Pearson Employee Reviews

Easy going environment
Customer Digital Success (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 26, 2017
Probably the best management team I ever got to work with, same with the co-workers as everyone was always eager to assist one another when they had issues or complications.
I loved my work here
temp (Former Employee) –  Upper Saddle River, NJApril 26, 2017
I worked as a sales analyst/administrative. Worked on Excel reports/spreadsheets all day. What can I say - this was a great company to work for. (temporary position for 3 years) Coworkers/people were great. It was a friendly atmosphere. Strangers passed you in hallway and would always smile and say hello. I wanted a job here permanently but our dept was downsized. Great company, great benefits, great perks. Managers were cooperative, helpful and willing to train. Always met my responsibilities and near the end they did give me an 11% raise. If I only had this job again I'd be happy.
Senior A/R Accountant (Former Employee) –  Upper Saddle River, NJApril 25, 2017
Pearson was a great place to work. Lots of team efforts. Management was very attentive. The hardest part of the job was having to be transferred to another department because of Lay offs.
n/a
Digital Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2017
Pearson is going through yet another re-org, and it is a daily mess. No one knows what their new job role entails, we are all still doing our old and parts of our new job. Transitions have not happened yet. Many people were laid off out of nowhere.
n/a
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Upper Saddle River, NJApril 25, 2017
Pearson is a good place to work - The people make the company!. However, the downside is the company has constant reorgs which have lead to many many layoffs - Morale is low -- Not certain of the company's direction these days. Advancement is not there.
Pros
Flexible, benefits, great people
Cons
Constant reorgs, poor morale due to lay-offs, salary, no advancement
Nice College!
Test Administrator/Procter (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 20, 2017
Capital Community college has a pleasant environment. The staff and instructors are helpful and patient. The facility is more than adequate for the needs of the student.
brilliant
Scorer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2017
working with Pearson is one of the best ways to grow in the educational services sector. Its a relaxed environment to work and most especially because you can work from the convenience of your own home. They never hold back your hours during pay days and they also provide room for compensation according to your input and productivity.
Great Work Culture but Constant Reorgs Make for Unstable Environment
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  USAApril 19, 2017
Pearson overall is a great place to work; the people are great and the company culture is awesome. The downside would be the constant reorgs that shuffle people around and before the dust can even settle, shuffle them around again. These reorgs lead to layoffs and the company's direction is uncertain. Great place to work if you enjoy the work/life balance but if you want to advance your career you'll have to move to another company (possibly by force if you are laid off).
Pros
Very flexible, benefits, work/life balance
Cons
Salary not on par with industry standards, Constant reorgs
Customer Service
Customer Support Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2017
Very rewarding and assisting to help with instructors and administrators. Able to preform excellent customer service to everyone in organizations and school districts.
Great Place to Work
Digital Production Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 17, 2017
Working at Pearson was great. They have a good benefits package, 401k and after a year or two you become eligible for bonuses (based on the company's financial performance). While working there I was bouncing around from small project to small project within a larger project that Pearson had been working on for several years. The work was sometimes tedious, but the overall workload was never a problem for myself. The direct management that I worked under was great, but I got the feeling that farther up the totem pole it was lacking. Where I was the workplace culture was pretty laid back and as long as you got your work done well and on time, you were left to your own devices. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the people that I got to work with and interact with on a daily basis. They were excellent and helped nurture a feeling of family and camaraderie within the project.
Pros
Benefits, workplace culture
Cons
Investors have a short-term view of profits and don't want to invest for the future of the company
Acquired
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 14, 2017
not too much experience with them. part of company that was acquired and the later lost job due to job consolidation. Experience was mostly in the slower firm that was acquired
benefits
Good employer
Product Tailoring Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 12, 2017
Compensation was not what I expected, but fair. Benefits were great! Had a conventional benefits package. Really great Paid Time Off plan, plus holidays. Pearson is a big company, and as a result they downsize often. Employee discounts on books by 50 to 60 percent of retail.
Pros
Cons
lack of defined career path
Great people and work life balance
Associate Director, User Experience Group (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2017
Due to massive corporate restructuring, new CEO, and challenging market conditions, Pearson's product pipeline and future vision are unclear. Lack of leadership.
Fantastic Company (used to be)
Director of User Experience (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2017
Good working enviroment
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2017
worked with great group of team. Had a great manager and worked in a very professional environment. You also had the opportunity for growth. Great benefits.
small town huge office
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 10, 2017
worked with wide range of people with experience from all background. Work environment was relaxed, with everyday new learning. big team, multiple location, and offshore team handing same project.
Productive and fun workplace
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 10, 2017
I love being part of the team working here. It was very funny. The environment was stable and help is everywhere in the corner for a new employee. I strongly recommended
Rewarding Career Opportunity
Direct Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAApril 3, 2017
Workplace culture was open to teamwork and acceptance of fresh thinking. Small and large groups addressed identified points which might impact most successful results for a new or existing product/program. Marketing tools, promotional methods, and clear understanding of target market were vital to our clear vision.
Pros
Employment was fair for everyone, and opportunity for promotion was equal for everyone.
Cons
None that impacted our productive results
busy
Scorer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 3, 2017
A typical day at work is fast and busy. I learned how to score middle school and high school state exams. Management was always available when I had questions. Passing the qualification was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is reading the students work and understanding how they think.
Tedious work with poor compensation and hours, but great coworkers.
Test Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 2, 2017
The work is fairly steady, but the pay is poor, raises are few and far between, and management appears unsteady at best. The interaction with the candidates can be great or awful, much as with any customer service position. The data security is paramount, and you need to learn the appropriate way to do things quickly or you will flounder. Thankfully, due to the procedures being so complex, coworkers know that new hires need help and are always willing to assist. There is a real teamwork vibe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pearson. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval