunity to evolve and expand
Day-to-day duties entailed, accuracy minded, detail oriented, communication, active listening skills, organizational skills, creative problem solving, customer service and team player.
productive
Order clerk (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: temp job
I liked Pearson because it was a great experience for a order clerk,and I learned how to work on a fork lift.They had good team work and a good work atmosphere.
professional and interesting
Bilingual French Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), bloomington, MinnesotaAugust 3, 2014
great one on one with supervisor
World class coaching with QA
Always learning with constant training
warm and helping co-workers
Opportunity to advance education
Assessment Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2014
It is fun learning about different subjects that students are tested on.
Productive place to work
Lead Test Edit Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 30, 2014
Have worked here for quite some time. Pearson has excellent insurance/benefits and employee incentives.

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more