Pearson Employee Reviews in United States

great environment to work
Program Manager Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 9, 2016
Employees are smart and collaborative
Management is transparent
Training is always available
Always Learning is a wonderful motto!
Decent place to work. Good work/life balance.
Intellectual Property Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2016
Learned a lot about publishing industry, and related legal / contract matters affecting the same. My colleagues were good, hard working folks, but due to turmoil of industry, not a stable workplace.
Wlb
Sr Technology Communications Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Work, Life, Balance.

Working at Pearson provide the overall Work, Life, Balance and is overall rating of about 4 Stars.
Education Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working for Harcourt Inc., which was bought by Pearson Inc. I learned a lot during my time with the company. The people at the company are amazing. The only drawback is the lack of job security. The only thing that we were positive would happen yearly is that the workforce would continually become smaller.
Pearson
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Pearson was a great place to work but they needed to close down after losing the Texas contract. I had cool co-workers. the hardest part of the job was to train temps to do our job.
Excellent place to begin a career in technical support.
Help Desk Specialist \ Senior Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 20, 2016
Excellent place to begin a career. The atmosphere lends itself to a warm and supportive place where you learn new tools everyday that will assist you in performing your duties and responsibilities more efficiently and professionally.
Pros
Onhand support from superiors
Cons
Occasional robotic and rude responses to customers.
Brief, but enlightening experience
facility manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 13, 2016
Pearson was a wonderful company, They allowed me to use their schooling system to advance my education on the off time. As the Facility manager off a closing site, things were smooth until managing the site move. Co-workers were wonderful, nice, people who tried to connect. Having to organize between 20 people in several different areas was a challenge.
Pros
Great educaiton
Cons
Miscommuncation
Productive and had a big Cafeteria
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day started with a meeting with the team lead and she told us how many trucks were coming today and how many trucks we needed to pick. My co workers were very kind. if i needed help, i could always depend on them for there help.
Great team, horrible corporate culture
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJanuary 12, 2016
The company has been in a state of constant re-organization for several years. The CEO has been trying to consolidate a huge number of disparate business units across the globe and the results have been dismal. Many of my best co-workers have fled recently and we all expect layoffs in the near future.
Clean and very hygentic environement. Supervisors care about your opinions and take a lot into consideration.
process operator, shipping operations (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJanuary 6, 2016
The days can vary from very busy to moderate. You get trained in anything that you have to do, and if you do not know you can ask. Supervisors or Team Leaders are always available. The environment is clean and is all about team work. One thing you do take is that, team work is very important to get the job done as accurately and efficiently as possible.
Great Work Environment with Great People
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 29, 2015
Great place to work, laid back overall. Nice people who are all willing to help in anyway they can. Management is very easy to work with and very approachable.
Rtcm
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 29, 2015
Pearson is a great company however it's regional management needs a lot of work, bulling should not be tolerated from any company.
Flexible but 0 support
Home Scorer (Former Employee) –  HomeDecember 27, 2015
It was a good Job because it only had 2 requirements: accuracy and 20 hours a week minimum. It was great because I could work it around my other job which had just cut my hours and as a result I was able to make up the difference in my pay check. The accuracy part is a bit of a problem though. If I made a mistake it was nearly impossible to get any kind of feedback or instruction so that I could at least try to not make that mistake again.
Can we survive?
Test Center Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CADecember 17, 2015
We've experienced a great change in our culture over the last two years. People are leaving, assets are being sold off. There is very little positive leadership.
Pros
great co-workers!
Cons
Lack of common sense at corporate level
Fun work place, it feels like a family
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJDecember 17, 2015
Fun to work at.
I learned great customer service skills at Pearson.
Management is great and very helpful
Nice co-workers and will always help new employees
The hardest part was the commute from NY to NJ
Co-workers and helping employess
Solid company
customs compliance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2015
Solid company overall, especially for higher tiered workers. All workers are treated with respect but the pay is lower than industry averages
Pros
Good Benefits
Horrible Experience
Test Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 16, 2015
This was a horrible experience, lied to at interview and mislead, nothing came of it, a real disappointment throughout the entire situation. Steer clear of this company!
Pros
Potential to be a good experience
Cons
Almost everything
Education Industry-student evaluations
Scorer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2015
I evaluated student responses on a daily basis. The work atmosphere was pleasant. Management was very supportive. I focused on being open-minded as the students were 7th graders.
Janitorial Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2015
Fast paced work environment management did their best to help everyone when needed .The main focus was the numbers and making sure our orders came back correctly.
Pearson
Educational Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 24, 2015
Typical day included travel and wide variety of customers from educators to administration. I learned how to be flexible and accomplish the job of meeting customers' needs. Co-workers were a supportive group as were my direct managers. Hardest part of the job was extensive travel. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers use the products.