Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

great people to work with
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lebanon, In 46052March 19, 2015
I start the day taking phones call, if not much going on, we would help with web orders or claims also from fax, email and mail where we would fix any problems or we would enter the order and any information into the systems
Overall best job I've Had
Returns Processor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 17, 2015
I hated that I got laid off I really did enjoy getting up for work everyday, I loved what I did. The management was very friendly.
Good company
Application Engineer (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 16, 2015
Overall is a good company where you can learn and allowed to do your job. Good environment, your are expected to deliver, but they also provide the tools to do that.
Excellent benefits, great place to work.
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Lebanon, INMarch 7, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, timely breaks and lunch. overtime work if needed.
Cons: took too long between temp to fulltime employment.
Excellent business to work for. Many benefits. Each day started with pre work meeting with team leader, picked product to be stacked on pallets,wrapped pallets, staged or loaded pallets.Management saw to it we were provided with correct training to fulfill any job requirement. Co-workers were pretty much always there to perform their tasks as well as helping others accomplish their jobs. Hardest part of job was to catch from 1000-10000 cases of books to place on correct pallets.After all cases were caught we wrapped and either loaded the pallets onto a trailer or staged in another part of warehouse for live loading.
The richest education publising company of the world
Senior Story Artist/Illustrator/animator (Former Employee), Glenview, ILMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great benefits. bonuses.
Cons: no mission besides profit. overworking. no clear internal organization strategy.
It is an education publishing company focused on profit, and where its mission toys with education.
It has the industrial production line approach in its purest form: all work is accounted for, and where thinking time, creativity time is considered overhead or leisure time.
Its main asset resides in the people that work there, although there is not much time for human interaction.
The hardest part of the job is to keep up with the production quotas, or with the relationship of market sales expectations and cost: a hard model applied to a much less tangible mission of educating creatively.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the access to new software, or hardware, if justified correctly to budget. The pressure and expectations can make the employee highly efficient, at a price though.
Fast paced supportive work environment impacting customers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 5, 2015
Pros: supportive work environment among close coworkers serving education effort, great benefits
Cons: inconsistency amoung management staff
Averaging 30-60 calls per day in a inbound contact center work environment. Incoming calls related to scheduling and canceling examination from all around the world. Trouble shooting issues varied also a part of the job handling test site closures, test issues, and computer issues.
Pearson is an excellent company to work for, and a fun environment
Tech Support of PowerSchool, SchoolNet, Clinical (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 3, 2015
I've worked in many call-center technical support positions, but none have ever come close to being as excellent as Pearson. It's a great environment to work in. Quiet, friendly, and fun.
Working for Sawyer
Accounts Payable Lead, Travel Program (Current Employee), Glen Burnie MDMarch 3, 2015
Working for sawyer was not the best experience. the hours were long and and the management was hard on you and pushed you to lease apartment or lose your job. My manager was not respectful and the overall company was not organized
Pearson Higher Education Sales
Learning Technology Consultant (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 2, 2015
Good luck finding a work/life balance. You are on call via email around the clock. You are expected to be on campus each day, all day. However, once you get home from campus, you have all of your follow-up work as well as hundreds of emails waiting for your attention from instructors and students. Certain times of the year are insane, but the summers are used for data update, which provides a much needed break.
Warning Fort Wayne!
Test Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 25, 2015
The job itself could have been pleasant but I must warn anyone who would apply at the Fort Wayne test center that the manager is incredibly difficult to work for, and the office is extremely small. There is no escaping constant harassment. She will even stand over you while you complete your new hire feedback questions for Pearson, so you cannot be honest in your responses. I would not recommend ANYONE work at the Fort Wayne test center unless they change the manager (which they haven't done for years!) I have never been treated more horribly in a job before or since... analyzed & critiqued to death at all times, pitted against other employees, paranoia, etc.
Safe, Great work place
Shipping, Receiving, 3rd shift (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJFebruary 25, 2015
if you like boxes this is the job for you. i worked overnight with the shipment team and let me tell you this if you thought youve seen enough boxes then you havent worked here this place keeps the work coming so dont expect any down time. they dont pay to sit around and they make sure you dont. definetly worth the pay enjoyed working here.
A great professional learning experience working for Pearson
CUSTOMER TECHNICAL SUPPORT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Sandy, UTFebruary 20, 2015
Pearson has a fascinating and useful array of educational products, from K-12, to higher education, to lifetime learning. In my time at Pearson, my focus was in educational software for helping school-district-state administrators, but Pearson's dramatically-improving internal communication exposed me to many other products that can be used by working professionals like myself, while enrolled in college or university, and to follow my child's education (even if my school or district does not use the company's products).I was also able to participate in the implementation of products for the rapidly-evolving world of modern digital curriculum and tools, and this was an exciting opportunity.

Some of Pearson's most prominent products require massive scale and speed, and coordination of many departments to implement. Full cross-communication has improved dramatically in the past few years, yet still has room to improve and become a fully-ingrained component of the culture.
not productive
Processor (Current Employee), Cranbury, NJFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: near my house
Cons: work performance
•Administering injections
•Drawing blood
•Ordering supplies and equipment needed to keep the facility running smoothly
•Preparing the exam room for the physician
•Scheduling appointments for patients
•Taking vital signs
•Recording patient medical history
Pearson
Project Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 17, 2015
Pearson is a great place to work and provides its employees with great benefits. The work/life balance is very good and they are very accommodating to the ever changing schedules of their employees.

The company is great for job advancement and is a top company in the publishing industry.
It's been awhile but loved it there!
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: not much
I haven't been employed there in many years but what I do remember was the company was very good. People were great, management was very involved.
Productive and Interesting Place to Intern
Junior Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJFebruary 10, 2015
Everyone on the finance team was very kind and willing to aid me, as I was working as an intern. Pearson gave me a mentor who would guide me and teach me how to run daily operations as an analyst.
Good Work/Life Balance
HR (Current Employee), Old Tappan, NJFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good benefits; work/life
Cons: constant restructuring; poor leadership
Pearson is a great company but it is going through a lot of changes and the leadership isn't what it use to be. Lots of great people work for Pearson. Some employee programs are starting to disappear which is not a step in the right direction in order to attract good hard working employees.
Toxic
Project Manager (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: co-workers were great, decent work/life balance, managers were understanding about things like family emergencies, etc.
Cons: pay is terrible for the amount of work that was expected from us
Constant reorganization and job insecurity made for an extremely toxic work environment. Positions were left vacant for extended periods of time, leaving the remaining employees to pick up the slack--often for positions that were well above their pay grade. Salaries are pathetic and below industry averages. The only good thing about this place was (most of) the people I worked with.
pearson education
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Lebanon, INFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: closed down
I loved working here so sad it closed last year. The staff was great and the benefits were amazing. The pay wasn't the highest of the local factories but the benefits more than made up for that.
Fun place to work
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Old Tappan, NJFebruary 4, 2015
We worked a 35 hour work week
I learned to improve my time management and organization on another level. I learn Excel and basic skills of accounting.

Management was great to work for. They were fair and treated everyone equally. You felt like you weren't a employee but instead as family.

I'm coworkers were a joy to work with, many of which I remain friends with today.

I can't think of any part of working for the company I didn't like of found hard.

The enjoyable part of the job were the perks. Free merchandise, company BBQ's & Picnics. We also had our own company baseball team and we'd compete every summer against Barnes & Nobles team.
Employees