Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

Warning Fort Wayne!
Test Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 25, 2015
The job itself could have been pleasant but I must warn anyone who would apply at the Fort Wayne test center that the manager is incredibly difficult to work for, and the office is extremely small. There is no escaping constant harassment. She will even stand over you while you complete your new hire feedback questions for Pearson, so you cannot be honest in your responses. I would not recommend ANYONE work at the Fort Wayne test center unless they change the manager (which they haven't done for years!) I have never been treated more horribly in a job before or since... analyzed & critiqued to death at all times, pitted against other employees, paranoia, etc.
Safe, Great work place
Shipping, Receiving, 3rd shift (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJFebruary 25, 2015
if you like boxes this is the job for you. i worked overnight with the shipment team and let me tell you this if you thought youve seen enough boxes then you havent worked here this place keeps the work coming so dont expect any down time. they dont pay to sit around and they make sure you dont. definetly worth the pay enjoyed working here.
A great professional learning experience working for Pearson
CUSTOMER TECHNICAL SUPPORT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Sandy, UTFebruary 20, 2015
Pearson has a fascinating and useful array of educational products, from K-12, to higher education, to lifetime learning. In my time at Pearson, my focus was in educational software for helping school-district-state administrators, but Pearson's dramatically-improving internal communication exposed me to many other products that can be used by working professionals like myself, while enrolled in college or university, and to follow my child's education (even if my school or district does not use the company's products).I was also able to participate in the implementation of products for the rapidly-evolving world of modern digital curriculum and tools, and this was an exciting opportunity.

Some of Pearson's most prominent products require massive scale and speed, and coordination of many departments to implement. Full cross-communication has improved dramatically in the past few years, yet still has room to improve and become a fully-ingrained component of the culture.
not productive
Processor (Current Employee), Cranbury, NJFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: near my house
Cons: work performance
•Administering injections
•Drawing blood
•Ordering supplies and equipment needed to keep the facility running smoothly
•Preparing the exam room for the physician
•Scheduling appointments for patients
•Taking vital signs
•Recording patient medical history
Pearson
Project Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 17, 2015
Pearson is a great place to work and provides its employees with great benefits. The work/life balance is very good and they are very accommodating to the ever changing schedules of their employees.

The company is great for job advancement and is a top company in the publishing industry.
It's been awhile but loved it there!
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: not much
I haven't been employed there in many years but what I do remember was the company was very good. People were great, management was very involved.
Productive and Interesting Place to Intern
Junior Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJFebruary 10, 2015
Everyone on the finance team was very kind and willing to aid me, as I was working as an intern. Pearson gave me a mentor who would guide me and teach me how to run daily operations as an analyst.
Good Work/Life Balance
HR (Current Employee), Old Tappan, NJFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good benefits; work/life
Cons: constant restructuring; poor leadership
Pearson is a great company but it is going through a lot of changes and the leadership isn't what it use to be. Lots of great people work for Pearson. Some employee programs are starting to disappear which is not a step in the right direction in order to attract good hard working employees.
Toxic
Project Manager (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: co-workers were great, decent work/life balance, managers were understanding about things like family emergencies, etc.
Cons: pay is terrible for the amount of work that was expected from us
Constant reorganization and job insecurity made for an extremely toxic work environment. Positions were left vacant for extended periods of time, leaving the remaining employees to pick up the slack--often for positions that were well above their pay grade. Salaries are pathetic and below industry averages. The only good thing about this place was (most of) the people I worked with.
pearson education
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Lebanon, INFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: closed down
I loved working here so sad it closed last year. The staff was great and the benefits were amazing. The pay wasn't the highest of the local factories but the benefits more than made up for that.
Fun place to work
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Old Tappan, NJFebruary 4, 2015
We worked a 35 hour work week
I learned to improve my time management and organization on another level. I learn Excel and basic skills of accounting.

Management was great to work for. They were fair and treated everyone equally. You felt like you weren't a employee but instead as family.

I'm coworkers were a joy to work with, many of which I remain friends with today.

I can't think of any part of working for the company I didn't like of found hard.

The enjoyable part of the job were the perks. Free merchandise, company BBQ's & Picnics. We also had our own company baseball team and we'd compete every summer against Barnes & Nobles team.
Great Place to work
Scoring Supervisor (Current Employee), Duluth GaFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great lunches
Cons: no healthcare
A typical 8 hour work day. I learn to have patience with go workers. This job allows advancement among minorities. The hardest part of the job is making sure students receive accurate test scoring.
Company with Longetivity
Sr. Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAFebruary 3, 2015
Company has great employees and really good benefits. Offers good career advancement from within. Work there fifteen years, gained much knowledge.
Productive work place
Texas Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Productive work place, great team work and team members. Established company (not new) with great benefits and global branches.
Good place to work, with needed support.
Test Center Manager (Current Employee), Wheat Ridge COFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: benefits and support
Cons: lack of hours at times.
Pearson is a great company, with very good benefits and managerial support. Advancement was limited in the Wisconsin market, but things seem to be better now this I relocated to Colorado.
Life appears Vue
Test Administrator (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CaJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good employees
Live is good at Pearson Vue. The job is fun and the management is trained and helps provide a great place to work. The job itself is not hard but it can get busy at times with people taking a exam that will allow them to continue working. This combination lends for a interesting workplace.
good place to work
machine operator (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: management staff was great to work for
Cons: like every job i had in iowa, not permeate, even when it suppose to be
it was the only place i worked in a long time where the employer appreciate their employees . The hardest aspect of the job was it would run out of work a lot . So you had a lot of down time . So most of us would go home out of boredom, which was not good for the pay check .
Innovative, listens to employees to create a better work environment
Scorer (Current Employee), OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: constantly seeking to better the work environment with employees' input.
Cons: benefits for scorers are not what i would like.
Pearson is a leader in education. They provide courses for stay at home schools all the way up to colleges. I scored academic tests for grades 1 through senior high school students. I used proprietary software owned by Pearson to score and upload the data to the Pearson Network. Management always are seeking ways to improve the work environment, and appreciate all input from employees. Changes are made from the input that make the work environment a better place. The hardest part of the job is saying good bye to the people, every time a project ends. However it's fun to work with a new group for each project, as each grade and academic subject meant a new group. Pearson allows employees to score academic subjects at the grade level that each employee is most comfortable with scoring.
Great Job for Student or Recent Grad
Test Administrator (Former Employee), South Burlington, VTJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling, entry level white collar work, part-time
Cons: no benefits, poor pay, unpredictable schedule sometimes, little/no room for advancement, strictly short-hour/parti-time
Work is routine and can be boring - you are an exam proctor. Staff is mostly made up of retired and/or senior citizens. Management is very understanding, helpful, and has got your back. The hardest part of the job is dealing with disgruntled/angry/disappointed/confused clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a kind staff and helping clients reach their career goals.

Basically, this job is great for college students, stop gap for recent grads, and is great for retired professionals. This is NOT a job for an ambitious person or someone who needs a full-time job with benefits.
There is a basketbal hoop, cafeteria, and table tennis table!
Customer Support Technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: basketball hoop, table tennis table, cafeteria
Cons: call center.
This job is temp to hire but never seems to be any move toward the hire aspect unless it is absolutely necessary for the business. I have been employed here as a temporary employee for 1.5 of the past 2 years at three different posts, could be more up front about the opportunity for hire!

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more

Pearson Salaries