Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

Too much middle management
Account Executive (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 27, 2015
Company always focused on quarterly returns. No vision for the future when it comes to program development.
"Acquire and conquer" is the name of the game for these folks.
An Organization that Respects Diversity
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Diverse workforce
Cons: Temporary project based employment.
Pearson has an amazing environment in which employee feedback is used to help facilitate organizational change. Employees are truly given a voice.
Productive work enviorment
Senior Machine Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Little stress, benefits are good, 401K
Cons: The amount of work is getting smaller every year
Pearson is a satisfying company to work for. The level of work changed from day to day.
The employees were easy to get along with and some taught skills that can be applied anywhere.
Opportunities for growth
Efficacy Results Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Opportunities to grow and learn new things
Cons: A lot of change and transitions going on in the company can cause some confusion
I find the people at Pearson to be very supportive overall, including the various managers that I have had. They are passionate about education and care about the customers. I have been lucky to have had a lot of growth opportunities at Pearson. There is a lot of change in the organization mostly due to the transition from a print business to digital. A positive attitude and willingness to learn is a must.
Great start to a career in education
Associate Literacy Editor (Former Employee), Glenview, ILJuly 14, 2015
Having graduated from another state (with an out-of-state teaching license) it was difficult at first to find jobs. Pearson gave me chance to work on curriculum for diverse learners and having that on my resume helped me land my first teaching job. I generally worked alone creating and editing curriculum at my desk, but my supervisor was extremely intelligent and was a joy to work for.
I enjoyed working with Pearson and would like to work there again. It was very nice to be able to work from my home computer.
Scorer-Training-Home Job (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Working from home without any supervisors.
I worked from my home. A typical day began with training for a scoring position training from 4 to 8 hours. I trained in two separate intervals and each time I did not qualify to become a scorer because of the overrall score I obtained.
great group of people to work with
Design Lead (Current Employee), Glenview, ILJuly 9, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: constant restructuring
I have enjoyed working with a talented and diverse group of designers, editors and sales team that are extremely dedicated to the product they produce.
Excellent company
Project Supervisor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible, friendly
Cons: Temporary position
Excellent company with a friendly atmosphere. Very understanding and willing to work with their employees. I've gained several customer service skills there and the management was great.
OK
Warehouse Team Leader (Current Employee), Lebanon, INJuly 2, 2015
It was a good place, but they came in and shut our warehouse down. The people was great to work with the management was great. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job and the people i worked with on 3rd shift.
productive Fun place
SAP SD consultant (Current Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJJune 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Excellent atmosphere to work with multi cultured people.
Client is very co-operative & make fast decisions.
Excellent benefits
Technical Proposal Writer, Proposal Services (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 26, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: Poor job security
Excellent benefits. Very poor job security and advancement. Work/life balance was NOT good in my job, but may be better in other areas.
Hard work but plenty of benefits and perks
Line Leader for Loose Pick (Former Employee), Lebanon, Indiana 46052June 24, 2015
Pros: each day was a little different, there was diversity in people and jobs.
Cons: The jobs were physically stressing and loud atmosphere.
Each day was a little different. There was diversity in departments, people and jobs performed. Patience and understanding for all different situations and occasions. Management had an open door policy which I liked and all management and floor personnel talked each day regarding conflicts, issues and questions which would arise.People were completely trained before being let go on their own. Shift co-workers worked well as a team and shared the load to accomplish all tasks efficiently and quickly. The hardest part of the job was productivity goals with such a understaffed facility and jobs were physically stressing with loud, deafening atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job of course was the perks the company provided. Things like the good mannered competition between peers and management and the weight room, Paid time off and releasing people early with pay on the days before holidays and special occasions for voluntary community services.
The job can suck and ruin your personal life
Sales Representative (Former Employee), MichiganJune 22, 2015
Pros: Very fulfilling and interesting work
Cons: Loss of personal life.
I found the job to be very positive and fulfilling. Walking around college campuses and talking to very intelligent instructors and professors about what they are teaching is great. The downside is the culture of being a sales rep. You are expected to work long hours, nights and weekends, whatever it takes to get the job done. Most of the people you work with are remote and can be difficult to reach and sometime they take a long time to respond. There is a chance for promotion, but a majority of the jobs are in the home office. Over the past few years the stress of the job has increased significantly. You can make good money with the company, the benefits are average, the car is a good perk, but they keep moving to cheaper models.
Miserable work environment with constant upheaval
Associate Business Manager (Current Employee), Old Tappan, NJJune 22, 2015
There are so many systems and so much reorganization that it boggles the mind. When I first started the bonuses were good and the culture was positive. That has all changed now.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2015
Great people, fun place to work. Great work out and benefits.Culture is great and people are nice. I would recommend this place to work in.
Productive and hardworker
Forklift (Former Employee), NJJune 17, 2015
Pros: did what I liked, order picker
Starting a day at Pearson made my life happy. I learned many things, like use a forklift, cherry picker, order picker. My friends were also very productive like me.
Too many reorgs
Dev. Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 16, 2015
Pros: great work-life balance
Cons: too many reorgs
At first it was great; there was a great sense of belonging to a team full of caring, intelligent people.

However, in the last 4 years there has been a reorg every year. The sense of purpose has been lost, people are being railroaded, employee morale is at an all time low.
not sure
software support (Current Employee), bloomington, mnJune 16, 2015
Pros: wifi
Cons: direction of lower than standard employee
no direction.. advancement. bad direction, slow development, more senior employees leaving with the same thought of no advancement
It was a great workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: Time went by so fast
Cons: It was such a far drive to get to work.
I loved the people I worked with. My coworkers were super helpful with me when I started and with questions that I had. I helped customers with common problems with the pearson site if they could not log into their accounts or if their accounts were locked. I helped open and verify their accounts and gave them their usernames and reset their passwords that I sent to a current email.
Self-employment's a double-edged sword
Essay Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2015
Here again, my resume describes my responsibilities in some detail; and like other free-lance assignments, while the compensation was reasonable, there were of course no benefits, advancement potential or job security.
Employees