Pebble Beach Company Employee Reviews

dead end job with low pay.free golf though and good benefits.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAMay 3, 2017
soon after being hired i realized we are the least paid employees not to mention there is no room for growth. don't expect a raise higher then 27 cents a year unless you walk over your own team.very depressing knowing your good work goes unrewarded. work six days a week but no over time because they schedule you in a sneaky but unfortunately legal way. this is a job where you only stick around if you are retired and or cant find anything else.
Pros
free golf, entrance to exclusive events.discounts at shops, restaurants, hotels, rounds of golf.benefits are decent. 20 vacation days a year, five sick days
Cons
very low pay, no room for growth in the department.dead end job basically.
Great experience
Hostess and Cashier, barista, bartender (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAMarch 28, 2017
Fun loving environment with great people and even greater growth opportunities , fast paced at times but overall great hours and co workers work together as a family
Pebble Beach
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAMarch 24, 2017
A very good place to work. In job paid training for all new employees. I was only there as a temp so I'm not really sure what else to say. can I skip this part?
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometimes hectic
Good environment for temporary work
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAMarch 20, 2017
The managers were very friendly and the work kept everyone busy throughout the weekend. Pebble Beach Company provided food for the employees; however, due to the size of the event the management seemed to be spread thin from time to time.
Pros
opportunity for overtime
Excellent work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAMarch 7, 2017
Wonder full experience full of fast pace work. Each day presenting the opportunity to meet new people. Learning new products was always being done in order to best serve the high end cliental.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Scripted customer interactions
Great place to work take great care of there employees
Lead Purchasing Clerk Events (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Great doing events behind the scenes. Moving out millions of dollars of inventory in one week. Interacting with hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world. really pushes time management learning to the extreme. Also learned a lot from my managers about large staff management.
Pros
Free Cafeteria to all & free laundry service to management
Cons
Long work hours during special events (15hrs+)
Enjoyable Temp Job
Deli Clerk and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Even if you have a real job, it's worth to commit yearly to work the Pebble Beach weekend. Great people, great management, great coworkers, great customers. Never a dull moment.
The most amazing work experience!
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJanuary 7, 2016
My time at the Pebble Beach Company was astounding. A remarkable place to work, never mind the astounding beauty of the resort. The benefits package is the best in the business. They have their own doctor, and wellness center that you can see at any time you need. They provide chef prepared meals even over night. My manager was the most understanding and best person you could ever hope to work under. While my job in accounting was difficult at times by the sheer work load, I was able to form a system of handling it with time to spare in case there were issues. The employees I met there I have forged friendships with that will last a lifetime. I would never have left this job if it wasn't for personal reasons which lead me to relocate. However, if I ever did find my way back to the Monterey Peninsula I will surely love to have the opportunity to come back to work for the Pebble Beach Company.
Pros
Perks, friendly, rewarding, beautiful
Cons
I actually can't think of a single one.
working with people from all over the world
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJune 2, 2015
Various duties fro collecting entrance fees to special events like gold tournaments, car shows. and different venues.
Best place to work!
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAFebruary 25, 2015
free lunch is provided daily for employees. best wages around the monterey peninsula. overall amazing place to work. worked as temp employee during concours de elegance
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Incredible resort at the perfect time
Director of Finance & Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAFebruary 3, 2015
My time with Sumitomo Bank's ownership was the best 6 years of my life. There was always something to improve or update. The Japanese took every dollar of profit and plowed it back into the resort. Every person, every project, every meeting was energetic and upbeat.
Pros
Incredible place to live, great benefits (playing Pebble)
Cons
Dearth of professionals my age in area
Work Hard Live Easy
Senior Customer Service Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAOctober 22, 2014
On a typical day, at 7:00am, the phone lines light up and I'm at my desk with my coffee, computer and phone ready to go! It is non-stop all day long except for a brief moment in the early afternoon when we are full staffed. I speak, email and fax with people from all over the world and hear very interesting stories about their lives and guide them with their perfect visit to the Monterey Peninsula.

Working at the Pebble Beach Company has taught me many things and has added to my experience of providing professional, clear communication to my guest and colleagues. Working at a team in a fast-paced office, exceeding expectations daily by maximizing revenue from each guest while.
Great experience
Assistant Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAMay 22, 2014
Most of what I know now I learned from Pebble Beach. They teach you how to be a strong leader and work as a team. I got be involved in some very special events, meet wonderful people, and especially getting the opportunity to work with famous golfers, actors, and chefs.
Pros
Job skills, life leasons, memories
Cons
not able to continue my employment
Dream Job!
Special Event Management Team (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAMay 5, 2014
My experience with Pebble Beach began due to an internship I received while at San Jose State University as part of the Special Event Management Team. Every time I am welcomed back to work their annual events such as AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, Concours d'Elegance and the Food and Wine Festival, I am blown away at the magnificent things that are accomplished flawlessly. Cannot wait to go back!
Treats employees like dirt
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJanuary 14, 2014
co-workers made this place bearable
to many managers so plenty of bad ones
Pros
great location
Cons
don't care for employees
Great Company
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJune 27, 2013
Great company to boost resume but not much room for advancement. There is a glass ceiling so unless someone dies or quits you reach the end of the road. Management is fantastic however pay is not! again this is a great starter company for those who see themselves spending the rest of their lives in hospitality.
Excellent Company for employment
Production Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJune 9, 2013
Great management and support structure. One of the most beautiful locations in the world to work.
Pros
Health Care Plan, Free lunches
Cons
No set schedule or hours
A well oiled machine
Bartender/Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAApril 20, 2013
I didn't realize how spoiled I was working for the Pebble Beach Co. What makes working there so great is it basically has the science of running a top notch resort down to a T. The place practically runs itself, employees are chosen and trained so well, they are given the autonomy to make their own decisions without having management harp on them which is the case in most hospitality environments. I truly believe this is why the employees, no matter what dept. stay so long. The trust they put in their employees to succeed.
Pros
hours, benefits, emp meals, golf, uniform, parking
Cons
seasonal business, weather
Loved working on the beach
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJanuary 4, 2013
This was a very high class place to work. It takes about seven years to get a permanant position here unless you know someone inside. Was only there for a few months for seasonal employment but made a grip. That's why no one leaves. I worked at Spanish Bay and was just awesome how they could completely change a room into what ever the client wants. One evening the changed the ballroom into what looked like ny ny in vegas was awesome.
great benefits
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CADecember 21, 2012
company has great benefits, but there is not job security. Anytime things get tough they lay off people and you never know who is going to be next.