Pearson

Pearson Employer Reviews

Empty promises of hours to work.
Test Administrator (Former Employee), Copley, OHOctober 23, 2013
Pros: candidates were great!
Cons: retaliation, favoritism and unfairness at copley ohio location.
Empty promises of hours to work by manager at Copley Ohio location.. There is slow season and busy season. Part time hours very irregular and months may go by with no hours. It seems after Nov. of the year, very, very little hours till summer of next year. Also manager is not fair on hours and shows favoritism to certain employees.
Unprofessional-ism, – more... favoritism and retaliation are the core of Copley Ohio office.
If you want a job that is really not a job??? Apply.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all of the different candidates. – less
Stay away from the Copely Ohio office
Test Administrator (Former Employee), Copely, OhioOctober 16, 2013
Pros: none to speak of
Cons: corporate talks the talk doesn't walk the walk
Corruption, favoritism, retaliation run amuck in this office. All the good and honest employees are leaving at this moment. Do not apply to this office!
A very good company
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 8, 2013
I learned a lot
I worked very happy with the team
I like the company's culture
its an ok place
shipping temp (Former Employee), Lebanon, INOctober 7, 2013
stacking cases of books to be loaded on trucks, there is a lack of communication between leads and laborers. It was a good work out on the other hand.
I enjoy the people I work with and really enjoy helping the customers.
Customer Service Representative/COM Coordinator (Current Employee), High Point, NCOctober 6, 2013
Pros: the people i get to work with on a daily basis.
Cons: not being given a raise when promoted to higher position, having to be our own cleaning crew
Upper management is not very good at open communication. This sometimes makes being able to do my job to the best of my ability difficult. I arrive at work early and work hard and steadily throughout the day to ensure that I am performing my job to the best of my ability. I take great pride in what I do and doing it to the best of my ability. I am probably – more... my own worst critic. I work well with others and our customers. That is my favorite part of the job. Helping the customers and giving them the information they need to do their job. The hardest part of the job is not being appreciated by management, and not being paid an appropriate amount. – less
Professional
Test Administrator (Current Employee), Midvale, UTOctober 6, 2013
Worked and learned every day. I administered many kinds of tests from financial to real estate (including fingerprinting.)
Challenging work to support huge user support and adopt new technologies
Software Architect, Design and Development (Current Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJOctober 5, 2013
Have large user base (7million+ users) and always ready to adopt new technologies. Focused on polished product delivery which makes overall work experience awesome.
Great Employer
Term of Project Manager (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJOctober 2, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule. great benefits.
Everyone within Pearson has a team mentality, we all work together for the best products to sell to customers.
You build excellent work skills working with different departments under extremely tight deadlines and see quickly how everyone pulls together to make the magic happen.
The best place to work until now!
Seasonal Scorer / Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 1, 2013
Pros: is when we working overtime they supply with extra snacks o bring treats to our place
Cons: only seasonal job, if not i am still there.
Its a very professional place to work, with a very professional people, I learn many valuables think for my co-workers and also to the studies with do.
The management are very professional and very accurate. The hardest part of the job it's when we have to finished a project to certain day, but it's easy to do it because they paid extra money for working – more... overtime or some times they double it the paid.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me its, when I do project in Spanish. – less
Science Supplier for a K-12 Education Industry
Curriculum Specialist (Current Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: the bonus structure
Cons: the demographics of some parts of the territory so rural
A typical day involved me calling on and meeting each customer's need in my immediate territory. I had a A,B,C cycle of how I would maintain each account. I would start with the night before by sending emails to the inside support team on varies samples, contracts be any type of communication or as much correspondence that could be taken care of in-house – more... the night before. I would then work on outside emails that could be sent or mailings that had to go to directly, or quotes or proposals that I could do/send out. This would maximize my "presence" and made me feel like I was able to reach more of my territory on a daily basis.

My site visits/contact style or "work-ability" was determined by several variables but this is how I divided up my top 100 districts in an effort to meet both my personal and company appointed goals

My A districts I touched every 2-3 days
My B districts I touched every 7-9 days
My C districts I touched every 2- 3 weeks

I learned how to delegate in a very efficient and productive way with checks and balances.

Managing the paper work and the reports while being visible in my territory and was by far the hardest part of my job and keep me on self check.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the training of technology and scientific concepts. I felt that I was an asset and I had the pleasure of empowering the teachers to pass on that knowledge. – less
Good Global Company
Senior Director (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: work in silos, difficult to advance professionally. management looking up not down.
Work in silos, difficult to advance professionally.
Management looking up not down.
Great benefits, good salaries.
Very satisfying place of development until warehousw was sold and jobs eliminated.
Shipping supervisor / Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: highly respectful treatment of employees.
Cons: physical warehouse sold without opportunities for displacement.
Position allowed for self development and growth through respect for performance. Work/life balance was above standard in industry. Opportunity for well rounded industry training in all facets was encouraged and provided. Leadership and associates were "family."
good
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), KERALASeptember 12, 2013
Working in Pearson was a good experience for me,to start my professional life. Learned to work in Organisation and with many co-workers
Environment allowed you to stay focused on the job
Contract Recruiter (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNSeptember 11, 2013
Learned new applicant tracking system which allowed me to access, review and choose candidates for test administrator positions at test centers across the United States. Worked independently with unstructured training to assure OFCP compliance in the recruiting process. Had to develop positive working relationships with Test Center Managers to identify, – more... screen and set up interviews for the best qualified candidates. The positions varied slightly based on nuances of each location.

