Pebble Beach Company Employee Reviews in United States

Incredible resort at the perfect time
Director of Finance & Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAFebruary 3, 2015
My time with Sumitomo Bank's ownership was the best 6 years of my life. There was always something to improve or update. The Japanese took every dollar of profit and plowed it back into the resort. Every person, every project, every meeting was energetic and upbeat.
Pros
incredible place to live, great benefits (playing pebble)
Cons
dearth of professionals my age in area
Work Hard Live Easy
Senior Customer Service Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAOctober 22, 2014
On a typical day, at 7:00am, the phone lines light up and I'm at my desk with my coffee, computer and phone ready to go! It is non-stop all day long except for a brief moment in the early afternoon when we are full staffed. I speak, email and fax with people from all over the world and hear very interesting stories about their lives and guide them with their perfect visit to the Monterey Peninsula.

Working at the Pebble Beach Company has taught me many things and has added to my experience of providing professional, clear communication to my guest and colleagues. Working at a team in a fast-paced office, exceeding expectations daily by maximizing revenue from each guest while.
working with people from all over the world
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJune 2, 2015
Various duties fro collecting entrance fees to special events like gold tournaments, car shows. and different venues.
Dream Job!
Special Event Management Team (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAMay 5, 2014
My experience with Pebble Beach began due to an internship I received while at San Jose State University as part of the Special Event Management Team. Every time I am welcomed back to work their annual events such as AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, Concours d'Elegance and the Food and Wine Festival, I am blown away at the magnificent things that are accomplished flawlessly. Cannot wait to go back!
Beautiful golf resort with first class service
Catering Conference Services Center (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAFebruary 21, 2012
I had a great experience working at Pebble Beach. The staff was amazing, genuinely concerned with great service and guest experience. The management provided courses to improve the overall skills of the employees and service of the company as well as incentives to have a healthy balance to life. The view was the best I have ever had.
Pros
free meals, free golf, beautiful location
Cons
work varied hours, work holidays, hard hit by economy
A well oiled machine
Bartender/Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAApril 20, 2013
I didn't realize how spoiled I was working for the Pebble Beach Co. What makes working there so great is it basically has the science of running a top notch resort down to a T. The place practically runs itself, employees are chosen and trained so well, they are given the autonomy to make their own decisions without having management harp on them which is the case in most hospitality environments. I truly believe this is why the employees, no matter what dept. stay so long. The trust they put in their employees to succeed.
Pros
hours, benefits, emp meals, golf, uniform, parking
Cons
seasonal business, weather
Loved working on the beach
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJanuary 4, 2013
This was a very high class place to work. It takes about seven years to get a permanant position here unless you know someone inside. Was only there for a few months for seasonal employment but made a grip. That's why no one leaves. I worked at Spanish Bay and was just awesome how they could completely change a room into what ever the client wants. One evening the changed the ballroom into what looked like ny ny in vegas was awesome.
Great experience
Assistant Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAMay 22, 2014
Most of what I know now I learned from Pebble Beach. They teach you how to be a strong leader and work as a team. I got be involved in some very special events, meet wonderful people, and especially getting the opportunity to work with famous golfers, actors, and chefs.
Pros
job skills, life leasons, memories
Cons
not able to continue my employment
Best place to work!
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAFebruary 25, 2015
free lunch is provided daily for employees. best wages around the monterey peninsula. overall amazing place to work. worked as temp employee during concours de elegance
Pros
free lunch
Great Company
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJune 27, 2013
Great company to boost resume but not much room for advancement. There is a glass ceiling so unless someone dies or quits you reach the end of the road. Management is fantastic however pay is not! again this is a great starter company for those who see themselves spending the rest of their lives in hospitality.
Excellent Place to Work
Director of Retail (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CANovember 15, 2012
Great atmosphere with a wonderful team. An opportunity to expand retail experience in the golf industry and venture into other areas of the business unrelated to retail like hospitality, golf, etc.
Pros
benefit package
Cons
limited social life for a single person
One of the most prestigious places in the peninsula to work for
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJuly 12, 2012
A typical day at work is seeing guests enjoying themselves playing golf. I had the pleasure to work with some great co-workers.
Excellent Company for employment
Production Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJune 9, 2013
Great management and support structure. One of the most beautiful locations in the world to work.
Pros
health care plan, free lunches
Cons
no set schedule or hours
great benefits
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CADecember 21, 2012
company has great benefits, but there is not job security. Anytime things get tough they lay off people and you never know who is going to be next.
Family friendly workplace
Record Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJune 5, 2012
Managers are very open with you and willing to help to adjust your schedule.
Pros
free lunch & benefits
Cons
short breaks
Treats employees like dirt
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJanuary 14, 2014
co-workers made this place bearable
to many managers so plenty of bad ones
Pros
great location
Cons
don't care for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pebble Beach Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Pebble Beach Company Reviews by Location