Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

Work from home
Test Scorer (Current Employee), San Juan, PRApril 13, 2015
Pros: Flexibilty to work from home
Cons: reliable income
I enjoy working from home, management supervisors are available for feedback. I work part-time , on certain projects through the year.
Managers / team leads were very kind and so nice.
Image Editing Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 9, 2015
Pros: They heavily encourage you to stretch after each break for at least 5 mins.
Cons: I wish this job could have been temp to hire.
There was not the typical micro-managing that tends to exist in some environments. You were responsible for you, and if you were not a responsible, reliable employee, you faced the consequences, but, they treated you like a person, and respect each and every individual who works there.
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 8, 2015
Good place to work. Need more employees in the department. Need more organizational skills. Open space to work which makes it very public and hard to be private.
Good place
Production (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: layoffs
This was a good place to work. Just saw a lot of downsizing in a changing market in a declining economy. Layoffs every year.
great
Scorer (temp) (Current Employee), San antonio, txApril 3, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: dresscode, flexibility, pay
great place to work especially if you are in between careers, flexible schedule, great if you are working another position, employee centered environment, great dresscode
Fantastic
Mutual Clerk (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 3, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: Seasonal
We at Hazel Park are dedicated to serving your needs. Whether you are a longtime trainer or a novice handicapper, the Hazel Park staff is readily available to assist you and answer any questions. We know that Hazel Park is just one of your many entertainment options, and we sincerely appreciate that you choose to spend your time with us
Productive and challenging work environment with highly competent management and team members
Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, Training Manager (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 29, 2015
Company standards were highest in the industry, and employees met their expected ethical and work ethic creating an ideal productive work environment.

Learning evolved professionally, personally, and culturally. Co-workers were cooperative, enthusiastic, and thoughtful, and we all worked effectively on a variety of projects.

People within the group as well as our customers made this career chapter one of the most fulfilling of my life. I can only wish that everyone would have an opportunity to be part of such an effective and honorable group of people.
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, pay, great culture
Cons: Some tools weren't up to date
It was a great working environment. Pearson has a wonderful culture. It was very fast pace during the semesters, but things slowed down a little bit in the summer while training for products coming up. Wonderful people, we moved so I left Pearson, but I would work for Pearson when given the opportunity again!
Extremely stiffling corporate environment
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 25, 2015
Creativity is squashed. The atmosphere was extremely political. Constant reorganization. Don't expect to leave doing similar work to what you entered the company doing. It changes constantly without your input.
Nice place to work, 0% job stability
Associate Bilingual Editor (Current Employee), Glenview, ILMarch 24, 2015
They used to hire temps and TOPs editors ONLY. None of them could work longer than 2 years in the company. But now, working for 2 years as an Editor is not even an option. They are NOT hiring Editors anymore!!! They outsourced ALL the work to India, Mexico, and Argentina...
Great Staff
Test Administrator (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: meeting a variety of candidates, having a great support staff, convenient location
Cons: rest rooms located behind locked doors outside the office proper, lack of office hours to work
I enjoyed my position as Test Administration at Pearson for the past 5 years; however, you need to have a lot of flexibility with this type of job, the desire to work 12-hour days with no specific meal breaks (eat at your desk), expensive medical benefit premiums, and no advancement. This is the perfect position for retirees, students or homemakers desiring very part-time work.

I learned how to work in a very secure environment, how to problem solve and resolve IT issues, and how to successfully interact with people from varying backgrounds. I loved my manager and co-workers as well as the candidates who tested at this center. The hardest part of the position was not knowing my schedule more than a week in advance and trying to balance work with personal life as a result.The locations are very close to my home but when the office hours decreased I could no longer afford to work for this company. That was the only detraction for me!
its good
Enrollment Advisor - Recruitment (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 21, 2015
It is a terrific company to work for. But lots of stress for little compensation. There is no motivation or benefit to to go above and beyond.
great people to work with
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lebanon, In 46052March 19, 2015
I start the day taking phones call, if not much going on, we would help with web orders or claims also from fax, email and mail where we would fix any problems or we would enter the order and any information into the systems
Overall best job I've Had
Returns Processor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 17, 2015
I hated that I got laid off I really did enjoy getting up for work everyday, I loved what I did. The management was very friendly.
Good company
Application Engineer (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 16, 2015
Overall is a good company where you can learn and allowed to do your job. Good environment, your are expected to deliver, but they also provide the tools to do that.
Excellent benefits, great place to work.
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Lebanon, INMarch 7, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, timely breaks and lunch. overtime work if needed.
Cons: took too long between temp to fulltime employment.
Excellent business to work for. Many benefits. Each day started with pre work meeting with team leader, picked product to be stacked on pallets,wrapped pallets, staged or loaded pallets.Management saw to it we were provided with correct training to fulfill any job requirement. Co-workers were pretty much always there to perform their tasks as well as helping others accomplish their jobs. Hardest part of job was to catch from 1000-10000 cases of books to place on correct pallets.After all cases were caught we wrapped and either loaded the pallets onto a trailer or staged in another part of warehouse for live loading.
The richest education publising company of the world
Senior Story Artist/Illustrator/animator (Former Employee), Glenview, ILMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great benefits. bonuses.
Cons: no mission besides profit. overworking. no clear internal organization strategy.
It is an education publishing company focused on profit, and where its mission toys with education.
It has the industrial production line approach in its purest form: all work is accounted for, and where thinking time, creativity time is considered overhead or leisure time.
Its main asset resides in the people that work there, although there is not much time for human interaction.
The hardest part of the job is to keep up with the production quotas, or with the relationship of market sales expectations and cost: a hard model applied to a much less tangible mission of educating creatively.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the access to new software, or hardware, if justified correctly to budget. The pressure and expectations can make the employee highly efficient, at a price though.
Fast paced supportive work environment impacting customers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 5, 2015
Pros: supportive work environment among close coworkers serving education effort, great benefits
Cons: inconsistency amoung management staff
Averaging 30-60 calls per day in a inbound contact center work environment. Incoming calls related to scheduling and canceling examination from all around the world. Trouble shooting issues varied also a part of the job handling test site closures, test issues, and computer issues.
Pearson is an excellent company to work for, and a fun environment
Tech Support of PowerSchool, SchoolNet, Clinical (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 3, 2015
I've worked in many call-center technical support positions, but none have ever come close to being as excellent as Pearson. It's a great environment to work in. Quiet, friendly, and fun.
Working for Sawyer
Accounts Payable Lead, Travel Program (Current Employee), Glen Burnie MDMarch 3, 2015
Working for sawyer was not the best experience. the hours were long and and the management was hard on you and pushed you to lease apartment or lose your job. My manager was not respectful and the overall company was not organized

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more

Pearson Salaries