It was challenging to learn the applicant tracking systems from different people who had their own way of getting the required information into the system from a process and information gathering perspective. Necessary for me to understand the requirements and fit it with my style in working with the managers.

This was a temporary FT seasonal type position. Field managers we're accustomed to working with various recruiters. On average they worked with the company for over 8 years. On several occasions was told I was the best temp recruiter they'd work with. Was able to interpret manager provided employment/staffing information to make recommendations on preferred potential hires for selected positions. – less
Great place to work!
Account Executive (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNSeptember 7, 2013
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES

Achieve and exceed the Pearson preK-12 sales revenue goal in assigned sales and operational expense budgets. Accountable working within assigned sales operational budgets.

Work with the Market General Manager to translate vision and strategy into effective sales actions to maximize profitable revenue across all Pearson preK-12 – more... products, services, and solutions in assigned accounts

Partner with the highest level of decision makers within assigned districts to present broad Pearson solutions that include instruction, assessment, technology, and services solutions to increase student achievement within the district.

Identify solution and point opportunities in each assigned district and mobilize Market resources to bring Pearson K-12 expertise to each opportunity to win the business. Resolve territory product and service delivery issues.

Develop three-year account business plans including an annual sales plan in support of organizational goals and objectives incorporating articulated customer needs and funding criteria.

Prepare sales and pipeline reports showing secured sales, potential sales, and sales opportunity areas implementing the use of strategic sales analytics in assigned accounts

Seek new solutions opportunities for growth in sales territory. Looking for digital sales and emerging opportunities.

Coordinate field input to product management, product development, and marketing groups in advance of sales cycles to ensure Market instructional needs are met with effectiveness and innovation.

Provide the Market General Manager accurate information regarding all aspects of the sales activities in assigned states (sales and budget forecasting, competition analysis, strategy adjustments, sampling effectiveness, market trends, etc.)

Assume responsibility for working with the contract administration to ensure that all aspects of the listing process are accomplished on time and to the best advantage of the Assessment and Instruction Group within assigned districts.

Build relationships with other Pearson divisions and develop and oversee integration plans to maximize revenue opportunities and construct solutions that meet customer needs across elementary, secondary, supplemental, technology, assessment, and services development channels. Assume responsibility in working with field campaign marketing to assure successful pre-work activities for all upcoming campaigns.

Oversee market specialists in literacy, math, intervention, k-12 technology, 1:1 and virtual, assessment, ELL, and PD assigned to work in the Account General Manager’s accounts to win specified opportunities – less
Excellent environment
Sr. Account General Manager (Current Employee), Remote OfficeSeptember 5, 2013
Selling technology platforms, my typical day consists of building relationships with C level and Director level personnel. Working from a remote office allowed me to cover 6 states. The hardest part of the job is a most recent transformation where as I will be responsible for all products, which does not allow for strategizing with customers.

Building – more... relationships with customers and partners is my strong suit. – less
Used to be a fine shop
Admin (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: reasonable pay, but you really have to fight for it during negotiations.
Cons: poor management. incompetent technologists that have upper managements ear.
Fine place if you're looking to book some experience but poor on advancement or career opportunities. Political in-fighting and poor management has resulted in mis-communication, confusion, failures and missed deadlines. CTO is driving this ship into the iceberg.
Admin Support Sales Team
Shared Services Admin Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 28, 2013
Pros: exceptional company with exceptional peers and management
Cons: limited to growth. new ceo.
Dealing directly with Reps in the field, vendors, exhibits, conferences, travel arrangements, AP, shipping and receiving, excel, Outlook, travel for District meetings, organizing and set up for all National and State conferences.
Great people, great company.
Ok
Role - Project Manager (Current Employee), Noida,IndiaAugust 27, 2013
Pros: name
Cons: management
Ok to work with this company not a great exp
Entire Project Management
Good Co workers
To deal management is the tough part as there is no vision
Company designed with the educator in mind.
Regional Curriculum Specialist (Current Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 26, 2013
Pros: employees, products and services
Cons: limit opportunities for advancement in certain positions
Enjoyed the culture and vision of the company. Worked to help customers find solutions and resolve issues with under performing students. I learned that all children should have a right to great educational programs that individualized the learning for each one.

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more