Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

Good Benefits
Application Developer (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJApril 23, 2015
Overall a good company to work for. The benefits are great and they treat their employees pretty well. As in most companies too many meetings.
Scoring Center Nightmare
Test Scorer (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 23, 2015
Pros: I'll never see the inside of that place again
Cons: Have a seat, get some popcorn, and read on
Left to my own devices, I could never have imagined the level of corporate incompetence that I encountered in the Pearson employees at this scoring center.

My payroll checks were incorrect, having errors in
1) the type of pay owed per type of work performed, and
2) the payroll deduction choices that I carefully specified when signing on with them.

IT, HR, and management were lost in space and either messed up or did nothing at all. The attrition rate of the scorers at this center was frighteningly high, which is as it should be; nobody with a shred of dignity wanted that low-paying job to be extended. Although many scorers were highly educated and thoroughly professional, a large number of people took the job because they couldn't get anything else at the time. This contributed to demoralized conversation on breaks and during the generous half-hour lunch.

This job was the dictionary definition of frustration; fortunately the position was short term, and I'll never do it again.
Good Place for Temp Work
Test Scorer (Current Employee), Lansing, MIApril 22, 2015
A great company to work for on a temporary basis. The colleagues are wonderful, the supervisors and trainers and pleasant and have good personalities. There are no hidden agendas, no back biting, no issues. People are treated fairly, with respect. Pleasant atmosphere and the work, though sometimes frustrating, is not particularly difficult.
Talented staff great benefits
Senior Illustrator / Animator (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 22, 2015
Pearson is full of talented , smart people. They offer many opportunities to learn new skills. Pearson also offers the ability to work remotely. Durning my time at Pearson I was able to work on a wide variety of projects using many different skills.
I loved this job it was extremely friendly and fun
Executive Sales/Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 22, 2015
This job is where I gained most of my professional training. Managers were great my team was extremely fun and energetic
Great work environment
Test Scorer (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 21, 2015
Enjoyed learning how to grade the tests and discussing ways to improve the scoring systems. We would grade tests using defined rubrics, after grading all the tests we would analyze how the questions prompted different answers from the students.
Miss the old Pearson
Director, Procurement Strategy & Analysis (Former Employee), Old Tappan, NJApril 21, 2015
Pearson used to be a great place to work until the change of CEO's. it went from a fun, supportive environment to one where consultants called all the shots.
Quiet atmosphere with bursts of activity.
Test Administrator (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling.
Cons: Short breaks dependent on the scheduling of the tests.
The manager I have is excellent.

The job entails a good blend of routine, mixed with active times. Typically, we would arrive about q15 minutes before the first batch of candidates, set up the computers for them to test on, and then go through the admission process for each one.

My co-workers are all dedicated professionals.
Good company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Ontario, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: unskilled management
The company made a great effort in providing training and keeping lines of communication open. There was always plenty of resources available.
Work from home
Test Scorer (Current Employee), San Juan, PRApril 13, 2015
Pros: Flexibilty to work from home
Cons: reliable income
I enjoy working from home, management supervisors are available for feedback. I work part-time , on certain projects through the year.
Managers / team leads were very kind and so nice.
Image Editing Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 9, 2015
Pros: They heavily encourage you to stretch after each break for at least 5 mins.
Cons: I wish this job could have been temp to hire.
There was not the typical micro-managing that tends to exist in some environments. You were responsible for you, and if you were not a responsible, reliable employee, you faced the consequences, but, they treated you like a person, and respect each and every individual who works there.
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 8, 2015
Good place to work. Need more employees in the department. Need more organizational skills. Open space to work which makes it very public and hard to be private.
Good place
Production (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: layoffs
This was a good place to work. Just saw a lot of downsizing in a changing market in a declining economy. Layoffs every year.
great
Scorer (temp) (Current Employee), San antonio, txApril 3, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: dresscode, flexibility, pay
great place to work especially if you are in between careers, flexible schedule, great if you are working another position, employee centered environment, great dresscode
Fantastic
Mutual Clerk (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 3, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: Seasonal
We at Hazel Park are dedicated to serving your needs. Whether you are a longtime trainer or a novice handicapper, the Hazel Park staff is readily available to assist you and answer any questions. We know that Hazel Park is just one of your many entertainment options, and we sincerely appreciate that you choose to spend your time with us
Productive and challenging work environment with highly competent management and team members
Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, Training Manager (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 29, 2015
Company standards were highest in the industry, and employees met their expected ethical and work ethic creating an ideal productive work environment.

Learning evolved professionally, personally, and culturally. Co-workers were cooperative, enthusiastic, and thoughtful, and we all worked effectively on a variety of projects.

People within the group as well as our customers made this career chapter one of the most fulfilling of my life. I can only wish that everyone would have an opportunity to be part of such an effective and honorable group of people.
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, pay, great culture
Cons: Some tools weren't up to date
It was a great working environment. Pearson has a wonderful culture. It was very fast pace during the semesters, but things slowed down a little bit in the summer while training for products coming up. Wonderful people, we moved so I left Pearson, but I would work for Pearson when given the opportunity again!
Extremely stiffling corporate environment
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 25, 2015
Creativity is squashed. The atmosphere was extremely political. Constant reorganization. Don't expect to leave doing similar work to what you entered the company doing. It changes constantly without your input.
Nice place to work, 0% job stability
Associate Bilingual Editor (Current Employee), Glenview, ILMarch 24, 2015
They used to hire temps and TOPs editors ONLY. None of them could work longer than 2 years in the company. But now, working for 2 years as an Editor is not even an option. They are NOT hiring Editors anymore!!! They outsourced ALL the work to India, Mexico, and Argentina...
Great Staff
Test Administrator (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: meeting a variety of candidates, having a great support staff, convenient location
Cons: rest rooms located behind locked doors outside the office proper, lack of office hours to work
I enjoyed my position as Test Administration at Pearson for the past 5 years; however, you need to have a lot of flexibility with this type of job, the desire to work 12-hour days with no specific meal breaks (eat at your desk), expensive medical benefit premiums, and no advancement. This is the perfect position for retirees, students or homemakers desiring very part-time work.

I learned how to work in a very secure environment, how to problem solve and resolve IT issues, and how to successfully interact with people from varying backgrounds. I loved my manager and co-workers as well as the candidates who tested at this center. The hardest part of the position was not knowing my schedule more than a week in advance and trying to balance work with personal life as a result.The locations are very close to my home but when the office hours decreased I could no longer afford to work for this company. That was the only detraction for me!
Employees