Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

Typical Day at Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CASeptember 7, 2015
I am working as a Sales Associate with Pearson Education where I work with Southern CA Account General Managers. My responsibilities range from researching information, responding to customer inquiries, creating spreadsheets of data, and managing the set up for presentations and conferences.
Gain experience but don't expect a raise
Support Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2015
There are two types of people. The ones that work hard and end up doing more work (at maybe a 10 cent raise a year) and the ones that don't work hard and are content at not moving up or getting any significant raise.

They hire people to do more or less than what you do and pay them more.

Instead of replacing your supervisor or hiring additional people, they give others additional duties to make up for the missing help. At no pay increase or promotion.
Pros
Great Benefits, Cafeteria on site
Cons
Short breaks, short lunches, no pay raise, little to no room for growth
High demand
data processor (Current Employee) –  cranbury, njSeptember 2, 2015
very strict on being on time. very strict on cell phone usage. high demand work with not enough help. unreasonable expectations
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
no benefits or granted days off
A typical work day
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was team building with colleagues and learning from each other. Many employees telecommute.
Pearson Education
Loose Pick (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INAugust 31, 2015
Pearson Education was a good working environment that consisted of several hundred workers. All these workers were motivated to work, they were all helpful and generous. I've managed to learned what I was needed to learn I was taught how to work the machines and scanners by my team leader. What I liked most of this job was working in second shift which was the afternoon shift. The hardest part of the job was the days the company had really big orders that where due that day, so it was really difficult at times for everyone to keep up but was worth it at the end of the day because our team was able to accomplish the order in time.
Open to your opinion without issues
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 28, 2015
The company was courteous and interested in your work with suggestions. You were able to be creative with your facts and explanations. The work environment was conducive to a friendly work climate.
Pearson
SENIOR ANIMATOR / ILLUSTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2015
I am not much of a reviewer.

It was a Job.

Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. Large art department. Good healthcare.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
deadlines
Stress free, fun and productive workspace
Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 27, 2015
The work culture at Pearson is really good. The work load is not much. Working hours are flexible. Love to a part of such organization
Pros
Flexible hours
Fun and interesting.
Scorer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2015
I worked approximately 40 hours per week scoring public school students reading, writing, and punctuation test from home on my computer.The hardest part of the job was understanding students handwriting when they did not use a computer. This job is temporally from March to July each year.
Pros
Some of the essays were quite interesting.
Cons
We receive two 15 minute brakes and 30 minute lunch brakes.
Good company with great people
Project Manager, Marketing & K-12 Events (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 24, 2015
Pearson is a good company to work for. They are fair, professional and the market leader in education. The downside is the constant change and re-organization. Instead of exploring other careers within Pearson I have been fortunate to hold onto to my position. Pearson has a well educated, hard working employee base.
good
Part-time English Language Arts Scorer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2015
Able to score at my own hours. It is suitable for stay at home moms. I am able to work from home or log in at any location. There is assistance available when we have scoring concerns. Highly recommend this job to anyone.
Cons
Pay is not always correct
Company in flux.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, ColoradoAugust 21, 2015
The company is trying to find its way. There is a transition underway from the old publishing guard to the new online world. Because of this transition there is a heavy turnover rate in all areas, Technology more so. The Centennial and Boston offices in particular have a problem

The Business Management is more on tract than the technology management. There continues to be a struggle between the new technology leadership on the best approach which continues to cause thrashing and uncertainty among the tech teams.

The PMO area is either non existent in some areas or establishing itself in others.In the areas that is has a foothold it is top heavy with a weak middle management.This is a go along to get along area

If you are looking for a fast pace environment this is not the place for you.

A word to the wise - technology is going places. !!!!!
Pros
Technology is current, co-workers great, flexible work hours
Cons
Pay is average, turnover is high. No firm direction in technology, Outsourcing is taking hold
Horrible Company
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bloomington , MNAugust 20, 2015
They will lay you off quick. I was a Representative at the Blooming ton location. People are not friendly management feel they are high superior than you are when in reality they are nothing. Job flow is not good, and no clear directions on how to do your job they just sort of throw you in there. The pay is the lowest with call centers and you will get over worked and underpaid while people set you up to get fired. Oh yea turn over ratio is high there they do not keep employees because they will find reasons to get rid of you. So while you use the computers to chat don't say too much.
Pros
Great benefits, lots of time off.
Cons
Horrible management, horrible company, stressful calls, no advancement, not a friendly place.
Met some great people
Channel Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 19, 2015
At first it was great, but in the last two years it went down hill. I enjoyed my time there and the different roles I worked.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Poor communication, no clear direction
Great work environment
Scanner Operator (Former Employee) –  Iowa City IowaAugust 18, 2015
Great place to work, management is always on top of things making the daily flow go very easy. Great mentors and team leaders all through out the facility
Pros
Great team work and work environment
Cons
Temporary Job
Slow moving corporate machine
Tech Developer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2015
Pearson's stability comes from their deep rooted connections in the education system. However, their inability to take chances fast enough -- makes them incapable of competing with younger startups. These startups will eventually take their business.
Pros
healthcare, stability
Cons
no room advancement, poor management
Good
Mobile QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2015
Fun to work, nice supportive management. Good project, like to work again. Co-operative work environment. Not many customers are using product. Most of staff are consultant so they don't feel loyalty to product.
Pearson & Paris
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 6, 2015
There is really no typical day at Pearson & Paris. We have many different clients, from probate to personal injury, federal cases to family law. The criminal cases are the most interesting to me, however I specialize in the family law section of the practice. I love my co-workers, as we interact as more of a family than actual co-workers. The best part of my day is helping clients, reuniting families and settling long, hard custody battles.
Pros
Work schedule
Life Balance was great! Coworkers helpful and friendly
Contracts Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJAugust 5, 2015
Preparing Proposals for returning and new clients. Management was very hands on and helpful. • Preparation of submissions such as request for proposal, contract extensions for prospective and existing clients
• Maintain accurate records in contracts inventory management system
• Interaction with internal shareholders associated with proposals for contractual opportunities
• Redlining and proofreading terms and conditions of initial contracts
Great place to work with supportive management
World Languages and Humanities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 5, 2015
Great place to work with strong management support. Opportunities to learn and advancement. World leader education publisher.